Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #26
arista

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i'm almost hoping for some Brexit discussion
Tomorrow , I think
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:24 AM   #27
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I'm struggling with it now tbh
...Josy.....

Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:55 AM   #28
GoldHeart

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
The Circle 2018: Alex
CBB21: Shane Lynch

Quote:
i'm almost hoping for some brexit discussion
Shows just how bad things are if you miss the Brexit discussions !!!
Old 12-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #29
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
It’s stressing me out and getting me down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
us depressed dollies winning rn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Yeah my sons school friends are all talking about it....he told me they are saying things like "I don't want to lose my dad but he will die as he has asthma" etc.
you guys we do seem to be over bombarded with information that we could live quite well without knowing

I have changed my work radio listening to a music station, cant take any more of the constant virus talk, not even Brexit did this to me

Last edited by Cherie; 12-03-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #30
thesheriff443
thesheriff443

Quote:
Sending love and bog rolls x
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #31
Cal.
Mean McLean

Location: Laura sprays a bottle of ‘Shh...’ by Jade Goody at Georgina

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage
Love Island 5: Maura

Why is the media SO obsessed with it
Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #32
arista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post

It Sells Papers
gets more watching Live Shows on TV.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:04 AM   #33
LeatherTrumpet
Stonk member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
because we all are too
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #34
Strictly Jake
I am coming to get you...

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
X Factor Celebrity: V5
Strictly 2019: Kelvin Fletcher

Although I have been anxious about all of this for the past week I think the past 24 hours have played havoc with my mental health. I keep bursting into tears at work im just pleased that I work by myself otherwise people will wonder whats going on. Im just getting more and more worried about everything. The usual atmosphere of day to day life has gone people are having to act different and we are having to live our lives day by day to hear the next set of instructions

On top of that my wife could give birth at any point I dont know how all of this is going to affect it.

Also I have a cough and I do feel a bit warm but I dont know whether to go off work or to see how the symptoms progress because if it is nothing what if I go back after 7 days and then catch it? Will they allow me to be off again? I just dont know what to do and Im just not in a great place again! I was doing ok for a good few months
Old 17-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #35
LeatherTrumpet
Stonk member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post
Although I have been anxious about all of this for the past week I think the past 24 hours have played havoc with my mental health. I keep bursting into tears at work im just pleased that I work by myself otherwise people will wonder whats going on. Im just getting more and more worried about everything. The usual atmosphere of day to day life has gone people are having to act different and we are having to live our lives day by day to hear the next set of instructions

On top of that my wife could give birth at any point I dont know how all of this is going to affect it.

Also I have a cough and I do feel a bit warm but I dont know whether to go off work or to see how the symptoms progress because if it is nothing what if I go back after 7 days and then catch it? Will they allow me to be off again? I just dont know what to do and Im just not in a great place again! I was doing ok for a good few months
get a digital thermometer and test yourself to see if you have a fever and do it NOW
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #36
caprimint
another vice

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Adam
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BB19: Lewis G
DOI 2019: James Jordan

This is literally why Boris doesn't want the whole country to stop
Old 17-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #37
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post

Jake, go to your manager and tell him you have a cough, and also that your wife is pregnant, I don't think you should be working even if you didn't have a cough because of the pregnancy
Old 17-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #38
bitontheslide
self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Jake, go to your manager and tell him you have a cough, and also that your wife is pregnant, I don't think you should be working even if you didn't have a cough because of the pregnancy
i second that, i would even say, just tell your boss you wont be coming in for the next 7-14 days, it's not something that should be up for discussion

Last edited by bitontheslide; 17-03-2020 at 09:37 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #39
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020

Favourites:

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...d.php?t=365800

BOTs kindly found the info I was searching for you Jake
Old 17-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #40
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
This is literally why Boris doesn't want the whole country to stop
It comes to something when I find myself, while not exactly entirely agreeing with Boris, definitely seeing where he's coming from. The social and economic impact of Covid, I think we will come to see as time goes by, is going to absolutely dwarf the health impact and the balance has swung HEAVILY in favour of medical advice over socioeconomic advice, because there's a general feeling of "What are you talking about? That stuff doesn't matter right now, we need to save as many lives as possible!".

I fear that, because there's no "test for it", people don't realise just how many lives are going to be lost or ruined in the process.

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #41
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord

Quote:
i second that, i would even say, just tell your boss you wont be coming in for the next 7-14 days, it's not something that should be up for discussion
The problem is, this really depends on people's economic situation. Not all employers are paying sick leave. Today I had someone tell me that they called in to their work in my lovely old industry - bookmakers, public facing, cash transactions, maily elderly customers - telling them that they had all of the symptoms and should be self-isolating, AND they live in the South of England where cases are highest... ... ... got told "No we're short staffed already, get your arse in, if you do go off we're not paying sick pay".

Now unless the contracts have dramatically changed since I left, that's not even actually true - it would be 2 days no pay then full sick pay - however, his line manager is telling him he won't get paid and basically, many people are just not in the position to be able to say "Oh well never mind". People still need to eat and most people have zero savings .

Again I just have to thank bebe jesus that I'm in a small, employee-focussed social enterprise with full ability to work from home now... and not having to navigate this absolute ****-show as a retail manager. I strongly suspect most of the high street will go under anyway.

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #42
Nicky91
Nickeh

Favourites:
Strictly 2019: Emma Weymouth
Strictly 2018: Lauren Steadman
Apprentice 2018: Sian
BB18: Raph

even though corona does not affect my own life that much, i somehow feel more stressed, easily agitated than normal, also more getting tired possibly of hearing on the news about corona, nothing else than corona

also does not help my parents yelling, arguing at each other (not about me but still not a fun atmosphere i am in)

so yes i find corona affecting me kinda mentally, my apologies if i had not my been usual fun self lately

#SayNoToAllFormsofRacism

Host of the DWTS Nickyfied Fantasy Simulator
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #43
AnnieK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
even though corona does not affect my own life that much, i somehow feel more stressed, easily agitated than normal, also more getting tired possibly of hearing on the news about corona, nothing else than corona

also does not help my parents yelling, arguing at each other (not about me but still not a fun atmosphere i am in)

so yes i find corona affecting me kinda mentally, my apologies if i had not my been usual fun self lately
Aw Nicky, its a challenge for everyone at the moment. Sorry your folks are struggling - it is hard having to spend all your time cooped up together.

You need make no apologies, I am sure pretty much everyone has had low times during this - I can go from loving it to hating it in 0.6 seconds multiple times a day
Old 20-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #44
Babayaro.
A moment, a love

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science
BB3: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post

sweetie king
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19, covid, health, mental