Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 23-10-2018, 10:16 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That's not my point really. My point is that if he currently doesn't have the ability to discuss anything (it seems) in a calm and measured way, then being so eager to delve into the depths of things like social politics, suicide and mortality is a really bad idea both for himself and for anyone who would be going there with him. There are types of conversation that it's frankly just naive to plunge feet-first into to shoot the breeze or pass the time. The abyss stares back, and Lewis to be brutally honest does not seem like an emotionally healthy person right now... if he's not careful, he'll fold like wet tissue paper. Is all I'm saying. Keeping interactions fun and light has a very good purpose and can be very important... he's desperate to insist that these interactions are "lesser" instead of just "different", and that to me strongly indicates that he doesn't know how to find the balance that will (not to be melodramatic but...) keep him sane.

If no one can speak to him on these issues, your point is just conjecture.

He has had many laughs and carries himself well at these times.

You are putting him down through your perceived opinion of what might happen, not what has actually occurred.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:18 AM #52
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I'd like to hear his thoughts on the health benefits for flexatarians eating Dairy Penguin eggs

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:20 AM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Tbf it would be nice to hear other types of conversations on the show.

But it all depends on how he put it across and if he was dictating to people about what they should talk about as I dislike anyone that does that sort of behaviour.

I haven't been watching it the past couple of days just so that people don't find this post strange.
I think he was consoling T. re the suggestion box. He is only asking for something which a lot of viewers may like to hear at times. He isnt telling anyone not to but to just add a little bit of interest to the house. A little bit of everything is the answer to a good community and that is how he thinks.
Jules82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:21 AM #54
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
TBH I'd like to talk to him about these things to see if he actually has any depth or insight, or if (as I strongly suspect) his desire to portray himself as deep and thoughtful is mostly window-dressing.

He's a confusing character at the moment because he waxes lyrical about being a deep thinker and philosophical, but to be honest, his interactions with others are severely lacking in any amount of deeper thought or understanding. He's intolerant of people and unwilling to even look for their depth unless it's offered to him on a platter... which is profoundly unphilosophical.

I mean yes we can all have our off days like that, and it's not an indicator of overall character, but we've seen him for 6 weeks now and I've rarely (if ever) seen him make much of an effort to examine the world from any perspective other than his own. So what exactly is it that he wants to talk about? . Perhaps he wants to preach, which isn't really the same thing.
Quote:
That's not my point really. My point is that if he currently doesn't have the ability to discuss anything (it seems) in a calm and measured way, then being so eager to delve into the depths of things like social politics, suicide and mortality is a really bad idea both for himself and for anyone who would be going there with him. There are types of conversation that it's frankly just naive to plunge feet-first into to shoot the breeze or pass the time. The abyss stares back, and Lewis to be brutally honest does not seem like an emotionally healthy person right now... if he's not careful, he'll fold like wet tissue paper. Is all I'm saying. Keeping interactions fun and light has a very good purpose and can be very important... he's desperate to insist that these interactions are "lesser" instead of just "different", and that to me strongly indicates that he doesn't know how to find the balance that will (not to be melodramatic but...) keep him sane.
..I love it when our thoughts are together, TS.....you’re often the lovable bit and rarely the dick bit.....yeah the thing is with Lewis, is that he feels he’s deep and aspires to be deep but he never delves below the surface with people...he judges only on surface and so deprives himself of getting to know so many housemates in any depth...what would be their views on politics, on homelessness, in suicide...?...he has no idea because he’s already made judgements and all judgements that he’s made are only skin deep...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:22 AM #55
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I'd like to hear his thoughts on the health benefits for flexatarians eating Dairy Penguin eggs
...while you’re both taking a long flight to China together...?...
Old 23-10-2018, 10:22 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
It’s not even about people having these conversations it’s how Lewis thinks he’s above it all since he’s obviously going for that kind of aesthetic when in reality he’s just as petty and horny, if not more so, than the simpletons he mocks on his high horse. He’s never been aired having these conversations anyway, and mocked Kay for her passionate beliefs
Kay thought she was too good for the house, she thought she was perfect but naturally she wasnt and isnt.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:24 AM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post

You are putting him down through your perceived opinion of what might happen, not what has actually occurred.
..it is what has already occurred though and not conjecture...he’s judged the majority of his housemates as snakes and reptiles..not people he’s delved below the surface of but of people he hasn’t wanted to delve below the surface of...
Old 23-10-2018, 10:25 AM #58
-

-

Quote:

I'm not putting him down, I'm analysing his character in a social situation because he's on a show that has been about analysing characters in social situations since the day it was conceptualised. I don't think he's a bad person, I certainly don't think he's "evil" or "scum" or any of the other stuff that's been thrown around about him, but I do know (for a fact, because he's said it) that he considers certain types of conversation and interaction to be inherently "better" than others which I find naive, and he has frequently shown that he struggles to keep his emotions balanced, and those things combined (in my opinion) show a lack of the intellectual maturity and emotional stability that's required to properly engage in a balanced discussion of the things he wants to talk about.

Being blunt I find it highly unlikely that he could continue an interaction on these topics with someone who doesn't agree with what he's saying for very long without becoming frustrated or angry. I think he assumes that a different perspective = "people who just don't get it". And that's not a conversation.

I would add that the reason I'm pretty confident about these things is that I've been there. I lived there for years ... .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:25 AM #59
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...while you’re both taking a long flight to China together...?...
If I could hear anything over that bloody screaming baby

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 23-10-2018, 10:29 AM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
.....Lewis - ‘can you throw that goddamn baby out of the exit door..I’m trying to explain to Niamh about the health benefits for flexatarians eating dairy penguin eggs..’....
Old 23-10-2018, 10:30 AM #61

"..I love it when our thoughts are together, TS.....you’re often the lovable bit and rarely the dick bit.....yeah the thing is with Lewis, is that he feels he’s deep and aspires to be deep but he never delves below the surface with people...he judges only on surface and so deprives himself of getting to know so many housemates in any depth...what would be their views on politics, on homelessness, in suicide...?...he has no idea because he’s already made judgements and all judgements that he’s made are only skin deep..."
It doesnt pay to be judgemental and this is what we are all doing without more knowledge of a situation. We do not know what depth anyone of them have gone into behind the scenes as we only see a small edit of all things. it has become for years now, the way of the powers that be to produce the thing which they feel the public want and need and that is scraps, negativity, fights etc. etc. They think they cater only for the young, (not saying that the young need their interpretation of whats right and wrong in the programme) they seem to forget that there are those who have been there since day one and each one has aged, these are their loyal viewers. The young of today are out and about having their kind of fun. So a mix of everything is great, the older have learnt to grow with the programme. My point is there has been chats behind the scene which havent been shown. We know this by remarks made, Tomasz is intelligent etc. etc. many remarks proving that we just do not see all other than the negativity which overtakes the producers minds. Many enjoy it...

Last edited by Jules82; 23-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:31 AM #62
-

-

Quote:
Don't disrespect Bau Bau . Best housemate of 2018.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:32 AM #63
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules82 View Post
..I love it when our thoughts are together, TS.....you’re often the lovable bit and rarely the dick bit.....yeah the thing is with Lewis, is that he feels he’s deep and aspires to be deep but he never delves below the surface with people...he judges only on surface and so deprives himself of getting to know so many housemates in any depth...what would be their views on politics, on homelessness, in suicide...?...he has no idea because he’s already made judgements and all judgements that he’s made are only skin deep...

It doesnt pay to be judgemental and this is what we are all doing without more knowledge of a situation. We do not know what depth anyone of them have gone into behind the scenes as we only see a small edit of all things. it has become for years now, the way of the powers that be to produce the thing which they feel the public want and need and that is scraps, negativity, fights etc. etc. They think they cater only for the young, (not saying that the young need their interpretation of whats right and wrong in the programme) they seem to forget that there are those who have been there since day one and each one has aged, these are their loyal viewers. The young of today are out and about having their kind of fun. So a mix of everything is great, the older have learnt to grow with the programme. My point is there has been chats behind the scene which havent been shown. We know this by remarks made, Tomasz is intelligent etc. etc. many remarks proving that we just do not see all other than the negativity which overtakes the producers minds. Many enjoy it...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 23-10-2018, 10:33 AM #64
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Don't disrespect Bau Bau . Best housemate of 2018.
Green bobble hat ftw tbh

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 23-10-2018, 10:33 AM #65
-

-

Quote:
Green bobble hat ftw tbh
Bau Bau wearing the green bobble hat?
Old 23-10-2018, 10:35 AM #66
-

-

I'm now imagining their faces if Emma Willis' voice came on announcing that "the winner of big brother 2018 is............... That green bobble hat you all keep wearing! Congratulations, hat."
Old 23-10-2018, 10:39 AM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Bau Bau wearing the green bobble hat?
a match made in heaven

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 23-10-2018, 10:39 AM #68
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
"..I love it when our thoughts are together, TS.....you’re often the lovable bit and rarely the dick bit.....yeah the thing is with Lewis, is that he feels he’s deep and aspires to be deep but he never delves below the surface with people...he judges only on surface and so deprives himself of getting to know so many housemates in any depth...what would be their views on politics, on homelessness, in suicide...?...he has no idea because he’s already made judgements and all judgements that he’s made are only skin deep..."
..that’s the thing though..Tomasz is judged on his sexual innuendos, for instance, as being one dimensional...Sian is judged because shes fine cooking food for them or clearing up after them...Akeem is judged because he’s fairly easy going by nature but competitive as well...Cian is judged because of his positivity and that he prefers to be around lightness and fun...etc, etc...with no real attempt by Lewis to discover any depths in people...
Old 23-10-2018, 10:40 AM #69

Quote:
I'm not putting him down, I'm analysing his character in a social situation because he's on a show that has been about analysing characters in social situations since the day it was conceptualised. I don't think he's a bad person, I certainly don't think he's "evil" or "scum" or any of the other stuff that's been thrown around about him, but I do know (for a fact, because he's said it) that he considers certain types of conversation and interaction to be inherently "better" than others which I find naive, and he has frequently shown that he struggles to keep his emotions balanced, and those things combined (in my opinion) show a lack of the intellectual maturity and emotional stability that's required to properly engage in a balanced discussion of the things he wants to talk about.

Being blunt I find it highly unlikely that he could continue an interaction on these topics with someone who doesn't agree with what he's saying for very long without becoming frustrated or angry. I think he assumes that a different perspective = "people who just don't get it". And that's not a conversation.

I would add that the reason I'm pretty confident about these things is that I've been there. I lived there for years ... .
You don't know how he could react though.

Because he might be having an interesting discussion with someone on a subject he is interested in, he could find it highly enjoyable.

You are basing your analysis on his frustrations in the past and not on any actual conversation he might care to have in the future.

It's not going to happen because there are not many in there who could have this conversation. I think he is dying to have this conversation and perhaps learn from it too, it doesn't automatically follow that he will blow up if he regards the other person has an educated and valid point of view.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 23-10-2018 at 10:41 AM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:42 AM #70
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
You don't know how he could react though.

Because he might be having an interesting discussion with someone on a subject he is interested in, he could find it highly enjoyable.

You are basing your analysis on his frustrations in the past and not on any actual conversation he might care to have in the future.

It's not going to happen because there are not many in there who could have this conversation. I think he is dying to have this conversation and perhaps learn from it too, it doesn't automatically follow that he will blow up if he regards the other person has an educated and valid point of view.
...whether Lewis agreed with the opinions of or not...everyone in there could have those conversations if those conversations were sought ..rather than judgements and assumptions made...
Old 23-10-2018, 10:48 AM #71

Quote:

Being blunt I find it highly unlikely that he could continue an interaction on these topics with someone who doesn't agree with what he's saying for very long without becoming frustrated or angry. I think he assumes that a different perspective = "people who just don't get it". And that's not a

conversation.

You have good points there TS but I have no doubt that you will also realise that it is very difficult to go into a programme of self improvement. There are so many things that will bring us down just like that, then we have to learn control. I say this also with knowledge and I have found myself taking myself to task, then I have learnt where I went wrong.

For Lewis this is a good exercise, he put himself, warts and all, in front of the public for approval along with the cash. For me I believe that he will analise all things and see where he can go further in his quest. On the other hand he is going to be successful no matter what and it will depend on whether he lets materialism end it for a while. He will take himself to task because he is that sort of person even if he seems negative. Thereagain can we be sure, not really but it is a positive judgement.

Each one of them will have learnt something if they are wise enough to accept the results and after all it is supposed to be a social experiment.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:52 AM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...whether Lewis agreed with the opinions of or not...everyone in there could have those conversations if those conversations were sought ..rather than judgements and assumptions made...
I disagree, I am of an advanced age, I was in a family gathering where the sole topic of conversation between the younger members of the family was mobile phones, it went on for hours and I couldn't get away quick enough.

If I was in that house and there were hundreds of sexual remarks made everyday, I wouldn't care to get in deep conversations either. This day after day after day.

The women and make up.
Gay sex and its connotations both men and women which even Cameron can't take.
Mr Boring who has no opinions but to tell everyone how good he is
Idiots like Hussain and Lewis G taunting and baiting
Zoe and her daily routines

The opportunities for deep conversations are almost nil.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:55 AM #73
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
You have good points there TS but I have no doubt that you will also realise that it is very difficult to go into a programme of self improvement. There are so many things that will bring us down just like that, then we have to learn control. I say this also with knowledge and I have found myself taking myself to task, then I have learnt where I went wrong.

For Lewis this is a good exercise, he put himself, warts and all, in front of the public for approval along with the cash. For me I believe that he will analise all things and see where he can go further in his quest. On the other hand he is going to be successful no matter what and it will depend on whether he lets materialism end it for a while. He will take himself to task because he is that sort of person even if he seems negative. Thereagain can we be sure, not really but it is a positive judgement.

Each one of them will have learnt something if they are wise enough to accept the results and after all it is supposed to be a social experiment.
..I just wish he would have the same understanding of others though is the thing...like with Kay for instance when she was struggling..?..and struggling in the way she struggled which was typical of her character..?...as Lewis has struggled in the way that his typical to his character...?...really no difference but he dismissed the negativity she was absorbing and how unhappy it was making her feel as ...’why did you come into the house then and deprive someone else of the experience’...it’s just that lack of self awareness and lack of compassion for others if he’s in any way criticised...
Old 23-10-2018, 11:01 AM #74
-

-

Quote:

I do think that Lewis will learn a lot from this and probably change in many ways if he goes back and watches through the series, to be fair. I think getting an outside perspective on himself will be quite eye-opening and I doubt he'll like everything that he sees. Which is true of everyone who goes onto a show like this, I guess, but Lewis specifically has shown a lot of interest in "bettering himself" (meditation, yoga etc.) so will hopefully be paying attention.

On the other hand, he's quite likely to win which might put a dampener on that as it will be very affirming.
Old 23-10-2018, 11:01 AM #75
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I disagree, I am of an advanced age, I was in a family gathering where the sole topic of conversation between the younger members of the family was mobile phones, it went on for hours and I couldn't get away quick enough.

If I was in that house and there were hundreds of sexual remarks made everyday, I wouldn't care to get in deep conversations either. This day after day after day.

The women and make up.
Gay sex and its connotations both men and women which even Cameron can't take.
Mr Boring who has no opinions but to tell everyone how good he is
Idiots like Hussain and Lewis G taunting and baiting
Zoe and her daily routines

The opportunities for deep conversations are almost nil.
..I kind of think we’re complete opposites in that specific vein, Poppsy...I’m fine talking about make up if that’s what a particular interest is...I’m fine being enlightened about gay sexual acts but wouldn’t have much input myself, being heterosexual...Hussain and Lewis ..?...they were both very much playing ‘parts’ but I would be interested in their reality and not their part playing...being a parent is much about routines so there would be lots of routine stuff which would be fun to discuss with Zoe...

...I think it’s an agree to disagree thing.....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
homeless, let’s, lewis, people, politics, suicide, talk