Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-05-2019, 09:09 AM #1
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default Kate Middleton arrives at Royal Chelsea Flower show

The Duchess of Cambridge dressed down in a white blouse and practical culottes for a visit to her garden at the Chelsea Flower Show this morning.

Kate, 37, got her hands dirty as she joined a group of schoolchildren for a fireside chat and outdoor activities in the Back To Nature Garden, which will be officially unveiled this week.

The garden, which Kate hopes will inspire families 'to get outside' and 'enjoy nature', features a tree house, waterfall, rustic den and a campfire as well as tree stumps, stepping stones and a hollow log for children to play on.
Yesterday the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shared snaps of their own children enjoying a sneak peek of the space.

A barefoot George and Charlotte dangling their legs over a stream, while an excited Louis ran along a wooden path carrying a branch as the Duke of Cambridge looked on smiling.

Today the Duchess of Cambridge was ready to get stuck in, donning a £255 broderie anglaise white blouse by trendy label M.i.h., brown high-waisted culottes and pair of white Superga trainers.

The RHS Back to Nature Garden, designed by Kate with landscape architects Andree Davies and Adam White, is a woodland setting for families and communities to connect with nature.

Kate's garden aims to highlight the benefits the natural world brings to mental and physical well-being.

Kate has made 'early years' intervention one of the cornerstones of her work after seeing how so many problems faced by adults she has met – such as mental health issues, addiction and social exclusion – stem from their childhood.

She and her co-designers were keen to recreate memories, such as wild bluebells, from her childhood.

In an interview shared on the Kensington Palace Instagram account, Kate said parents should spend as much 'quality time' with their children at a young age as possible to help their development, particularly outdoors.

Speaking about her wilderness garden, which will be unveiled at the show on Tuesday, the Duchess said: 'This is a natural, creative place for them to play.

'I really hope this woodland that we have created here really inspires families and kids and communities in general to get outside, enjoy nature, enjoy the outdoors and really spend quality time together.'

She added: 'There's an amazing fact that I learned recently that 90 per cent of our adult brains are developed before the age of five and what a child experiences in these really early years directly affects how their brain develops.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ower-Show.html
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 09:16 AM #2
You know my methods

You know my methods

Yes lovely, i would like to have gone to the show this year as its brilliant
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 09:21 AM #3
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith