Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 06-07-2019, 08:33 AM #1
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Default TiBB HotSeat 2019 - Round #29 (Vicky.)

TiBB HotSeat 2019
Round #29 - Vicky.

(because this was the goat diary room chair and I won’t hear otherwise.)

- HotSeat is a game in which forum members put themselves forward to be interviewed by other members of the forum about absolutely anything, for example their favourite TV shows, their least favourite movies, what music they listen to. But looking at previous HotSeats, I’m sure you will come up with more interesting questions than that.

- This is a great opportunity to get to know Vicky better, as after all it’s better to be an open book than a dusty one that’s never been opened!

- Vicky is under no obligation to answer every single question that is put forward to her, but the HotSeat would encourage her to answer most of them, otherwise there’s not much point in sitting on it, is there?

- You have until Liam-‘s round, which is tomorrow, to ask Vicky those questions you’ve been waiting to ask but never had the guts to until now...

- Are you interested in playing HotSeat? Sign up here!

Go!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 06-07-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:03 AM #2
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

lovely Vicky

Your favourite mod?

What do you love about tibb, what do you hate and what changes would you make?
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:25 AM #3
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

What is your avi?

Spoiler:

Old 06-07-2019, 10:25 AM #4
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Some of your favourite housemates?

Spoiler:

Old 06-07-2019, 11:03 AM #5
0_o

0_o

Was actually kind of expecting to come onto an avalanche, so pleasantly surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
lovely Vicky

Your favourite mod?
Niamh, by a mile. Used to be really close to josy too but..we seem to have drifted apart recently.
Quote:
What do you love about tibb, what do you hate and what changes would you make?
Ahh this could go into essays. Will try to keep it briefer.

I love how close people are on here. Like, half of us hate each other but still can pretty much predict what someones reponses will be on a topic, and can (on the whole..not all) agree to disagre even when strong opinions clash. We are kind of like a huge dysfunctional family. A couple on here I would probably genuinely class as friends..not as in FB friends (have a few I barely speak to from here on FB list) but actual friends who I would love to go for a drink with!

I hate..people picking and picking at other members to get them to snap. Again, as we all know each other so well, we also know how to get under each others skin, should we chose to. And some seem to chose to do that a lot. I guess again, its kind of the same as a family, where a couple of members of it just do not get on at all and will snipe and snipe at each other and maybe have a blowup when everyones pissed at xmas or something..but I see the purposeful picking a LOT. Probably more as I am a mod so see the picking then the reports when the member does finally bite back. Seems more and more common these days, mind it used to be a LOT worse back a few years, so small mercies its not quite that bad now

This change question will not endear me to admin.
- A couple of permabans I think would sort out a lot of problems on here (no I will not tell you who)
- Lose the swear filter
- Members want us to become more strict with infractions, I would actually see the rules loosened a little. I am a huge advocate for free speech at the moment, and do think people should be able to speak totally freely (without going into hate speech obviously) especially in the serious debates section. I would lose the member insults part in that section, as topics there obviously do get people a bit riled up and while we do allow a bit more in there than say, in the BB section, I would rather it was almost unmoderated in a way. Where we only have to step in when it becomes like..death threats or whatever. Of course members would have to help us with this by basically..reigning it in of their own accord and thinking about posts before they make them. But I would love to give that a try tbh.
- Totally change the infraction system. I find it unfair at times, and its just ineffective at the moment too. Would much rather a system where, you get a warning for a certain thing, say out and out insults. Then, next time you do it, its an instant days ban. Then going up from there. Or back to the three strikes and out system we use to have, though I fear that one might..leave us with no members at all as it was very harsh. Mind, when that system was in place, it seemed people did not just constantly insult each other and such, so the harshness increased quality of posts somewhat.
- More forum skins. Thats not that important though, and realistically members would need to design them as james is actually very busy (I know y'all think he does nothing, thats not true at all and he does a lot behind the scenes) so maybe, another one of those competitions for the best one, or best three or something. I know thats been mentioned before.
- A totally unmoderated over 18 section, thats opt in. Would love to give this one a try but admin are totally against it. I can see their reasoning, but would still like to try it.
- I actually think we need a new mod also. With dezzy leaving, and a lot of us aren't on as much as we used to be, there are times when the forums kind of like the wild west, and we come back to pages and pages of petty arguments about nothing..where with a bit of luck, a new mod could calm things a bit before it got to that stage. I also do think, we get a bit stuck in our ways sometimes, so new blood tends to..point out our issues to us also. There were a few bad habits I had got into when the last mod intake was done and I was pulled up on stuff by fresh eyes. I do think it helps, to keep us on our toes a bit.
- I would totally ban one word replies, and GIFS in SD. Its a huge bugbear of mine and so unnecessary in a place thats about actual serious opinions.
- Also would seperate news and ceeb. And SD from politics also. Politics overtakes the SD section and honestly, am sick of the sight of trump threads, and corbyn threads, and boris threads. SD used to be a place where you got actual interesting discussions on a variety of topics. I used to sit and read threads when I had nothing to do on a night, and it was always interesting, seeing inteliigent members setting out their views on whatever topic, without insulting and baiting each other constantly too..just adding their views, and arguing sometimes but..not with snipes but actually arguing their views. Its something I really miss.

I know a lot of that was about SD. But, its always ben my fave bit of here and it upsets me somewhat that is gone to **** in recent years and would love to see it normal again.

Also sorry admin, for bringing up stuff thats been definitely denied a few times, so I should know better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
What is your avi?
Ian Somerhalder Oddly I dont seem to fancy him anywhere else, but when playing Damon..which says to me its more the character I fancy than him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
Some of your favourite housemates?
Aaron, Marcus and Makosi will pretty much always be my top 3 I think. Honourable mentions to Nadia (first time around..not second), Kemal, Derek (maybe the whole of the BB6 cast in honesty..by far my fave), Lea, Anna, Alex (bb3), Victor and Rex though.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 AM #6
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

Ahh this could go into essays. Will try to keep it briefer.

I love how close people are on here. Like, half of us hate each other but still can pretty much predict what someones reponses will be on a topic, and can (on the whole..not all) agree to disagre even when strong opinions clash. We are kind of like a huge dysfunctional family. A couple on here I would probably genuinely class as friends..not as in FB friends (have a few I barely speak to from here on FB list) but actual friends who I would love to go for a drink with!

I hate..people picking and picking at other members to get them to snap. Again, as we all know each other so well, we also know how to get under each others skin, should we chose to. And some seem to chose to do that a lot. I guess again, its kind of the same as a family, where a couple of members of it just do not get on at all and will snipe and snipe at each other and maybe have a blowup when everyones pissed at xmas or something..but I see the purposeful picking a LOT. Probably more as I am a mod so see the picking then the reports when the member does finally bite back. Seems more and more common these days, mind it used to be a LOT worse back a few years, so small mercies its not quite that bad now

This change question will not endear me to admin.
- A couple of permabans I think would sort out a lot of problems on here (no I will not tell you who)
- Lose the swear filter
- Members want us to become more strict with infractions, I would actually see the rules loosened a little. I am a huge advocate for free speech at the moment, and do think people should be able to speak totally freely (without going into hate speech obviously) especially in the serious debates section. I would lose the member insults part in that section, as topics there obviously do get people a bit riled up and while we do allow a bit more in there than say, in the BB section, I would rather it was almost unmoderated in a way. Where we only have to step in when it becomes like..death threats or whatever. Of course members would have to help us with this by basically..reigning it in of their own accord and thinking about posts before they make them. But I would love to give that a try tbh.
- Totally change the infraction system. I find it unfair at times, and its just ineffective at the moment too. Would much rather a system where, you get a warning for a certain thing, say out and out insults. Then, next time you do it, its an instant days ban. Then going up from there. Or back to the three strikes and out system we use to have, though I fear that one might..leave us with no members at all as it was very harsh. Mind, when that system was in place, it seemed people did not just constantly insult each other and such, so the harshness increased quality of posts somewhat.
- More forum skins. Thats not that important though, and realistically members would need to design them as james is actually very busy (I know y'all think he does nothing, thats not true at all and he does a lot behind the scenes) so maybe, another one of those competitions for the best one, or best three or something. I know thats been mentioned before.
- A totally unmoderated over 18 section, thats opt in. Would love to give this one a try but admin are totally against it. I can see their reasoning, but would still like to try it.
- I actually think we need a new mod also. With dezzy leaving, and a lot of us aren't on as much as we used to be, there are times when the forums kind of like the wild west, and we come back to pages and pages of petty arguments about nothing..where with a bit of luck, a new mod could calm things a bit before it got to that stage. I also do think, we get a bit stuck in our ways sometimes, so new blood tends to..point out our issues to us also. There were a few bad habits I had got into when the last mod intake was done and I was pulled up on stuff by fresh eyes. I do think it helps, to keep us on our toes a bit.
- I would totally ban one word replies, and GIFS in SD. Its a huge bugbear of mine and so unnecessary in a place thats about actual serious opinions.
- Also would seperate news and ceeb. And SD from politics also. Politics overtakes the SD section and honestly, am sick of the sight of trump threads, and corbyn threads, and boris threads. SD used to be a place where you got actual interesting discussions on a variety of topics. I used to sit and read threads when I had nothing to do on a night, and it was always interesting, seeing inteliigent members setting out their views on whatever topic, without insulting and baiting each other constantly too..just adding their views, and arguing sometimes but..not with snipes but actually arguing their views. Its something I really miss.

I know a lot of that was about SD. But, its always ben my fave bit of here and it upsets me somewhat that is gone to **** in recent years and would love to see it normal again.

Also sorry admin, for bringing up stuff thats been definitely denied a few times, so I should know better
Where can I vote for you tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 AM #7
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

What made you want to be a moderator?
Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 AM #8
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

What are the hardest parts of being a moderator?

Quote:
He/him
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM #9
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Who do you look up to?

Quote:
He/him
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM #10
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

What are your favourite bands?

Quote:
He/him
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM #11
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

If you could see 5 artists, dead or alive, who would they be?

Quote:
He/him
Old 06-07-2019, 11:25 AM #12
User banned

User banned

Are you sexy

If yes do you plan on bringing sexy back
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:26 AM #13
User banned

User banned

What your fab number
Old 06-07-2019, 11:26 AM #14
User banned

User banned

What you fav color
Old 06-07-2019, 11:26 AM #15
User banned

User banned

Do you like cat
Old 06-07-2019, 11:26 AM #16
User banned

User banned

Do you like dogs
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM #17
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
What made you want to be a moderator?
I didn't want to be a moderator, until I was a moderator I had only been a member a few weeks/months..I was way too obsessed with bb10, and had joined to talk about it, was making somethingg ridiculous like a hundred posts a day..but mainly through the night as oddly enough, at that time I had a life by day! So, was sat making my endless posts from like, midnight to 5am ish. And apparently more mods were needed. And mark (or james) said I would be a good choice because I was very active st night, and none of the other staff were. I stayed within the rules and was nice to people, which I suspect helped too. It was also at a tim when there were issues with a very particular troll (who targetted me..over all others actually) who tended to come on at night and tbh I think the staff were a bit pissed off with me constantly PMing pointing out the multis before they noticed them! Was asked, agreed to a 'training session' on msn (shows how long ago it was..) and was very cuirious about it all tbh, so agreed. It was very very different modding then than now..was on the old forum and the way we had to do things..when deleting stuff we had to copy the whole thread into a hidden forum before doing so as deleted posts did not show at all anymore, were also on the 3 strikes and out system, so members in general stayed within the rules. There was ****ing hell on mind, when they announced me. I remember shaun going particularly off it

So yeah, I didn't want to be a mod as such. I was a mod before I wanted to do it
Quote:
What are the hardest parts of being a moderator?
Probably when you can't do right for doing wrong tbh. Regardless of the decisions you make, you piss off at least one person. Its been MUCH better since tibb staff was inroduced though, I have to say. I know members hate it, but the amount of abuse we got via PM for infracting certain members was absolutely insane. I had some nutter actually threaten to hunt down me and my kids and kill us for gods sake, as I gave him a warning for something. A BB only poster, so noone would know them, not that I would name them anyway I get that its annoying, but honestly..it was ridiculous.

Also an issue, is when posts are basically borderline rule breaks and you know some will take it as offensive but also know there will be hell on if you remove them as technically they are fine..and have to make a judgement call..and it turns out to be the wrong one
Quote:
Who do you look up to?
Erm, I don't think I look up to anyone really. At a push, would be soppy and predictable and say my dad.
Quote:
What are your favourite bands?
Ahaha still to this day, busted. Mind, I went to see them when they reformed and it was rubbish, the new stuff they had was crap, and the crowd was heckling them to play the older stuff instead
Quote:
If you could see 5 artists, dead or alive, who would they be?
Bon Jovi
Iamx (obsessed since watching HTGAWM. Seems to have a good range of stuff too)
Michael Jackson
Eminem
Avril Lavigne (though..years back)

Honestly, I don't really listen to music at all these days..not into anyone specific besides my random youtubing of iamx stuff. Used to be far far more interested.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM #18
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
Are you sexy

If yes do you plan on bringing sexy back
Erm, probably not by most peoples standards
Quote:
What your fab number
Fave number? 11..for some reason.
Quote:
What you fav color
Black..
Quote:
Do you like cat
NO
Quote:
Do you like dogs
Some. In general probably yes.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by James; 06-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:46 AM #19
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Was actually kind of expecting to come onto an avalanche, so pleasantly surprised
Probably because during the week I wake up at 7am and make the thread, and at that time Ammi’s still online and she spams the thread

Spoiler:

Old 06-07-2019, 11:47 AM #20
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Vicky, thank you for the detailed reply to my tibb questions
I like your ideas very much!

What have been your highlights and low points as a mod and as a member?

Could you reassure us you're not thinking of quitting please?

Favourite thread? Favourite type of thread?
Games or competitions you'd like to see?
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:56 AM #21
User banned

User banned

Am i the greatest forum member to have ever lived
Old 06-07-2019, 12:01 PM #22

Favourite TiBB era?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:02 PM #23

Favourite TiBB feud
Old 06-07-2019, 12:03 PM #24

Any massive regrets in life?