Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2020, 06:54 AM #251

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Again, Diana, Fergie and Kate got the same treatment from the media in the early days and beyond. Maybe people don’t remember or are too young to have been reading papers in those days, but Royal coverage was far more vicious in the past and their treatment was probably worse if anything. Meghan is not unique in any shape or form - and they did attract it by insisting on doing things their way and their way only.
Harry has always been jealous of William’s status, always….the spotlight is always on newlyweds in the family and he now had this attractive new wife and they were going to shine and modernise the monarchy single handedly…..and it had to be done NOW with attention seeking and neon lights - LOOK AT US!

….and they are NOT being vilified for leaving, they are being criticised by the way they announced they were leaving and THE WAY they left, with bad feeling and petulance, disrespect to the Queen, broken family relationships and abandoning their charities without notice….leaving others to pick up the pieces.

They could have done it all quietly if they didn’t want that life, with plans being put in place and everything worked out in advance, but no, they had to have the BIG announcement before even telling the Queen or anyone in the family.
They didn't care that at that exact time the 93 yr old Queen was having to deal with the Andrew mess and her husband was just out of hospital and very frail.

But as always, nothing is their fault... And I did squirm when I see ‘our ‘arry’ being used, it’s like looking down on people in a superior way.
Old 15-08-2020, 07:14 AM #252
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
People can learn from their mistakes and grow, shockingly enough.

Are you still the same person from when you were young? I'd hope not since that would mean you never learned from your mistakes. People should always be changing and learning, to remain the same is to never learn.
Hopefully in time you will learn from your mistakes in giving your support to the wrong people.
Old 15-08-2020, 07:14 AM #253
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Meghan has always been looked down on as not quite being the chosen one that the media and (some) public would have liked...could she have changed that and had more balance of opinion as other Royal brides have had...?...yes, probably...had she appeased the media and (some) public in everything she was and every choice she made and just become a ‘royal role’....she didn’t and hasn’t, so it was always going to be a lose/lose because the media and (some) public claim ownership of the Royal family ...imo, of course...

...I’m sure that Harry and Meghan aren’t perfect and I’m sure that they have fault...as I’m sure, do many other people, leading up to their recent decision...but to paint ‘hero and Villain’ situations with real people is just seeking for inaccuracy, I feel...
Old 15-08-2020, 07:21 AM #254
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it can also be said that..Diane is dead and the media interest played a hand in that death...Fergie’s marriage didn’t survive...and Kate, well she’s a lovely lady and an ongoing story...we’ll see...Harry and Meghan have done what they feel is best for the preservation of their family and that’s completely understandable as well and I hope that their future is what they hope for it...but if it isn’t...?...they obviously felt that they needed to do things their own way...
Old 15-08-2020, 07:26 AM #255
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...Meghan has always been looked down on as not quite being the chosen one that the media and (some) public would have liked...could she have changed that and had more balance of opinion as other Royal brides have had...?...yes, probably...had she appeased the media and (some) public in everything she was and every choice she made and just become a ‘royal role’....she didn’t and hasn’t, so it was always going to be a lose/lose because the media and (some) public claim ownership of the Royal family ...imo, of course...

...I’m sure that Harry and Meghan aren’t perfect and I’m sure that they have fault...as I’m sure, do many other people, leading up to their recent decision...but to paint ‘hero and Villain’ situations with real people is just seeking for inaccuracy, I feel...
Absolutely right.
No one here knows them, or knows William and Harry either.

That's my final contribution here apart from again.
Just hoping they find the life they want.

As we'd all like the life we want so good luck to them.
As well as good luck to those sticking more rigidly to the Royal life, as long as it's possible for them to be able to live that, what must be, a controlled existence.
Old 15-08-2020, 07:32 AM #256
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
So, they're too rich to suffer any kind of hardship and any act of charity is instantly deemed as them being branded as 'muggers'.

Do you think, if you truly look at what you are saying, that you might sound just a touch irrational?
What levels of hardship are they facing, people calling them out for hypocrites they are.

They are millionaires that’s why they have just bought a 11 million pound house
With over 200,000 dollars to pay in tax each year

If they are so committed to changing the world for the better they could of bought a smaller house and give some money to people that are homeless but that would mean spending their own money instead they want others because o give their money but in Harry and meghans name.

Don’t use the world irrational with me, you have been banned for using words like this over and over to try and undermine a members view and question a members state of mind.

Keep defending people that want live of other people’s money in the name of charity.
Old 15-08-2020, 08:28 AM #257

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The usual arguably inaccurate stuff which is rolled out to excuse two twats.
But Megs got a little boost with 'had she appeased them'.

It would be nice if Meghan admirers could spare a word of two of sympathy for the Queen.
Old 15-08-2020, 08:38 AM #258
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

meghan is not a likeable person, some of us have it and some don't and she hasn't helped change peoples perception of her by her behaviour. It really is of no consequence though, i wont contribute to any of their charities, and i couldn't care less what they get up to now that they have left the royal role
Old 15-08-2020, 08:43 AM #259
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Let's be fair here ... Ms Hollywood didn't marry a Prince so they could go live in a three bed semi.

And quite frankly, why should they? Personally "earned" by themselves or not, they have the resources the live in a mansion with servants and do whatever they want until they drop.

Do their actions align with people who want an independent life outside the spotlight? Hell no. But the "Overton window" for independence and spotlights are simply different for them.

Even if I did just happen to think the new Mrs Windsor is acting for her own interests, that's her business. It's already started to blow up in her face - it turns out the Royals don't like it when one of the not-quite-square-shaped-pegs tries to carve the hole into her own shape. They felt she wasn't towing the party line, she felt she was being victimised.

And none of this has anything to do with mental health!

Old 15-08-2020, 08:54 AM #260
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..the Queen, so far as I’ve read...has always liked Meghan...and she has given her full support to her beloved grandson and his love in their journey to create a new life as a family, with her great grandson...
Old 15-08-2020, 09:02 AM #261

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..the Queen, so far as I’ve read...has always liked Meghan...and she has given her full support to her beloved grandson and his love in their journey to create a new life as a family, with her great grandson...
Yes, I know. All the more reason to criticise M&H for bringing her more trouble at a time when she already had more than enough. Don't you agree?
Old 15-08-2020, 09:09 AM #262

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

....and he IS her grandson and she wants the best for him. I'm not sure how much she likes Meghan now.
Old 15-08-2020, 09:12 AM #263
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s not really for me to judge what the Queen would feel was ‘trouble’ and what she wouldn’t, that would be very personal within a family...all I can do is to wish them well also in their journey to create a new life as I have no reason not to...
Old 15-08-2020, 09:14 AM #264
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...yeah I’m sure all of his family want the best for him which is why they’re nothing but supportive of the decisions he and Meghan are making for their family...
Old 15-08-2020, 09:38 AM #265

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...it’s not really for me to judge what the Queen would feel was ‘trouble’ and what she wouldn’t, that would be very personal within a family...all I can do is to wish them well also in their journey to create a new life as I have no reason not to...
I didn't ask you what the Queen would feel, I asked you what your opinion was of their actions.
I've seen you give opinions before on people you don't know, but never mind.
Old 15-08-2020, 09:43 AM #266
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I actually think for any in the Country caring about the Queen.
Might think how said Monarch may feel were Her Majesty to read the really acidic character assassination of her Grandson's wife and questioning his morals too.

I doubt, The Queen would be impressed at all and end up even distressed at it, although thankfully Her Majesty never likely reading it or wanting to.

I wasn't going to say more, however I was surprised Prince Harry set aside what's seen as duty, by stepping back from Royal active life.
He's still a Royal, as Prince Charle's son.

Leaving the State roles more to his Father and Brother and the others.
However , The Queen, HIS Grandmother approved his decision and respected it.

Since The Queen is certainly moreso one who is more in the ' real ' know on Prince Harry and his wife Meghan.
I think that's the real thing about this.
For me anyway.

Last edited by joeysteele; 15-08-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 15-08-2020, 09:46 AM #267
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It would be nice if Meghan admirers could spare a word of two of sympathy for the Queen.
I don't give a stuff that she's "The Queen", I'm not a Royalist, it's just her job title, and she has had the option to retire FOR DECADES. Do I have "sympathy" for a company CEO because that company is having PR troubles? No. She's just the Royal CEO and - like I said - completely by choice as she could have handed the reigns to Charlie as far back as the 90's.

So, because I don't care about how it affects her job, it's only about their personal relationship... which is as follows:

She's his gran. His relationship is none of her business whatsoever and her options are to; A) like his choice of partner, B) pretend to like his choice of partner or C) accept that he's not going to be coming round for Sunday Roast any more.

Like any other family.
Old 15-08-2020, 10:12 AM #268

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I don't give a stuff that she's "The Queen", I'm not a Royalist, it's just her job title, and she has had the option to retire FOR DECADES. Do I have "sympathy" for a company CEO because that company is having PR troubles? No. She's just the Royal CEO and - like I said - completely by choice as she could have handed the reigns to Charlie as far back as the 90's.

So, because I don't care about how it affects her job, it's only about their personal relationship... which is as follows:

She's his gran. His relationship is none of her business whatsoever and her options are to; A) like his choice of partner, B) pretend to like his choice of partner or C) accept that he's not going to be coming round for Sunday Roast any more.

Like any other family.
It might be news to you, but they are not like any other family. Far from it.
Old 15-08-2020, 10:16 AM #269

Old 15-08-2020, 10:38 AM #270
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

All the more reason to criticise M&H for bringing her more trouble at a time when she already had more than enough. Don't you agree?

...no, you asked me if I agreed that there was all the more reason to criticise Meghan and Harry for bringing the Queen more trouble...and I said that its not up to me to judge what the Queen would feel was trouble and what she wouldn’t...Harry is her grandson and Meghan is her Gand daughter in law that she apparently holds with great affection...and she’s wished them nothing but well in their life, so why wouldn’t I...I’m not really sure what opinion I’m meant to have beyond that...
Old 15-08-2020, 11:32 AM #271

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All the more reason to criticise M&H for bringing her more trouble at a time when she already had more than enough. Don't you agree?

...no, you asked me if I agreed that there was all the more reason to criticise Meghan and Harry for bringing the Queen more trouble...and I said that its not up to me to judge what the Queen would feel was trouble and what she wouldn’t...Harry is her grandson and Meghan is her Gand daughter in law that she apparently holds with great affection...and she’s wished them nothing but well in their life, so why wouldn’t I...I’m not really sure what opinion I’m meant to have beyond that...
Because you're not their grandmother?
Old 15-08-2020, 11:34 AM #272

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Meghan is her Gand daughter in law that she apparently holds with great affection....
Not you presuming to know what the Queen really feels....
Old 15-08-2020, 12:04 PM #273
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

The Queen however is Harry's Grandmother.
Also there's no presumption on the part of anyone as to the Queen.
As it's clear she respected their wishes and request, she has likely talked to them, particularly Prince Harry.
Working out the withdrawal of his fully active Royal role.

The Queen clearly, even if disappointed, obviously cares for them and respects their wishes.
Particularly for their child too, the Queen's great Grandson.

This Monarch has been through many difficult events during this long reign.
I would neither profess to know what the Queen really feels as none, yes NONE of us can really know that.

However I'd dare stick my neck out and say,no way would the Queen be happy at this media and social media constant negativity towards Prince Harry and Meghan.

I'd dare bet, that would distress the Queen much more than Prince Harry and Meghan looking to an alternative life for them and their child.

None of us are related to Prince Harry.
The Queen is.
As Ammi has said Her Majesty wishes them well, also helped devise the plans for stepping out of active Royal duties.
Also the Queen will always be Harry's Grandmother and he'll I'm sure always have his Grandmother's deep affection.

I have to add, which I maybe shouldn't.
Ammi never presumes how others feel, even moreso anyone Ammi doesn't know personally.
Just because she can look at things from all sides, isn't a negative.
That's one of the strongest positives anyone can have.
Its a positive I've wished I had many times.

Last edited by joeysteele; 15-08-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 15-08-2020, 12:09 PM #274
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

the queen didn't give a toss about her own sisters happiness, so I don't think we can assume that she cares about anything else. She certainly showed no affection toward Diana ... at any time
Old 15-08-2020, 12:16 PM #275

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

We know that the Queen can't tolerate the families dirty linen being washed in public - and Harry and Meghan have just done that in 'Finding Freedom'.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
culture, harry, hate, meghan, prince