Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-12-2019, 11:32 AM #2626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
"You aint seen nothing"

No, and we won't do you blithering idiot.

He’s a lot of things but he certainly isn’t an idiot and to be honest it’s pure foolishness to peddle that nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 11:39 AM #2627
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Of course people are responsible for their own actions - I have never said they weren’t - and the vast majority of people got it right and voted correctly because they had the sense to see the alternative would be disastrous for the country. My posts were as much about your awful propensity to label anyone who doesn’t think like you as vastly inferior to what you perceive as your highly superior self.
I’d much rather show my disdain of one person over and over than rant about and show my disdain for millions I know nothing about over and over again, including members of this forum, which you do.

I admitted that, by the law of averages, a small minority of people could have voted in ignorance, but you don’t believe in the law of averages and insist on mass ignorance.

Your refusal to put any blame at all on Steptoe (see what I did there), for Labours failure gives the impression you see him as a saint. As him being blameless is just ridiculous, your not - so -secret adoration is showing….
You responded to a post of mine initially, and have responded to my replies every time, your choice, so I don’t know what you are complaining about.
If you actually bothered to read my posts properly, you'd have seen that I don't blame any parties for how the vote turned out and that includes the Tories. People made their choice and it's my ****ing right whether you like it or not to comment on that decision. The Tories wouldn't have any power if they weren't enabled by the people. It is the people who are responsible for vindicating all the **** the Tories pulled by voting for them. The Tories wouldn't have gotten anywhere without public support so the public are at fault for letting it happen. You can blame he who shall not be named all you want but at the end of the day, the public decided and they decided poorly. Now stop projecting your own ****ing obsession onto me, it's tiresome and false. Argue against what I am actually saying, not what you want me to say. You've tried to make out that I'm a bad debater but you are literally ignoring what I'm saying in favour of the fiction in your head. More projection on your part.

Either respond to what I'm actually saying or don't bother, this is pointless if you're just gonna disregard what I'm saying and shove words I never said down my throat instead.

Weak attempts at character assassination and obsession is all you've had to offer in this debate, give me an argument with some actual meat on it for once.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 11:45 AM #2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
He’s a lot of things but he certainly isn’t an idiot and to be honest it’s pure foolishness to peddle that nonsense

Old 17-12-2019, 11:47 AM #2629
Banned

Banned

Also, Jet. You keep making out that I'm insulting members of the forum with my views on Tories but WHERE is your condemnation for your friends' comments suggesting that people who don't support Tories are scroungers? Where's your condemnation for such sweeping statements when it refers to the other side?

You won't hear me crying out about it because I'd rather argue properly against such ****, not claim faux offense in order to silence a view I don't like.
Old 17-12-2019, 11:47 AM #2630
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"You aint seen nothing"

No, and we won't do you blithering idiot.
Quote:

You could have at least copied the link so people can read it.
SherzyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 11:55 AM #2631

Default General Election on Thursday Dec 12th : Conservative Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post

Google is your friend ..

https://www.google.com/search?q=bori...obile&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by Zizu; 17-12-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 17-12-2019, 11:57 AM #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
He's taking the piss... Let's see what happens over 100 days.

Yes we will
Meanwhile In Fighting
with New and Old Labour
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 12:12 PM #2633

Quote:

He is an idiot. Pure foolishness to think otherwise.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 12:12 PM #2634

He has a degree in classics...
Old 17-12-2019, 12:13 PM #2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
Why did you quote me?
Old 17-12-2019, 12:31 PM #2636
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Why did you quote me?
My iPhone did that
SherzyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 01:10 PM #2637

Quote:
He is PM
with massive new power

Embrace that.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:28 PM #2638

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If you actually bothered to read my posts properly, you'd have seen that I don't blame any parties for how the vote turned out and that includes the Tories. People made their choice and it's my ****ing right whether you like it or not to comment on that decision. The Tories wouldn't have any power if they weren't enabled by the people. It is the people who are responsible for vindicating all the **** the Tories pulled by voting for them. The Tories wouldn't have gotten anywhere without public support so the public are at fault for letting it happen. You can blame he who shall not be named all you want but at the end of the day, the public decided and they decided poorly. Now stop projecting your own ****ing obsession onto me, it's tiresome and false. Argue against what I am actually saying, not what you want me to say. You've tried to make out that I'm a bad debater but you are literally ignoring what I'm saying in favour of the fiction in your head. More projection on your part.

Either respond to what I'm actually saying or don't bother, this is pointless if you're just gonna disregard what I'm saying and shove words I never said down my throat instead.

Weak attempts at character assassination and obsession is all you've had to offer in this debate, give me an argument with some actual meat on it for once.
Spoiler alert! I mention Corbyn a few times, so don't read if you can't stomach it!

I know exactly what you are saying and it is that those who voted Tory are idiots and stupid, its hard NOT to know what you are saying when you endlessly repeat it. You think they did so in the knowledge that it would be against their best interests. But you don’t consider the thought that they must have felt that voting for Corbyn and Labour would be worse for the country and their best interests and that is very, very telling indeed.
The general concensus, backed up by polls say that people cite the leadership as the main reason they didn’t vote for Labour. That is a devastating indictment of Corbyn yet you insist he is blameless. That is where you duck and dive and your argument falls down. It's at the crux of WHY people decided to vote Tory.

Johnson hasn’t had a chance yet, I could understand it if in a years time your dire predictions had all come true. You assume all Tory leaders and policies are going to be the same into infinity. Labour wasn’t always a carbon copy of itself - look at it under Tony Blair. So maybe people preferred to give Johnson a chance, seeing that the alternative was very obviously NOT what they wanted.

If the Labour party from now on keep choosing new leaders of the same far left, extremist, armchair revolutionary ilk, then they are going to be out of power for far longer than another 10 years. People don’t want it - this is the UK, not Russia...and they said so, loud and clear!
Accept it, reflect on where Corbyn and Labour went wrong and WHY people turned their back on them without resorting to the one -size - fits all 'idiots' and 'mass ignorance'. Stop blaming everyone else who used their right to vote how they saw fit without being looked down on by you.

Last edited by jet; 17-12-2019 at 01:53 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 01:31 PM #2639

Parliament is Live Now

Packed - so many Conservatives to fit in.

Corbyn got Jeered
as he rushed into his seat.

Last edited by arista; 17-12-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:45 PM #2640
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Parliament is Live Now

Packed - so many Conservatives to fit in.

Corbyn got Jeered
as he rushed into his seat.
What the house shrunk ?

Enjoy the honeymoon, it soon be over. Bojo is unfit for office. As are some of his mps.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 01:53 PM #2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
What the house shrunk ?

Enjoy the honeymoon, it soon be over. Bojo is unfit for office. As are some of his mps.

There is No Honeymoon.

The Northern Conservative MP's
connected well up north.
ref:BBC2HD Politics Live
Old 17-12-2019, 01:56 PM #2642
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Spoiler alert! I mention Corbyn a few times, so don't read if you can't stomach it!

I know exactly what you are saying and it is that those who voted Tory are idiots and stupid, its hard NOT to know what you are saying when you endlessly repeat it. You think they did so in the knowledge that it would be against their best interests. But you don’t consider the thought that they must have felt that voting for Corbyn and Labour would be worse for the country and their best interests and that is very, very telling indeed.
The general concensus, backed up by polls say that people cite the leadership as the main reason they didn’t vote for Labour. That is a devastating indictment of Corbyn yet you insist he is blameless. That is where you duck and dive and your argument falls down.

Johnson hasn’t had a chance yet, I could understand it if in a years time your dire predictions had all come true. You assume all Tory leaders and policies are going to be the same into infinity. Labour wasn’t always a carbon copy of itself - look at it under Tony Blair. So maybe people preferred to give Johnson a chance, seeing that the alternative was very obviously NOT what they wanted.

If the Labour party from now on keep choosing new leaders of the same far left, extremist, armchair revolutionary ilk, then they are going to be out of power for far longer than another 10 years. People don’t want it - this is the UK, not Russia...and they said so, loud and clear!
Accept it, reflect on where Corbyn and Labour went wrong and WHY people turned their back on them without resorting to the one -size - fits all 'idiots' and 'mass ignorance'. Stop blaming everyone else who used their right to vote how they saw fit without being looked down on by you.
You keep making out that I'm saying **** about Corbyn when I haven't even ****ed mentioned him unless you have prompted me to. YOU are the one trying to shove words down my throat. Control your goddamn obsession for once.

Your argument is that the public aren't foolish because.... they disregarded policies and experience and voted the Tories, not because doing so is beneficial to their existence.... But because they disliked Corbyn that much... You're not really making a compelling argument, buddy. You're just adding fuel to my fire that the public made a dumb decision based on bad faith and motivations.

Who is ducking and diving? You're the one that keeps focusing on **** I've not said so it's just another case of YOU projecting your own flaws onto me. Stop living in your fantasy world and actually argue against what I'm saying for once, come deal with reality for once.

Your next paragraph is basically 'We don't know so let's hope and pray he'll do well because hopes and prayers are more important than experience and analysis! He has been a terrible prime minister so far, the tories have been woeful since they took power at the start of the decade and the whole 'let's wait and see!' attitude is a waste of time when we already know what's ahead of us. Pretty much everything that's happened since 2016 has been predicted by analysts and experts that the Tories and their supporters have been desperate to ignore. I speak with confidence because, unlike most of the public, I am willing to pay attention to bad news and forecasts and learn from them. After all, you did have Micheal Gove telling leavers to disregard the words of experts because they weren't saying what leavers wanted to hear. There's no point in hopes and prayers, it's a nothing answer and a weak one to boot. No matter who's been leading the party since 2010, the path the Tory government has taken has been consistent. Constant cutting of funds of public services and the NHS, the demonisation of the vulnerable and the implementation of a predatory benefits system that thrives on punishing the people in need of it and more.

Whether it's Cameron, May or Boris, it's been the same and it will continue to be the same and it's foolishness to think otherwise when the writing is on the walls and it's been there for years. I value knowledge over living in ignorance and hoping for the best.

You keep acting offended by my words about the public by making out that I'm branding them with the same brush while it seems like anyone who disagrees with you is some sort of Corbyn stan when, if you actually paid attention to what I'm saying. You'd know that I ultimately don't give a **** about Corbyn. I voted for Labour because they had the most realistic chance of saving the NHS and public services which is the main issue I vote on. From now on, I will most likely vote Green unless Labour can rebuild itself into a party that can challenge Tories which I doubt will ever happen since the Tory Cult is in full operation and will never be convinced to vote for themselves and not for the benefit of their overlords. As always, you have real issues with projecting your own flaws onto other people. You don't have an opinion that doesn't involve Corbyn and I'm honestly a bit worried for you for when your main scapegoat steps down. What will you do without Corbyn? You have a real dependency issue when it comes to him.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:59 PM #2643

The PM is speaking Live
in Parliament now
Old 17-12-2019, 02:09 PM #2644

AM today
Conservative Cabinet Meeting
Old 17-12-2019, 02:10 PM #2645

The SNP Blackford
is now talking
Old 17-12-2019, 02:33 PM #2646
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default Thank the voters for ridding us of this grandstanding Parliament

It is fitting that almost all the MPs who reduced our politics to paralysis have lost their seats

The House of Commons returns today, and one of the most striking changes
will be who is no longer there.

John Bercow is tending to his new career as a television personality, replaced
as Speaker by the less self-aggrandising figure of Sir Lindsay Hoyle. From
Dominic Grieve and David Gauke to Sir Oliver Letwin and Philip Hammond, the
ex-Tory rebels are out, either losing their seats in doomed bids to win as
independents or having pre-emptively decided to leave politics for good.

Those Conservatives who defected to the Lib Dems to campaign for a second
referendum all failed in their attempts to re-enter Parliament. Remainer Labour
MPs for Brexit areas, meanwhile, were kicked out in their dozens.

These are the politicians responsible for turning the last parliament into a log-
jammed, paralysed mess. No constitutional norm or established procedure was
safe from their single-minded determination to thwart Brexit. They hoped to
keep Boris Johnson a prisoner in Downing Street, incapable of moving forward
with his agenda and yet unable to go to the country for a new mandate.

That aspect of their plan fell apart when the Liberal Democrats and the SNP
decided to accept the need for a general election, pressuring Labour to do
the same. In the parallel universe where the general election never happened,
we would be staring at a miserable Christmas of yet more stasis followed by
yet another failure to get Brexit done in January.

It is small wonder that most of the country is relieved. The 365 Conservative
MPs who will take their seats today all ran on a platform of voting for Mr
Johnson’s Withdrawal Agreement, and the Prime Minister has been clear that
he wants to complete negotiations for the trade deal by the end of next
year. The Government has also indicated that it will repeal the Fixed-Term
Parliaments Act, the ill-conceived piece of legislation that enabled the
dysfunction of the past few years.

The people really to be congratulated, however, are the voters. With a few
exceptions, particularly on the Labour front-bench, last Thursday’s election
saw nearly all of those MPs who turned the last parliament into a chaotic
sixth-form debating society of self-indulgent grandstanding and undemocratic
manoeuvring removed from office. For all the talk of the country’s constitution
being broken, at least one part of it has worked exactly as it needed to.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...ng-parliament/
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 02:50 PM #2647

Default General Election on Thursday Dec 12th : Conservative Win

Quote:

Clearly not .. he had great success and achieved an awful lot at Uni not least a degree in one of THE hardest subjects..

Last edited by Zizu; 17-12-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 17-12-2019, 03:00 PM #2648
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Can a good mod rename this thread to tory w@nkathon?
Old 17-12-2019, 03:03 PM #2649

The House Of Lords
on her first woman speaker
at the first walk to the House of Lords
you buggered her words up reading the wrong sheet.

Also
Johnson PM is looking to reform the House of Lords

Last edited by arista; 17-12-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 17-12-2019, 03:11 PM #2650

Quote:
He has a degree in classics...

Are you really qualified to judge him on his degree ?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
12th, confirms, conservative, debate, dec, december, election, general, johnson, johnsonpm, pm, thurs, thursday, win