Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 28-09-2018, 11:32 PM #1

Default The sympathy vote...

Now don't get me wrong...I don't dislike Zoe. She has her say and tells people privately if she thinks they are wrong.
I know she must miss her son dreadfully especially as she is with him 24/7 as his mother and carer. She is obviously doing this for her and her son...she said she asked BB for an update as to how he is doing at school and BB said they couldn't do that. Then the tears flowed.
This would have been made perfectly clear to her at some stage prior to going into the house...but she still asked and then told some of the housemates (probably all of them at some stage, but we only saw her tell a few).
Zoe made that decision to be away from her son for possibly 9 weeks...she must have prepared herself for that...although committing to it and dealing with it are two different things. BUT even though the housemates seem to like her, if they wanted her up for eviction I think they would question their conscience by nominating her because of her story...
I almost feel bad for bringing the sympathy story into it...but it surely has an effect on the housemates and public alike.

Last edited by rusticgal; 28-09-2018 at 11:33 PM.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:35 PM #2
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

I do think it'll have an effect, though she is an interesting housemate (imo) and I love her blunt "no nonsense" responses to annoying ****

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:46 PM #3
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Tbf, she has been away from him for quite a long time now and it'll feel even longer when you're in there. Remember they were put into hiding much earlier than they have been the past few years so I can kind of understand her getting upset.
Old 28-09-2018, 11:55 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Tbf, she has been away from him for quite a long time now and it'll feel even longer when you're in there. Remember they were put into hiding much earlier than they have been the past few years so I can kind of understand her getting upset.

I understand that...but she knew the score. It's a bit like the sob stories on the X Factor.
I know I sound harsh...but it may give her an easier ride to the final.
Old 28-09-2018, 11:56 PM #5
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Tbh I would feel bad about nominating Zoe if I was in the house, but I do agree with you Rusticgal that even if another Housemate were to dislike her they'd probably be scared to nominate her in fear of being seen as an evil bastard for nominating someone who has a disabled Son.

As Cian rightfully said on the highlights though, if her Son was doing so badly I do think that BB would tell her about it as after all the production aren't evil people, they would want her to know if he really wasn't coping.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:02 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Tbh I would feel bad about nominating Zoe if I was in the house, but I do agree with you Rusticgal that even if another Housemate were to dislike her they'd probably be scared to nominate her in fear of being seen as an evil bastard for nominating someone who has a disabled Son.

As Cian rightfully said on the highlights though, if her Son was doing so badly I do think that BB would tell her about it as after all the production aren't evil people, they would want her to know if he really wasn't coping.
Of course they would tell her...and I'm sure that was agreed by both parties, which is why I question her motives by asking them and then telling the other housemates they refused...and then crying. It's like playing on their and the publics emotions..
Old 29-09-2018, 12:03 AM #7
0_o

0_o

Of course BB won't update her on her sons school life. Its a ridiculous ask tbh.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:07 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Of course BB won't update her on her sons school life. Its a ridiculous ask tbh.

Exactly....but do you think it's a deliberate ploy to help her get to the final...because I do.
Old 29-09-2018, 12:09 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Of course they would tell her...and I'm sure that was agreed by both parties, which is why I question her motives by asking them and then telling the other housemates they refused...and then crying. It's like playing on their and the publics emotions..
I'm not surprised at Zoe using this tactic tbh, it's probably her only avenue to potentially win the show.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:10 AM #10
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Exactly....but do you think it's a deliberate ploy to help her get to the final...because I do.
Yup.

I think she may have misjudged it though. In thinking shes guilt tripping them out of nominating her, I think it might go the other way and instead she becomes the easy nomination to replace Lewis G. Like..people already use 'shes missing her kid' as a reason.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:14 AM #11
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

i actually think of it being a disadvantage if she wants to stay. Housemates could easily use that as an excuse to nominate her, saying she misses her son etc and she would be happier not being in the house
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:16 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yup.

I think she may have misjudged it though. In thinking shes guilt tripping them out of nominating her, I think it might go the other way and instead she becomes the easy nomination to replace Lewis G. Like..people already use 'shes missing her kid' as a reason.

That's true...but he's not just any child..he is a child with disabilities and the reason I would think she is in there. Therefore they may think twice about using that as a reason.
Old 29-09-2018, 04:53 AM #13

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong...I don't dislike Zoe. She has her say and tells people privately if she thinks they are wrong.
I know she must miss her son dreadfully especially as she is with him 24/7 as his mother and carer. She is obviously doing this for her and her son...she said she asked BB for an update as to how he is doing at school and BB said they couldn't do that. Then the tears flowed.
This would have been made perfectly clear to her at some stage prior to going into the house...but she still asked and then told some of the housemates (probably all of them at some stage, but we only saw her tell a few).
Zoe made that decision to be away from her son for possibly 9 weeks...she must have prepared herself for that...although committing to it and dealing with it are two different things. BUT even though the housemates seem to like her, if they wanted her up for eviction I think they would question their conscience by nominating her because of her story...
I almost feel bad for bringing the sympathy story into it...but it surely has an effect on the housemates and public alike.
I just feel Zoe is a normal genuine person , she hasn't cried that much . And her son has got special needs so she'll obviously worry about him more .

I don't mind her getting a bit of sympathy ,atleast she's an interesting down to earth housemate . Plus she hasn't done anything annoying or stupid to upset the other housemates so you can see why she'd be likeable in the house. And i love how she's honest and tells people to their face when they've done something wrong .
Old 29-09-2018, 06:19 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...she might have known what it entailed but it’s one of those things of knowing that... and then actually going through it, I feel...she knew she would miss her son dreadfully and now she’s actually experiencing missing her son dreadfully...and the reality of something like that can never ever be quite prepared for...especially as the vibe of the house will be a big factor as well...how many people you connect with, you know ...as a distraction..?...for her really, it’s only been Cian...she’s never really connected to any of the females or any other Male in the way she has with Cian...so she’ll be feeling totally dependant on him as well...and he’s a complete support to her, their friendship is lovely...but it still won’t prevent from her feeling the separation from her son at times obviously..and I think on the whole she’s getting through it all brilliantly....I don’t feel it’s having any bearing on anyone’s views of her either...it hasn’t gained her any specific ‘sympathy’ or attention from her fellow housemates so far as I can see...and it hasn’t gained any sympathy from the public, she’s not a housemate that’s particularly discussed much...it doesn’t give her any ‘edge’ whatsoever...she’s just a mother who is desperately missing her child but being judged by her interactions in the house and who has her down moments...and they’re all having those I would think...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sympathy, vote, zoe