Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 29-10-2018, 07:39 PM #51
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules82 View Post

Wasnt aware there were any criminals on the show, do you have proof if not it is rather libellous to say such a thing, knowing it was meant to be for a present HM. The posts are read.
Lewis admitted in his VT when he entered the house he had criminal convictions for theft and arson.
Old 29-10-2018, 08:09 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Lewis admitted in his VT when he entered the house he had criminal convictions for theft and arson.
I heard or read, he set fire to a bin.

Not exactly the Fire of London but if he was prosecuted he has had his collar felt.

Can't help you any further but it has been scrupulously investigated by his detractors and nothing found as yet but do let us know if you find anything else out about it.

Dying to know.
Old 29-10-2018, 09:03 PM #53
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules82 View Post
All the sniping Ifs, so if you have proof of your words, which I only get the gist of, too much to read sensibly, present it. You will find that no matter what his loyal fans will stand by him. The fact that BB stood up for him says a lot. The fact that his family are with him, says a lot, they wouldnt risk any untrue comments, they would just keep quiet.

He is the eventual true favourite outside the house no matter what, any winner now will be second best and win on his shirt tails. Hopefully it will be Cameron. Also if one thinks that the bookies and powers that be cannot do the dirty, you are wrong it has been done many times, it is all about money. This is why I never count my chickens.

Cameron to win..
That's the typical response from certain supporters of a Lewser. "At least everyone knows he/she was the real winner" No, everyone doesn't know that. Everyone knows that's what certain upset and furious fans tell themselves, somehow believing that presenting any type of nonsensical hollow victory will ease the pain. Masking reality will get you nowhere. The reality is Lewser Lewis was kicked off the show for expressing UNACCEPTABLE language/views.

Yes, fake "litte bro" Cam to win. Make me some money
Old 29-10-2018, 10:08 PM #54

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
That's the typical response from certain supporters of a Lewser. "At least everyone knows he/she was the real winner" No, everyone doesn't know that. Everyone knows that's what certain upset and furious fans tell themselves, somehow believing that presenting any type of nonsensical hollow victory will ease the pain. Masking reality will get you nowhere. The reality is Lewser Lewis was kicked off the show for expressing UNACCEPTABLE language/views.

It's definitely secured Cam the win
Old 30-10-2018, 12:32 AM #55
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
If you bet on a wonky donkey you can't really complain when it decides to suddenly bolt head first into the nearest hedge
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 01:33 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
This thread is basically saying that BB should never eject people lol...

What kind of logic
Wrong.

This thread is saying that if you eject people then you need to show the paying public WHY you are ejecting them.

I challenge anyone to tell me that is an unreasonable view.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 02:17 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
Wrong.

This thread is saying that if you eject people then you need to show the paying public WHY you are ejecting them.

I challenge anyone to tell me that is an unreasonable view.
It's unreasonable because the public don't pay to allow a particular HG to be immune from getting expelled. Their save votes are only good for 1 hurdle at a time. Their votes got him over each hurdle he faced, so they got their money's worth. Before they were asked to pay again to get him over the next, he was rightfully tossed out for inappropriate behaviour. His unwillingness to express what he said should be enough for everyone to understand it would do him more harm than good. His "outraged" fans can't blame anyone but the moron himself.
Old 30-10-2018, 03:30 AM #58
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

They've ejected him so that Cameron can win and push their right wing agenda for one final time before Ch5 sell the show to Netflix/Ch4.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 03:42 AM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
They've ejected him so that Cameron can win and push their right wing agenda for one final time before Ch5 sell the show to Netflix/Ch4.
Their right wing agenda? What in God's name are you talking about? Is there anyone who works in television, especially reality television who is right wing? Most of them are homosexuals for starters. They were elated when Courtney Act won over Ann Widdecombe earlier this year.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 03:53 AM #60
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki da View Post
Their right wing agenda? What in God's name are you talking about? Is there anyone who works in television, especially reality television who is right wing? Most of them are homosexuals for starters. They were elated when Courtney Act won over Ann Widdecombe earlier this year.
Ch5 BB has worshipped Housemates with far right wing views such as Katie Hopkins.

Thankfully the public rebelled against those types of Housemates most years, but you do get the odd Jim Davidson victories on this show that disgusts me personally.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 04:08 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Ch5 BB has worshipped Housemates with far right wing views such as Katie Hopkins.

Thankfully the public rebelled against those types of Housemates most years, but you do get the odd Jim Davidson victories on this show that disgusts me personally.
That's two housemates. Hopkins (who is not "far right" btw) was not "worshipped" by anyone and was almost certainly disliked by most of the production team who nevertheless understood her to be a good housemate. Davidson was an old fashioned comedian who made a name for himself in the 70s and 80s when the jokes we find "offensive" today were standard fare. He was probably the last of those older comedians to still be on television in the 90s. He was always likely to be the runaway winner because of the profile he once had and his lack of competition.

How a show that has consistently promoted every fashionable cause of the liberal progressive left over the years can be said to be promoting a right wing agenda is beyond me. The reason they like Cameron as a winner is probably because (1) he's the same age as the show and (2) he's a "journey" housemate who came out as gay during his time in there. The only thing "right wing" about him is that he doesn't like feminism much and admires Winston Churchill.

I would add also that there is evidence that the production team fought to keep Lewis in and that it was Channel 5 who made the decision to kick him out. That rings true to me because of the decisions that have helped Lewis stay in longer than he might otherwise have done up until he said whatever he said.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 07:28 AM #62

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual

:
Quote:
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.

Excellent post, Pro-sniper. You are spot on with every point you make here about Lewis and about bookies.

The only way I differ is that I feel the incident should have been shown, even if words needed to be bleeped out. This view has nothing to do with money or voting for me, but is more to do with the fact that viewers have invested in the series by watching it every night for weeks, and I feel that deserves transparency regarding what happened.

Like you, though, I do agree that it would probably be to Lewis' detriment if the truth was revealed.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 07:32 AM #63
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
If you bet on a wonky donkey you can't really complain when it decides to suddenly bolt head first into the nearest hedge

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 04:31 PM #64

Garfie, I don't disagree that it should've been shown..and If it were up to me it certainly would've been. But I can also see why they decided against it. For what would it do apart from bring unwanted attention to the channel(a channel that has just about ended its association with the franchise), the programme itself(that is now desperate to find a new home), and the ignorant fool who said what he said?

Some things are dealt with behind closed doors for the benefit of all concerned.
Old 30-10-2018, 05:29 PM #65
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
there's such a rare breed like a rightwing homosexual, y'know.
Black sheep of the lgbt family
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 05:59 PM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
:

Excellent post, Pro-sniper. You are spot on with every point you make here about Lewis and about bookies.

The only way I differ is that I feel the incident should have been shown, even if words needed to be bleeped out. This view has nothing to do with money or voting for me, but is more to do with the fact that viewers have invested in the series by watching it every night for weeks, and I feel that deserves transparency regarding what happened.

Like you, though, I do agree that it would probably be to Lewis' detriment if the truth was revealed.
Tbh I feel it is more to his detriment that it isnt revealed, all the wondering and surmising. Many have backed him, surely they would want to know the reason, was it an injustice or not. Who do they blame.

Those who want to stand by him regardless, will, he has to face up to the truth and not have people backstabbing him because they dont know. Myself, I feel he is doing right, he is going out drinking etc. he is thinking positive but maybe he also feels that justice should be done if it is right in what his family are saying. All sorts of stories are being made up. Talk of fixes have been rampant in the series, mostly against Lewis, so did they use him and then abuse him, who knows eh. It is suspicious that they dont say.
Jules82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 06:11 PM #67

Quote:

You do me an injustice I dont think I said everyone, I am old enough, ugly enough and sensible enough to know that not one of us can be liked by everyone. I disagree and think it very unfair that you should label someone whom you do not like and do not know, with so many negative categories as you have done. You are putting yourself up as perfection and not allowing the freedom of speech for any Lewis admirers.

It is a game and in a game one chooses his pieces, my piece left of his own accord through a slip of the tongue, prove differently if you can. Do not use the gallows because of distrust and dislike. You have judged the same as we all do but sometimes judgement comes back on us and then we have to learn how to deal with it. If we are fair then we will get fairly dealt with.

Mmmm maybe we should let Judge Rylan have the last judgement, ah no on second thoughts, he will hang everyone if they are not of like mind to him. He prefers sleazy entertainment....
Old 30-10-2018, 06:24 PM #68

Quote:
That's two housemates. Hopkins (who is not "far right" btw) was not "worshipped" by anyone and was almost certainly disliked by most of the production team who nevertheless understood her to be a good housemate. Davidson was an old fashioned comedian who made a name for himself in the 70s and 80s when the jokes we find "offensive" today were standard fare. He was probably the last of those older comedians to still be on television in the 90s. He was always likely to be the runaway winner because of the profile he once had and his lack of competition.

How a show that has consistently promoted every fashionable cause of the liberal progressive left over the years can be said to be promoting a right wing agenda is beyond me. The reason they like Cameron as a winner is probably because (1) he's the same age as the show and (2) he's a "journey" housemate who came out as gay during his time in there. The only thing "right wing" about him is that he doesn't like feminism much and admires Winston Churchill.

I would add also that there is evidence that the production team fought to keep Lewis in and that it was Channel 5 who made the decision to kick him out. That rings true to me because of the decisions that have helped Lewis stay in longer than he might otherwise have done up until he said whatever he said.
What evidence is there though? Every series if someone is popular with the public the same things are said, I will be honest and say in the past I have thought it as well but what evidence now unless we mean the last episode when they will have used him and then abused him when they didnt need him for the last week.

VTS VTE each of these refer to all HMs, now we will notice that we are voting for our winner. They couldnt make it VTS as the deal was that it would be VTE for the rest of the show. Mmmm so who do they want to win now.

BOTS made it obvious on the show before Lewis went, that the three witches on the panel were dead against him, Hussain shouts out "get Lewis out" was the plot being made or was it coincidence. The cheers were mostly for Akeem. Not often three on one panel so dead against one HM especially after he had had so many cheers from the audience before.

Another forum, they have Akeems family registered there, the organiser puts out that Lewis had walked, this a day or so before he went. Did they know something? Dont forget that Akeem was allowed a public visitor, supposedly the dog, was that questionable? We could go on and on and on and tbh if there is a fix it needs to be sorted right from the beginning. There are so many ways of looking at everything and there is always two sides to every coin.

Akeem would have done better had Lewis stayed because now Cameron is getting the backing from Lewis' fans along with his own and Tomasz and he will most likely win, I hope so tbh as it will make it easier for Lewis it wont have been in vein.

Last edited by Jules82; 30-10-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 30-10-2018, 06:44 PM #69

Good post Jules82. Sorry I can't get the quote to work.
Dinah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lewis, money, paid, people