Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 16-11-2019, 02:42 AM #201
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Also

Like...... how ****ing tone deaf to think anyone wanted to hear his perspective?!?!?! **** Jeff Varner turning this into making *himself* a victim by being ~edited as someone he isn't~ when he was edited favorably up until he outed Zeke. I could, and I have, go on and on and on about how he's complete narcissistic scum, but you would think he would have enough self-awareness to recognize that no ****ing person wants to hear HIS point of view on this issue. AND THEN he absolves Dan with the most asinine ****ing take imaginable ("I didn't see sexual harassment, I saw space invasion" ), brings it all back to himself, and doesn't even mention Kellee by name

And YES I remember how of all of y'all posted after the Game Changers episode about how you sympathize with JEFF and feel bad for him so here you ****ing go.
Old 17-11-2019, 12:22 PM #202

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Shut up Varner. You're the only person to play Survivor 3 times and never make the jury. No one cares about you.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 04:44 AM #203
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Missed this then went on vacation for a few days but all caught up on this mess of a merge episode now... Wow. First half (and first few mins after the first boot) was preeeeetty entertaining but then it got kinda boring again

And this is late af but a couple takes that are probably unpopular and controversial lol:

Are people really mad at Missy & Elizabeth? I’m sorry but that’s just kinda silly. I don’t think they condoned any type of inappropriate behavior or “silenced” Kellee or anything like that at all. It’s just a game and they used what they could to get ahead. I don’t fault them ngl...

First of all, I think they didn’t take Dan’s actions as seriously/offensively/uncomfortably as Kellee and didn’t realize exactly how bad she actually felt about it. Tbf to them, she wasn’t totally transparent as she was in her confessional, they didn’t see her crying like she was in her confessional so it was hard for them to see the extent to which she felt and on top of that they knew she was willing to keep Dan and plot against Missy so, like, me personally... I wouldn’t think it’s that serious and would want to get one up on her too. I'm not fully sure of the timeline but her targeting Missy at first makes it pretty fair game for them to target her regardless of the situation.

Like let’s consider, even with HOW KELLEE FELT, she still wanted to use the Dan vote as a decoy, keep him around, and secretly vote out Missy ?!?!?! Like what, she was kinda doing the same thing in a way, she just happened to be the one that felt legitimately uncomfortable with Dan and happened to be the one that actually got played in the end --- don’t get me wrong it came across more shady from Missy & Elizabeth since they played something up (that can be serious) that Kellee legitimately felt but meh I’m not gonna blame them for using that as strategy.. maybe that’s just me but I like the people who play with zero restrictions, zero limitations, kinda zero morals really. That's why I like Fairplay, Sandra, Tony, Russell Hantz and so on as while they may or may not have been as offensive in how they played, they're still the types that would have no boundaries or filter to make it through the game.

Either way, voting out Kellee is not silencing her situation and neither is it silencing a situation like this outside of Survivor in the real world.

1) People feel differently about their bodies being touched and Missy/Elizabeth's interpretation of the situation was that it wasn’t a serious issue, in the middle of playing a game for a million dollars. The examples Kellee used to them consisted of Dan getting something off the side of her face and Dan stroking his hand through her hair after she commented on it being dirty. Keeping it 100: I don’t fault them for their misunderstanding of the situation or their choice in gameplay tbh.
2) Voting her out in a game when they personally feel fine with Dan (while they see Kellee as a threat who was being sneaky in this same vote) is NOT indicative of how they would handle this situation IRL if a woman was in this position coming to them, confiding in them with this info, etc. All of that seems pretty clear & obvious to me so I’m leaving it at that.
3) On the other side of things, it’s also not hurting Dan’s reputation in the case that they were playing something up to be bigger than it was (ie. falsely accusing him). They say in confessionals that they actually feel comfortable with Dan and have settled any possible issues with him. So that's their truthful thoughts with him. Kellee explained her own situation in confessionals for her truthful thoughts with him.

I think Lauren was worse than them 2 because she automatically took Dan's side in specifically "not wanting to vote him out for those reasons" because it didn't sit well with her knowing she's only had good experiences with Dan. To me, she basically wrote off Kellee's claims just because of her own relationship with Dan whereas I think Missy & Elizabeth were simply focused on game here and IMO that's fine, even for something like this.

But if someone is going to get bashed it should be Dan obviously ffs Even then, the guy is creepy & overly touchy very clearly in his actions but is he some kind of sexual predator or evil person? iiiidk. There's a lot of men & particularly women out there that are veeeery much like Dan in doing a lot of unnecessary touching that I wouldn't call predators or harassers. Does his actions even fall under sexual harassment? To my understanding of sexual harassment I really, genuinely don't think so and I think this seems very blown out of proportion as a whole from what I can tell. Doesn't mean Kellee isn't in the right of feeling uncomfortable with Dan and that he has over-stepped his boundaries in ways this season... but in agreement with Varner on this: it actually is invasion of space more than anything else and I can't believe this is even being compared to sexual abuse and such.

Most importantly, Dean is still in

Last edited by JerseyWins; 20-11-2019 at 04:45 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 05:08 AM #204
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Oh btw:

1) Emphasis on Kellee was in the right. I just don't know if I'd call the situation "sexual harassment" (or anything further that seems to be getting drawn comparisons to) but it's definitely not a good look for Dan and totally justified for her to be uncomfortable there. I was just focusing more on Survivor fans possibly going OTT on the Missy/Elizabeth/even Dan hate. And I'm not sure if Lauren is getting any hate but I'll take what Missy & Elizabeth did for gameplay over one or two of Lauren's confessionals / side conversations that episode. (not totally blaming her either tho)

2) Dan looked soooooo damn bad @ that TC where he just so badly wanted to "let it go"... waaay too dismissive, pretty gross attitude until the end maybe. Like he came across like he was hiding & downplaying things, and showed barely any type of empathy or acknowledgment of what he at least could have possibly done to rub some of the women the wrong way, no pun intended.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 20-11-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:01 PM #205
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I think the reason why Missy/Elizabeth are getting a lot of heat is because Kellee's confessional was basically "Missy is smart and such a good player and I would LOVE to work with her, but unfortunately it's too late and the lines are already drawn so I actually need to target her" while we got a scene of Missy coaching Elizabeth on what to say to Janet and how to have a mother-daughter moment where they bond over Dan touching everyone. Obviously it's a much more complex situation than the show can accurately portray, but the mental whiplash from Kellee/Missy talking for 2+ hour about how creepy Dan is and Missy coaching Elizabeth on what to say to Janet, only for them to effectively gaslight Janet after TC isn't a good look at all.

Ultimately, if anyone is to blame it's ****ing production for how shoddily they handled the situation. It's been an ongoing issue since Day 1 and a warning should've been issued much earlier. Like, we're so far into the ~big movez culture~ that we just watched multiple people feel as though they have to push aside their discomfort with someone sexually harassing them (yes, making multiple women feel uncomfortable by touching them even when they tell you not to is sexual harassment, let's not lose sight of that) because they need his vote FoR ThE NuMbErS is just soooo grim and depressing and sad for the state of the show. Not to mention that the exit interviews are finally coming out and there are some huuuuuuge contradictions (Jeff claims that Kellee was told that she was allowed to speak at the Jamal boot TC while she claims that she was never informed of this and had no clue that the Dan thing was even going to be discussed in depth, uncertainty as to whether or not Dan received a formal warning at all, Josh Wigler quitting his Survivor coverage over all the bull**** surrounding this episode among other things, etc.) It was easy for everyone to act like Jeff did a good job by telling Dan that he would never let this go, but it's clear that he just wanted a punchline for people to remember as he tries to make Survivor some warped After School Special. Dan shouldn't have even seen the merge vote.
Old 21-11-2019, 12:05 AM #206
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Real talk, I couldn't do it @ sleeping with rats & bugs on Survivor... especially like when it's raining and all those things probably try to get in the shelter.

Mess @ Karishma having another breakdown this episode and meanwhile Noura's just beefing with her badly

And lmfaOOO @ that ending in her randomly finding an idol she just happened to walk by
Old 21-11-2019, 12:07 AM #207
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

flajsdfkldsf;lkdjsaflkdjj Karishma the acting/jungle queen <333333333
Old 21-11-2019, 12:16 AM #208
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

fffffffffffffffffffff Noura just giving up on the pb&j (and going second at TC) as soon as she wins immunity
Old 21-11-2019, 12:16 AM #209
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

NOURA WINNING IMMUNITY and immediately throwing away a PBJ reward
Old 21-11-2019, 12:21 AM #210
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Idk how I feel about when they split back into 2 tribes like this after the merge. It does spice things up a little especially on a season where it may have been kinda predictable moving forward... but pretty rough and unlucky to get a bad draw and end up voted out cause of this random twist
Old 21-11-2019, 12:28 AM #211
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Lmaooooooooooo @ Karishma trying to walk off and Missy keeps pulling her back

"She's an idiot" omg

I kinda love the way Missy plays now tho
Old 21-11-2019, 12:29 AM #212
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I am CACKLING at Karishma

having to be dragged back into the conversation three times by Missy <3 calling Missy a bully <3 leaving Missy speechless <3 telling Missy she doesn't have a watch so she'll speak to her when her emotions calm down <3
Old 21-11-2019, 12:30 AM #213
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Tommy with the forced teacher analogies shut UP you don't ****ing care about Karishma at all
Old 21-11-2019, 12:35 AM #214
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Both tribes turned into pretty interesting scenarios. Aaron & Tommy to go

It sucks that Karishma turned into a swing vote now though because I like everyone else on her tribe
Old 21-11-2019, 12:42 AM #215
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I can't imagine caring about Tommy at all. Or even Elizabeth?
Old 21-11-2019, 12:46 AM #216
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

The island storylines this episode were reeeally entertaining (especially the Missy/Tommy tribe) but now there's just a bit tooooo much TC time. (not the biggest fan of long TC's )
Old 21-11-2019, 12:49 AM #217
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally Aaron out Also loool @ him just going to sit by the jury immediately
Old 21-11-2019, 12:50 AM #218
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Missy saying THAT'S NOT HOW THE JURY SHOULD LOOK askdjf;slkajfawlfjl like girl you voted three of them out AND you're cocky as hell lmao
Old 21-11-2019, 12:52 AM #219
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Missy saying THAT'S NOT HOW THE JURY SHOULD LOOK askdjf;slkajfawlfjl like girl you voted three of them out AND you're cocky as hell lmao

She better outlast this vote
Old 21-11-2019, 12:54 AM #220
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Missy is THATBITCH.co.uk I'm screaming
Old 21-11-2019, 12:56 AM #221
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

okay she REALLY is that bitch ;aijdf;lkajf;ejf; STILL acting like she didn't turn on Tommy asdfjkl;

that was a ****ing stellar sendoff episode for her though SLOWLY AND METHODICALLY
Old 21-11-2019, 12:58 AM #222
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

WOW I thought Tommy was gonna go second. Well damn that sucks </3

I wonder if Missy & Elizabeth even told Elaine about the plan or not or they just made it look like it would be Karishma to her?

I like how Rob laughed and said "everyone's keeping Karishma for the end"

Idk what this means for Elizabeth & Elaine now moving forward with Aaron & Missy going but still most importantly just keep pulling through Dean
Old 21-11-2019, 01:07 AM #223
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Dean peaked like.... episode 4 lol he's just been a boring MOR2 desperately trying to enable ****ty men like Aaron and Tommy
Old 21-11-2019, 01:36 AM #224
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Dean peaked as a detective and has stayed at his peak continuing to do his detective work x (and no clue how he's enabling ****ty men or how Tommy is ****ty )

Also what was the point of Karishma saying that even though she doesn't like Missy or the way she talks to her, she's going to ignore that and make the logical choice?

I did have a feeling that was too much of a giveaway pre-TC and then Missy would actually go anyway.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 21-11-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 21-11-2019, 04:31 AM #225
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

let the door hit you on the way out missy love

Thank god two horrid people gone in a double

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2019, 25th, 39, cast, contestants, idols, island, premieres, revealed, rumours, september, survivor, theme