Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

View Poll Results: Who was right in the race argument?
Hardeep - He had every right to be upset 41 51.90%
Hardeep - He had every right to be upset
41 51.90%
Sally - She didn't do much wrong 22 27.85%
Sally - She didn't do much wrong
22 27.85%
Side with both/neither 16 20.25%
Side with both/neither
16 20.25%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 PM #26

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

To me, Sally was in the wrong here. Her comments did come across as borderline racism. The comment about the turban was cringeworthy. And Sally has made too many comments that imply exactly what Hardeep is suggesting.

I'm not a massive fan of Hardeep, but I do understand him taking offence, and the fact that all the housemates shouted him down when they have not been on the receiving end of racism made it worse.

Having said that, Hardeep could have handled it better but I get the fact that his own experience of life has made him sensitive, and I think he walks away as he doesn't feel he can be heard even when he tries to explain things. I just wish he wouldn't apologise when it should have been Sally apologising.

I do wonder if Sally might have been evicted had this been aired yesterday. It's certainly changed the order that I now want the remaining housemates to be evicted.

Last edited by Garfie; 08-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:45 PM #27
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Even if she did, which I don't believe, she wasn't being malicious at all, just throwing out suggestions for the roleplay.

Thoughtless, silly, but not racist, but didn't he jump on it. Even he said he shouldn't have.
She was goading him IMO

No not racist but so disrespectful
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:46 PM #28

Quote:
Even if she did, which I don't believe, she wasn't being malicious at all, just throwing out suggestions for the roleplay.

Thoughtless, silly, but not racist, but didn't he jump on it. Even he said he shouldn't have.
That's his problem he does jump and then run ~ he has done it continually in the house and its no surprise they were sick of it ~ stay and talk don't insult and run.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
She was goading him IMO

Perhaps so, but I do think she has been on a short fuse with him for a while because of his jibes.

Still, he is gone, the atmosphere has already changed for the better.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 PM #30
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Perhaps so, but I do think she has been on a short fuse with him for a while because of his jibes.

Still, he is gone, the atmosphere has already changed for the better.

Cheers
IMO She had more of a problem with him than she had with her, she backstabbed him every chance she got, you never saw Hardeep say anything bad about her ,he admitted to BB they didn't get on, but he didn't do it to anyone in the house to influence nominations
Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
To me, Sally was in the wrong here. Her comments did come across as borderline racism. The comment about the turban was cringeworthy. And Sally has made too many comments that imply exactly what Hardeep is suggesting.

I'm not a massive fan of Hardeep, but I do understand him taking offence, and the fact that all the housemates shouted him down when they have not been on the receiving end of racism made it worse.

Having said that, Hardeep could have handled it better but I get the fact that his own experience of life has made him sensitive, and I think he walks away as he doesn't feel he can be heard even when he tries to explain things. I just wish he wouldn't apologise when it should have been Sally apologising.

I do wonder if Sally might have been evicted had this been aired yesterday. It's certainly changed the order that I now want the remaining housemates to be evicted.
This is probably my answer
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:54 PM #32
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Sally hissing "He can go **** himself" when H left the room showed which out of the two of them has class.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:55 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase. View Post
Sally hissing "He can go **** himself" when H left the room showed which out of the two of them has class.
And she said it just after a simple question by him about her suitcase, I mean what
Old 08-09-2018, 10:56 PM #34
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
And she said it just after a simple question by him about her suitcase, I mean what
She's vile, hen. Bloody vile!
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:00 PM #35
Chaos Queen

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Survivor 40: Parvati
Chaos Queen

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Survivor 40: Parvati

Quote:

How do you know they haven't been on the receiving end of racism? Do you know them personally?
tiger_greengrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:04 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I don't believe for one moment that, even if she doesn't understand the religious significance of Hardeep's turban, that Sally didn't know what it is called. How can she correctly refer to him as a Sikh- the most obvious sign of identity being the turban- without being able to refer to a turban correctly.......? That just doesn't add up for me.

Even giving her the benefit of the doubt, and assuming she didn't know, to refer to it as that thing he wears on his head was totally disrespectful.

The more I think about Sally and her actions throughout this series, the more I think her comments do have racist undertones, which I think she attempts to mask by pleading innocence.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:05 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_greengrass View Post
How do you know they haven't been on the receiving end of racism? Do you know them personally?
What does that matter? The important thing is that they know Hardeep has been and Sally still went ahead with her careless generalisations
Old 08-09-2018, 11:11 PM #38

No one in that house thought Sally was being racist.

Kirstie spoke very clearly to Hardeep about it, explained how the housemates felt about his allegation and he rescinded his remarks.

They were actually there and witnessed it all.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 08-09-2018 at 11:12 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:16 PM #39

DON'T come for a woman's bunions.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_greengrass View Post
Obviously not. However, logic would suggest that as white Brits in Britain it is much less likely, and even if they have been for any reason, the degree would be miniscule compared to someone of a different race, colour and religion, like Hardeep.

And, yes, I realise that Ryan has some Indian ancestry, but without being made aware of that, it is not immediately recognisable. And, yes, Kirstie is American, but again she is white, and comes from a country where racism is strongly focused on black people and ethnic minorities.

I think the answers to the questions posed are pretty self explanatory and obvious. History and actual statistics should give us a good indication of the likelihood of the remaining housemates having been victims of racism to the degree that Hardeep would have experienced it.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 PM #41

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDodge View Post
Sally's comment WAS borderline racist. She should have apologised for being insensitive.

She's a bit dim.
Sally's comment was borderline racist, but Hardeep knew that.

Hardeep saw the opportunity to 'trigger' a housemate, cos that's what he 's been doing... then walking away and let the chaos ensue.

Does everyone remember Aaron and Faye from BBUK12 ?

Hardeep is following Aarons strategy of … inciting....letting chaos ensue ...then apologising

Its all done on purpose, Hardeep played them.

However, Hardeep using the race card is deceitful

so both Sally and Hardeep did wrong
saiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No one in that house thought Sally was being racist.

Kirstie spoke very clearly to Hardeep about it, explained how the housemates felt about his allegation and he rescinded his remarks.

They were actually there and witnessed it all.
Just because no one in the house thought Sally was being racist, it doesn't mean they were right. They are just a very small handful of people.

And just because Hardeep rescinded his comments, and apologised, doesn't mean it wasn't racist or that he didn't feel on the receiving end of racism. Sometimes, when you feel that everyone is against you and that you are banging your head against a brick wall, it is easier and simpler to give in, just to keep the peace, particularly when you are contained within a very limited space.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:47 PM #43

Quote:
Just because no one in the house thought Sally was being racist, it doesn't mean they were right. They are just a very small handful of people.

And just because Hardeep rescinded his comments, and apologised, doesn't mean it wasn't racist or that he didn't feel on the receiving end of racism. Sometimes, when you feel that everyone is against you and that you are banging your head against a brick wall, it is easier and simpler to give in, just to keep the peace, particularly when you are contained within a very limited space.
What you have not addressed is the intent to be racist.

Hardeep has violated every other housemates space with his breaking wind, rudeness and racist allegations.

If an unmeaning remark can be judged racist, then Hardeep is just as guilty at times with his many nasty jibes at white men.

Yet not one of them has made as much about his colour as he has himself. In fact they have bent over backwards not to exclude him, yet it was he who would walk off after dropping insults.

He insulted their intelligence constantly, yet an unthinking careless remarks got called out for being "borderline racist"
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What you have not addressed is the intent to be racist.

Hardeep has violated every other housemates space with his breaking wind, rudeness and racist allegations.

If an unmeaning remark can be judged racist, then Hardeep is just as guilty at times with his many nasty jibes at white men.

Yet not one of them has made as much about his colour as he has himself. In fact they have bent over backwards not to exclude him, yet it was he who would walk off after dropping insults.

He insulted their intelligence constantly, yet an unthinking careless remarks got called out for being "borderline racist"
I have addressed intent in previous posts, so didn't want to repeat.

Ironically, I am not a Hardeep fan, and agree with you that he has been too heavy and intense when it comes to racism, sexism, etc. I do believe that, on many occasions, he has chosen to play devil's advocate just to trigger a reaction in others, and I can understand why housemates might find this annoying.

I also find him a little self-pitying and insincere at times.

However, I do believe he was right in referring to Sally's comments as borderline racist. There have just been too many examples of it. Obviously, none of us can get inside Sally's mind in order to know her intent, so all any of us can do is give our own impressions and interpretations of her motives.

I'm not going to repeat previous posts- where my reasons are explained- but my impression is that Sally's comments have undertones of racism.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:40 AM #45

It was based on initial "use thing on your head as bandaging" which hard to believe Sally didn t realise that was offensive before she said it, as i ve said in my new thread. Also i ve said, it must have been hard for him to trust her anyway after her completely turning about the intention behind his supportive bunion remark and plotting off back of it for days before.
clairefromsomewhereinnort is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:05 AM #46

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Sally all the way. Hardeep playing the race card ao glad hes out
Aaliyah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:42 AM #47
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

more on Hadeep side than Sally though i think both handled it wrong in different ways. what im more baffled by is how everyone doesnt get that someone saying something racist/borderline racist isnt saying they are racist. they just didnt want to hear that part from him. its like they never heard of ignorance.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:49 AM #48

i was on sallys side (nothing she said was racist or "borderline" lol) till she erupted in tears and tried to make a meal of it, they were both acting the fool, i think hardeep responded well when Kirstie called him out on the
dropping bombs and the leaving part'
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:55 AM #49
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
She was goading him IMO

Yes she was, and off the back of what she said about his turban I can see why he was upset, she has friends of all religion but doesnt know what a turban is?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 09-09-2018 at 06:59 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:13 AM #50
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Yes she was, and off the back of what she said about his turban I can see why he was upset, she has friends of all religion but doesnt know what a turban is?
Exactly, she knew exactly what she was doing by disrespecting his religion

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hardeep, sally