Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 13-06-2007, 01:25 PM #1

Default The First 14 Days - My Thoughts...

OK, so Big Brother 8 is well underway and in the thick of things and I just want to sum up my opinions of this series in this thread. It's been 2 weeks tonight since we watched all those females enter the house. This time 2 weeks ago we were counting the hours until the Launch. But what have you REALLY thought about this series?

I was really excited about the Launch and I'll be honest. I was a bit dissapointed when we watched 11 or whatever females went in. I'm never to keen on the housemates when they walk in. I always need a few days or weeks to decide my thoughts on the housemates - whether I like or dislike them and I'll go through which I like and dislike later in the thread.

With 48 hours into the 8th series, we saw Ziggy, the 12th housemate, enter the house, only to realise he was the only male in the house. I like Ziggy, mainly because I think he's just himself and he's not game playing and personally I think he really likes Channelle and I think for housemates to go behind their back and say "they're not right for each other" is just wrong, if they like each other, they should go for it, regardless of what other people in the house think. I do think Chanelle likes Ziggy, but just not as much as he likes her. Anyone agree?

With only a few days into the series, 60-year-old Lesley was starting to struggle and you could really see that. I think with the age gap between herself and the other housemates that made her kind of "stand-out" so to speak, but it was good for Lesley to have someone like Carole in the house. Carole was great support to her (hence she gave her her bed when she walked). I think Carole was right to say that Lesley will see this experience as a failure, due to Lesley being a smart woman but she knew the right thing to do, and she walked. I liked Lesley though, not my favourite housemate, but certainly not the worst, that's for sure.

My impressions of the other housemates are, Shabnam, I just can't make my mind up about her, one day I'd like her and the next I wouldn't. I think she would be alot more liked by other housemates if she did a bit more housework around the house and also I think she'd get alot further in the series, and also be more likely to get her "deals" which she seems to really want!! Next Charley....mmm...I haven't made my mind up about her. She seems to like to doa little bit of argueing, but apart from that she seems OK.

I think the twins are good - mainly because you just know there so innocent and just themselves - no gameplan whatsoever. I'm not sure if they'll win it, but I think they'll go far in the series. I still can't tell the difference between them, although their best friend and aunty was on BBLB with Dermot recently and gave us a few clues!! Can you tell the difference??!

Now Nicky, I did like her at the start but recently she's just been getting on my nerves. She doesn't seem to be enjoying the Big Brother experience. She does do her fair bit of housework with doing most if not all of the cooking but recently she just seems to think the whole house and world are against her - when they're really not but will do so if she continues with that attitude. I think she could try smile a bit more - she would enjoy herself more!!

Then last week we had 2 new male housemates into the house in which every single housemate was over to moon about - espessially Ziggy. Gerry and Seany. I wasn't too sure about Seany at the start but he's really grown on me and he seems to be a very good people's person, and I think he's liked in the house. I'm loving Gerry, he's a good housemate and very entertaining. I hope he goes far. I think they both will go far. And, with both of them being gay, and sleeping in the same bed, maybe there will be a bit of romance, who knows? Only time will tell...

The housemates I'm loving are Laura, Carole and Tracey just because I think they're in there for the once in a lifetime experience and not for the fame. Carole is so entertaining and funny, and a thrill to watch. She's like a 50 odd year old teenager and she seems to be loving it. She does her chores around the house. Laura is great. I'm loving Tracey, "Ave It". These are my favourite 3 housemates in the house, hope they go furthest.

I'm pure shocked that Carole and Tracey are up for eviction this Friday Night. I think Shabnam will go. I'm also liking the house. I think doing that with the treble beds etc was a very smart move by Big Brother, because it's really causing friction and that's what makes this show exciting.

I have absoloutely no idea - who's going to win. I think I need a few more weeks to decide that. But has BB8 been what you expected? I wasn't too keen on the series at first, but it is growing on me, that's for sure. I wouldn't go as far as saying the best series so far. BB6 was my favourite.

Thanks for reading this really long thread, above is my thoughts on the series. I would love to hear your thoughts on this series - please feel free to post....

BIG-BRO-FAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:37 PM #2

i dont know how on earth you find carole and laura "fun and entertaining" but otherwise i pretty much agree!
rororo06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:59 PM #3

I just think Laura is herself and she's in there for the experience and not the fame like some of the others.
Old 13-06-2007, 03:41 PM #4

What are everyone elses thoughts on this series?
Old 13-06-2007, 03:54 PM #5

i pretty much agree with rororo, Laura entertaining?????????, and Carole has lost her launch night spark.
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 04:30 PM #6

This big brother has been a complete LETDOWN for me. I thought it was going to be amazing, top last years, but then again NO bb can top last years. They've got it all wrong this year. I mean, the house is dead. I don't blame shabnam for wanting to leave, if i was her so would i.

&& to make things worse, the kicked Emily out, one of the most intelligent and interesting girls in there [despite the race row which wasn't really a "row". ]

so my thoughts are: bb8 did live up to the eye.
xcharleyx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
14, days, thoughts