Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-08-2020, 09:28 PM #26
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
So, you expected the millionaire to live in a 2 bed flat?

How naive.

Make whatever point you want about millionaires, it doesn't relate to them leaving the Royal family and the UK.
Their green credentials extend to telling others to ‘do something’ it seems, as millionaires they could have built an amazing eco friendly house but no it’s far more important to live next door to Ellen et al

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 09:29 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Their green credentials extend to telling others to ‘do something’ it seems, as millionaires they could have built an amazing eco friendly house but no it’s far more important to live next door to Ellen et al
Yeah, might be, still doesn't relate to any point I made.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 09:57 PM #28
Adios

Adios

Quote:
With their many millions between them how do you know that’s not what they’re going to do?

Houses don’t get built overnight and especially during pandemics

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 10:29 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
With their many millions between them how do you know that’s not what they’re going to do?

Houses don’t get built overnight and especially during pandemics

Let’s give it a year then and see if it happens....but don’t hold your breath
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 10:32 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Let’s give it a year then and see if it happens....but don’t hold your breath
A year for what? Them to do something Cherie has just suggested they do but they haven't actually said themselves?

Yeah, ok, and I'll give them a year to build a colony on Saturn.
Old 16-08-2020, 10:34 PM #31

Quote:
So, you expected the millionaire to live in a 2 bed flat?

How naive.

Make whatever point you want about millionaires, it doesn't relate to them leaving the Royal family and the UK which is what my post was about.

Taking it to the extreme...no one is that naive. Maybe something a little more modest...
Old 16-08-2020, 10:36 PM #32

Quote:

Yeah, ok, and I'll give them a year to build a colony on Saturn.

That could be a good idea..that would give them the privacy they so desire.
Old 16-08-2020, 10:50 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-santa-barbara

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle face danger as they move into their £11million mansion

Latest figures reveal the region has been hit by 190 quakes – at least one every other day on average – in the past year alone, with more than a dozen seismic events since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved in with 15-month-old son Archie. None of these would have been powerful enough to have been felt and Santa Barbara has not taken a massive hit since a 6.8 magnitude earthquake destroyed its historic city centre and claimed eleven lives in 1925.

But residents regularly feel tremors and experts believe another major event is “overdue” in the area, which is located near several underground fault lines, including the Hosgri and San Luis ranges that form part of the San Andreas Fault system.
The original asking price of $34 million (£25.9 million) was more than double that – and last night the Duke and Duchess were starkly warned they are “sleepwalking into a firetrap” with their dream move.

British billionaire and cola bottling heir Alki David, who lives in Malibu, believes a recent series of deadly wildfires may be driving down property prices as well as posing an ever-present threat to residents.

He pointed out that the 2018 Thomas Fire, in which 23 people died either in the inferno or later from resulting mudslides, at one stage engulfed almost 300,000 acres and “ate right into” Montecito, Santa Barbara’s celebrity enclave just over 90 miles north of LA.

Mr David revealed: “I love Harry and Meghan and it is only fair they should know about the risks in Montecito. I’ll be reaching out to them to warn them.”He added that he believes in Harry’s case “it is hard for someone from England to understand the sheer terror of fires that size…...and Buckingham Palace does not usually face threats from nature.”
Locals include media mogul Oprah Winfrey and beleaguered TV chat queen Ellen DeGeneres, who was forced to evacuate her mansion at the height of the blaze.
Last year another raging inferno known as the Cave Fire forced more than 6,300 people in Santa Barbara to flee their homes and – with wildfire season approaching this year – meteorologists are already predicting the kind of dry heat and fierce winds that make flames spread swiftly.

Sounds like a very dodgy place for celebs to live or raise their families.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 05:47 AM #34
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s the grandchild and wife and great grandchild of the Queen of England and security will always be high on that list for the Royal family to need from them in their ‘forever’ home as well...and a home like this, because it’s built for a ‘secure celebrity/type lifestyle’...will give that...they were never going to live in any type of home where that would or could be compromised...and I can’t imagine that any of us...either supporters or non-supporters, would have wanted or expected that...for them not to feel secure in their home...

....and there are so, so many Hollywood celebrities...(...and British and world celebrities...)...whose focus is on the environment and ‘future earth’...)...I mean, surely each and every one of us or many of us, have that huge focus as well...and yet we all have different lifestyles/live in different type homes etc...the two things have no bearing at all...celebrities like Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Robert Redford, Pierce Brosnon, Meryl Streep...the list goes on and on...they all have luxury homes and often multiple luxury homes ...and they’re still able to devote their energies into environmental matters...for me, it’s admirable that celebrities want to and give such thought to their world and earth around them, despite their many riches and sparkles...

...so far as the media are concerned, I don’t think that they’re naive enough to think that they won’t get any media interest from this day forward...it’s more as Joey said, the control this affords them...compared to a senior Royal life...and again, it’s no more or less than many other celebrities that are of huge media interest....they will release photographs etc but more on their own terms...like when wedding photographs/birthday photographs and etc have always been and are released with consent or given exclusivity ...I imagine, anyway...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 06:02 AM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...it’s the grandchild and wife and great grandchild of the Queen of England and security will always be high on that list for the Royal family to need from them in their ‘forever’ home as well...and a home like this, because it’s built for a ‘secure celebrity/type lifestyle’...will give that...they were never going to live in any type of home where that would or could be compromised...and I can’t imagine that any of us...either supporters or non-supporters, would have wanted or expected that...for them not to feel secure in their home...

....and there are so, so many Hollywood celebrities...(...and British and world celebrities...)...whose focus is on the environment and ‘future earth’...)...I mean, surely each and every one of us or many of us, have that huge focus as well...and yet we all have different lifestyles/live in different type homes etc...the two things have no bearing at all...celebrities like Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Robert Redford, Pierce Brosnon, Meryl Streep...the list goes on and on...they all have luxury homes and often multiple luxury homes ...and they’re still able to devote their energies into environmental matters...for me, it’s admirable that celebrities want to and give such thought to their world and earth around them, despite their many riches and sparkles...

...so far as the media are concerned, I don’t think that they’re naive enough to think that they won’t get any media interest from this day forward...it’s more as Joey said, the control this affords them...compared to a senior Royal life...and again, it’s no more or less than many other celebrities that are of huge media interest....they will release photographs etc but more on their own terms...like when wedding photographs/birthday photographs and etc have always been and are released with consent or given exclusivity ...I imagine, anyway...
Why would rich people be less interested in saving the planet, they have the time and resources to actually make a difference, it’s not like their children or grandchildren will be immune from the effects, I don’t see that as being any way amazing at all for then to show an interest, Emma Thompson flying to London first class to join the protests for example, what a trooper the old girl is eh, tokenism at best, I don’t see any of those you named taking it in themselves to preachto the great unwashed not to fly, and to consider every action either

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 17-08-2020, 06:23 AM #36
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Why would rich people be less interested in saving the planet, they have the time and resources to actually make a difference, it’s not like their children or grandchildren will be immune from the effects, I don’t see that as being any way amazing at all for then to show an interest, Emma Thompson flying to London first class to join the protests for example, what a trooper the old girl is eh, tokenism at best, I don’t see any of those you named taking it in themselves to preachto the great unwashed not to fly, and to consider every action either
Very well said.

It’s the old saying.

Do as I say not as I do.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 06:35 AM #37
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Example actually doing something.

I stopped at a broken down car yesterday and asked was there any way I could help.

The lady said she had the aa coming as she had put the wrong fuel in but said she had been waiting 3 hours and I was only the second person to stop.

In this world there are those that do and those that talk about doing.

I’m proud to be someone that actually tries to help regardless of who was going to be sitting in that car I stopped for.
Old 17-08-2020, 06:41 AM #38

Yes, stopping to ask a woman in the street if she's ok.

Great comparison.
Old 17-08-2020, 06:48 AM #39
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

The difference between Diana and Harry and Meghan is so obvious. Diana championed causes without preaching to the masses and she actually made a difference. Think landmines and aids, just 2 examples where she had a huge impact
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 06:58 AM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...people aren’t their parents, though...and that’s a good thing, to have their own individuality as well and to achieve different things in their lifetimes...Harry and Williams admiration for their mum in the changes she made and the differences she made, must be bursting with praise and they’re both continuing with change in their own ways...Harry’s life journey has still so far to go...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 07:08 AM #41
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Yes, stopping to ask a woman in the street if she's ok.

Great comparison.
No actually at the side of a busy road and I didn’t see who was in the car they could of been any colour of the rainbow, the main thing is stopping to offer help regardless of knowing who was in the car.
Old 17-08-2020, 07:17 AM #42
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
No actually at the side of a busy road and I didn’t see who was in the car they could of been any colour of the rainbow, the main thing is stopping to offer help regardless of knowing who was in the car.
Yes I see the point you are making Sherriff, there are some that walk the walk and some who talk the walk

Old 17-08-2020, 07:43 AM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Another reason Harry said he wanted to leave the UK was to protect his wife and child - so they settle in a house in an area in danger of earthquakes and an even greater danger of infernos and mudslides.
Old 17-08-2020, 08:20 AM #44
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post

Absolutely to all of that, I agree.

How long has this house been standing?
Is it that much of a danger.
At present in this Country, once winter sets in.
Houses and businesses supposed to be safe aren't.
Some lost for good from repeated floods.

I'm sure they will have had risk surveying and assessments done.

It's really odd to me anyway, no matter what this couple are doing.
Everything seems to have to be analysed.
As to where and how they live, what they say, also second guessing what they even think.

No wonder they wanted to get away from such intrusive analysis especially from those who don't know them, will never know them yet act like they should OWN them.

There are loads of things the Royals do and say, I disagree with.
It doesn't interest me because nothing they do really impacts on me.
Although I support the Monarchy.

Quite honestly for me too.
Anything in the Daily Mail which that publication puts in it.
Is of no interest to me.
I only ever see the garbage that is the Daily Mail on this site.

I'm not interested in those writing this or that about others.
They put their own slant on it.
Unless it's written by the person or persons being talked about.

There's now at least 3 threads on Harry and Meghan on here.
From their legal case, to publication and their home.

It's amazing to myself anyway, just my own view, why if they irritate people so.much they are in fact one of the main things time is spent on.
I wouldn't be wasting my time on people I don't like.
What on earth is the point of that.
Just my view of course.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 08:28 AM #45
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Another reason Harry said he wanted to leave the UK was to protect his wife and child - so they settle in a house in an area in danger of earthquakes and an even greater danger of infernos and mudslides.
he says a lot of things...

Old 17-08-2020, 08:32 AM #46

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

He says he wants to protect them but he lets her on the roads, does he not know how many people die on the road every year?!
Old 17-08-2020, 08:44 AM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
he says a lot of things...

He sure does, and a lot of it is 'Meghan - speak' which he parrots.
Old 17-08-2020, 08:50 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
So you want to be commended for bravery for risking your life helping someone who may have not been white?

Riiiiiight.
Old 17-08-2020, 08:51 AM #49
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Apparently the house was built around 2000.
How on earth has it remained standing for near 2 decades with all those supposed dangers.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 08:58 AM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Apparently the house was built around 2000.
How on earth has it remained standing for near 2 decades with all those supposed dangers.
You don't see these as dangers? Complacency can kill.

Quote:
He pointed out that the 2018 Thomas Fire, in which 23 people died either in the inferno or later from resulting mudslides, at one stage engulfed almost 300,000 acres and “ate right into” Montecito.
Last year another raging inferno known as the Cave Fire forced more than 6,300 people in Santa Barbara to flee their homes and – with wildfire season approaching this year – meteorologists are already predicting the kind of dry heat and fierce winds that make flames spread swiftly.

Last edited by jet; 17-08-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, mansion, meghan, mudslides, £11m