Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 12-06-2020, 08:46 PM #1
Nah

Nah

Default RPDR AS S5 E2 - "I'm In Love!" (spoilers)

The All Stars form 3 competing girl-groups to compose lyrics, choreography and perform the new, pop crush anthem “I’m In Love!”.

Guest Judges: Madison Beer and Tessa Thompson
Main Challenge: Write, record, and choreograph a performance to "I'm In Love!" on the mainstage.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 13-06-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 08:30 AM #2
Nah

Nah

The results are correct and logical. Shea's performance and runway were the best, I don't see anyone who came close.
But really that challenge was a little cringe and not so good. Shea ate them.

Another powerful lip sync, even though I thought Alyssa was a bit...off compared to what we know she does?
It's always amazing to see Alyssa on TV though, she is always a laugh!

Ongina really voted for herself though A bit sad to see her go because you can tell she's so genuine and wanted to be on AS so bad.

Oofff next week Mama Alexis is about to put Miz in her place!
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 08:50 AM #3
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

It's been seven hours and I'm still thinking about Shea's lip sync... where! is! her! crown?!

(I'm also still thinking about how much I detest Miz Cracker, but let's focus on the positives for now)

(oh and I just remembered Mariah's Finding Dory whale call, so now I'll be thinking about that for the next seven hours )

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 09:56 AM #4
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I feel like I’m watching Gigi Goode all over again with Blair.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:02 AM #5

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

I kinda loved Blair this episode. Her look and performance were both really good and I liked how she randomly called out Cracker out of no where and called her egotistical and hard to work with whilst sitting right next to her.

Shea this episode though. Absolutely incredible, so talented yet not at all big headed - and that runway look was everything!!
Old 13-06-2020, 10:47 AM #6
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:

another great episode, I know it's only episode 2 but this season is shaping up good bitch.

sad to see her go but ongina definitely was the weakest link, shea wowed me!! the challenge, the look and the lipsync? she killed all three. In terms of runway looks they were all great, I struggled to find major faults in any. miz cracker is becoming more irritating it'll be fun seeing her take on alexis next week. on the topic of alexis any else think she was worthy to be in the top this week? I thought she killed it.

excited for the design challenge they're one of my favourites

Last edited by Samm; 13-06-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:49 AM #7
we

Favourites:

we

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Another powerful lip sync, even though I thought Alyssa was a bit...off compared to what we know she does?
It's always amazing to see Alyssa on TV though, she is always a laugh!
Same I thought that, maybe it was just because shea was that good. but to be honest alyssa could just be standing there speaking and i'll live.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 12:39 PM #8
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Why was last week a bottom two and this week a bottom 3?
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 12:52 PM #9
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Did anyone else see how small Ongina was compared to Mariah on the runway? And how tiny her Balenciaga's were during rehearsals, lol.

Last edited by Braden; 13-06-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 02:01 PM #10
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

Hmm I feel like I have a lot to moan about this week

was an alright ep, this was probably one of my least favourite musical numbers though, the song was terrible.

Mariah didn't deserve to be bottom 3.. a bottom 2 of just Ongina and India would've been fine.

I really didn't like Blairs runway, it felt very "look how different and unique I am!"

Crackers runway was so off.. that bit at the front?? she couldn't even see She should have been bottom 3 over Mariah tbh. Her whole attitude is getting on my nerves, SO cocky for such an average talent. Also in her confessionals she looks like shes just run a marathon and come in all red and sweaty and nearly crying.

Shea absolutely killed it this episode, she was the only one who delivered a decent verse for the song and her lipsync was flawless. Alyssa was pretty tame I thought! A VERY deserved win this week!

Juju, Mariah and Alexis all had great runways too!

also, this wasn't anything big but because I'm so salty it really bugged me how India was bigging up Yvie at the start, it felt very un-organic, I feel like producers made her say that hmm..

Overall I did enjoy the ep even though I've just slagged off most of it I like Ongina but she was definitely the weakest link this week, it was her time. Next weeks ep looks good with some drama

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 13-06-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 02:05 PM #11
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

also didnt one of the pointer sisters die like days ago?

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 03:17 PM #12
Banned

Banned

It was an okay episode I guess, I hated the challenge and I hated the focus on Cracker who I like less and less every time I see her.

I agree with the bottom three for the most part although it shouldn't have been a bottom 3. Ongina was pretty underwhelming so I don't care that she left.
the challenge was just underwhelming and only Shea really excelled but almost everyone's runway was really good (Except for Serena-I mean, Cracker). Mariah and Shea's looks were sensational and Shea's lipsync was amazing, I was honestly expecting her to get washed out against Alyssa since Shea's lipsync skills in her season were average at best but she turned it.

I though Alyssa's performance felt a bit muted for someone who has took part in two classic lipsyncs but it was still a good lipsync for Shea's performance alone.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 06:54 PM #13
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Watching it now.

They sure are amping up the Cracker villain edit and I am loving it some of the petty interactions between them all feel so forced, though, like Ongina not saying "good luck Cracker" or whatever. Whether they're being fed to say lines like this or not it's just embarrassing for the queens but Cracker making a point to want to whiteout and send Ongina home in E1 is just... so insanely above herself lmao. I feel like being around Bob and Monet her whole drag career has given her an inflated sense of worth.

Loving the banter between India's team Alexis and Jujubee are both just TV gold and so likeable. Shea's team just look a bit like Shea's backing dancers, but seem confident. And then, weirdly, the S10 girls seem to hate each other

"Music sensation Madison Beer"...

The challenge... is just... forgettable. No one really stands out. Not even Shea Most seemed comfortable, apart from Ongina and Mariah

Confusing runway theme. India's idea is nice. Love juju's dress, but the hair looks weird on her. Alexis embraces her skintone and then Blair... just puts on a monochromatic leather look that's just bright pink? why? Cracker's makeup, wig and train are stunning but the big screen just throws it off completely. I never noticed how amazing Mayhem's skin actually is, her face is just flawless. The runway is nice. Shea's is breathtaking. I really, really like Ongina's too, but it pretty much buries her skin and Mariah is basically a makeup goddess at this point, there's a reason she's called MUG4DAYZ.

As for the placements... I think Mayhem did a better job than Blair so I'd have placed her high over her. Can't really argue with the rest, although Mariah should be safe too.

I like that there's a bottom 3 though because it means both of the survivors still get to play in the drama of "who sends who home". It's smart to allow all queens to vote, including those up for the chop.

Ongina giving up is heartbreaking and makes me hate Cracker more for planting those seeds in the damn first place. And then the nerve to take that as justification for saying it in the first place? What a ****. That said... there's really no other choice for who to go home; neither Mariah nor India did THAT badly and all 3 brought it to the runway

I've never really rated Alyssa as a lipsyncer so it's not that surprising she loses here. I mean, she lost against Roxxxy and she lost against Tatianna but was allowed to stay both times because she's TV gold she just goes for stupid over-acted moves that have nothing to do with the song or its emotion.

I used to find Ongina irritating but she's been a sweetheart this season, and I'm so sad to see her go. Loved her bowing out with a revival of her MAC Viva Glam challenge-winning speech

Next week looks fun! Alexis/India/Juju being a team again and Alexis coming for the villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 03:58 AM #14
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Why did Ongina literally spend 11 years campaigning to return just to give up because she was in the bottom two weeks in a row

Shea is amazing and if she doesn't win this season it'll be another Shangela/Manila moment tbh. Her, Jujubee and Alexis are probably my ideal top 3.
Old 14-06-2020, 09:20 AM #15
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

This was OK but I really didn’t enjoy the challenge or song. Shea obviously did the best and her runway/lip sync were stunning too but she didn’t get much of an edit, I was expecting a Blair or Cracker win based off the edit.

Cracker is ATROCIOUS omg. I wasn’t the biggest fan of her during S10, she really isn’t as talented nor funny as she thinks and the fact she compared herself so much with Aquaria is just laughable. I’m fully here for a fall from grace storyline for her because she has no reason to warrant the support she gets from fans.

Poor Ongina her head didn’t seem in it though so it’s probably for the best that she’s gone so early. The whiteout comment from Cracker was completely uncalled for though, if she’s resorting to mind games to win hopefully it’ll come back to bite her in the ass

Shea/Jujubee/Alexis are my faves atm, although Blair was pretty great this episode too.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
e2, im in love, rpdr, s5, spoilers