Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 13-03-2019, 08:56 PM #26
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Anyone who liked Lewis F needs banning
Begging to differ again my love
Old 13-03-2019, 08:56 PM #27
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat. View Post
it was boring as fook there was no stand out arguments, no hilarious arguments / outburts, no funny diary room entries, literally ****E ALL, and the worst boot order, ah almost gave up watching ha
I think u forgot about Zoeh “am fookin fuuuminnnnnn” xx
Old 13-03-2019, 08:57 PM #28
ah™

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
ah™

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie. View Post
I think u forgot about Zoeh “am fookin fuuuminnnnnn” xx
sis you literally just proved my point ah don't even know the argument your talking about

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 08:58 PM #29
ah™

Favourites:
ah™

Favourites:

unless it was that one where zoe fought for lewis f while he watched and laughed, and if that's the case ah don't even know what the argument was about, who she was arguing with or any quotes, the onleh thing ah remember was lewis being a dick for not stopping zoe

Old 13-03-2019, 08:58 PM #30
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm NOT being funny, but actually why? There are plenty of reasons why I think it's one of the best series (explained below); not just me, but most people who watched it on thought it was the best Big Brother in years.

Format:
Let's get this one out of the way first. Probably one of the main reasons why it's recognised as one of the best in years is because it had an actual FORMAT (something everyone has been crying out for for years.) Not only did it go back to the traditional way (noms every Monday, noms reveal every Tuesday), it also introduced us to a new format: Big Coins and The Gamechanger. For me, this helped the series not become boring, as I knew what was happening on that night and would look forward to it, for example on Sunday nights, I'd get excited to see what would be included in the auction, and on Wednesdays I'd look forward to see who would win and save themselves from eviction.

Tasks:
Not much to say here, as everyone generally agrees that the tasks in BB19 were the best in YEARS. Some tasks I'd even go as far to say were some of the best ever, mainly looking at the China task.

Cast:
Sorry but this cast was AMAZING. However, after the 7 previous series on C5, I can sort of understand why the cast seemed quite weak. The truth is, imo, the "entertaining casts" of previous C5 series were not all that great. It was producer influence that caused some of your favourite moments and arguments, NOT purely because of the cast. For example, Fight Night 3 in BB18. Had producers not ****-stirred with that task, there would've likely been no argument that night. Not to mention all of the Z listers in that series, who knew exactly what they were doing when playing up to the camera. That's fake. And I don't watch Big Brother to see fake people, I want to watch real people. I have no doubt in my mind that if BB19 had the production of other C5 series, then it would have all of these "iconic moments" that you all love. It was all natural, and still ended up with a few arguments over the course of the series, and tension throughout. Here's a few quick examples:
Anamelia:A very entertaining HM, dominated the HL shows in the first week, although maybe its a good thing that she went as it would've quickly became the Anamelia series?
Lewis G:Not liked on here know, but a pretty harmless HM that gave us some content for week two. A wind-up-merchant yes, but give me that over someone who does nothing.
Kenaley:Not the most prominent HM, but really popped up when she was arguing. Underrated IMO
Isabella and Hussain: The two late entries of the series, I think they were perfect timing. Isabella a hugely underrated scream who also changed the dynamcics between Zoe and Cian, and was the flame in Lewis F and Hussain's feud. Hussain, another wind-up-merchant who was harmless, also provided content for the two weeks he was there. Again, give me that over someone who does nothing anyday
Lewis F:Probably the most controversial HM of the series, but I loved him. A real nutcase who was an absolute freak in the house and made every other HM go mentally insane. No, I wouldn't like to live with him as I mentally couldn't handle living with someone who drove ou mad, but for me it was great TV viewing and was upset when he was removed. Although if you didn't like him, I guess you could say being removed was his karma for making people have mental breakdowns </3
Tomasz:Everyone pretty much agrees on Tomasz, such a unique HM
Sian:Yes. I KNOW I sound like a hypocrite for saying I dont like HM's who do nothing, which is what many think of Sian. However, the bits we did see of her, I LOVED. So I thought she was a. good HM
Special mentions to Zoe and Cameron as well.

TL;DR
I LOVED BB19 for all different reasons and so do most people who watched it.
SO why does TiBB dislike it so much?
13 had zero manipulation from the producers- the cast were fantastic and brought natural drama themselves without any producers interfering

17's cast is recognised on here as being BB17's strong point. The cast is what made that series, no influence from producers. Production was ****

18 only had fight night 3 and that's it- the cast was also strong
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 09:00 PM #31
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Ok

Format:
While I can see the appeal of watching each night looking forward to the new game changer night whether it be a saving game, a big coin task, actual eviction, etc. I felt for a full on civilian series it got way too formulaic and repetitive and it didn't feel like a basic Big Brother anymore, which was one of my biggest problems; a problem that's kind of plagued the show since 2016.

Housemates:
Most of these I personally did not care for or were full-on terrible. Both Lewises hugely oversaturated and dragged down any kind of balanced dynamic (my usual issue with these OTT 'big characters' the producers insist on forcing), Hussain and Cameron could be okay but I couldn't with their weird **** regarding the obvious jealousy they both had that dragged them down, and Isabella just lusted after a dick because he had a dick. Isaac was lackluster, and pretty much all of the female cast bar Anamélia and Kay were either forgettable (Ellis, Kenaley, Sîan, Brooke) or downright terrible (Zoe)
Well THANK YOU for an answer to the question Epic, and for the format point I would argue that a basic Big Brother may not work nowadays. Possibly, but I’m not sure they would’ve wanted to take the risk with the contract renewal etc (they would’ve planned how the series would be before the cancellation)
As for the Housemate point, I just think it’s a plain case of we like different types of HM’s. Appreciate your response though
Old 13-03-2019, 09:01 PM #32
ah™

Favourites:
ah™

Favourites:

ah still don't get why people call 15 so toxic and hard to watch when 13 is just as bad if not worse, ah get 13 had a 'happy ending' but luke a said some awful stuff, literally maybe 1 or 2 of the cast were actually likeable (sara and benedict)

Last edited by brat.; 13-03-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 13-03-2019, 09:01 PM #33
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
unless it was that one where zoe fought for lewis f while he watched and laughed, and if that's the case ah don't even know what the argument was about, who she was arguing with or any quotes, the onleh thing ah remember was lewis being a dick for not stopping zoe
Yes that one my love
As YOU SAID you didn’t have much interest so maybe you just watch close enough and that’s why you don’t remember the argument in detail darling x
Old 13-03-2019, 09:05 PM #34
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
13 had zero manipulation from the producers- the cast were fantastic and brought natural drama themselves without any producers interfering

17's cast is recognised on here as being BB17's strong point. The cast is what made that series, no influence from producers. Production was ****

18 only had fight night 3 and that's it- the cast was also strong
Is this a joke my love
Yes BB13 was mostly natural BUT it did have some interference. I remember some Diary Doom convos being played back :Nono:

BB17 was fake af. “Cast had no influence from producers” babes nearly every task was designed to make them argue

BB18 - again conversations played back lots of times- not purely the cast
Old 13-03-2019, 09:08 PM #35

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Quote:
ah still don't get why people call 15 so toxic and hard to watch when 13 is just as bad if not worse, ah get 13 had a 'happy ending' but luke a said some awful stuff, literally maybe 1 or 2 of the cast were actually likeable (sara and benedict)
Bc it was boring and bb13 was exciting to watch
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 09:36 PM #36
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Is this a joke my love
Yes BB13 was mostly natural BUT it did have some interference. I remember some Diary Doom convos being played back :Nono:

BB17 was fake af. “Cast had no influence from producers” babes nearly every task was designed to make them argue

BB18 - again conversations played back lots of times- not purely the cast
No it's not a joke love

You said that the previous series had ''producer influence that caused some of your favourite moments and arguments''

13 had zero interferences from producers that caused its iconic moments and arguments. Name me 5 diary room convos being played back

Erm, Most of 17's arguments were natural fyi, from Ryan and Jayne arguing with Natalie all the way to Hughie and Jason's row near the end. You are correct that the producers would try to engineer arguments between the housemates, but would rarely succeed. I challenge you to name me 5 arguments that were designed to cause conflict from the producers that succeeded

Again, Conversations were played, yes that was the case. But most of them rarely worked apart from fight night 3. Most of the drama was natural between the housemates. There was several arguments between the housemates themselves without producers interfering E.G. Chanelle vs Kayleigh, Joe vs Rebecca, Sukhvinder vs Kayleigh etc

Last edited by Tony Montana; 13-03-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 13-03-2019, 09:47 PM #37
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Because 13 was a very compelling and highly engaging and entertaining series from start to finish, whereas 15 was an extremely draining train wreck of a series. 15 had potential to surpass 13 and be the best on C5, but it just fell flat. The theme looked brilliant and much more interesting than secrets and lies, but it was executed poorly. It had producer manipulation, too much twists, outside contact, **** stirring tasks and arguably the worst twist in BB history with the Pass to the final.

13 is the complete antithesis to 15, It has a good cast, a gripping storyline, arguably the best divide and ''good v evil'' storyline there's even been on BB, amazing production and awesome tasks and zero outside contact. It only has two major flaws- The editing and the White room twist. Other than that, it's perfect and a darkhorse contender for the best series ever.

It's C5's answer to BB6 and the closest a C5 series comes to being up there with C4 BB
Old 13-03-2019, 10:48 PM #38

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oops I didn’t mean on here otherwise the thread title would just NOT make sense

I meant like casual viewers and on Twitter
Twitter thinks Courtney act is the best housemate of all time don’t listen to the locals
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 10:48 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
15 didn’t have Deana Lydia and Sara
Old 13-03-2019, 10:51 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

What’s sian Hamshaw up to lately? Our Barnsley queen
Old 13-03-2019, 11:05 PM #41
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No it's not a joke love

You said that the previous series had ''producer influence that caused some of your favourite moments and arguments''

13 had zero interferences from producers that caused its iconic moments and arguments. Name me 5 diary room convos being played back

Erm, Most of 17's arguments were natural fyi, from Ryan and Jayne arguing with Natalie all the way to Hughie and Jason's row near the end. You are correct that the producers would try to engineer arguments between the housemates, but would rarely succeed. I challenge you to name me 5 arguments that were designed to cause conflict from the producers that succeeded

Again, Conversations were played, yes that was the case. But most of them rarely worked apart from fight night 3. Most of the drama was natural between the housemates. There was several arguments between the housemates themselves without producers interfering E.G. Chanelle vs Kayleigh, Joe vs Rebecca, Sukhvinder vs Kayleigh etc
Oops someone’s bloody passionate aren’t they!
Not you ignoring a complete paragraph about the casts being fake as they were Z list celebs x

And get your bloody capital letters sorted out love!
Old 13-03-2019, 11:05 PM #42
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Being iconic?
Old 13-03-2019, 11:07 PM #43
ah™

Favourites:
ah™

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
sis started a PT today! staying skinneh awoo

Old 13-03-2019, 11:16 PM #44
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oops someone’s bloody passionate aren’t they!
Not you ignoring a complete paragraph about the casts being fake as they were Z list celebs x

And get your bloody capital letters sorted out love!
Nice try deflecting my questions- it still stands. Either answer them or don’t bother replying to me
Old 13-03-2019, 11:18 PM #45
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nice try deflecting my questions- it still stands. Either answer them or don’t bother replying to me
Respond to all my points first instead of picking and choosing then I’ll answer yours matey
Old 13-03-2019, 11:18 PM #46
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Respond to all my points first instead of picking and choosing then I’ll answer yours matey
Can you not read? I already did
Old 13-03-2019, 11:32 PM #47
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Can you not read? I already did
No I cant I’m blind, I use an app to read text out aloud for me
If that’s okay with you or should I stop that aswell?
Old 13-03-2019, 11:36 PM #48
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No I cant I’m blind, I use an app to read text out aloud for me
If that’s okay with you or should I stop that aswell?
How long did it take you to come up with that comeback?

Like I said, if you're not gonna answer my questions, then there is no point for this discussion to go on any further.
Old 13-03-2019, 11:37 PM #49

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Wow ppl are really pressed over BB19? (Or BB in general)
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 07:35 AM #50
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How long did it take you to come up with that comeback?

Like I said, if you're not gonna answer my questions, then there is no point for this discussion to go on any further.
You haven’t even asked any questions my love sksjs

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb19, disliked