Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-09-2020, 01:51 PM #76

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I think a murder is an excellent reason for a riot...especially if those doing the murdering are in the business of law enforcement. ..

Protests peaceful or otherwise are a gauge of public feeling, how are the public feeling about this?
Throughout history there have been violent and non violent protests and riots for noble causes, and for things that the modern day take for granted.
They are sometimes necessary. .. when all other avenues have been exhausted. Of course they're not ideal, but can everyone hand on heart say they are never warranted? Imo no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
If they took their riots to the police stations or City Hall (if that's the right term ) I might well be in support. Take it to the perpetrators!

But the level of destruction is inexcusable; pardon the anecdotal evidence but a twitter "friend" of mine lives in Chicago, and the riots left him without available food or medication for at least five miles.

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone sane who agrees with the police murdering people, but it'd be just as hard to find anyone who thinks a riot which achieved nothing but a food desert was worth it.
What Oliver said. No need in destroying small business and livelihoods of those you are supposedly fighting for. Take the riot to the criminals, the guilty, the murderers. If that were the case, i don't think there'd be much of an issue. Yet it's mainly the innocent who suffer.
Old 25-09-2020, 02:18 PM #77
Banned

Banned

When the police officers that murdered Breonna Taylor get charged for the bullets that didn't hit her but not the ones that killed her, people are going to get angry and white supremacists will stir up that anger with violence.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 03:04 PM #78
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
When the police officers that murdered Breonna Taylor get charged for the bullets that didn't hit her but not the ones that killed her, people are going to get angry and white supremacists will stir up that anger with violence.
Okay, Mystic Meg.

Maybe the protests will organically turn into riots. To say that every BLM protest was pushed further by white supremacistsis as daft as saying none were. And no amount of righteous anger should be used as an excuse to follow whoever gets it going.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 03:13 PM #79
You know my methods

You know my methods

No one murdered the Taylor girl that is spreading misinformation in the thread.

The court in the county in which she lived have already decided on this case. Heed the law.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 03:19 PM #80
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
No one murdered the Taylor girl that is spreading misinformation in the thread.

The court in the county in which she lived have already decided on this case. Heed the law.
Regardless of whatever the courts are currently saying, I think it could easily be called manslaughter. If I'm remember it correctly, the cops fired into a "blind spot" where she'd been standing, I think there was a partition or something? So was shot and killed by a cop, who wasn't intending to kill her?

Old 25-09-2020, 08:52 PM #81
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Okay, Mystic Meg.

Maybe the protests will organically turn into riots. To say that every BLM protest was pushed further by white supremacistsis as daft as saying none were. And no amount of righteous anger should be used as an excuse to follow whoever gets it going.
I'm not making predictions here, remember all those news stories I've shown you multiple times that stated the same things are happening in different states but you keep pretending to have not seen that and keep acting like I'm some fraud because you can't handle acknowledging something that doesn't go with your agenda. Also you are acting in complete bad faith by twisting my words and making out that I'm speaking in absolutes when I'm not. Argue against what I'm saying, not what you desperately want me to have said so you can edit it to suit your narrative.

Some opportunists will spoil things, some people will let their anger reign and considering the situation, I think that's very ****ing understandable, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of police departments are saying the same thing, that violence is often spurred on by extremist right wing and white supremacist people which is why most protests are peaceful, but they don't serve your purpose so you won't acknowledge them.
Old 25-09-2020, 08:56 PM #82
Banned

Banned

Also murder is murder, if anyone tries to argue against Breonna Taylor's murder not being murder then they're doing so for racial reasons because they don't want to admit the police murdered a black woman and it's easier for them to believe the black woman did something to deserve it.

They burst into her house unannounced, shot her up and then arrested the boyfriend for making use of his second amendment rights to defend his home and his girlfriend against unknown intruders. Then, after months of people demanding justice for her, the state charges the officers for the shots that didn't kill her.
Old 25-09-2020, 09:48 PM #83

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Also murder is murder, if anyone tries to argue against Breonna Taylor's murder not being murder then they're doing so for racial reasons because they don't want to admit the police murdered a black woman and it's easier for them to believe the black woman did something to deserve it.

They burst into her house unannounced, shot her up and then arrested the boyfriend for making use of his second amendment rights to defend his home and his girlfriend against unknown intruders. Then, after months of people demanding justice for her, the state charges the officers for the shots that didn't kill her.

How do you know all this dezzy?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 09:55 PM #84
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not making predictions here, remember all those news stories I've shown you multiple times that stated the same things are happening in different states but you keep pretending to have not seen that and keep acting like I'm some fraud because you can't handle acknowledging something that doesn't go with your agenda. Also you are acting in complete bad faith by twisting my words and making out that I'm speaking in absolutes when I'm not. Argue against what I'm saying, not what you desperately want me to have said so you can edit it to suit your narrative.

Some opportunists will spoil things, some people will let their anger reign and considering the situation, I think that's very ****ing understandable, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of police departments are saying the same thing, that violence is often spurred on by extremist right wing and white supremacist people which is why most protests are peaceful, but they don't serve your purpose so you won't acknowledge them.
I don't have an agenda beyond "they're all scum", when it comes to rioters. Maybe the protests get sabotaged, maybe not. But either way, the former protesters who join in with the riots are entirely culpable for their own actions, whether they're following a white supremacist without knowing it, or whether they just happen to be violent.

Your list of links included people handing out leaflets and distributing stickers, putting paper in unwelcome places doesn't belong in the same conversation as rioting and looting. Unless you think they'd have behaved like human beings until they read some words on a bit of paper?

I don't need to acknowledge peaceful protests because they were never part of the conversation riots and protests don't need to be lumped in with each other.

Old 25-09-2020, 09:57 PM #85

Quote:
Maybe the protests get sabotaged, maybe not. But either way
So, you're basically saying sabotaged or not they're to blame? Kind of shown your hand there.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 09:58 PM #86
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
So, you're basically saying sabotaged or not they're to blame? Kind of shown your hand there.
I'm saying every individual is to blame for their own actions. They don't have to join in when things turn nasty, it's their choice to do so.

Old 26-09-2020, 03:33 AM #87

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I'm saying every individual is to blame for their own actions. They don't have to join in when things turn nasty, it's their choice to do so.
That's too a 'logical way of thinking' post Oliver, irrational thoughts only please.

Looters steal clothes and guns, ruin innocent folks livelihoods = Right Wing too blame, they started it etc etc etc

Last edited by Swan; 26-09-2020 at 03:33 AM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:11 AM #88
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Essentially though it should not negate your right to support a movement because some people choose to break the law.

It does not detract from the the original sentiment or from your right to promote its core values.
Old 26-09-2020, 09:28 AM #89

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Well I heard she was shot by accident they weren't after her,who knows the real truth ?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:31 AM #90
-

-

I don't particularly believe the conspiracy theory that "all" or even a large number of the protests that turn into riots are because they were secretly infiltrated by white supremacists who lit the kindling. I'm sure it happens, but it will be a relatively small number of the total incidents, and we should be wary of buying into the "twitter detective work" showing sneaky shadowy figures frequently being behing civil unrest while everyone else was behaving themselves and would have continued that way. It's just overly convenient nonsense, really, and a bit too easy (when riots are widespread) to collect together a half dozen clips or examples of it happening and use those to suggest that it's happening in every case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Essentially though it should not negate your right to support a movement because some people choose to break the law.

That's my thoughts on it really, rioting and looting are a standard symptom of civil unrest, be that people getting caught up in violence or people who have little care for the cause using it as a cover for looting, it's literally ALWAYS been a feature of large protests, you can see it in pretty much every ancient culture (Romans, Greeks et al) ... it's just what ends up happening. It doesn't change the reasons for the protest, nor lessen them, nor does it mean people shouldn't protest out of "fear" that a number of people will go too far. Lumping all protesters in with the percentage that are lighting fires and smashing windows is an easy way for those being protested against to shut the whole thing down. Essentially, if you're in power, you have to accept that if you have an angry and unhappy population they're going to start breaking **** and wailing about "personal responsibility" isn't good enough. Yes they have personal responsibility, no rioting is not a good idea, yes anyone looting should face legal consequences... but that doesn't change the fact that if you've got rioting and looting in your cities, the people in power have ****ed up.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 10:16 AM #91

Quote:
I read the first time I didn't need a repeat.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 12:59 PM #92
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Because I can read and have kept up with the facts of the case, instead of assuming she did something wrong and that the police are beyond blame for their own actions.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:06 PM #93
You know my methods

You know my methods

she wasnt murdered

the court has decided on this

having heard all the evidence

case closed
Old 26-09-2020, 01:06 PM #94
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I don't have an agenda beyond "they're all scum", when it comes to rioters. Maybe the protests get sabotaged, maybe not. But either way, the former protesters who join in with the riots are entirely culpable for their own actions, whether they're following a white supremacist without knowing it, or whether they just happen to be violent.

Your list of links included people handing out leaflets and distributing stickers, putting paper in unwelcome places doesn't belong in the same conversation as rioting and looting. Unless you think they'd have behaved like human beings until they read some words on a bit of paper?

I don't need to acknowledge peaceful protests because they were never part of the conversation riots and protests don't need to be lumped in with each other.
Here he goes again, choosing to ignore the links that detailed how white supremacists were behind violence in several protests to focus on the one link that benefits his agenda. Common sense dictates that, if you ignore several different things telling you the same thing to focus on the one thing that's more pleasing to your ears, you're probably in the wrong.

You keep going on about the evils of violence and vandalism but you are intent on scrubbing clean anything related to white supremacist violence and vandalism, of which there is a lot. Why are you so focused on minimising white supremacist incidents but you're so keen to amplify anything, whether it's true or not, that discredits and paints BLM in a bad light?

You should ask yourself if you are stood on the right side of history in this matter.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:08 PM #95
Banned

Banned

She was intentionally shot to death by police that broke into her home unannounced while she was asleep. That sounds like murder to me, might not sound like murder to someone intent on making out a paramedic to be a drug dealer just because she's black though.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:09 PM #96
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
That's too a 'logical way of thinking' post Oliver, irrational thoughts only please.

Looters steal clothes and guns, ruin innocent folks livelihoods = Right Wing too blame, they started it etc etc etc
Read what I said to Oliver and apply it to yourself. Ask yourself some serious questions.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:24 PM #97

Quote:
she wasnt murdered

the court has decided on this

having heard all the evidence

case closed
That's not for you to tell people tbf

Courts have got cases wrong many many times and even wrongfully imprisoned tons of people who then get convictions overturned

So if you feel the case is closed then the thread probably isnt for you but you dont have the right to tell others what to think of it or not to discuss it etc

Last edited by Josy; 26-09-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 01:27 PM #98
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Exactly, I hope the family can appeal.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:38 PM #99
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
That's not for you to tell people tbf

Courts have got cases wrong many many times and even wrongfully imprisoned tons of people who then get convictions overturned

So if you feel the case is closed then the thread probably isnt for you but you dont have the right to tell others what to think of it or not to discuss it etc
A grand jury is simply a legal procedure to determine if there is sufficient evidence in a criminal matter to reasonably result in a conviction at a criminal trial. No findings are made on points of fact or law. Grand Jury proceedings are secret, therefore records can not be made possible to even consider an appeal.
Old 26-09-2020, 01:39 PM #100

Quote:
A grand jury is simply a legal procedure to determine if there is sufficient evidence in a criminal matter to reasonably result in a conviction at a criminal trial. No findings are made on points of fact or law. Grand Jury proceedings are secret, therefore records can not be made possible to even consider an appeal.
Doesnt mean they are always correct, human error happens at all levels
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alesha, bgt, black, complaints, dixon’s, lives, matter, necklace, sparks