Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-03-2020, 09:11 PM #26
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Let’s just all talk about the pandemic then...and ignore everything else that’s going on...
Yes you’re right, let’s pull apart a couple on the internet instead. Much more productive use of our time.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 AM #27
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Yes you’re right, let’s pull apart a couple on the internet instead. Much more productive use of our time.
"Member when life was simple and we just used to be 'outraged' and tear into a young family all day for kicks? I member... Let's do that again..."
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:26 AM #28
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Look at all the posts in this thread ripping the couple apart.

There’s none, a coupe of members trying to stop others having an opinion.

You are embarrassing yourselves.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:31 AM #29
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Tbf its more members pulling other members apart, given the possibility of Harry and Megs ever laying eyes on this thread is zero per cent

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:42 AM #30
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post

It's OK, if we start really embarrassing ourselves the mods will delete it and everyone will have to pretend that it never happened.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:43 AM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Let’s just all talk about the pandemic then...and ignore everything else that’s going on...
Yes, because complaining about a couple who didn't ask for Trump to pay their security is just as important.

We are in unprecedented times, **** like this is pointless.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:43 AM #32
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Yes, because complaining about a couple who didn't ask for Trump to pay their security is just as important.

We are in unprecedented times, **** like this is pointless.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:43 AM #33
Adios

Adios

Quote:

And yet here you are insulting everyone as per. What exactly do you contribute to threads?

Old 01-04-2020, 10:44 AM #34
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's OK, if we start really embarrassing ourselves the mods will delete it and everyone will have to pretend that it never happened.
If you got a problem go and ask the mods, don’t come on here trying to get a reaction.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:46 AM #35

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:

It has nothing to do with Harry and Megan, it's the accepting Donald Trump is right (in this instance) about not funding their security. It's pretty simple, of course the American tax payer shouldn't fund Harry and Megan's security, however some people's hatred of Trump will not allow them to agree with him, no matter the circumstances.

If you're against Trump, want him gone, arguing things like this (when deep down everybody knows he's correct here) isn't going to help your cause, makes you look silly. Go after him for other, more controversial topics.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:47 AM #36
Adios

Adios

They didn’t ask for America to pay for security though?

Old 01-04-2020, 10:51 AM #37
-

-

Quote:
If you got a problem go and ask the mods, don’t come on here trying to get a reaction.
The mods are too inconsistent to be worth talking to, I have nothing to say to them at the moment.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 01-04-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:53 AM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
They didn’t ask for America to pay for security though?
Trump just easing the concerns of the US taxpayer, nothing wrong with that. Actually a clever move on his part.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:58 AM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Trump just easing the concerns of the US taxpayer, nothing wrong with that. Actually a clever move on his part.
Oh yes, in the midst of an economic downward spiral that's wiping billions from the economy literally by the hour, the population will be able to relax when they find out that Trump isn't going to give up some pocket lint for celeb security... when no one even asked him to in the first place.

Honestly, it's like saying someone going bankrupt and being evicted from their house will have their concerns eased by finding 5p on the pavement .
Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 AM #40

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Oh yes, in the midst of an economic downward spiral that's wiping billions from the economy literally by the hour, the population will be able to relax when they find out that Trump isn't going to give up some pocket lint for celeb security... when no one even asked him to in the first place.

Honestly, it's like saying someone going bankrupt and being evicted from their house will have their concerns eased by finding 5p on the pavement .
You are falling right into his trap by arguing this, to people undecided/on the fence over Trump, when they see you having a pop at him, when on paper, and the headline people will read, is perfectly reasonable, it'll have some thinking 'well that's just ridiculous, why are you fighting him on this, maybe he's not all that bad, some people will just fight him over anything'.

Don't allow hatred to mask over logic. Because trust me, what the left are doing right now isn't exactly working is it. The proof is there.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:13 AM #41
-

-

Quote:
You are falling right into his trap by arguing this, to people undecided/on the fence over Trump, when they see you having a pop at him, when on paper, and the headline people will read, is perfectly reasonable, it'll have some thinking 'well that's just ridiculous, why are you fighting him on this, maybe he's not all that bad, some people will just fight him over anything'.

Don't allow hatred to mask over logic. Because trust me, what the left are doing right now isn't exactly working is it. The proof is there.
The forum is 99% British I don't think I'm going to swing the vote.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:15 AM #42

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
The forum is 99% British I don't think I'm going to swing the vote.
I'm generalising. Thousands will be saying 'yeah but', and that's where they're going wrong.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:45 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Ah, the old Right Wing masked as centrism play of false equivalence to make the left look as bad as the right for calling out blatant bull****.

They never asked for Trump to foot the bill, he said so to grandstand and win some love from his gullible voters. People will call him out and so they should. He is a world leader and he should be open to criticism when he ****s up.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:56 PM #44

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Ah, the old Right Wing masked as centrism play of false equivalence to make the left look as bad as the right for calling out blatant bull****.

They never asked for Trump to foot the bill, he said so to grandstand and win some love from his gullible voters. People will call him out and so they should. He is a world leader and he should be open to criticism when he ****s up.
Ah the old 'if you don't agree with my beliefs you're wrong, ill informed' etc. The old 'you're allowed a voice, but if your way of thinking differs from mine you're irrelevant'. The old 'everybody's free, live and let live, respect others, we must unite, but only if you live how we think you should'. You make the left look bad, that ideologically makes the left look bad. I don't need to say or do a damn thing!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM #45
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Ah the old 'if you don't agree with my beliefs you're wrong, ill informed' etc. The old 'you're allowed a voice, but if your way of thinking differs from mine you're irrelevant'. The old 'everybody's free, live and let live, respect others, we must unite, but only if you live how we think you should'. You make the left look bad, that ideologically makes the left look bad. I don't need to say or do a damn thing!
You seem to have read everything into what I said except for what I actually said.

Nothing you say relates to what I said at all. You should focus on making sense before you try to flip things back on me.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:32 PM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
You seem to have read everything into what I said except for what I actually said.

Nothing you say relates to what I said at all. You should focus on making sense before you try to flip things back on me.
Nah, this is bigger than a throwaway (clever/manipulative) comment from Trump. People like you are reason the left in the US, and the UK is in toilet atm. Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they're your enemies, doesn't mean they support Trump, doesn't mean they're right wing. I have never voted in my life, i've never felt strongly enough either way, i am central when it comes to politics, i can agree with both left and right on certain subjects, policies and agendas. You will not silence me or discredit me! Centralism in politics is under attack, and it's mainly by the left and i for one am sick of it. Respect others ffs, respect and be open to accepting others opinions. Be open minded. Don't argue EVERYTHING just because what's said doesn't suit you.

And before anyone says im going off topic, im not, my original point rings true, i was simply using a Trump comment (which is useless in truth) as an example of how the left accept nothing, and no one who don't agree with them. All you have done is proved my point. Carry on that way, and see how it works out for you, because right now it's not doing wonderfully well is it?!

Stop letting your hatred and self entitlement cloud your judgement. Accept others and they will accept you!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:34 PM #47
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Nah, this is bigger than a throwaway (clever/manipulative) comment from Trump. People like you are reason the left in the US, and the UK is in toilet atm. Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they're your enemies, doesn't mean they support Trump, doesn't mean they're right wing. I have never voted in my life, i've never felt strongly enough either way, i am central when it comes to politics, i can agree with both left and right on certain subjects, policies and agendas. You will not silence me or discredit me! Centralism in politics is under attack, and it's mainly by the left and i for one am sick of it. Respect others ffs, respect and be open to accepting others opinions. Be open minded. Don't argue EVERYTHING just because what's said doesn't suit you.

And before anyone says im going off topic, im not, my original point rings true, i was simply using a Trump comment (which is useless in truth) as an example of how the left accept nothing, and no one who don't agree with them. All you have done is proved my point. Carry on that way, and see how it works out for you, because right now it's not doing wonderfully well is it?!

Stop letting your hatred and self entitlement cloud your judgement. Accept others and they will accept you!
Are you okay?
Old 01-04-2020, 02:00 PM #48

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Are you okay?
Yes? Are you?

See how your 'ego' can't allow you to at least read, mull over what i said? How you can't add your opinion, rather just assume there is something wrong with me?

Last edited by Swan; 01-04-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:36 PM #49
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Though provoking post Swan

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:39 PM #50
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

Quote:

good points
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
pay, security, sussex’s, trump, won’t