Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:25 AM #1

Default Johnny Depp arrives at London Court taking on D.Wooten

He says he never beat up his
ex -wife.

Last edited by arista; 09-07-2020 at 07:01 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:29 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Yeah that was an odd story, with all the tapes etc that were released, seems like she was the abuser there though although wasn't there a first set of recordings that seemed to say he was the one? If so not sure he can sue them for lying as such?

*I may not have the full set of facts on this story

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:31 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Ha, I hope he wins, Dan Wooton is scum
Old 07-07-2020, 10:09 AM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah that was an odd story, with all the tapes etc that were released, seems like she was the abuser there though although wasn't there a first set of recordings that seemed to say he was the one? If so not sure he can sue them for lying as such?

*I may not have the full set of facts on this story
My take on the story is that they were both physically violent (and generally toxic) to each other throughout the relationship, but he "called time" first and stopped the violence, basically saying "we can't go on like this", but she continued being violent and (for whatever reason ) refused to even commit to ending the violence and even sort of suggested she liked things the way they were.

I don't think there's a clear-cut villain in the story really. I don't think either of them were good to each other, but I think she had her own issues that meant she saw the mutual violence and abuse as part of a "passionate relationship". It's sadly not all that uncommon.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:12 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
My take on the story is that they were both physically violent (and generally toxic) to each other throughout the relationship, but he "called time" first and stopped the violence, basically saying "we can't go on like this", but she continued being violent and (for whatever reason ) refused to even commit to ending the violence and even sort of suggested she liked things the way they were.

I don't think there's a clear-cut villain in the story really. I don't think either of them were good to each other, but I think she had her own issues that meant she saw the mutual violence and abuse as part of a "passionate relationship". It's sadly not all that uncommon.

So Dan Wooton's Source
was right then.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:20 AM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

All sounds very messy and depressing

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 07-07-2020, 11:00 AM #7
Banned

Banned

Amber Heard seems quite psychotic tbh. That relationship was a ****show from what we've heard but she seemed to be the worse of the two. She chopped off part of his finger, she laughed in his face about how no one would believe him and then she profited from the Metoo movement despite being an abuser herself.

I read a book a while back, it became a TV show but I've not watched it called Big Little Lies and what we know of their relationship reminds me of an abusive relationship in that book where the victim feels less like a victim because she fights back and she sometimes trades him blow for blow but it doesn't make her less of a victim.

Given what we know of Amber Heard's actions and how manipulative she was and how she bragged about being manipulative, I'd say she was the main abuser in that relationship.

She's an awful human being, I feel particularly hateful towards her because I believed her and her actions make people doubt other victims. She's just a **** of a human being.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:08 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Amber Heard seems quite psychotic tbh. That relationship was a ****show from what we've heard but she seemed to be the worse of the two. She chopped off part of his finger, she laughed in his face about how no one would believe him and then she profited from the Metoo movement despite being an abuser herself.

I read a book a while back, it became a TV show but I've not watched it called Big Little Lies and what we know of their relationship reminds me of an abusive relationship in that book where the victim feels less like a victim because she fights back and she sometimes trades him blow for blow but it doesn't make her less of a victim.

Given what we know of Amber Heard's actions and how manipulative she was and how she bragged about being manipulative, I'd say she was the main abuser in that relationship.

She's an awful human being, I feel particularly hateful towards her because I believed her and her actions make people doubt other victims. She's just a **** of a human being.
I haven't read the book but I watched the show, it's really good, great cast as well.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-07-2020, 01:13 PM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

Quote:
I haven't read the book but I watched the show, it's really good, great cast as well.

...obviously with Johnny Depp and Amber Heard we’ve only had the toxicity reported ...but what Big Little Lies showed so well was the loving party of the relationship as well...she was aware of his control but they had an intense love as well...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:23 PM #10
Banned

Banned

Honestly, it sounds to me that she had a lot of coercive control over him, if she'd brag in front of a therapist on tape about how no one would ever believe him then what was she like in private?
Old 07-07-2020, 01:24 PM #11

Quote:
Honestly, it sounds to me that she had a lot of coercive control over him, if she'd brag in front of a therapist on tape about how no one would ever believe him then what was she like in private?
Yeah exactly, he had the career to lose and she had everything to gain from the publicity exposure.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:32 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yeah exactly, he had the career to lose and she had everything to gain from the publicity exposure.
Yeah, we can only speculate based on what we already know but a lot of that, on reflection, was very typical of an abuser losing control. She wanted control of the narrative, she made everyone believe that he was in the wrong and he paid for it. She gaslit the **** out of him and then weaponised the world against him. It makes me so angry because I believed her fully, I didn't think for a second she wasn't a victim all the while I (and the rest of the world) was slating the actual victim.

Has she even faced consequences from any of this coming out? I don't think I've heard of her losing any jobs or roles because of it. Does she still have the Aquaman gig?
Old 07-07-2020, 01:36 PM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Yeah, we can only speculate based on what we already know but a lot of that, on reflection, was very typical of an abuser losing control. She wanted control of the narrative, she made everyone believe that he was in the wrong and he paid for it. She gaslit the **** out of him and then weaponised the world against him. It makes me so angry because I believed her fully, I didn't think for a second she wasn't a victim all the while I (and the rest of the world) was slating the actual victim.

Has she even faced consequences from any of this coming out? I don't think I've heard of her losing any jobs or roles because of it. Does she still have the Aquaman gig?
...I was just reading up on it because I wasn’t completely familiar with what’s happened and it wouldn’t appear that anyone has spoken out against her ...all of the sources that were so vocal against him...?...have apparently kept completely silent in condemning
her..../..odd...
Old 07-07-2020, 01:40 PM #14
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I was just reading up on it because I wasn’t completely familiar with what’s happened and it wouldn’t appear that anyone has spoken out against her ...all of the sources that were so vocal against him...?...have apparently kept completely silent in condemning
her..../..odd...
Loads have called out her lies and her general actions.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:41 PM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Loads have called out her lies and her general actions.
...I’m really not that familiar with the case or with their relationship...I just looked at one site tbh...
Old 07-07-2020, 01:45 PM #16
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I’m really not that familiar with the case or with their relationship...I just looked at one site tbh...
It's pretty tricky as I know a few publications paid her for interviews and "her story" etc, so probably quite easy to run into a one-sided story. Pretty sure all the staff have come out and supported Johnny, and spoke about some of the horrendous and crazy things she has done.

She hired a PI to dig up dirt on him, and he came back and saifd there isn't any. There are recorded conversations between him and her parents where they're basically admitting she's a fruit loop.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:47 PM #17
Banned

Banned

She may be an arsehole but one of the few things JK Rowling has done right lately was stick by Depp despite many people (including myself) believing that he shouldn't have been cast or kept his role in Fantastic Beasts.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:51 PM #18
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I remember originally not believing her because Vanessa paradis and another of his exes spoke up for him saying how that was not the kind of person they knew when they were with him but then there was some sort of "proof" against him and I felt awful for not believing her but then more tapes came out against her, such an awful and messy story

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-07-2020, 01:52 PM #19
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She may be an arsehole but one of the few things JK Rowling has done right lately was stick by Depp despite many people (including myself) believing that he shouldn't have been cast or kept his role in Fantastic Beasts.
Why is JK Rowling an asshole? I really like her

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-07-2020, 02:07 PM #20
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Why is JK Rowling an asshole? I really like her
All the anti-trans stuff basically, she's becoming more and more extreme with it. I used to agree with her to an extent but it's becoming more and more apparent that she has a massive issue with trans people in general.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:09 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All the anti-trans stuff basically, she's becoming more and more extreme with it. I used to agree with her to an extent but it's becoming more and more apparent that she has a massive issue with trans people in general.
nah disagree with you on that tbh. She is definitely coming from a women's rights angle there imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-07-2020, 02:11 PM #22
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Go Johnny, drag that lying bitch for all it's worth.

Spoiler:

and then go for Amber

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:16 PM #23

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

I never believed Amber heard , as others have said she comes across Psycho !.

Hope Johnny Depp is successful with suing Wooton the scumbag .
Old 07-07-2020, 02:21 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Comparing being trans to gays being forced to go through conversation therapy was a new low even for her
Old 07-07-2020, 02:28 PM #25
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Comparing being trans to gays being forced to go through conversation therapy was a new low even for her
Depends. In Iran gays are forced to transition in order to not be gays anymore.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrives, court, deep, depp, dwooten, johnny, london, taking