Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #26
Toy Soldier
I'M LI'L JAWN!
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 26,780
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Propaganda because its Chinese to be honest,same as the accusations against Huawei. This is 100% political and essentially a trade sanction, it has nothing to do with data protection.

Now... Being generally pro-sanctions against China is a perfectly valid choice, but call it what it is, rather than pretending that China is out to "hack da planet!!" by harvesting data from the phones of 15 year olds. Can you imagine anything more mind-numbing.

*in a bunker somewhere in the Chinese wilderness, a spectacled Chinese IT specialist makes a call*

"Mr President... I have most important information to share. Suzie kissed Robbie with tongues but JUST LAST WEEK she said she was going exclusive with John. Yes Mr President. I understand. We will continue to monitor the situation. I can tell you that, so far, both Heather and Julia are shook."
__________________

___________________________________
Christ, I'm a sidewinder
I'm a California King.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #27
Vanessa
The Italian Job
 
Vanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Posts: 94,643

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Stephen Bear
IAC2016: Adam Thomas
Strictly 2016: Danny Mac
X Factor 2016: Matt Terry


Default

I don't use it, so I'm not too fussed either way.
__________________
Vanessa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #28
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 54,732

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default

Maybe they should ban all of Zuckerberg apps seeing as the deal he has with Trump
__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #29
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default TikTok might be banned in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Tik tok is a haven for animal cruelty videos ,Ide be happy for it to be banned, some morons think they are funny

https://www.medicaldaily.com/tiktok-...l-abuse-450103


Animal cruelty ?!?

Please explain ..

Iíve seen quite a few animals clips but theyíve all been really heartwarming ones or ones showing amazingly clever animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 10-07-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #30
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry. View Post
So does YouTube sometimes so I say ban the people and fined them not the site.


Exactly !!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #31
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The app is basically malware, from what I've heard.


Iíve had zero issues ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #32
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I remember reading that someone had reversed engineered the app and it was filled with **** to track everything on your phone.

It's quite naive and gullible to believe that a chinese owned property is not being compelled by the government to share it's data with them.

TikTok should be banned.


Sounds like another conspiracy theory tbh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #33
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Propaganda because its Chinese to be honest,same as the accusations against Huawei. This is 100% political and essentially a trade sanction, it has nothing to do with data protection.

Now... Being generally pro-sanctions against China is a perfectly valid choice, but call it what it is, rather than pretending that China is out to "hack da planet!!" by harvesting data from the phones of 15 year olds. Can you imagine anything more mind-numbing.

*in a bunker somewhere in the Chinese wilderness, a spectacled Chinese IT specialist makes a call*

"Mr President... I have most important information to share. Suzie kissed Robbie with tongues but JUST LAST WEEK she said she was going exclusive with John. Yes Mr President. I understand. We will continue to monitor the situation. I can tell you that, so far, both Heather and Julia are shook."


This ^^^^^


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 01:57 AM   #34
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #35
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

USA Secretary Pompeo’s Travel to the U.K.
he will advise the UK to Shut Down Tik Tok.



He is on his way.

Tik Tok is banned in India.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #36
The Slim Reaper
It's a me.
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 8,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
USA Secretary Pompeoís Travel to the U.K.
he will advise the UK to Shut Down Tik Tok.



He is on his way.

Tik Tok is banned in India.
Why is he coming to tell us this? I'll never use tik tok, but it's none of his god damned business.
__________________


Spoiler:



The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 08:07 PM   #37
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Why is he coming to tell us this? I'll never use tik tok, but it's none of his god damned business.

To thank the UK for Stopping Huawei
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 05:10 PM   #38
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #39
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
USA Secretary Pompeoís Travel to the U.K.
he will advise the UK to Shut Down Tik Tok.



He is on his way.

Tik Tok is banned in India.


Thank gawd for VPNs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #40
Toy Soldier
I'M LI'L JAWN!
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 26,780
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Thank gawd for VPNs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If it's shut down in the UK and the US then there'll be nothing to watch on it anyway. It'll probably shut down or go Asia-only.
__________________

___________________________________
Christ, I'm a sidewinder
I'm a California King.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 10:16 PM   #41
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default TikTok might be banned in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
If it's shut down in the UK and the US then there'll be nothing to watch on it anyway. It'll probably shut down or go Asia-only.


Then a similar one will just fill the vacuum ?

Didnít TicToc more or less replace Vine ??

Iím no expert by any means but couldnít all the parties/participants just use a VPN to upload and view clips ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 21-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #42
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 20,447

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Trump and his cronies didn’t care about TikTok until they got dunked on by its users, they’re so transparent it’s pitiful
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 02:58 AM   #43
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Trump and his cronies didnít care about TikTok until they got dunked on by its users, theyíre so transparent itís pitiful
Also Biden wants TikTok banned.


Donald Trump says he is looking at BANNING TikTok
amid fears it can be used by
China to spy - and after Joe Biden's campaign staff are told to delete it



https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...NG-TikTok.html
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:02 AM   #44
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

Times Radio DAB
just reported
Breaking News

Trump to sign an order to ban TikTok,
in USA.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:30 AM   #45
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,316
Default

arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #46
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Trump and his cronies didnít care about TikTok until they got dunked on by its users, theyíre so transparent itís pitiful


So whatís happened suddenly to spark this decision from Trump ??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #47
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 54,732

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default

So its being banned today in the States
__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #48
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 54,732

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default

Microsoft is trying to buy it though
__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #49
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 20,447

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
So whatís happened suddenly to spark this decision from Trump ??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
People on there trolled his rally, people have gotten famous on there by mocking him, he doesnít like that people on there donít like him me they openly make fun of him, heís a big baby
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #50
Swan
Senior Member
 
Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 1,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
People on there trolled his rally, people have gotten famous on there by mocking him, he doesnít like that people on there donít like him me they openly make fun of him, heís a big baby
Im not defending him, but he gets mocked on every daily tv show, on every social media platform going, what makes TikTok so special?
__________________
"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass." - Bruce Lee
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
banned, tiktok

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts