Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 21-09-2018, 05:31 AM #51
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
As usual he's being judged by how he looks .
Don't forget only strong men are aggressive & violent
What do you mean how he looks?

The bloke shouts at people for speaking how is that not a sign of aggression?
Old 21-09-2018, 06:10 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Nobody is. He literally attacked Ana for speaking. He is vile but that's likely why you like him - you and him are very similar.

He is one of the most immature men I have seen on BB, and his, and his equally as immature 'friend', Lewis G's BULLYING of Anamaniac has actually caused me to feel sorry for her.

Isaac is very calculating, and from the moment that Lewis G entered and first performed his OTT 'Stephen Bear' routine, Isaac perceived him as one who is going to be very popular with viewers and promptly 'hitched his star to' Lewis G's 'wagon' and became his 'Soul Buddy'.

Consequently - and typical of most who believes they are 'In With The In Crowd' - Isaac has become arrogant and aggressive and believes that he is 'bomb-proof'.

I believe that - whatever happens on eviction night - the one-dimensional Isaac's cockiness will increase and ultimately lead to his downfall.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 06:29 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

He is one of the most immature men I have seen on BB, and his, and his equally as immature 'friend', Lewis G's BULLYING of Anamaniac has actually caused me to feel sorry for her.

Isaac is very calculating, and from the moment that Lewis G entered and first performed his OTT 'Stephen Bear' routine, Isaac perceived him as one who is going to be very popular with viewers and promptly 'hitched his star to' Lewis G's 'wagon' and became his 'Soul Buddy'.

Consequently - and typical of most who believes they are 'In With The In Crowd' - Isaac has become arrogant and aggressive and believes that he is 'bomb-proof'.

I believe that - whatever happens on eviction night - the one-dimensional Isaac's cockiness will increase and ultimately lead to his downfall.

I don't think his friendship with Lewis G is as calculated as you're making out . He actually DIDN'T get on with Lewis G to start with . I think as time went on he realised they're both similar .

Isaac has a temper but he's not the only one , the outburst on Anamelia was random & OTT but she's hardly innocent and she's been at the centre of most arguments in the house and most of them have reached breaking point with her .

She was condescending and rude to Kay in the endurance task, and she continued to be ignorant when Kay tried to get her point across . And in general she never listens.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-09-2018 at 06:29 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 06:29 AM #54

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Not all of us can share your fetish of violent thugs I'm afraid
Reaching
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 06:38 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah exactly this...funny old thing that.....apparently he would have stood up and said the same thing for any housemate ....except that he hasn’t though...he only did because it involved Lewis G...toys, pram...get outa here, not my Lewis G......and then he went on to attack Ana when she had said and done nothing through the whole process...talk about targeting someone ...and that’s the thing as well..He and Ana haven’t had any type of personal confrontation or anything...he has no reason to dislike her..(...and he seems to really, really dislike her..)....other than jumping on the ladz sticking together bandwagon...he’s so grim ...but so is Lewis G, he just handled it differently but was just as up himself about Zoe doing the change, he wasn’t having any of it...he just knows that being the ‘angry man’ is not going to fit the persona he’s adopted for himself...the persona he has every confidence in of being his winning game plan...Lewis G also has no reason to be targeting Ana...he just does because he can and because he sees her as an easy target because she annoys people...it’s ok to bully when that person isn’t well liked...those are the rules apparently...

...a huge shout out to Lewis F though I have to say...he really impressed me with that and his defence of Zoe ....

His problem wasn't because Lewis's got money taken from him though it was the way Lewis f kept bombarding her to pick someone.

He hardly threw his toys out the pram either, in fact he bit his tongue at the table and only brought it up later on a one on one with Lewis f which he had every right to do because of the way he had influenced her decision.

But I get it, the big bad man spoke down to a woman so he must be an aggressive bully and everything he does should be judges negatively from now on.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:22 AM #56
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
His problem wasn't because Lewis's got money taken from him though it was the way Lewis f kept bombarding her to pick someone.

He hardly threw his toys out the pram either, in fact he bit his tongue at the table and only brought it up later on a one on one with Lewis f which he had every right to do because of the way he had influenced her decision.

But I get it, the big bad man spoke down to a woman so he must be an aggressive bully and everything he does should be judges negatively from now on.

Well I guess you do get it. There is never an excuse for aggression like that. I'm glad you are evolving with this insight
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 07:27 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
[/B]

Well I guess you do get it. There is never an excuse for aggression like that. I'm glad you are evolving with this insight
AGRESSION LIKE WHAT?

Standing about ten yards from someone calling them a ****ing snake is hardly a sign of aggresion.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:32 AM #58
-

-

He’s grim.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 07:35 AM #59
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
AGRESSION LIKE WHAT?

Standing about ten yards from someone calling them a ****ing snake is hardly a sign of aggresion.
Speaking down to another human being... berating them with provocation... before they can say anything at all? Verbally insulting and attacking them....

ag·gres·sion
əˈɡreSHən/
noun
hostile or violent behavior or attitudes toward another; readiness to attack or confront.
"his chin was jutting with aggression"
synonyms: hostility, aggressiveness, belligerence, bellicosity, force, violence; More
the action or an act of attacking without provocation.
plural noun: aggressions
"he called for an end to foreign aggression against his country"
forceful and sometimes overly assertive pursuit of one's aims and interests.

Yep... that was aggression
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.

Last edited by Mokka; 21-09-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:38 AM #60
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i'm no fan of Isaac, but he was just telling her to her face how he saw it. Anamelia doesnt exactly encourage calm discourse so people will put their views across to her more strenuously as a result
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 07:44 AM #61
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i'm no fan of Isaac, but he was just telling her to her face how he saw it. Anamelia doesnt exactly encourage calm discourse so people will put their views across to her more strenuously as a result
He came into the room where she was... Sat on front of her and others looking for validation for his views... and then went off on her when she began to comment.

If he doesn't what a discourse with her... he could not engage her. He could have stayed out of her space and area and talked to the other 13 people in the house. What he did has no valid excuse.
Old 21-09-2018, 08:57 AM #62

Im not keen of him he cant say a sentence without the F word.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 09:01 AM #63
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
Im not keen of him he cant say a sentence without the F word.
i didn't ****ing notice this
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 09:12 AM #64
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
What do you mean how he looks?

The bloke shouts at people for speaking how is that not a sign of aggression?
It is a sign of aggression and I'm no fan of Isaac, however, Kenaley was exactly the same in the bathroom scenes and Anamelia has been the exact same several times and yet no one is calling them out for being thuggish or aggressive.

I'm not defending him; it IS thuggish and aggressive, BUT it shouldn't be seen as being somehow MORE aggressive just because he's large and male. Or maybe even it's just because he's a big guy? People don't seem to have the same issue with Lewis F's rants but they're just as aggressive... I guess it just seems less scary if it's a skinny-ripped guy with a squeaky voice rather than a physically imposing guy like Isaac.

Though maybe there is a difference? Maybe people who have an imposing physical presence do need to be aware of that and how it can come across. Though I'm inclined to say that it's a good idea for everyone to avoid getting heated like that. But to be fair I can't really claim to be any different. If I had Anamelia or Lewis F kicking off in my shop I'd just find it funny... if I had Isaac flipping tables I'd probably have a hand on the security button .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 09:15 AM #65

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
Speaking down to another human being... berating them with provocation... before they can say anything at all? Verbally insulting and attacking them....

ag·gres·sion
əˈɡreSHən/
noun
hostile or violent behavior or attitudes toward another; readiness to attack or confront.
"his chin was jutting with aggression"
synonyms: hostility, aggressiveness, belligerence, bellicosity, force, violence; More
the action or an act of attacking without provocation.
plural noun: aggressions
"he called for an end to foreign aggression against his country"
forceful and sometimes overly assertive pursuit of one's aims and interests.

Yep... that was aggression
Haha people went MAD when people said this about Deborah and hannah haha
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 10:00 AM #66
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It is a sign of aggression and I'm no fan of Isaac, however, Kenaley was exactly the same in the bathroom scenes and Anamelia has been the exact same several times and yet no one is calling them out for being thuggish or aggressive.

I'm not defending him; it IS thuggish and aggressive, BUT it shouldn't be seen as being somehow MORE aggressive just because he's large and male. Or maybe even it's just because he's a big guy? People don't seem to have the same issue with Lewis F's rants but they're just as aggressive... I guess it just seems less scary if it's a skinny-ripped guy with a squeaky voice rather than a physically imposing guy like Isaac.

Though maybe there is a difference? Maybe people who have an imposing physical presence do need to be aware of that and how it can come across. Though I'm inclined to say that it's a good idea for everyone to avoid getting heated like that. But to be fair I can't really claim to be any different. If I had Anamelia or Lewis F kicking off in my shop I'd just find it funny... if I had Isaac flipping tables I'd probably have a hand on the security button .
The major distinction is that Ana wasn't directly screaming names and negative adjectives about them to their faces. She was arguing a point in a discussion... does she do that badly... yes... but is a targeted insulting attack? No.
Lewis F yells insults and calls Ana names yes, but most if what he does he does behind her back... and when it's at her they are both exchanging words. Do I think Lewis F is a prick for it... yes. When he does it to her face, is he being provoked... yes.
While their behaviours are bad and unwarranted... neither are clear aggressive attacks the way Isaac's were.
Old 21-09-2018, 11:21 AM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Haha people went MAD when people said this about Deborah and hannah haha
Ok Im not being PC here - but lets ask a question, who would you rather be in a physical fight with - Anamelia? Or Isaac?

Be honest!!

The simple fact of the matter is - is that Isaac IS a very big lad - he was being intimidating - deliberately, not just with his words but with his body language and I think when you re of that stature - and inst he a boxer? You should control yourself.

If you have problem with someone broach it to them in a conversation - which Anameilia has done at least, in her bra, using her words to convey what she meant (cant stand her BTW just prefer her to Isaac)

And people seem to forget she was first had beef with Isaac on the first night - right after they had collected their coins because Isaac stole some of her coins - she couldn't believe it and had a go at him for stealing - and in the end said ''you do you''

that was when his true colours first came out, his reaction was vile. If you back at re watch the launch night towards the end. The way he spoke to her then I knew he was a wrongun.

He talks like he should be in kidadulthood. He was intimidating - in a very aggressive manner in my opinion.

Last edited by sungrass; 21-09-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: missed out a word.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 11:25 AM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrass View Post
Ok Im not being PC here - but lets ask a question, who would you rather be in a physical fight with - Anamelia? Or Isaac?

Be honest!!

The simple fact of the matter is - is that Isaac IS a very big lad - he was being intimidating - deliberately, not just with his words but with his body language and I think when you re of that stature - and inst he a boxer? You should control yourself.

If you have problem with someone broach it to them in a conversation - which Anameilia has done at least, in her bra, using her words to convey what she meant (cant stand her BTW just prefer her to Isaac)

And people seem to forget she was first had beef with Isaac on the first night - right after they had collected their coins because Isaac stole some of her coins - she couldn't believe it and had a go at him for stealing - and in the end said ''you do you''

that was when his true colours first came out, his reaction was vile. If you back at re watch the launch night towards the end. The way he spoke to her then I knew he was a wrongun.

He talks like he should be in kidadulthood. He was intimidating - in a very aggressive manner in my opinion.
Anamelia and Issac? No but that wasn’t the comparison I was making
People got mad when people called Deborah aggressive when like tbh I’d be equally scared if either were sprinting up a flight of stairs to try and clock me in the jaw (she did do this btw)
If people are calling anamelia aggressive they are idiots, I’m just pointing out the silly double standard when like Issac hasn’t physically threatened or intimidated anyone yet

Last edited by Elliot; 21-09-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 12:17 PM #69
0_o

0_o

Quote:

I do think people should be aware of stuff like that, however..taking that to its full conclusion this would be that Isaac (and larger men in general) could never ever lose his temper and insult anyone as it could comes across aggressive. Which is a slightly unfair standards of behaviour to place on him I think Obviously any insults are unnecessary most(all?) of the time, however we are all human..and show me someone who says they have never lost their temper and I will show you a liar.

I am not seeing this screaming thing that others seem to be seeing. Yes he said stuff unprovoked that was not nice, but honestly it seems like so many on here saw him right up in her face shouting...and there are a lot of housemates who have insulted/ranted/been nasty much more than he has, but I have not seen any of them called aggressive.

This bigger guys thing has always been an issue on BB though. One standout example, and I remember making a thread on it at the time, was back in bb12, Tom had had an argument or something and had kicked a plantpot across the garden. Noone really thought anything of this..many found it funny, however had this been Jay (or even any of the guys who wasn't weedy) with exactly the same behaviour, there would have been calls for his ejection. It is a double standard, however one that I do understand also. But I do think it is quite unfair to not expect larger guys to ever lose it a bit or be nasty, and to always be mindful of how they come across when we don't expect that from anyone else.

Isaac is a prick though, so not sure why I am 'defending' him. He seems to have no redeeming qualities at all, bar how pretty he is..which isn't a redeeming quality at all really (and already he is starting to look less attractive..as happens ever year when the goodlooking guy turns out to be a dick)
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 21-09-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 12:40 PM #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I do think people should be aware of stuff like that, however..taking that to its full conclusion this would be that Isaac (and larger men in general) could never ever lose his temper and insult anyone as it could comes across aggressive. Which is a slightly unfair standards of behaviour to place on him I think Obviously any insults are unnecessary most(all?) of the time, however we are all human..and show me someone who says they have never lost their temper and I will show you a liar.

I am not seeing this screaming thing that others seem to be seeing. Yes he said stuff unprovoked that was not nice, but honestly it seems like so many on here saw him right up in her face shouting...and there are a lot of housemates who have insulted/ranted/been nasty much more than he has, but I have not seen any of them called aggressive.

This bigger guys thing has always been an issue on BB though. One standout example, and I remember making a thread on it at the time, was back in bb12, Tom had had an argument or something and had kicked a plantpot across the garden. Noone really thought anything of this..many found it funny, however had this been Jay (or even any of the guys who wasn't weedy) with exactly the same behaviour, there would have been calls for his ejection. It is a double standard, however one that I do understand also. But I do think it is quite unfair to not expect larger guys to ever lose it a bit or be nasty, and to always be mindful of how they come across when we don't expect that from anyone else.

Isaac is a prick though, so not sure why I am 'defending' him. He seems to have no redeeming qualities at all, bar how pretty he is..which isn't a redeeming quality at all really (and already he is starting to look less attractive..as happens ever year when the goodlooking guy turns out to be a dick)

Yes - those are very good points. Just because a guy is physically large doesnt mean it should only be little women that get to rant and rave. I think thats why James Brighton won in his series as he held it together against his crazy ex and her provocations.

But yeah Isaac is a prick - he comes across as one and he doesnt seem to be liked by anyone so there must be a reason for that.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 01:01 PM #71
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan

He's absolutely awful, I can't stand him.

But he was actually more aggressive towards Lewis F than Anamelia, what he said to her was just unnecessary and random.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hated, housemate, isaac