Notices

Celebrity Big Brother series 1 - 22 Forums for the previous series of Celebrity BB UK (2001 - Summer 2018).

Old 22-04-2019, 07:26 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Tbh cbb20 had the most letdown housemates. All of trisha, Brandi, Sandi and Helen could’ve been amazing but they did fook all

Last edited by Elliot; 22-04-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 07:27 PM #27
ah™

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
ah™

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Tbh cbb20 had the most letdown housemates. All of trisha, Brandi, Sandi and Helen could’ve been amazing but they did fook all
yes they bloody did

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 07:30 PM #28
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
This would be mine except i'd do a different order of 18 --> 21 --> 20 --> 8 --> 11 with 8 & 11 being interchangeable for me
I put 8 2nd because at least 20 had a few arguments and the messy showmance between Chad and Sarah, and 21 had that messy first week with India. 8 had zero conflict at all and had to rely on a love triangle showmance. It extremely boring.

I can't even rewatch that crap.
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 07:31 PM #29
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat. View Post
at least 20 we had the mess of saz and chad, and the few days of trish, cbb21 was the most boring series of bb i've ever watched
Have you seen CBB8? Because that's even more boring than CBB21.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:31 PM #30
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Brandi was good tho.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:33 PM #31
A great thief

A great thief

Brandi & Jem deserve better than being first out
Old 22-04-2019, 07:33 PM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Brandi was good tho.
She didn’t do anything in the first 3 weeks iirc? Then she had that one argument with Sandi n that was it!
Old 22-04-2019, 07:36 PM #33
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She didn’t do anything in the first 3 weeks iirc? Then she had that one argument with Sandi n that was it!
That episode was iconic! She still did more than the others.
Old 23-04-2019, 10:14 AM #34
-

-

14th place will hopefully be up at some point today!
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 09:04 PM #35
-

-

No surprises in regards to this one, I’m sure... BOOM!

14th Place: Celebrity Big Brother 18 (2016)

2016 was shaping up to be a great year for Big Brother. The first celebrity edition in the winter showcased just how the series could still be a talking point amongst the nation, whilst the 17th civilian series proved to be a (somewhat) return to form, mainly due to its excellent cast (for the most part). Expectations for CBB18 were as they had been for every summer series preceding it; nowhere near as high as the standard January series, but high enough.

Oh boy, were we wrong. You’d have thought that producers (or those in charge of casting) had remembered what had happened the last time they’d allowed a bullying tyrant to take centre stage of a series; Helen Wood won BB15 and the taste left in the majority of the mouths of Big Brother fans had been sour. Here we were again, history repeating itself.

A series like BB15 was somewhat excusable, mainly due to rootable cast members being a distraction from Helen. Ashleigh, Danielle, Mark, Christopher, Toya and so on all proved to be provide a decent amount of talking points away from Miss Wood stomping around the place. CBB18 didn’t really have the same factor. Sure, Renee wasn’t bad, and Saira had a short but fulfilling enough stay, but the problem was that the majority of the cast were either (nearly) as grotesque as Bear (see Marnie, Lewis, Heavy D, Chloe Khan) or they were so wound up by Bear that they ended up playing into his hands and giving them what he craved most; attention. And I’m not blaming them, I want to make sure that’s clear. I’d be in exactly the same frame as mind as Ricky/Renee/Aubrey etc. But that doesn’t mean that it makes for a good series, and it didn’t. What you were left with were hour upon hour episodes of round the clock winding up by Bear (and sometimes company) followed by Renee, Ricky and Aubrey seething. Hardly sounds thrilling for one episode, let alone 30 or so. And again, Bear was rewarded for his behaviour, so it’s not like you can even say “well, at least good overcame evil in the end”. Because it didn’t. Compare this series to, say, series 20, and it’s the complete opposite. There was plenty going on but none of it made for pleasurable viewing.

I think CBB18 may have been the first series I gave up watching a week or so before the final. It says a lot about a series when who you assume to be the most rootable housemate in Biggins turns out to be a biophobic nazi.

Nominated: CBB8 | CBB9 | CBB10 | CBB11 | CBB12 | CBB13 | CBB14 | CBB15 | CBB16 | CBB17 | CBB19 | CBB21 | CBB22

Evicted: CBB20 | CBB18
Old 23-04-2019, 09:07 PM #36
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Still annoys me that BB17's length was cut down for this crap
Old 23-04-2019, 09:07 PM #37
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Truly an abysmal series. One that I could never rewatch even if you paid me.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:23 PM #38

Amazing write-up on what I think might be the worst series of any show period. You're lucky you quit a week or so before the final because the longer CBB18 was watched, the more rage it has. As it continued, it's seen less as a daily wind-up of people from the worst clique in the show, and more as psychological torment on innocent people stuck in an asylum where their only solidarity is a paycheck.

A character like Bear (and I use the term character by its absolute definition) often gets compared to the likes of other housemates cast to wind up others such as Helen, Marc, Lewis G, Lewis F, Maxwell, etc, but for all of those, they had rivalries where one or more people could set them straight on numerous occasions and leave them raging just as much. I still dislike all of those housemates but the damage they leave is repelled once you see nasty people like them get a taste of their own medicine, which rarely happened to him, which is why I think he's way worse and still my least favorite person to ever be on the show.

And even if you don't count him at all, there's really nothing to salvage from CBB18. Like you said, there were so many unlikable people. It says a lot about how bad a cast is when someone like Heavy D wouldn't even be in my bottom 5 of them . The storylines were equally repetitive and nauseating. With the exception of Saira's intriguing love/hate relationship with everyone, there was Heavy D being a **** for a week, Lewis and Marnie's staged and pretentious relationship, Katie Waissel looking for attention in her last few days, and the rest was the filler from that nasally-voiced serial cheating cretin. Terrible series and a big reason to why the show got axed.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 09:25 PM #39
ah™

Favourites:
ah™

Favourites:

y'all are so dramatic

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 02:39 AM #40
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

I hope Steve Carson’s dressing room season is top 3

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 02:51 AM #41
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

I mean 18 should be at the bottom of any list. I agree 20 was dull, but it was watchable. 18 was the earliest I have EVER quit a series of BB (Saira's eviction.) I could just tell what direction the series was going in. There were too many twats left for the series to have any form of happy ending, even if they did some stupid triple eviction and the unbearable support for the eventual winner online and on here was utterly nauseating. I didn't think any series would top Channel 5's first CBB as the worst ever, but bloody hell did it do it and by a million miles.

Last edited by Rob!; 24-04-2019 at 02:52 AM.
Rob! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:44 AM #42
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
I mean 18 should be at the bottom of any list. I agree 20 was dull, but it was watchable. 18 was the earliest I have EVER quit a series of BB (Saira's eviction.) I could just tell what direction the series was going in. There were too many twats left for the series to have any form of happy ending, even if they did some stupid triple eviction and the unbearable support for the eventual winner online and on here was utterly nauseating. I didn't think any series would top Channel 5's first CBB as the worst ever, but bloody hell did it do it and by a million miles.
I don’t think either series were really watchable. 18 was horrendous in terms of what was going on, whilst 20 had literally nothing going on. There’s not a lot in it.
Old 29-04-2019, 07:18 PM #43
-

-

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing..

13th Place: Celebrity Big Brother 8 (2011)

I can actually remember 2011 relatively well. 15 years of age, my favourite reality tv show (in fact, probably the only reality tv show I loved at the time) had been off air for a while. UBB seemed like a distant memory.

Then, the rumour mill really started to get going. Talks of Channel 5 buying the show hit and I couldn’t have been more excited. 24/7 live feed, the “biggest brother ever” and most importantly, the return of the show had all been promised in some form. It was finally announced, and it was all going to begin with a series of CBB to kick things off. I believe I joined here just before the launch and the entire forum was a buzz.

I’ll admit, I loved CBB8 at the time. Not for any reason in particular, I would have fawned over any season that was put out. Candy had been taken away and was being given back (although retrospectively, it was candy which had since rolled under the sofa). I was blindly enjoying what I would eventually realise to be garbage.

The terrible editing (and I mean really terrible) seemed “fresh” and “new” at the time, the woeful production (3 evictions with a 7 person final?!) went over my head and the awful housemate selection (Bobby Sabel? Darren Lyons? That Lucian bloke?) seemed captivating. No storylines of note, a focus on showmances/abs/Amy Childs in a bikini and a really awful boot order didn’t seem to matter. Fact is, I was just happy to have the show back, no matter what form it came in.

I’ve since come to realise that CBB8 was awful, and went on to set us up for some very shoddy series of the show indeed. For shame, producers... for shame.

Nominated: CBB9 | CBB10 | CBB11 | CBB12 | CBB13 | CBB14 | CBB15 | CBB16 | CBB17 | CBB19 | CBB21 | CBB22

Evicted: CBB20 | CBB18 | CBB8
Old 29-04-2019, 10:53 PM #44
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Amazing write-up on what I think might be the worst series of any show period. You're lucky you quit a week or so before the final because the longer CBB18 was watched, the more rage it has. As it continued, it's seen less as a daily wind-up of people from the worst clique in the show, and more as psychological torment on innocent people stuck in an asylum where their only solidarity is a paycheck.
i-

Quote:
A character like Bear (and I use the term character by its absolute definition) often gets compared to the likes of other housemates cast to wind up others such as Helen, Marc, Lewis G, Lewis F, Maxwell, etc, but for all of those, they had rivalries where one or more people could set them straight on numerous occasions and leave them raging just as much. I still dislike all of those housemates but the damage they leave is repelled once you see nasty people like them get a taste of their own medicine, which rarely happened to him, which is why I think he's way worse and still my least favorite person to ever be on the show.
He practically always got the abuse hurled back at him, many times worse than whatever it was he was actually doing or saying to that person

Quote:
And even if you don't count him at all, there's really nothing to salvage from CBB18. Like you said, there were so many unlikable people. It says a lot about how bad a cast is when someone like Heavy D wouldn't even be in my bottom 5 of them . The storylines were equally repetitive and nauseating. With the exception of Saira's intriguing love/hate relationship with everyone, there was Heavy D being a **** for a week, Lewis and Marnie's staged and pretentious relationship, Katie Waissel looking for attention in her last few days, and the rest was the filler from that nasally-voiced serial cheating cretin. Terrible series and a big reason to why the show got axed.
The season was extremely entertaining, dramatic, explosive... in large part thanks to Bear
Old 06-05-2019, 07:13 PM #45
-

-

Slightly better than what we’ve seen so far, but only just..

12th Place: Celebrity Big Brother 11 (2013)

We’ve now reached what I consider to be the “not awful, but pretty below average range” of CBB series. And boy, do we have a long way to go.

I don’t believe I’ve watched anything from CBB11 since its inception. Not even clips on Youtube; I’m sure that there’s a 6 minute long “Paula Hamilton - Best Bits” clip floating around somewhere (and if there is, I’d appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction), but nothing about this 23 day long series entices me to go back. And why would it?

2013s first edition of the show is known for one thing and one thing only: Spiedi vs pretty much everyone else. If, like me, you’d had no real interest in such matter, this series was always going to bring a multitude of eye rolls.

Spiedi vs Rylan, Spiedi vs Clare from Steps, Spiedi vs Razor Ruddock.. I’m sure you get the idea. It was always only going to be a matter of time before the pair wore thin, and once the novelty had worn off, you were left with a pair of self-consumed morons who in reality squirmed and whimpered at the first sign of actual confrontation. They were fine acting up in the diary room and controlled situations, but the second there was a genuine kick off, they were crying for security to step in. It’s also worth baring in mind that these two brought the only real talking points of the series because pretty much everyone else were so bloody boring.

Gillian? Tricia? Toadie? Sam? Lacey? Need I go on? Paula showed promise but she was out as quick as she was in. It doesn’t help that we also had the most obvious winner since Pete in BB7.

Nominated: CBB9 | CBB10 | CBB12 | CBB13 | CBB14 | CBB15 | CBB16 | CBB17 | CBB19 | CBB21 | CBB22

Evicted: CBB20 | CBB18 | CBB8 | CBB11
Old 02-06-2019, 07:46 AM #46
-

-

A well intended message can only get you so far..

11th Place: Celebrity Big Brother 21 (2018)

I actually feel pretty bad for ranking this series so low on the list. After years of manipulation from production, screaming matches between housemates (see CBB16) and some pretty awful cases of blatant sexism, Celebrity Big Brother 21 promised to be different. This was, the year of the women.

And at first, they genuinely delivered. The cast was varied. The topics being discussed were interesting. There wasn’t a “who said this about who” task to be seen. CBB21 felt clean.

India was arguably the biggest talking point of the series and, low and behold, as soon as she was evicted the series came to a pretty fast halt. The discussions about transgender issues were interesting (if not a little uncomfortable) and India had brought a nice slice of drama to the table (just enough to not be draining). So when she was evicted, it was a case of “ok, so what exactly is it I’m watching now?”.

We were left with Ann being a bit of a close minded dick (a shock), Ashley and Genuwine giving us the standard boring showmance, the odd discussion about women’s rights etc.. Shane J/Courtney and Andrew’s relationship was nice to watch and the wonderful Amanda and Wayne provided us with quick dashes of humour between the dull parts. But that’s about it, really.

My other issue with this series is the lack of ability from the producers to keep with the empowering theme. “Year of the women” soon turned into “men vs women”, with absolute awfulness like “can women change a tyre quicker??!”. Really? That’s the best you could come up with?

I liked CBB21 and I liked what the intention was. But I think that this series proved that to make a great series you have to have the right balance between interesting housemates/discussions and a good amount of drama (the latter of which CBB21 was lacking in).

Nominated: CBB9 | CBB10 | CBB12 | CBB13 | CBB14 | CBB15 | CBB16 | CBB17 | CBB19 | CBB22

Evicted: CBB20 | CBB18 | CBB8 | CBB11 | CBB21
Old 02-06-2019, 03:13 PM #47
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

I think even if India had stayed, CBB21 would've been a mediocre series. Drama revolving around the same housemate gets boring really quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Old 02-06-2019, 03:19 PM #48
-

-

The rest of the Rankdown gets a lot tougher from now on

Last edited by Jake.; 02-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:09 AM #49

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

CBB20 was better than 8, 11, 18 and 21 for me.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:57 AM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Imo cbb21 had a pretty decent cast on paper. India, Amanda, Rachel, Jess and Wayne all had potential. After India left nobody was provoked or being put on the spot or anything and we were left to the painful attempt at an Austin and James by Andrew and Shane, and Ann just being all round boring. India could’ve been the catalyst for something greater, the same way Perez and Katie Hopkins brought out every other housemate that series.

Last edited by Elliot; 04-06-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb, channel 5, era, rankdown