Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 03:22 PM #76
parmnion's Avatar
parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
It was an example of making conversation with someone you don't know well. If you knew they were married, you would assume in a heterosexual relationship before otherwise.

But, yes, be pedantic. Always preferable to discussing the topic.
I wouldn't assume anything...is this a gay thing? Is it just gay people who assume anyone not gay instantly assumes other people are straight. ...in this day and age?

Rather narrow minded of you marsh if you don't mind me saying....I don't know about anyone else but these days I don't assume anything when it comes to people's sexuality.

Last edited by parmnion; 01-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM #77
brat.'s Avatar
brat. brat. is offline
ah™
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: nun of yer business
Posts: 4,959

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
brat. brat. is offline
ah™
brat.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: nun of yer business
Posts: 4,959

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
Default

because there is little to none representation in mainstream media, whilst every couple in movies, television shows etc. are straight, and when a gay relationship is involved it is focused upon them... being geigh rather than being a normal couple

why it's needed is exactly because of threads like this, saying "why does it need to gay"... well why doesn't it? it's not anything different and if as you say you "just see a man" then the fact of something being labelled as gay shouldn't affect you :mwah:
__________________

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:27 PM #78
Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I wouldn't assume anything...is this a gay thing? Is it just gay people who assume anyone not gay instantly assumes other people are straight. ...in this day and age?

Rather narrow minded of you marsh if you don't mind me saying....I don't know about anyone else but these days I don't assume anything when it comes to people's sexuality.
Do you ever get bored of avoiding discussion and choosing to bait?

Do it elsewhere. Not interested.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:28 PM #79
Jessica. Jessica. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24,131


Jessica. Jessica. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24,131


Default

Men catcall women in the street, the other day a few women said it wasn't uncommon for men to sexually harass them. Straight men brandish their sexuality all over the place, you just don't notice because you are one.
__________________
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:28 PM #80
parmnion's Avatar
parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Do you ever get bored of avoiding discussion and choosing to bait?

Do it elsewhere. Not interested.
That's not baiting...That's airing my honest opinion and how I deal with the example you set before me...


Don't ****ing ask next time if you can't see the answer when it's in front of you. .baiting...what a load of rubbish.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 PM #81
Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Default

Not interested Parm.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 PM #82
parmnion's Avatar
parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Men catcall women in the street, the other day a few women said it wasn't uncommon for men to sexually harass them. Straight men brandish their sexuality all over the place, you just don't notice because you are one.
And I've had my arse felt by a gay bloke on more than one occasion...when I didn't ask for it.



Had my kilt.lifted by hungry women...again, when I didn't want it..

Last edited by parmnion; 01-07-2019 at 03:32 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:31 PM #83
parmnion's Avatar
parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


parmnion parmnion is offline
Senior Member
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 41,375

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Not interested Parm.
That's avoiding discussion right there....but hey ho.
.bye bye
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:31 PM #84
Jessica. Jessica. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24,131


Jessica. Jessica. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24,131


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
And I've had my arse felt by a gay bloke on more than one occasion...when I didn't ask for it.
Okay, I'm not saying that's right, but that is one personal experience, the thread is about generally putting sexuality on display which isn't just done by people from the LGBT community.
__________________
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:32 PM #85
Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Marsh. Marsh. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,984


Default

Gays should just act straight until in the comfort of a gay bar (which from the outside does not look like a gay bar).

Then everyone is comfortable and safe.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 PM #86
Elliot's Avatar
Elliot Elliot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,608

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
Elliot Elliot is offline
Senior Member
Elliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,608

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
screeching for acceptance we already have.
im sick of this bs you do this every thread

just because you, personally, have had good experiences, doesn't invalidate the people that haven't. Even in the 'western world' that y'all consistently hold as this liberal haven, the lgbt community still faces discrimination and horrible experiences because of their sexuality or identity. What one person has gone through doesn't invalidate your experiences, but it also works the other way around. Just because you say so doesn't make it true. Maybe you'd be less confident making these blanket statements if you knew of more lived experiences members of the lgbt community have gone through, if only they weren't told to shut up all the time like they are being told to do so in this thread.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:41 PM #87
Toy Soldier Toy Soldier is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,350


Toy Soldier Toy Soldier is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,350


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
im sick of this bs you do this every thread

just because you, personally, have had good experiences, doesn't invalidate the people that haven't. Even in the 'western world' that y'all consistently hold as this liberal haven, the lgbt community still faces discrimination and horrible experiences because of their sexuality or identity. What one person has gone through doesn't invalidate your experiences, but it also works the other way around. Just because you say so doesn't make it true. Maybe you'd be less confident making these blanket statements if you knew of more lived experiences members of the lgbt community have gone through, if only they weren't told to shut up all the time like they are being told to do so in this thread.
Honestly I would be utterly flabbergasted if Oliver has had many experiences either way, because every single opinion he has on this topic sounds like something he read elsewhere and decided "sounds right".

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 01-07-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:49 PM #88
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Default

Very typical of a straight white man to complain that another persons identity is too much for them. You talk about us all being human beings but gay men continue to be persecuted and killed in countries where they are still viewed as pariahs. These are legitimate concerns which highlight exactly the reason why there is an ongoing fight to normalize homosexuality and to protect the lives of gay men/women and trans people across the world.

If you feel sick and tired of hearing about sexuality and race in discussions today then I would encourage you to focus your energy into thinking about why they are so prevalent. There exists very little productivity in your disapproval of people using certain words to describe themselves. To you, "gay", "trans", "black" are words that you've heard enough of. To others, they are words which define meaningful identities and are part of who we are.

What I'm trying to say is that I identify not only as a man but as a gay man and I will talk about it as much as I damn well want to~
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:58 PM #89
Swan's Avatar
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Very typical of a straight white man to complain that another persons identity is too much for them. You talk about us all being human beings but gay men continue to be persecuted and killed in countries where they are still viewed as pariahs. These are legitimate concerns which highlight exactly the reason why there is an ongoing fight to normalize homosexuality and to protect the lives of gay men/women and trans people across the world.

If you feel sick and tired of hearing about sexuality and race in discussions today then I would encourage you to focus your energy into thinking about why they are so prevalent. There exists very little productivity in your disapproval of people using certain words to describe themselves. To you, "gay", "trans", "black" are words that you've heard enough of. To others, they are words which define meaningful identities and are part of who we are.

What I'm trying to say is that I identify not only as a man but as a gay man and I will talk about it as much as I damn well want to~
Why are you bringing race into it? What does sexuality have to do with race?

And nope, you are just assuming. How dare you try and twist my opinion into something racist. I've had enough of people like you i really have.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:59 PM #90
Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Why are you bringing race into it? What does sexuality have to do with race?

And nope, you are just assuming. How dare you try and twist my opinion into something racist. I've had enough of people like you i really have.
You really are fragile
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:01 PM #91
Swan's Avatar
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
You really are fragile
For accusing me that i have an issue with the colour of somebodies skin? Ok then.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:01 PM #92
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Why are you bringing race into it? What does sexuality have to do with race?

And nope, you are just assuming. How dare you try and twist my opinion into something racist. I've had enough of people like you i really have.
It was merely an example but sure, go off!

If the only thing you took from that post was the need to defend yourself as a racist then you missed the entire point of my argument and I'm done here. Can't argue with a brick wall tbh x
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:02 PM #93
Matthew.'s Avatar
Matthew. Matthew. is offline
it’s a mad, mad world
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 13,796

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Survivor 40: Tony


Matthew. Matthew. is offline
it’s a mad, mad world
Matthew.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 13,796

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Survivor 40: Tony


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Why are you bringing race into it? What does sexuality have to do with race?

And nope, you are just assuming. How dare you try and twist my opinion into something racist. I've had enough of people like you i really have.


__________________





Spoiler:








Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:03 PM #94
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Jigs Jigs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,336

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati
Survivor 39: Noura
BB6: Craig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
For accusing me that i have an issue with the colour of somebodies skin? Ok then.
What I've noticed from the very few posts I've seen of yours in this thread is that your worldview is very self-centered. Gays can't talk about their sexuality because it offends YOU. I can't bring up race issues in a discussion about sexuality as if the two aren't adjacent because it offends YOU.

Not everything is about you. I guess that's something you will learn in time. But then again, you're straight and white, so maybe not!
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM #95
Swan's Avatar
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
It was merely an example but sure, go off!

If the only thing you took from that post was the need to defend yourself as a racist then you missed the entire point of my argument and I'm done here. Can't argue with a brick wall tbh x
You started out your post inciting race, of i will defend myself when you are underhandedly accusing me of being racist.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM #96
Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
For accusing me that i have an issue with the colour of somebodies skin? Ok then.
Just in general really. You made a thread because you're so bothered that gay people mention that they're gay. Get over yourself
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:07 PM #97
Swan's Avatar
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
What I've noticed from the very few posts I've seen of yours in this thread is that your worldview is very self-centered. Gays can't talk about their sexuality because it offends YOU. I can't bring up race issues in a discussion about sexuality as if the two aren't adjacent because it offends YOU.

Not everything is about you. I guess that's something you will learn in time. But then again, you're straight and white, so maybe not!
When did i say someones sexuality offended me?

And there you go again with your 'straight white male'. I was bullied unmercifully throughout my secondary school years, but to you it's like because im straight, and white, and male i've somehow had a free ride in life?!
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 PM #98
Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post

It's my personal opinion that sexuality, race and gender doesn't defy a perso.
Also, you brought race into it
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 PM #99
Swan's Avatar
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Swan Swan is offline
Senior Member
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
Just in general really. You made a thread because you're so bothered that gay people mention that they're gay. Get over yourself
No, i was just trying to say it really doesn't matter if you're gay or not, we're all equal.

But i think it's funny who this can be somehow turned into 'white male being intolerant of homosexuality and race'.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 PM #100
Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Ant. Ant. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,838

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Dexter


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
When did i say someones sexuality offended me?

And there you go again with your 'straight white male'. I was bullied unmercifully throughout my secondary school years, but to you it's like because im straight, and white, and male i've somehow had a free ride in life?!
When did he say you had a free ride in life... Lmao
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lgbt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
 

About Us ThisisBigBrother.com

"Big Brother and UK Television Forum. Est. 2001"

 

© 2023
no new posts