Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-11-2020, 05:20 AM #2876
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

The Trump administration is trying to bring back firing squads and electrocutions for some federal executions...

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/d...utions-2020-11
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 06:26 AM #2877
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Alf, admit it, you only came back to the forum to spam right wing conspiracy theories
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 06:46 AM #2878
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Alf, admit it, you only came back to the forum to spam right wing conspiracy theories
You're implying that the President of the United States of America is a right wing conspiracy theorist. Think about that for a moment and question if reality has left you.

I came back because my ban had finished.

Last edited by Alf; 26-11-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 07:00 AM #2879
Sod orf

Sod orf

You see? this is The President of the United States saying this. Just because the media is telling you different, doesn't mean they're right.

Old 26-11-2020, 07:21 AM #2880
Sod orf

Sod orf

If Trump was a fascist dictator, would Twitter be allowed to put those disputed messeges on his tweets?

Would news stations be allowed to cut him off during an address to the nation and accuse him off being a liar?

It looks to me like America and their democratically elected President are under attack.
Old 26-11-2020, 07:22 AM #2881
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
You're implying that the President of the United States of America is a right wing conspiracy theorist.
Anyone who has been paying the remotest attention to Trump's twitter feed knows that he is, indeed, a right wing conspiracy theorist. No help from the media needed... He's right there for all to see.

As are you self-admittedly Alf, the first thing you started talking about when you came back was QAnon like you thought it was some grand new discovery that people wouldn't have heard of .

Anyway. The most bizarre part of this is that they think if they win in court, Trump then wins the election. There is absolutely no way to prove which way the supposedly fraudulent votes were cast, and thus, if they get the rsultnoverturned it doesn't mean Trump wins... It means the election is null and void and they have to start over. A truly horrific outcome for the US and a constitutional catastrophe. Not good for anyone at all.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 07:31 AM #2882
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If Trump was a fascist dictator, would Twitter be allowed to put those disputed messeges on his tweets?

Would news stations be allowed to cut him off during an address to the nation and accuse him off being a liar?

It looks to me like America and their democratically elected President are under attack.
No-one who's sensible and/or knows what the words actually mean thinks Trump is a fascist dictator.

I don't think Trump was cheated out of a win, but I wouldn't be surprised either. Most political systems are corrupt af, but that doesn't mean corruption was the reason Trump lost, I think the reason Trump lost was ... Trump.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 07:42 AM #2883
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Anyone who has been paying the remotest attention to Trump's twitter feed knows that he is, indeed, a right wing conspiracy theorist. No help from the media needed... He's right there for all to see.

As are you self-admittedly Alf, the first thing you started talking about when you came back was QAnon like you thought it was some grand new discovery that people wouldn't have heard of .

Anyway. The most bizarre part of this is that they think if they win in court, Trump then wins the election. There is absolutely no way to prove which way the supposedly fraudulent votes were cast, and thus, if they get the rsultnoverturned it doesn't mean Trump wins... It means the election is null and void and they have to start over. A truly horrific outcome for the US and a constitutional catastrophe. Not good for anyone at all.
You just make things up, don't you? What utter drivel. What Is it that makes you believe that you're in possession of the truth as to why I made a Q thread? Only I know that truth.

Who's the conspiracy theorist now?

Last edited by Alf; 26-11-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 07:46 AM #2884
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It means the election is null and void and they have to start over. A truly horrific outcome for the US and a constitutional catastrophe. Not good for anyone at all.
And that probably would lead to a Trump win, because people who don't pay much attention would think he lost solely due to the fraudulent votes...

Last edited by Oliver_W; 26-11-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 07:53 AM #2885
-

-

Quote:
You just make things up, don't you? What utter drivel. What Is it that makes you believe that you're in possession of the truth as to why I made a Q thread? Only I know that truth.

Quote:
Who's the conspiracy theorist now?
Still you Alf, did you have a tough time away?
Old 26-11-2020, 07:56 AM #2886
Sod orf

Sod orf

So I take it you're all going to be rejecting the evidence that's coming out, no matter what? And are putting your trust in the madia narrative? Would I be right in saying that?
Old 26-11-2020, 07:56 AM #2887
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
And that probably would lead to a Trump win, because people who don't pay much attention would think he lost solely due to the fraudulent votes...
Frankly, I think it would lead to the partial collapse of US democracy, as you couldn't run a second election without electoral reform. If Trump is successful then he is successful in demonstrating that the US electoral system is broken or at least irredeemably flawed, and running a repeat election under the same system would be pointless; it would simply be challenged, again, by the losing side.
Old 26-11-2020, 07:59 AM #2888
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

Still you Alf, did you have a tough time away?
umm indeed!
Old 26-11-2020, 08:00 AM #2889
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Frankly, I think it would lead to the partial collapse of US democracy, as you couldn't run a second election without electoral reform. If Trump is successful then he is successful in demonstrating that the US electoral system is broken or at least irredeemably flawed, and running a repeat election under the same system would be pointless; it would simply be challenged, again, by the losing side.
To be fair when Trump won through the electoral college people were calling for reform anyway, so that'd make them happy

Old 26-11-2020, 08:00 AM #2890
-

-

Quote:
So I take it you're all going to be rejecting the evidence that's coming out, no matter what? And are putting your trust in the madia narrative? Would I be right in saying that?
If the evidence is evaluated and presented from an unbiased source then I'll certainly take it seriously. If it's coming from the Trump campaign and Republican mouthpieces then it's not so much that I'm not interested at all, as that I simply don't have the time or inclination to wade through hundreds of pages of text presented on a Republican platter.

"We have evidence!!! It was RIGGED!!" isn't news, Trump has been tweeting this since election night. If/when a court says "Umm actually they do have evidence..." and something changes, that will be news.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:02 AM #2891
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
If the evidence is evaluated and presented from an unbiased source then I'll certainly take it seriously. If it's coming from the Trump campaign and Republican mouthpieces then it's not so much that I'm not interested at all, as that I simply don't have the time or inclination to wade through hundreds of pages of text presented on a Republican platter.

"We have evidence!!! It was RIGGED!!" isn't news, Trump has been tweeting this since election night. If/when a court says "Umm actually they do have evidence..." and something changes, that will be news.
Tell me what an unbiased source is to you?

Last edited by Alf; 26-11-2020 at 08:02 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:04 AM #2892
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
No-one who's sensible and/or knows what the words actually mean thinks Trump is a fascist dictator.
Hmm, I think he would quite like to be one, I think his admiration (jealousy?) for how Kim Jong is able to rule is evident, however thus far it APPEARS that the US constitution is robust enough to stop him from actually being able to rule as an autocrat.

If Alf is right and he is indeed able to manipulate the US legal system to the extent that he's still in the White House come February, then I think he'll be further emboldened.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:06 AM #2893
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

But saying that Biden is already President when officially, he isn't yet, is outright lying. Why don't you ever question that with the same passion as you have the Trump claims?

Last edited by Alf; 26-11-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:07 AM #2894
-

-

Quote:
Tell me what an unbiased source is to you?
There's no such thing as a totally unbiased news source however I will accept reporting of facts (actual rulings, actual things happening) from any source so long as they're verifiable. Claims and speculations are not legal rulings and so any insistence from any source about "Wot This Means" is going to be biased wishful thinking and garbage. That's on either side.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:07 AM #2895
-

-

Quote:
But saying that Biden is already President when officially, he isn't yet is outright lying. Why don't you ever question that with the same passion as you have the Trump claims?
I literally haven't seen anyone claim that Biden is already president - unless you're confused about what the term "President Elect" means.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:12 AM #2896
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I literally haven't seen anyone claim that Biden is already president - unless you're confused about what the term "President Elect" means.
Boris Johnson has claimed it along with some other World leaders, not all of them though. Biden has been on the phone with Johnson discussing future plans. Not to mention the media who have already called the result for Biden.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:18 AM #2897
-

-

Quote:
Boris Johnson has claimed it along with some other World leaders, not all of them though. Biden has been on the phone with Johnson discussing future plans. Not to mention the media who have already called the result for Biden.
Yes that is how the US election system works; the associated press call the result and the assumed winner is declared President Elect which means the assumed future President of the United States. "President Elect" does not mean "Elected President" though I think the term is confusing to some people. They are not officially elected until the Electoral College meets, and they are not sitting president until January 20th. The result can change and has done in the past; this has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the associated-press-called candidate is referred to as President Elect... for example, Al Gore was President Elect.

I think maybe there's also a misconception that the associated press "calling" an election and declaring President Elect is some new or out-there thing that's just happening in 2020 "because no one likes Trump" and that they have "no right" to do so. It's been part of the US election status-quo since 1848.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 26-11-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 06:54 PM #2898
Sod orf

Sod orf

"The Plot against the President" Documentary. I believe you can watch it on Amazon.

Old 26-11-2020, 07:00 PM #2899
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
"The Plot against the President" Documentary. I believe you can watch it on Amazon.

I might look it up, I presume it's under comedy?

Mike Cernovich is a cook.

He starts talking around 1.50

Old 26-11-2020, 07:02 PM #2900
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
You're going to be really pissed when you find out Flynn was fired.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2020, 3rd, biden, election, joe, nov, president, trump, usa