Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2020, 11:02 AM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
People have predicted this since the off. They were all called racist on account of Meghan being half black. Because you can't dislike a person who has some black heritage even if you don't know the person from Adam except for seeing them on TV, have never met them and are never likely to.
I don't think most Megan haters are racist. I think they're snobs-by-proxy who don't think an American actress who doesn't come from wealth is "good enough for arr Prince" - and like to rage about it whilst spilling warm Carling and last night's kebab all over their morning Daily Mail. It's quite funny.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:04 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

To the day I die, I’ll never understand the outrage over a 30 odd year old man, moving out of his grandmothers house to support and protect his wife and child, it’s truly baffling.

Last edited by Liam-; 27-07-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:06 AM #28
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
To the day I die, I’ll never understand the outrage of a 30 odd year old man, moving out of his grandmothers house to support and protect his wife and child, it’s truly baffling.
The Royals aren't people, or even an active monarchy, they're the playthings of the bog average Brit and that damn yank bitch came and stole one of our toys. It's more or less that simple. He's ours, she took him without permission, and we're all oh-so-angry.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:07 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I don't think most Megan haters are racist. I think they're snobs-by-proxy who don't think an American actress who doesn't come from wealth is "good enough for arr Prince" - and like to rage about it whilst spilling warm Carling and last night's kebab all over their morning Daily Mail. It's quite funny.
What a snobbish post...and the one above too.

Last edited by jet; 27-07-2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:07 AM #30
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
That's a massive generalisation, even by your standards, TS. I had no thoughts either way about her at the start, I was just happy to see Harry look so happy and in love. But it didn't take long to see what was going to happen. And what I and a lot of other people thought, has happened. And I don't drink Carling nor do I eat kebabs or read the Mail.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:08 AM #31
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What a snobbish post.
Pigeon hole people who disagree with you. It's the new way, jet.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:09 AM #32
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
The Royals aren't people, or even an active monarchy, they're the playthings of the bog average Brit and that damn yank bitch came and stole one of our toys. It's more or less that simple. He's ours, she took him without permission, and we're all oh-so-angry.
Maybe you need to sit down in a quiet room, TS. This has obviously affected you a lot more than any of us thought.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:13 AM #33
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
It would better
if Meghan did a Deal with a Legit magazine
and gave Exclusive photos
and an interview.

I say Meghan as she is in charge
I agree, people would be really mature about it if they gave an exclusive "our story" to a magazine.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:14 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
True, the audacity people have to believe we own these people because they happen to be born to a certain family, couldn’t be me
Old 27-07-2020, 11:14 AM #35
-

-

Quote:
What a snobbish post...and the one above too.
I'm feeling snobbish, picky and unpleasant today. Is it a problem? It seems to sometimes be a problem and other times acceptable, I'm struggling with "the line" today .

WAIT I think I see it now.

We can be snobbish, picky and unpleasant about Megan Markle and also Harry until he divorces her (then we shall feel sorry for him and bring him back into the fold). Everyone else (especially Royal Shills, Daily Mail readers, and the painfully thick "public") is off limits.

Sorry I didn't get the email. Seen and understood now.

It was probably sent to the spam folder by that ****ing Markle woman
Old 27-07-2020, 11:14 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's a massive generalisation, even by your standards, TS. I had no thoughts either way about her at the start, I was just happy to see Harry look so happy and in love. But it didn't take long to see what was going to happen. And what I and a lot of other people thought, has happened. And I don't drink Carling nor do I eat kebabs or read the Mail.
Same Livia, I was delighted for them at the start. I thought Harry had at last found happiness. Now I'm worried for him - I shouldn't be, because he's a grown man who has made his bed, but I am.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:15 AM #37
-

-

Quote:
Same Livia, I was delighted for them at the start.
Yes I remember all of your enthusiastic and hopeful posts about it.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:18 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

And I think there is a large portion of hatred directed at Meghan because of her race, obviously not all of it, some of it is because she’s American, because she’s not from a privileged background and because she’s a woman who has an independent voice and can think for herself, women can only be accepted into the royal circle if they’re robotic and do as they’re told, when they’re told to do it, they’re not allowed personalities or a free thinking mind
Old 27-07-2020, 11:20 AM #39

Quote:
Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan ‘rejected offers to help protect Thomas Markle’
Roya Nikkhah, Royal Correspondent
Sunday July 26 2020, 12.00pm, The Sunday Times

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex blame the media for their broken relationship with Meghan’s father and his absence from their wedding, according to a new book.
Thomas Markle, 76, a retired lighting director who lives in Mexico, failed to attend their wedding after suffering from heart problems after it emerged that he had collaborated with paparazzi. A new biography of the Sussexes describes the saga in May 2018 as a “public drama” that made Meghan “feel embarrassed”.
In Finding Freedom, serialised in The Sunday Times today, a source close to the couple said of Meghan’s father: “He would have been at the wedding if the media had left him alone.” Meghan also told a friend: “He’s vulnerable. He’s been baited. A lot of the tabloid journalists have been coaxing him and paying him. I don’t know if he really even had a chance.”

However, in the latest twist surrounding the account of events presented in the book, palace aides told The Sunday Times that Harry and Meghan had refused to “engage” with Markle during their courtship and had rejected offers to help protect him.
It is understood the couple “repeatedly” ignored advice to meet Thomas Markle, before and after their engagement was announced in November 2017. They also rejected suggestions from aides about how to help Markle, who courtiers feared would be overwhelmed by media scrutiny without support from the couple and the royal family.

At the time of the Sussexes’ wedding, a senior royal source told this newspaper: “We repeatedly sat down with Harry and Meghan before the engagement announcement to say this needed to be handled sensitively, but that it had to be handled. We desperately asked them to engage with Thomas, but they wouldn’t. Aides also offered to go personally and see him to try and find a way to protect him. There is genuine disbelief and bemusement in the household at the couple’s approach to him and that Harry has still not met his father-in-law.”

Another aide said: “Thomas is troubled, but Harry and Meghan would not engage in the issue of going out to see him and for Harry to meet him. It was raised before their engagement and again constantly in the months afterwards, leading up to the wedding. Everyone knew it would be a huge issue that would explode if they didn’t address it and deal with it.”
It is thought that Meghan has not seen her father since she began dating Harry in the summer of 2016. The couple spoke to Markle on the phone and texted him during their romance, but the duchess ended all contact with him after their wedding. Harry has still never met Markle.

The mere fact that Harry hasnt yet met Mr Markle speaks volumes...If her father was so vulnerable, why wasnt she there for him.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:21 AM #40
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Same Livia, I was delighted for them at the start. I thought Harry had at last found happiness. Now I'm worried for him - I shouldn't be, because he's a grown man who has made his bed, but I am.
No jet. TS has decided we're both wrong, Carling drinking, Mail reading scumbags who think we own the royal family. So I guess we'll have to put up with more of his "comedy sketch" posts telling us how wrong we are. I'm yet to come across a subject he doesn't know all about.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:22 AM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes I remember all of your enthusiastic and hopeful posts about it.
I was on a long break from the fourm at the time. Sorry I didn't anticipate the future and rush back to post my delight for your benefit.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:23 AM #42
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Not content with chasing his mother to death, now they wanna chase his wife to death. I guess it would let them do "In memory of Meghan" special editions every other year like they do with Diana.

British tabloids make me ****ing sick.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:27 AM #43
-

-

Quote:
I was on a long break from the fourm at the time. Sorry I didn't anticipate the future and rush back to post my delight for your benefit.
I'm feeling honest today so I'm just going to say, I can see and appreciate what you're saying, but I don't believe you. I don't believe for one second that you ever liked Megan Markle as a partner for Prince Harry. I could pretend that I do but I feel like there's not really much point putting more bull**** out into the world.

Quote:
No jet. TS has decided we're both wrong, Carling drinking, Mail reading scumbags who think we own the royal family. So I guess we'll have to put up with more of his "comedy sketch" posts telling us how wrong we are. I'm yet to come across a subject he doesn't know all about.
Again in the spirit of honesty - I honestly see no flaws in this. I think people with a bee in their bonnet about Markle (or anything Royalty-related) is dumb and tabloid-lead and also yes I am arrogantly self assured so... can't really deny any of that. I appreciate that it might be annoying.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:27 AM #44
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett. View Post
Not content with chasing his mother to death, now they wanna chase his wife to death. I guess it would let them do "In memory of Meghan" special editions every other year like they do with Diana.

And yet, both Diana and Meghan have courted press attention continually. Funny that.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:29 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
The mere fact that Harry hasnt yet met Mr Markle speaks volumes...If her father was so vulnerable, why wasnt she there for him.
IMO because she had told the emotional and sensitive Harry a pack of lies about having no real family to get his sympathy and have him feeling 'protective' - a 'snare' tactic.
Remember he told the radio host that the Royals 'were the family she never had'.
It wouldn't do to meet her father before the ring was on her finger and find out she had been spoilt rotten, doted on and given every privilege by her family....
Old 27-07-2020, 11:29 AM #46
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

Again in the spirit of honesty - I honestly see no flaws in this. I think people with a bee in their bonnet about Markle (or anything Royalty-related) is dumb and tabloid-lead and also yes I am arrogantly self assured so... can't really deny any of that. I appreciate that it might be annoying.
Well, I was annoyed. Until this post freed me up to see you as an Irn Bru swilling, Broons reading haggis muncher with too much time on his hands.

Last edited by Livia; 27-07-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:30 AM #47
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I guess they will in the end, end up separating with how much intense scrutiny they get, how relentless it is...and then it’ll be the perfect happy ending because we knew it wouldn’t last anyway... we did predict, clever us...
Old 27-07-2020, 11:30 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett. View Post

Meghan loves publicity...but only if its on her terms.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:32 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I guess they will in the end, end up separating with how much intense scrutiny they get, how relentless it is...and then it’ll be the perfect happy ending because we knew it wouldn’t last anyway... we did predict, clever us...
Yep, people won’t be happy until they’ve terrorised them so much that it puts unrepairable pressure on them, then if they do separate, the ghouls can say they knew it all along, it’s what she always wanted, blahblahblahbritainfirstblahblahblah

Last edited by Liam-; 27-07-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:33 AM #50
-

-

Quote:
Well, I was annoyed. Until this post freed me up to see you as an Irn Bru swilling, Broons reading haggis muncher with too much time on his hands.
I don't understand how this is supposed to be offensive. Irn Bru, The Broons and Haggis are legitimately all great . I'm also not going to argue that I have far too much time on my hands, even though I'm actually on the clock right now buuut I will argue that anyone who is regularly posting on TiBB can only possibly be described as having too much time on their hands.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fight, harry, meghan, press, uk