Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 25-04-2020, 08:54 AM #1
Nah

Nah

Default S12, Episode 9 - "Choices 2020" (spoilers)

Just watched it and Untucked too, and the results were fair I believe.

It's quite something to watch the "big dogs" not doing well for a few episodes while the "under estimated/underdogs" are turning the table and are shining. Last week it was Heidi, this week it's Jaida who fully deserved that win!
And Crystal coming out of nowhere again with that performance AGAIN, I live for it.

A strange sight also to see two queens wearing strong outfits as powerful statements (both outfits were fab!) and ending in the bottom. But both deserved their spot there. Widow tried hard and failed again, and Jackie wasn't great.

In regards to Widow, that was predictable and sad at the same time. Heidi summed up perfectly on Untucked what happened. She thought she was "that" bitch and the competition got to her. Now that's tough but hopefully it humbles her a little bit at the same time. And she can always try to do better on All-Stars if given the chance.

And Raven is always a breath of fresh air to watch. God I love her so much!

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 25-04-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 09:18 AM #2
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

bye

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 11:07 AM #3
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Gigi "I'm too scared of politics to engage with it uwu" Goode's inevitable redemption arc (as the season pivots back towards fashion-orientated challenges like the makeover) to her pretty much inevitable Zoom crowning is going to be so tedious and I'm not sure I can be bothered

Spoiler:

Old 25-04-2020, 11:31 AM #4
Nah

Nah

A Zoom crowning though

Btw Gigi being casted for the Werq The World live stream thing is just as obvious as Aquaria touring in Europe a week before they crowned her But okay WoW, do your thing I suppose.
Gigi is pretty much the only one locked in top 4 right now (or top 3 if Sherry ever made it) I just wish Crystal, Heidi and Jaida complete the final 4 and take Sherry out of it.

I fear Jaida is about to have the same fate as A'Keria C. Davenport last year though. Strong throughout, very polished queen that won two challenges only to end up into the "pageant queen" trap. I hope not.
Old 25-04-2020, 11:35 AM #5

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Gigi is definitely getting her redemption now. I’d imagine there will be another 3 challenges with a double Save somewhere, likely makeover, acting and design
I can see her track record going like Win,High,Win
I feel like her storyline would’ve been interesting though if she did Lipsync this week, I’m sure they could’ve edited it to make it look like she won - then Itd be more of a redemption

Last edited by lewis111; 25-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.
lewis111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 11:45 AM #6
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

just watched it

tbh it was a bit boring, I HATE anything politics related.. and it was so messy idek who did a good job and who didnt, theres always that weird line of how funny is it supposed to be and how serious is it supposed to be.

The runways were all pretty good again, although I wasnt keen on Gigi's fancy dress shop outfit. It was nice to see Jaida bag herself a win, I honestly didnt know who was gonna win this ep.

Gigi's little 'tear' moment was dumb.. I feel like my level of uninterest for her is at the point that whatever she does I find myself thinking "ugh"

I feel bad for Widow, she knew she was plateauing and it must suck to have the judges be like "you're a star, you have to love yourself" while theyre criticizing everything about you.. ultimately Jackie probably won the lipsync, she was lucky she had some nice flowy fabric to wave around.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 25-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 11:55 AM #7
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

the mini challenge as cats was a scream

Spoiler:

Old 25-04-2020, 12:17 PM #8
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Gigi being safe over Jackie... yikes they really are not holding back with the rigging for her.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 12:58 PM #9
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Gigi "I'm too scared of politics to engage with it uwu" Goode's inevitable redemption arc (as the season pivots back towards fashion-orientated challenges like the makeover) to her pretty much inevitable Zoom crowning is going to be so tedious and I'm not sure I can be bothered
Yeah it's so annoying cos this season would be so much better if they weren't making it so obvious who the pre-select was.

I would've put Gigi in the bottom over Jackie this week, arguably her second week in a row where she should've been lip-syncing but was saved for a redemption arc.
Old 25-04-2020, 01:54 PM #10
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
just watched it

tbh it was a bit boring, I HATE anything politics related.. and it was so messy idek who did a good job and who didnt, theres always that weird line of how funny is it supposed to be and how serious is it supposed to be.

The runways were all pretty good again, although I wasnt keen on Gigi's fancy dress shop outfit. It was nice to see Jaida bag herself a win, I honestly didnt know who was gonna win this ep.

Gigi's little 'tear' moment was dumb.. I feel like my level of uninterest for her is at the point that whatever she does I find myself thinking "ugh"

I feel bad for Widow, she knew she was plateauing and it must suck to have the judges be like "you're a star, you're have to love yourself" while there criticizing everything about you.. ultimately Jackie probably won the lipsync, she was lucky she had some nice flowy fabric to wave around.
Girl WHAT?!

I thought it was the best episode of the season, Jaida was an absolute scream and carried the challenge.

I feel like Gigi should have definitely been in the bottom; surprise surprise at her not being

Glad widow has gone now, that lip sync was great and Jeff goldblum crying at it was a scream
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 02:07 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):

Gigi should have been bottom 2 this week and her looks on the runway are becoming very, very predictable! Almost always involving a hat and some sort of androgynous, costumey element to her looks which is great once in a while, but not every time. Is it just me that thinks the runway looks this season are extremely mediocre? It's been 9 episodes and I haven't really been wowed by many at all.

Good week for Jaida Essence Hall. Goldblum definitely had a huge boner for her and, tbh, I don't blame him. Jackie's performance in the challenge was decent and I think she got read too harshly for it. I'm trying to avoid the risk of sounding intolerant or blind to Jackie's issues but I'm honestly a bit over her speaking so profoundly about her mother/heritage every single episode? It feels very overdone considering I don't particularly get the feeling that it makes ANY difference to the outcome/storyline of the show or any redemption arc for Jackie.

I enjoyed the challenge and I thought everyone had some good funny moments minus Sherry Pie. The riffing and improv has been quite good this season. It's not necessarily a challenge I'd rush to watch again, but definitely watchable and definitely induced some laughs. The season started off kinda weak but that could be down to the 2 Sherry wins. I think it's definitely improved since Snatch Game. The last 3 episodes have been great.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 02:11 PM #12
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
but I'm honestly a bit over her speaking so profoundly about her mother/heritage every single episode?.
swear she said in an earlier ep her parents didnt accept her being gay? or did I imagine that

Spoiler:

Old 25-04-2020, 02:15 PM #13
Nah

Nah

Also, I feel for Heidi because she's carrying the complete fun part of the season on her back. Scoliosis is coming her way at any second.
Old 25-04-2020, 02:17 PM #14
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

one of the worst episodes of the season for me, this season is not shaping up well. I enjoy politics but this wasn’t it, they’ve done the same task before in season 4 and it was much better.

i’m dotting for heidi and jaida to snatch the crown
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 03:16 PM #15
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

At least we have another lipsync assassin candidate for a future allstars in Widow </3 (not seen the episode, just the results)

Quote:
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 03:22 PM #16
Banned

Banned

I thought it was a good episode although Jackie had no business being in the bottom while Gigi was safe. Jaida and Heidi were pretty sensational.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 03:34 PM #17
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
At least we have another lipsync assassin candidate for a future allstars in Widow </3 (not seen the episode, just the results)
I agree for the first two lipsyncs, but that last one was not on the same level. I felt like she just shouted and moved hysterically around the stage being angry as hell. I suppose she was fed up with the whole experience at that point.

Jackie felt the song and embodied it better, with the plastic bag and some humor. And her outfit helped I guess.
Old 25-04-2020, 03:40 PM #18
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
I agree for the first two lipsyncs, but that last one was not on the same level. I felt like she just shouted and moved hysterically around the stage being angry as hell.
IA with this, like, know the song girl, it’s not a hollering kind of song
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 04:22 PM #19
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Jan last week gave a Katy Perry lip sync to a Chaka Khan song; Widow this week gave a Chaka Khan lip sync to a Katy Perry song

Spoiler:

Old 26-04-2020, 04:22 AM #20
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched it! Great episode in all, really enjoyed the debate even though it felt a little rushed and hectic. I know Sherry is obviously cancelled but I have to say I'm confused at her being chastised by judges and viewers for doing "Katharine Hepburn / the old lady" shtick for a third challenge again when there were:

- Jokes about Crystal/El DeBarge for the 900th time
- Heidi whistling through her gap for the second week in a row
- Gigi being a robot again

At least Sherry was funny with her answers and engaged with Rachel and Jeff well (don't get me wrong, Heidi and Crystal deserved their high placements, but we need the consistency hunnies!) I especially adored the queens' overreaction to Widow's closing statement and also Heidi falling over and being unable to keep a straight face re: Heidi's "LOOK OVER THERE"s, and Rachel/Jeff were particularly good (although at him taking the time to reflect on Islam's approach towards women/the gays when Jackie literally just wants her ****in' aunt to come over)

Jackie did a good enough job... her Canadian missteps were mildly funny and not at all predictable, and her runway should certainly have saved her for the political statement alone... but Gigi had her entrance look in a different colour and a producer's dick in her ass, so, whatever.

I do wish the queens were allowed a little more room to be political instead of being told at gunpoint to trot out the same dick and drag jokes for RuPaul's senile ****ing head to cope with, but maybe one of them would have brought up fracking so perhaps it was for the best... but no in all seriousness, Ru's workrooms now are just.. mean. Shutting queens down immediately with a [THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE WITH MY SAME 4 JOKES] "MAKE IT FUNNY" is really not even remotely constructive, and although Raven was a little helpful it just... was a massive waste of camera time altogether.

As was the Dahlia broccoli moment again. When will this show learn to stop trying to force a meme upon the first eliminated queen? No one remembers Soju, no one will remember Dahlia. Let it be.

As for the lipsync... Twitter fans really oversold it double shantay? Girl. Calm down. Widow completely emulated a different song and Jackie was just... camp and acting the lyrics out literally at points. That ain't special

Quote:
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 08:14 AM #21
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Shutting queens down immediately with a [THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE WITH MY SAME 4 JOKES] "MAKE IT FUNNY"

Spoiler:

Old 27-04-2020, 02:05 AM #22
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Wasn’t a fan of the challenge itself but I really liked the runway looks. Jackie’s look and speech moved me to tears, I have family from the middle east so I was really connecting with what she was saying. Loved Heidi, Crystal, Sherry and Jada. Gigi didn’t wow me in the challenge but her runway look was nice. Poor Widow definitely let the competition get to her as the weeks went on.

Last edited by Gstar; 15-03-2021 at 05:34 PM.
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 01:15 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just watched it! Great episode in all, really enjoyed the debate even though it felt a little rushed and hectic. I know Sherry is obviously cancelled but I have to say I'm confused at her being chastised by judges and viewers for doing "Katharine Hepburn / the old lady" shtick for a third challenge again when there were:

- Jokes about Crystal/El DeBarge for the 900th time
- Heidi whistling through her gap for the second week in a row
- Gigi being a robot again

At least Sherry was funny with her answers and engaged with Rachel and Jeff well (don't get me wrong, Heidi and Crystal deserved their high placements, but we need the consistency hunnies!) I especially adored the queens' overreaction to Widow's closing statement and also Heidi falling over and being unable to keep a straight face re: Heidi's "LOOK OVER THERE"s, and Rachel/Jeff were particularly good (although at him taking the time to reflect on Islam's approach towards women/the gays when Jackie literally just wants her ****in' aunt to come over)

Jackie did a good enough job... her Canadian missteps were mildly funny and not at all predictable, and her runway should certainly have saved her for the political statement alone... but Gigi had her entrance look in a different colour and a producer's dick in her ass, so, whatever.

I do wish the queens were allowed a little more room to be political instead of being told at gunpoint to trot out the same dick and drag jokes for RuPaul's senile ****ing head to cope with, but maybe one of them would have brought up fracking so perhaps it was for the best... but no in all seriousness, Ru's workrooms now are just.. mean. Shutting queens down immediately with a [THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE WITH MY SAME 4 JOKES] "MAKE IT FUNNY" is really not even remotely constructive, and although Raven was a little helpful it just... was a massive waste of camera time altogether.

As was the Dahlia broccoli moment again. When will this show learn to stop trying to force a meme upon the first eliminated queen? No one remembers Soju, no one will remember Dahlia. Let it be.

As for the lipsync... Twitter fans really oversold it double shantay? Girl. Calm down. Widow completely emulated a different song and Jackie was just... camp and acting the lyrics out literally at points. That ain't special
WOW THIS TEA.

Everything in this post is spot-on. I agreed with Sherry being read for the Katharine Hepburn regurgitation but why is it ok for Heidi to whistle through her teeth every episode but not for Sherry to also repeat what has worked for her in the past?

I thought Jackie had some great jokes/puns with regards to her Canadian shtick. The Trudeau comment, poutine gag and national anthem mix-up were all great examples of how Jackie used her existing knowledge to create clever jokes beyond glitter or shablamming.

I didn't like how promptly and aggressively Ru shut down Crystal's arts and crafts idea before even listening to what she had to say. Unfortunately, as amazing as Crystal is doing in the competition I get the sense that Ru is really clipping her wings and making her think the only way she can impress the judges is to reference her hair.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 01:17 PM #24
Banned

Banned

I am so done with them trying to make Dahlia a meme, it's not happening.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 06:22 PM #25
Nah

Nah

Ru pushing the same jokes, his workrooms getting weirder, doing the same challenges, trying to make memes out of nothing and also the judges panel having not changed for a while just shows that it's time to reshape some things for future seasons.

Ru was really unbearable in the workroom, and it looks like there's only one type of Drag Queen allowed anymore.
I mean, in its essence Drag is supposed to shake things up, change people's perspectives, develop new art forms...and now I feel like the show is a little stuck in its own format and it could really make some Drag Queens out there feel that they're not doing well if they don't "MAKE IT FUNNY" the way Ru sees it.

But at this point, I don't see Ru changing anything because he knows the fandom is huge, it still brings a lot of money, and really right now he's the 'Queen of Drag'.
That's my two cents about it, maybe I'm talking rubbish

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 27-04-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
choices 2020, episode, s12, spoilers