Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2020, 10:49 AM #51
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
so distasteful and it was published the day before his funeral, these people are like vultures, no shame at all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 14-08-2020, 11:41 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...unt-Harry.html

JAN MOIR: If this is finding freedom, count me in Harry!
By JAN MOIR FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHE 01:04, 14 August 2020

Another exciting week in the crazy lives of the exiled Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Honestly, I hope this fabulous soap opera of entitlement and tatty pomp, rippled with a long raspberry of rudery in the direction of the old country, lasts forever and ever.

First, their Finding Freedom biography was published and what an enjoyable read it is.
Nestled between precise details of every perceived slight and snub suffered over the last terrible four years was the kind of gold-plated information that left no one in any doubt about their credentials as perfect human beings.
I particularly liked wee baby Meghan asking her mother 'what can we do about the homeless?' before returning to her plate of rusks…….

Second, we discovered that the Sussexes have bought a new home and have been living in Santa Barbara since June.
I sincerely hope their fugitive flight from oppression is finally over, along with their days of mansion-hopping.

They seem to have landed on their feet, complete with wet and dry saunas, in the ten-star luxury we all know they love.
The mansion has a torrid history, having been previously owned by a Russian oligarch accused of threatening to murder his wife. But who cares about that kind of detail when a couple of mill have been knocked off the asking price?
In sunny Montecito, everything makes sense. Well, a sort of sense. A move to the sun-dappled gorgeousness of the area known as the American Riviera?
That must have been the plan all along — and why not?

Here, amid their sweeping lawns, tiered rose gardens, Italian cypress trees, lavender bushes, 100-year-old olive trees, tennis court, tea house, children's cottage, swimming pool, guest house and the five-car garage that surround their nine-bed, 16 bathroom villa on their eight-acre estate, let us hope Harry and Meghan have found the simplicity and peace they crave…….

Now in the privacy of his own home — his first — Harry can get up in his Zoom pulpit and lecture the world to his heart's content. This week his little homily was on racism — and how we can all do more to help, every single one of us.
I would have more respect for ol' Simba if he admitted to his own silly mistakes in the past — calling an Army colleague the P-word and wearing a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party — but he does not. He can only lecture, not learn.

The couple have certainly moved to the right place — the local pizzeria sells cauliflower-crust pizza and even the soup kitchen is organic — with lectin-free chicken bone broth being a particular speciality. Meghan will be down there with her ladle before you can say: is the turmeric freshly grated?

Despite everything, the sincere wish of many Brits is that it all works out for them — not least because they have torched every route and friendship, every family tie and bond of kinship that leads back to their old life.
Now they may have mountain and ocean views along with hot and cold running luxury, but with a debt of honour still outstanding, the suspicion remains that they still cannot see the wood for the trees.

OMG that was such an amusing and accurate read...I have always liked her column..
Old 14-08-2020, 12:22 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
OMG that was such an amusing and accurate read...I have always liked her column..
Old 14-08-2020, 02:38 PM #54

Quote:
Nope. The people I think provide an insight are royal correspondents and biographers. She is neither.
I think it is an amusing article, is all. It made me smile anyway.
And yet you only ever provide links to the latter. Funny that.

Last edited by Marsh.; 14-08-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 14-08-2020, 02:43 PM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...unt-Harry.html

JAN MOIR: If this is finding freedom, count me in Harry!
By JAN MOIR FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHE 01:04, 14 August 2020

Another exciting week in the crazy lives of the exiled Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Honestly, I hope this fabulous soap opera of entitlement and tatty pomp, rippled with a long raspberry of rudery in the direction of the old country, lasts forever and ever.

First, their Finding Freedom biography was published and what an enjoyable read it is.
Nestled between precise details of every perceived slight and snub suffered over the last terrible four years was the kind of gold-plated information that left no one in any doubt about their credentials as perfect human beings.
I particularly liked wee baby Meghan asking her mother 'what can we do about the homeless?' before returning to her plate of rusks…….

Second, we discovered that the Sussexes have bought a new home and have been living in Santa Barbara since June.
I sincerely hope their fugitive flight from oppression is finally over, along with their days of mansion-hopping.

They seem to have landed on their feet, complete with wet and dry saunas, in the ten-star luxury we all know they love.
The mansion has a torrid history, having been previously owned by a Russian oligarch accused of threatening to murder his wife. But who cares about that kind of detail when a couple of mill have been knocked off the asking price?
In sunny Montecito, everything makes sense. Well, a sort of sense. A move to the sun-dappled gorgeousness of the area known as the American Riviera?
That must have been the plan all along — and why not?

Here, amid their sweeping lawns, tiered rose gardens, Italian cypress trees, lavender bushes, 100-year-old olive trees, tennis court, tea house, children's cottage, swimming pool, guest house and the five-car garage that surround their nine-bed, 16 bathroom villa on their eight-acre estate, let us hope Harry and Meghan have found the simplicity and peace they crave…….

Now in the privacy of his own home — his first — Harry can get up in his Zoom pulpit and lecture the world to his heart's content. This week his little homily was on racism — and how we can all do more to help, every single one of us.
I would have more respect for ol' Simba if he admitted to his own silly mistakes in the past — calling an Army colleague the P-word and wearing a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party — but he does not. He can only lecture, not learn.

The couple have certainly moved to the right place — the local pizzeria sells cauliflower-crust pizza and even the soup kitchen is organic — with lectin-free chicken bone broth being a particular speciality. Meghan will be down there with her ladle before you can say: is the turmeric freshly grated?

Despite everything, the sincere wish of many Brits is that it all works out for them — not least because they have torched every route and friendship, every family tie and bond of kinship that leads back to their old life.
Now they may have mountain and ocean views along with hot and cold running luxury, but with a debt of honour still outstanding, the suspicion remains that they still cannot see the wood for the trees.

Extension Rebellion to camp out on the grounds?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 16-08-2020, 04:22 PM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...new-biography/

Finding Freedom: Meghan could be quizzed in court about new biography

The level of detail in Finding Freedom has prompted claims that Harry and Meghan must, at the very least, have authorised friends to speak
ByVictoria Ward and Camilla Tominey, ASSOCIATE EDITOR

The Duchess of Sussex faces being quizzed in court over intimate details revealed in a new tell-all biography after the authors admitted that she was a source.Finding Freedom, a 350-word tome laying bare the innermost thoughts of both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, is expected to be thrust to the heart of a High Court privacy case brought by Meghan against the Mail on Sunday.

The Sussexes have tried to distance themselves from the book, while co-authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand have repeatedly insisted they were not interviewed and did not contribute, despite a startling level of detail charting the couple’s feelings.

However, buried in an “author’s note” at the back of the book, is the intriguing admission: “We have spoken with close friends of Harry and Meghan, royal aides and palace staff (past and present), the charities and organizations they have built long-lasting relationships with and, when appropriate, the couple themselves.”

The Mail on Sunday's legal team are understood to be looking closely at the book to determine whether it is evidence that the Duchess has allowed friends to speak to the media on her behalf, which is central to their case.

The Duchess could be called to the stand as part of the case.
Mark Stephens, a leading media lawyer and partner at Howard Kennedy solicitors, said: “Essentially, that’s a confession that this is as near as damn it to an authorised biography.”
He said the Duchess would likely be questioned about whether she gave the green light to friends and colleagues to contribute to the book in order to curate her own reputation.
“You can’t expect to get into a reputational boxing ring without risking a few punches landing on you,” Mr Stephens added.

The Duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday for breach of privacy after it published part of a letter she had written to her father.

Her insistence that she did not authorise five of her friends to speak to People magazine in interviews which revealed the existence of the letter is central to the case.
But Mr Scobie may have inadvertently already compromised her position after telling Good Morning America that she had intended for the contents of the letter to be made public.
Speaking to the US network in February 2019, he revealed that the Duchess “knew in her heart of hearts that this was going to be released to the papers,” adding: “Many of those things in that letter were written with the public in mind. She very much wanted to set the record straight.”

Finding Freedom, published on Tuesday, provides a highly personal account of Harry and Meghan’s relationship, charting every detail from the moment they met until their departure from royal life to America.
Old 16-08-2020, 09:20 PM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...prints-it.html

Lengthy but amusing review of Finding Freedom....this made me chuckle....

CRAIG BROWN: Finding Freedom is full of fluff, guff, gobbldegook and gush that has Meghan Markle's fingerprints all over it
By CRAIG BROWN FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHE 22:01, 15 August 2020 | UPDATE 01:40, 16 August 2020

In his largely adoring 2018 biography of Meghan, Andrew Morton revealed that after launching Tig in 2013, Meghan got in touch with Ivanka Trump, who was 'one of her female idols'.
Meghan was 'thrilled when she accepted her invitation to meet for drinks and dinner the next time Meghan was in New York'.
And so began a bout of vigorous back-scratching. 'Don't get me started on her jewellery collection: the late-night 'window shopping' I have done on my computer, snuggled up in bed with a glass of wine, staring longingly at her beautiful designs,' wrote Meghan of Ivanka.
'When we have drinks, I will make sure I order whatever she does – because this woman seems to have the formula for success and happiness down pat.'

Old 16-08-2020, 09:22 PM #58

Well the daily mail are the experts on fluff and guff.
Old 17-08-2020, 12:32 AM #59

Spoiler:

Very Large Sun paper

Last edited by arista; 17-08-2020 at 12:32 AM.
Old 17-08-2020, 01:09 AM #60
Adios

Adios

Always knew Kate was a horrid commoner

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 18-08-2020, 04:13 PM #61

Old 18-08-2020, 10:39 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Meghan wanted a part in Made in Chelsea and befriended someone from the show called Millie Macintosh.

Prince Harry asked Meghan Markle to snub ‘blabbermouth’ Millie Mackintosh from royal wedding

Quote:
Prince Harry reportedly told Meghan Markle she could not invite her friend Millie Mackintosh to the royal wedding because she was a ‘blabbermouth’ who he believed would spill the beans about their special day. Fans were convinced Millie would be one of the famous faces attending Meghan’s wedding to Harry as the pair were believed to be close pals who met in 2015, a year before Meghan met Harry. However it has now been claimed that ‘Harry warned Meghan off Millie’, a former reality TV star who found fame on Made In Chelsea.

‘Harry doesn’t often tell Meghan what to do, but he put his foot down.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/03/princ...dding-7600968/
Old 19-08-2020, 08:00 AM #63
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Good grief, the desperation to smear this woman, that no one knows in the slightest personally, is getting worse.
Old 19-08-2020, 12:41 PM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Good grief, the desperation to smear this woman, that no one knows in the slightest personally, is getting worse.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:43 PM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It had quietened down in here, I thought. Why the poking?

Her admirers could also post positive articles about her and the book as well, but don't. So it's more one - sided than it could, or should be.

Last edited by jet; 19-08-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:00 PM #66
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's utterly bizarre, there's plenty of celebrities I don't care for but I don't live my life looking for affirmation of why I should hate them, it's so weird.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:01 PM #67

Quote:
It had quietened down in here, I thought. Why the poking?

Her admirers could also post positive articles about her and the book as well, but don't. So it's more one - sided than it could, or should be.
Joey was commenting on that article....how on earth is that poking? Its a forum and people are meant to comment. He didn't even quote anyone
Old 19-08-2020, 02:07 PM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Joey was commenting on that article....how on earth is that poking? Its a forum and people are meant to comment. He didn't even quote anyone
He didn't quote the article so how do you know? What in that article was 'smearing' Meghan anyway?
Old 19-08-2020, 02:09 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's utterly bizarre, there's plenty of celebrities I don't care for but I don't live my life looking for affirmation of why I should hate them, it's so weird.
So dramatic.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:12 PM #70
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I'm sure we had a game on here recently on TiBBs most hated celeb, I think Piers Morgan won so that was okay

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 19-08-2020, 02:14 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I'm sure we had a game on here recently on TiBBs most hated celeb, I think Piers Morgan won so that was okay
How dare people not just dislike people that we dislike.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:23 PM #72

Quote:
He didn't quote the article so how do you know? What in that article was 'smearing' Meghan anyway?
So why did you accuse him of poking?
Old 19-08-2020, 02:34 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
So why did you accuse him of poking?
He didn't quote the article (which I don't think was 'smearing' anyway) so I got the impression he was being critical of posters in general. As the thread was quiet, it seemed like poking.

Last edited by jet; 19-08-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:35 PM #74
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
There's a difference between playing a game that ultimately has no impact on Piers Morgan (He'd likely love it, his career is built upon courting controversy a la Katie Hopkins) and supporting what is rapidly becoming toxic harassment of two people who literally left the country and their royal claims behind to get away from the British press.

I really shouldn't have to explain that difference.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:38 PM #75
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
There's a difference between playing a game that ultimately has no impact on Piers Morgan (He'd likely love it, his career is built upon courting controversy a la Katie Hopkins) and supporting what is rapidly becoming toxic harassment of two people who literally left the country and their royal claims behind to get away from the British press.

I really shouldn't have to explain that difference.
Nobody is being harrassed, ii’s a thread on TIBB...there is no difference

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
finding, freedom, harry, meghan