Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 29-10-2018, 10:35 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
was it a new entry into the scheduling?
I am always interested in this sort of thing, I did watch it with empathy. It was most likely scheduled but it shouldnt have interfered with BB. We have been pushed about too much this series by C5. The name would have been on many peoples minds and may have had an effect on the results. Wrong time, wrong place for indiscretions with a boss man watching. Thus non biased thought is forgotten.

Last edited by Jules82; 29-10-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Jules82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:43 AM #27
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
was it a new entry into the scheduling?
Nah, it was decided weeks ago. My Radio Times had it listed and that was printed 10 days ago
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:17 AM #28

To be honest I don't think Brooke complained. I think the 3 of them had a conversation and Lewis said something inappropriate and Brooke probably highlighted he cant say things like that.
Lewis and Cameron didn't seem concerned about anything when they were chatting in the morning. When Lewis was called to the DR it all seemed matter of fact. Lewis was probably in there for some time..then they are called to the table with no Lewis. They knew something was up. Brookes reaction only told us she suspected that could happen...everyone else knew what had been said because no one questioned what had happened..a natural thing to do if you had no idea anything had been going on but their reaction said it all....were they shocked at the severity of his punishment..I think so...so whatever he said I dont think it was that extreme but it was enough.

Brooke liked Lewis a lot......she was gutted and knowing Brooke that look was her being annoyed with Lewis for getting himself in trouble and she and Cameron lost a good mate.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:26 AM #29
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Who ever complained deserves to be honoured in the Queens New Years Honours List

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:30 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Who ever complained deserves to be honoured in the Queens New Years Honours List
Let's hope that when the award is honored, the Queen let's the sword slip.
Old 29-10-2018, 11:37 AM #31
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Nah, it was decided weeks ago. My Radio Times had it listed and that was printed 10 days ago
oh well then we wonder no more

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:39 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

I don’t think she complained exactly, but she probably did tell him that whatever he said was inappropriate.
Old 29-10-2018, 11:43 AM #33
0_o

0_o

They didn't seem shocked at all really. Just trying to put myself in that situation and like..if someone had been kicked out for a borderline comment or bad taste joke..I am fairly confident I would say that thats bull**** or something.

I guess the housemates could be aware that Lewis had had a **** load of warnings previously about such things though. Which I imagine to be the case..and we know BB give silly amounts of warnings, didn't Helen get like 30?!

Its all too hush hush for my liking. But I do think its something thats quite bad tbh. Partially because Lewis keeps pushing this 'slip of the tongue' angle. Or misuse of phrases. That really really does not sound like he just 'accidentally' said Auschwitz instead of outfits, which is quite a silly explanation fullstop. I think the production team are actually protecting Lewis by not showing it. And I think Lewis is refusing to say what he actually said because he knows it was bad, not an accident.

I do think BB do NDA type things though, as I remember Raph saying he could not say why Arthur had been removed (though the official story was he walked of course). They also go a long way to covering up stuff they want covered up...broken record here, but the way they went about the crap in the freezer thing was insane. I do think its because of the ofcom dickhead complainers though. I don't understand at all why BB gets endless complaints (and listens to them too..havent they only actually been found to be in the wrong once, with the nikki thing?) when the likes of Geordie Shore are a hell of a lot worse and don't have to preface every damn segment with warnings.

Annoying as ****. I hope if another channel picks it up then they will be more upfront and ignore the complaints.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:45 AM #34
0_o

0_o

As for the seemingly random 'you could win' convo..I have a feeling that Lewis had been pulled into the DR earlier in the day and that was what brought about that convo (e had told Cameron that he was maybe being chucked). And also why he had his 'apology' prepared already. I think that they had told him that there was a big chance he could be chucked for it, and that he had to start thinking of damage control

I think it could have been Cameron, rather than Brooke, who 'complained' though not complained as in demanded removal, but pointed out that you just cant say stuff like that and possibly brought even more attention on it all than there would have been otherwise. Brooke obviously knew that it was way over the line too. Camerons reaction was..a bit odd to say the least, going on as if Lewis had just dropped down dead infront of him or something. And the 'I just want to know that hes okkkkkkkkk' whine too. Very strange behaviour.

Either way, the show improved almost instantly. Once Cameron stopped going on as if Lewis had died, I found myself liking him again too, and I think a week where the housemates are largely positive will be a nice end to the series. If Lewis was still there, it would be endless doom and gloom and paranoia, like the rest of the show. Seems we are going to actually see the other housemates now too.

The only one I would be pissed off with winning at this stage is Zoe. I kind of like the others, though my ideal top 2 I think is Akeem (though annoying last night) and Cameron, which it looks like it would be anyway.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:00 PM #35
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
If you are going to play victim because I hold different opinions to you there is nothing more to discuss Joey
Thank all powers to be for that.

Just moan at everyone else speculating not just me.

Not playing the victim at all however just not putting up with being singled out when others on the same thread are speculating too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:02 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
I'm not just basing this on her reaction to the ejection

At the beginning of last nights highlights, we saw Cameron tell Lewis "I don't see any reason why you can't win.". Now this took place the morning after the offensive incident so clearly Cameron didn't think it was anything major.

It is almost as if BB put this conversation in as a hint that Cameron wasn't bothered but Brooke was.
Oh for GODS SAKE. only someone who hates Brooke would say that. Lewis got himself expelled by something HE SAID OR DID.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:05 PM #37
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I don't think Brooke did anything to help Lewis get ejected at all but I also don't think she was surprised he got ejected for what he said either. And I'm pretty certain it was more than a slip up of the word outfits that is being put around.

At the end of the day Lewis said something that was unacceptable to the show's producers and he did that all by himself. Looking for someone to blame seems very unfair on Brooke in my view.
I agree even if Brooke did complain she never got Lewis ejected, lewis himself did so blaming others is silly when it’s only his fault and the victim has the right to complain.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:19 PM #38
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

BB very rarely acts on anything within the house unless a house mate complains. That's been true throughout the Channel 5 era. The moment a house mate complains, if there is any possible doubt, the person will be ejected. No-one knows for sure if it was Brooke that complained, but it seems highly likely from what we have seen.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:31 PM #39
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Probably bull**** but the latest from DS

Quote:
Just a person who said that they know someone who works for the BB team. So no hard evidence here. Just passing on what they told me. I obviously don't know whether it's true or not.

OK. They said it wasn't true that Lewis accidentally said 'Auschwitz' instead of 'outfits' when talking to Cameron. (Although the Auschwitz/outfits thing is somewhat relevant to was actually happened.)

According to this person, Cameron and Lewis were talking about the prison task, and how Sian and Zoe's behaviour changed when they were wearing the Prison Officer 'outfits'. And, during that conversation, Lewis said "It was like being in ******ing Auschwitz".

I did not like Lewis. But, if that is true, I do feel he has been harshly treated.

A lot of people say things like that every day, with no malice intended at all.
I think it was much more than that and it doesn't really go with the whole slipping of the tongue thing.

Last edited by Jase.; 29-10-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:00 PM #40

Without knowing why he was evicted leads to lots of speculating and a lot of negativity. Lewis needs to be allowed to defend himself, publicly...….plus im also a nosey bugger.
south12345 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:04 PM #41

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Well lets face it,it was the only way to leave the way clear for any other faves to win,we know he wasn't evicted so the public still like him, I'm ok with that as Cameron can get that crown now.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:08 PM #42
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Well lets face it,it was the only way to leave the way clear for any other faves to win,we know he wasn't evicted so the public still like him, I'm ok with that as Cameron can get that crown now.
Cameron will see Lewis soon. There's no reason why they can't be friends on the outside.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:16 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Cameron will see Lewis soon. There's no reason why they can't be friends on the outside.
Did you see his homecoming ? amazing

Old 29-10-2018, 01:22 PM #44

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

I think all these conspiracy theories and attempts to blame another housemate for the ejection of Lewis suggests his paranoia has had an impact, and now even viewers are trying to look for what's not there.

In the house Lewis was repeatedly unable to take responsibility for his own words and behaviour, and people here seem to want to follow his example by finding excuses for him. Why do so many feel unable or unwilling to let a man who is almost 30 take responsibility for his own actions?

The fact is, Lewis said something offensive and unacceptable that was deemed bad enough for him to be removed from the house. This was Lewis' fault and nobody else's.

And so many tasks and events were being skewed in his favour before his ejection, so why would the decision be made to eject him unless what he said was so bad that they had no choice.

The only thing to be suspicious about, in my view, is the fact that not only has the event itself been cut, but so has any discussion between housemates about it which would, without doubt, have occurred. It also seems Tomasz has been silenced - he was no fan of Lewis so it would seem likely he might have said something about him had he been allowed to. And I feel almost certain nothing will be revealed by other housemates either.

This reeks to me of lawyers being involved and, as someone else in this thread said, an attempt to protect Lewis. Lewis referred to a slip of the tongue but then apologised for 'words' in the plural and 'phrases', which suggests he didn't just say Auschwitz rather than outfits, but a little bit more than that. My belief is that if the truth ever did come out, it might be very hard for Lewis to defend himself. Hence the cover up.

Last edited by Garfie; 29-10-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:29 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by south12345 View Post
Without knowing why he was evicted leads to lots of speculating and a lot of negativity. Lewis needs to be allowed to defend himself, publicly...….plus im also a nosey bugger.
Oh I love this last comment.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:46 PM #46
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I think all these conspiracy theories and attempts to blame another housemate for the ejection of Lewis suggests his paranoia has had an impact, and now even viewers are trying to look for what's not there.

In the house Lewis was repeatedly unable to take responsibility for his own words and behaviour, and people here seem to want to follow his example by finding excuses for him. Why do so many feel unable or unwilling to let a man who is almost 30 take responsibility for his own actions?

The fact is, Lewis said something offensive and unacceptable that was deemed bad enough for him to be removed from the house. This was Lewis' fault and nobody else's.

And so many tasks and events were being skewed in his favour before his ejection, so why would the decision be made to eject him unless what he said was so bad that they had no choice.

The only thing to be suspicious about, in my view, is the fact that not only has the event itself been cut, but so has any discussion between housemates about it which would, without doubt, have occurred. It also seems Tomasz has been silenced - he was no fan of Lewis so it would seem likely he might have said something about him had he been allowed to. And I feel almost certain nothing will be revealed by other housemates either.

This reeks to me of lawyers being involved and, as someone else in this thread said, an attempt to protect Lewis. Lewis referred to a slip of the tongue but then apologised for 'words' in the plural and 'phrases', which suggests he didn't just say Auschwitz rather than outfits, but a little bit more than that. My belief is that if the truth ever did come out, it might be very hard for Lewis to defend himself. Hence the cover up.
Excellent post, Garfie.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 02:30 PM #47
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

None of these supposed reasons equate to an ejection reason for me. Naming a concentration camp is not unacceptable language last time I checked. They were places in history. They still appear on maps, they still appear in books, TV programs still reference them. So, while people are free to speculate on the reasons, I just don't buy it
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 02:36 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Let's hope that when the award is honored, the Queen let's the sword slip.

Old 29-10-2018, 02:46 PM #49
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
To be honest I don't think Brooke complained. I think the 3 of them had a conversation and Lewis said something inappropriate and Brooke probably highlighted he cant say things like that.
Lewis and Cameron didn't seem concerned about anything when they were chatting in the morning. When Lewis was called to the DR it all seemed matter of fact. Lewis was probably in there for some time..then they are called to the table with no Lewis. They knew something was up. Brookes reaction only told us she suspected that could happen...everyone else knew what had been said because no one questioned what had happened..a natural thing to do if you had no idea anything had been going on but their reaction said it all....were they shocked at the severity of his punishment..I think so...so whatever he said I dont think it was that extreme but it was enough.

Brooke liked Lewis a lot......she was gutted and knowing Brooke that look was her being annoyed with Lewis for getting himself in trouble and she and Cameron lost a good mate.
Im sure they were told not to mention what he said ... Its pathetic .....BB is shown after the watershed, no matter what he said ,it should have been shown
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 03:01 PM #50

The argument was cut. Between Lewis cameron and brooke after because stuff that was appalling . They were called in and told bb they didn't agree with it and he was out of order. The rest you know
It was covered up.
Clown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brooke, complaint, convinced, ejected, lewis