Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 04-05-2020, 06:38 PM #26
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
One of the greatest, even one of the funniest, episodes ever, and introduced one of the best characters too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I totally forgot about
Spoiler:

Better Call Saul so when I first saw this Saul character introduced I was like ohhh, riiight
Just watched this episode, it was amazing! Funniest episode so far. Poor Walt and Jesse, having to pay 80k to prevent Badger from going to jail. I screamed when they kidnapped Saul and threatened him, only for Walt to expose his identity when he coughed.

They're so lucky their plan worked in the end. They were so close to being busted, although they may not be out of the woods just yet judging by Hank's face when they arrested the fake Heisenberg. Saul is awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of him. He must be a fantastic and popular character if he was able to have his own spin-off show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:33 PM #27
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Episode 9 done, another great episode, very powerful and quite emotional.

Jesse's stupidity is a scream, leaving the keys in the ignition switch, unaware that it is drains the vehicle's battery, leaving him and Walt stranded in the middle of nowhere. And then using their remaining water to douse out the generator when it catches on fire when they attempted to jump start the vehicle. God knows what would've happened had Jesse been there all alone. He has a lot to thank Walt for.

That ending tho when Walt goes violently ballistic.

Quote:

Last edited by Tony Montana; 04-05-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:40 PM #28
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Just finished episode 11. Didn't think any episode could top 6 but boy i was wrong! 11 is easily the best episode yet! Jersey, you were right, all the episodes from 8 onward are incredible.

I felt really sorry when Combo got killed at the start by that little kid, that was so unexpected. Disappointed with Jesse dealing with Combo's death by smoking meth, not even going to his funeral, I get he's feeling guilty but that's not the way to deal with it. What a shame! And it's bad that he got Jane to relapse again, and her introducing him to heroin. They're both a bad influence on each other.

Gus made his first appearance and what a great first appearance it was, he completely stole the episode, despite his limited screen-time. The scene of him and Walter discussing their business at his restaurant was great TV. The ending was the best when Walt rushed to Jesse's house, finds him and Jane in a heroin induced state, gets all of the meth, plans to deliver it to a truck stop within an hour in exchange of 1.2 million cash. A spanner is thrown in the works when Skyler goes into labour at the exact same time, leaving Walter having to decide what to do.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 PM #29

Omg yess Tony, how could I forget that two of the funniest episodes ever (Better Call Saul/4 Days Out) aired back to back of each other May have even been my two favourite episodes out of them vs the ones that aired before them . That scene where Walt impulsively thinks up a plan B to stall Hank so their framing mission goes to plan is one of the funniest, most wittiest scenes I've seen, both from a writing standpoint and the standpoint of what led Walt to come up with it . "HAAAAAAANK, I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUUUU ^___^".

And then 4 Days Out, it shown Walt/Jesse were more than just two people arguing, there was some real care in that episode not really seen as much beforehand, mixed with some really funny traditional jokes to make it one of my all time favourites . Walt Jr. may be Walt's son, but Jesse is Heisenberg's son .
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:57 PM #30
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

God I love this show
Old 04-05-2020, 11:59 PM #31
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

I was gonna just leave it at that but:

Season 3 Episode 7
Spoiler:

****ing craaaaaaaaaaaaazy ending, Hank getting attacked in the parking lot by Tuco's 2 cousins
Old 05-05-2020, 12:01 AM #32
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Just finished episode 11. Didn't think any episode could top 6 but boy i was wrong! 11 is easily the best episode yet! Jersey, you were right, all the episodes from 8 onward are incredible.

I felt really sorry when Combo got killed at the start by that little kid, that was so unexpected. Disappointed with Jesse dealing with Combo's death by smoking meth, not even going to his funeral, I get he's feeling guilty but that's not the way to deal with it. What a shame! And it's bad that he got Jane to relapse again, and her introducing him to heroin. They're both a bad influence on each other.

Gus made his first appearance and what a great first appearance it was, he completely stole the episode, despite his limited screen-time. The scene of him and Walter discussing their business at his restaurant was great TV. The ending was the best when Walt rushed to Jesse's house, finds him and Jane in a heroin induced state, gets all of the meth, plans to deliver it to a truck stop within an hour in exchange of 1.2 million cash. A spanner is thrown in the works when Skyler goes into labour at the exact same time, leaving Walter having to decide what to do.
Oh YESSSS episode 11 is one of my favorites too. Entire second half is incredible I think 10 was the one kinda filler episode for me but I can't remember for sure. I assume maybe it was for you too since you didn't comment on it? But amazing all-around in the second half of season 2

Edit: actually I think 9 & 10 were both a little bit filler-esque for me but I did still enjoy it all

Gus is a reeeeally interesting character addition

Last edited by JerseyWins; 05-05-2020 at 12:03 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:38 PM #33
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Omg yess Tony, how could I forget that two of the funniest episodes ever (Better Call Saul/4 Days Out) aired back to back of each other May have even been my two favourite episodes out of them vs the ones that aired before them . That scene where Walt impulsively thinks up a plan B to stall Hank so their framing mission goes to plan is one of the funniest, most wittiest scenes I've seen, both from a writing standpoint and the standpoint of what led Walt to come up with it . "HAAAAAAANK, I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUUUU ^___^".

And then 4 Days Out, it shown Walt/Jesse were more than just two people arguing, there was some real care in that episode not really seen as much beforehand, mixed with some really funny traditional jokes to make it one of my all time favourites . Walt Jr. may be Walt's son, but Jesse is Heisenberg's son .
That was such a genius move from Walt.

Yeah, they have a better relationship and more of a father/son bond than Walt and Walter Jr have.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2020, 02:38 PM #34
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Oh YESSSS episode 11 is one of my favorites too. Entire second half is incredible I think 10 was the one kinda filler episode for me but I can't remember for sure. I assume maybe it was for you too since you didn't comment on it? But amazing all-around in the second half of season 2

Edit: actually I think 9 & 10 were both a little bit filler-esque for me but I did still enjoy it all

Gus is a reeeeally interesting character addition
It was good, but not great like the other episodes were. Probably the weakest episode of season 2. 9 was fantastic tho. Deffo a top 5 episode.

Yeah, Gus is amazing and he's only been in one episode.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2020, 02:44 PM #35
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Omg episode 12's just as good, if not better, than 11.

Jane is such a little bitch blackmailing Walt into giving her and Jesse the latter's half of the money. I did think she was just using Jesse and would steal his money, but that ending tho when Walt let her die after she'd overdosed.

Such a powerful and important episode.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2020, 04:48 PM #36
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Finally finished season 2. What a perfect conclusion to an incredible season! The acting in this episode was beyond fantastic. Bryan Cranston (Walt), Aaron Paul (Jesse) and Anna Gunn (Skyler) gave unreal performances.

It was heartbreaking when Donald, Jane's father, arrived at her apartment, saw the ambulance and began to weep. It was like he knew what had happened before he even saw it, and a day he'd been dreading. It was too much. I couldn't handle it when Jesse broke down to Walt and blamed himself for Jane's death, leaving Walt to feel nothing but guilt. I was hoping he'd confess then and there but sadly he couldn't bring himself to do it.

I do understand Skyler's frustration with Walt keeping secrets from her, but she needs to understand it's for her and the kids' benefit.

Mike made his first apprentice, apparently he's a very popular and important character so looking forward to seeing more of him. Dude seems like a complete badass on first impressions.

Roll on season 3.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2020, 04:49 PM #37
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Also, poor Donald at the end.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2020, 05:03 PM #38
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Jane & Donald </3 Heartbreaking finish for the season but really well done & moving. I really thought Jane would be around for longer

Also it was small & not that important but I like how they had Walt meet Donald at the bar tho without knowing who each other were Small world type scene

Now you need to slow down Tony, you're catching up to me (although I'm now at Ep 10 & gonna get into it pretty soon)

Overall I actually think both S1 & S2 are better than S3 (so far) but 3 still keeps on going strong too. Every episode in all 3 seasons is good in some way... even the slower episodes, there's just really great moments & 'little things' put into the story constantly that are hard to not appreciate. The overall story keeps enhancing too so I can't wait to get through more

Quote:
That scene where Walt impulsively thinks up a plan B to stall Hank so their framing mission goes to plan is one of the funniest, most wittiest scenes I've seen, both from a writing standpoint and the standpoint of what led Walt to come up with it . "HAAAAAAANK, I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUUUU ^___^".
Quote:
That was such a genius move from Walt.

Yeah, they have a better relationship and more of a father/son bond than Walt and Walter Jr have.
Loved this too. In S3 there's some incredible distraction & stalling type scenes throughout. Just awesome But this one might still be the best cause it was really funny too
Old 05-05-2020, 07:42 PM #39
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Episode 10 lol @

Spoiler:

The episode revolving around Walt (& then Jesse too) trying to kill a fly in their workplace Def a filler episode yet they made it work. Beginning was actually pretty hilarious

Oh & ironic after I just mentioned it but them getting back to Jane’s death & Walt meeting Donald at the bar that night
Old 06-05-2020, 05:40 PM #40
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Prob saving it to watch later but awww man ****s about to go DOWN in the S3 finale
Old 06-05-2020, 08:26 PM #41
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Up to episode 2.

Oop @ Skyler finally discovering what Walt's been doing all this time, how did she figure it out. And then threatening to expose his secret to Hank and their kids if he doesn't agree to their divorce smh.

Loved it when Jesse bought his parents' house. I had a feeling he may do it when his father told him they were selling the place and was delighted when he did. What a boss! They weren't expecting that, the look on their faces was priceless.

I'm very intrigued by those two hitmen. They haven't uttered a single word yet they're so fascinating, you want to know so much about them. When they killed all those people in the truck and blew it up when walking away, not even looking back. Epic!

Gus was amazing again despite his limited screen time. The look on his face when Walt told him he was out of the business, the look of anger, disgust and disappointment, he clearly doesn't take no for an answer. And when he said to Walt ''enjoy your meal'' what he really meant was ''you ****ed up big time'' Such an awesome character!

Quote:

Last edited by Tony Montana; 06-05-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:54 PM #42
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

What a ****ing bitch Skyler is! Firstly calling the cops on Walt and then shagging Ted. And then straight up telling Walt after he shows her the money he's made, rubbing it in his face when he tells her how happy he is now that he's been honest with her.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:58 PM #43
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What a ****ing bitch Skyler is! Firstly calling the cops on Walt and then shagging Ted. And then straight up telling Walt after he shows her the money he's made, rubbing it in his face when he tells her how happy he is now that he's been honest with her.
You are forgetting Walt is the bad guy here, poor Skylar got unjust hate I thought

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:43 PM #44
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
You are forgetting Walt is the bad guy here, poor Skylar got unjust hate I thought
How is Walt the bad guy? What he's doing is for a good cause, he's not doing it for fun or because he's bored, he's doing it so that his family can have a good life after he dies. Skyler's been nothing but selfish, childish and unfair with how she's been treating Walt, even after he's confessed everything.

Quote:

Last edited by Tony Montana; 06-05-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:49 PM #45
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Whilst Skyler was frustrating and quite spiteful at times, I've got to agree with Niamh in that she is a very over-hated character.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:46 AM #46
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

The Walt/Skyler situation is pretty complicated tbf. On one hand, Walt was doing it for the good of his family (treating his cancer, having money for them) but he was still hiding a whole other life from her for a while & what he's doing is illegal obv & a lifestyle someone like uptight Skyler would NOT be about On the other hand, Skyler knows Walt's intentions too and was being a bit shady & stubborn in ways (and of course the stuff with Ted). I think you can kinda blame/defend both in some ways.

I like Skyler's character tho, interesting

Slightly spoilery for S3 on Skyler:
Spoiler:

Tbf Skyler's attitude gets a lot more tolerable in S3 and she does a lot for Walt & goes through the forgiving process well for the situation she's in.

On another note, the finale of S3 is GOOD AF! I'd say especially ~the first 10 & last 10 mins have INCREDIBLE scenes

General character notes from S3:

- I'm starting to really love Mike.
- Saul is probably my favorite character lowkey even tho he hasn't even been all that relevant in S3 (& kinda in general)... just funny, my kind of side character that I'd also love in a BB type show lol
- Jesse is getting very complex, a lot of good with the bad with him. Also been one of my fave characters since the start.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 07-05-2020 at 06:57 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:58 AM #47
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How is Walt the bad guy? What he's doing is for a good cause, he's not doing it for fun or because he's bored, he's doing it so that his family can have a good life after he dies. Skyler's been nothing but selfish, childish and unfair with how she's been treating Walt, even after he's confessed everything.
By getting involved in illegal activities without telling his family. Also we'll talk more when you're further in

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:11 PM #48
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Gus revealing to those two psychotic hitmen about Hank killing Tuco and giving them permission go after him instead of Walt.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2020, 05:44 PM #49
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Omg episode 7 is the best episode of season 3 yet. The acting performances from everyone, especially Aaron Paul (Jesse) and Dean Norris (Hank), was phenomenal.

Poor Jesse, being beaten to near death by Hank was shocking, brutal and so depressing. The look on Hank's face after realising what he's done and stopping before he almost killed him I really felt for both of them in that scene, you couldn't pick who to side with. And then Jesse telling Walt and Saul that he was gonna make Hank pay for what he's done at the hospital is some of the best acting I've ever seen. Such a powerful scene. I'm glad he doesn't go through with it in the end and instead resumes his partnership with Walt.

That opening flashback was so hard to watch, with those two hitmen, cousins Leonel and Marco as kids. Their uncle almost killing Marco must've been a very traumatic experience for both, and the start of a violent life.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2020, 05:57 PM #50
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Holy **** i posted my thoughts too quick above. That ending tho, what a ****ing boss Hank is, killing Leonel and Marco after their failed attempt on his life. What an amazing scene!

I wonder who warned him on the phone tho.

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, breaking, watching