Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 20-08-2019, 02:44 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Default TV Shows that you've liked that IMDB doesn't?

The criteria is that IMDB has to score the show below a 7/10 and you personally enjoyed said show for whatever reason more than IMDB did.

Off the top of my head I've had two Animes that I've liked that IMDB weren't as keen on and they are.

Innocent Venus - 6.0/10 on IMDB
Revisions - 6.3/10 on IMDB

I get some of the criticisms of Revisions, but Innocent Venus's criticisms are totally harsh whenever I read complaints about the show imo.

Anyway What's your personal disagreements with IMDB when it comes to shows that you like being badly scored?

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 20-08-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 08:13 AM #2
-

-

To be honest, I've rarely seen a scripted show score below 7 and still be watchable . In fact, under 7.5 usually indicates some serious acting or scripting issues. The lowest I can find of shows I've really loved is "Lexx" at 7.3 and honestly I'd have to put that down to people not realising it was a semi-parody and trying to take it too seriously... because it was amazing .

This is season-based shows of course. If we venture into soaps there are plenty. Neighbours scores 5.4... And Eastenders scores 4.7

One thing I do find strange though; like I said, a fairly accurate indicator of an even watchable TV show is 7.5+ on IMDB. On the other hand, I'd expect a 7.5+ *movie* to be really quite good... And anything over a 6 is usually OK if its in a genre you like. Under 6 things start to get ropey.

e.g. A 6.5 movie can be a great watch but I'd expect a 6.5 (non-soap) scripted TV show to be abysmal
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 11:09 AM #3
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

IMDB people are trash trolls who have no taste

many syfy movies i watched get low scores from them even though they are quite nice for the low budget genre

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 04:16 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
To be honest, I've rarely seen a scripted show score below 7 and still be watchable . In fact, under 7.5 usually indicates some serious acting or scripting issues. The lowest I can find of shows I've really loved is "Lexx" at 7.3 and honestly I'd have to put that down to people not realising it was a semi-parody and trying to take it too seriously... because it was amazing .

This is season-based shows of course. If we venture into soaps there are plenty. Neighbours scores 5.4... And Eastenders scores 4.7

One thing I do find strange though; like I said, a fairly accurate indicator of an even watchable TV show is 7.5+ on IMDB. On the other hand, I'd expect a 7.5+ *movie* to be really quite good... And anything over a 6 is usually OK if its in a genre you like. Under 6 things start to get ropey.

e.g. A 6.5 movie can be a great watch but I'd expect a 6.5 (non-soap) scripted TV show to be abysmal
Tbf I can let a lot of ropy writing slide if I like most of the characters and I'm interested in the themes and the world in which the show is set in.

I do honestly think that non-English speaking shows (like the Soap genre) does get a bit of harsh stick on IMDB sometimes like I know that The Rain scored a 6.3 yet I'd say that it's a better written show than TWD which scores about an 8.5 but then again I'm not into Soapy writing as much so I probably would favour The Rain more out of the two shows which has more of a plot than who's in love with who, and constant talk about their feelings imo.

And I am with you on Movies as I've enjoyed Movies that have been scored in the 5's on IMDB, yet I wouldn't say that I've enjoyed that many shows in the 5's on IMDB, the only ones I can think of are kids shows like Sanjay & Craig which scores a 4.9 I think, and The Garfield Show which scored a 5.5 on IMDB the last time I checked.

And I've always liked the look of Lexx because I always hear that it's like Farscape which is one of my favourite shows of all time.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
imdb, shows, tv