Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 30-09-2020, 06:43 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Do you believe in ghosts/ghost experiences/spooky stories etc...

...as we’re about to enter the month of Halloween, do you believe in ghosts/..the supernatural etc...do you have any personal ghostly/spooky experiences or know of any with friends/relatives etc...

...have you ever seen a ghost...?...

Last edited by Ammi; 30-09-2020 at 06:44 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:03 AM #2

I don't believe in ghosts as such....my Grandad was a grave digger and used to have to dig graves in the middle of the night for early morning funerals and he always said to us "you should never fear the dead, its the living who'll hurt you". Before he died he told me he would come back and let mw know if there was anything "on the other side". I spent the first 6 months after he died barely sleeping in case I woke up to him sat on the end of my bed

After he died though, there was sometimes a smell of cigarette smoke in the house - none of us smoked but he used to when he came to stay with us. I've smelt my mums perfume too but I don't know whether thats just wishful thinking
Old 30-09-2020, 07:08 AM #3

Yes I have walked in a Haunted Zone
I had to leave that area.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:09 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I don't believe in ghosts as such....my Grandad was a grave digger and used to have to dig graves in the middle of the night for early morning funerals and he always said to us "you should never fear the dead, its the living who'll hurt you". Before he died he told me he would come back and let mw know if there was anything "on the other side". I spent the first 6 months after he died barely sleeping in case I woke up to him sat on the end of my bed

After he died though, there was sometimes a smell of cigarette smoke in the house - none of us smoked but he used to when he came to stay with us. I've smelt my mums perfume too but I don't know whether thats just wishful thinking
...I actually hear my dad’s voice... I mean hear it clearly as if he was standing right next to me...when I read an expression or something that he would have said or very similar things...that isn’t a ghost story, it’s just a by the by...and when I’ve got stuff going on in my head that I’m struggling with../...worries etc..?...I’ve often heard him saying...well then now my love, let’s see here....let’s get this all in order one step at a time...
Old 30-09-2020, 07:37 AM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I've always kept an open mind on this.

There's things happened, I've been told about and things happen I've come across myself.
For which there was no explanation for.

This has left me with the more believing in it than not, yes.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:55 AM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

no of course not

anecdotal stories about ghosts are told by the teller to add status and make them seem more interesting, a very human trait

often stories were told to keep children safe and away from dangerous things at night etc

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 30-09-2020 at 08:03 AM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:20 AM #7
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I actually hear my dad’s voice... I mean hear it clearly as if he was standing right next to me...when I read an expression or something that he would have said or very similar things...that isn’t a ghost story, it’s just a by the by...and when I’ve got stuff going on in my head that I’m struggling with../...worries etc..?...I’ve often heard him saying...well then now my love, let’s see here....let’s get this all in order one step at a time...

I haven't ever said myself except in private conversation with another, things I've come across.

Because there's always those who just dismiss, ridicule and put down those having any experiences.

I'd guess if there are spirits, ghosts , whatever anyone wishes to term them, or anything from another existence.
Then they'll have their reasons for making anything known to any physical being they visit.

Equally their reasons for never going anywhere near any closed view sceptics.

Until I was 15, I may have discounted things people have said.
However as I said before, I've had things happen in my life, which have no real explanation to it.
So my mind was opened in my later teens.

Your post above Ammi sounds a very comforting set of instances of thought or who really knows, much more to them.
I would guess too, if I may, that maybe those thoughts and words fly in from you not even thinking of the person at the time.

I'll never forget after I lost my Grandmother I was devoted to.
I was talking to some friends while at Uni, I'd just done really well in a particular part of the course.
We were sitting in a park, I said, '' I wished my Grandmother could have been able to read how well I'd done ''.

An elderly lady walking past, just smiled at us, and said, '' now how do you know she hasn't and can't see all you'll achieve''.

It's a line that's stuck with me since.

Now the cynics and those who just poo poo anything of the supernatural, will just dismiss that as fanciful madness.

However that started to have me open my mind more.
Then as I say, privately I've come across things, I can't explain and neither can others, other than just dismiss or ridicule.
So I only talk about other instances privately.

So as not to fuel, dismissiveness and it's all nonsense, when to others, it isn't or may be far from it.

Even before I opened my own mind to this, while I doubted things people had said to me up to 15.
I still listened to them, rather than just treat them as paranoid or insecure individuals, just because I at that time I didn't myself share their views from their experiences.

Last edited by joeysteele; 30-09-2020 at 08:21 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:30 AM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I haven't ever said myself except in private conversation with another, things I've come across.

Because there's always those who just dismiss, ridicule and put down those having any experiences.

I'd guess if there are spirits, ghosts , whatever anyone wishes to term them, or anything from another existence.
Then they'll have their reasons for making anything known to any physical being they visit.

Equally their reasons for never going anywhere near any closed view sceptics.

Until I was 15, I may have discounted things people have said.
However as I said before, I've had things happen in my life, which have no real explanation to it.
So my mind was opened in my later teens.

Your post above Ammi sounds a very comforting set of instances of thought or who really knows, much more to them.
I would guess too, if I may, that maybe those thoughts and words fly in from you not even thinking of the person at the time.

I'll never forget after I lost my Grandmother I was devoted to.
I was talking to some friends while at Uni, I'd just done really well in a particular part of the course.
We were sitting in a park, I said, '' I wished my Grandmother could have been able to read how well I'd done ''.

An elderly lady walking past, just smiled at us, and said, '' now how do you know she hasn't and can't see all you'll achieve''.

It's a line that's stuck with me since.

Now the cynics and those who just poo poo anything of the supernatural, will just dismiss that as fanciful madness.

However that started to have me open my mind more.
Then as I say, privately I've come across things, I can't explain and neither can others, other than just dismiss or ridicule.
So I only talk about other instances privately.

So as not to fuel, dismissiveness and it's all nonsense, when to others, it isn't or may be far from it.

Even before I opened my own mind to this, while I doubted things people had said to me up to 15.
I still listened to them, rather than just treat them as paranoid or insecure individuals, just because I at that time I didn't myself share their views from their experiences.

...the human of limits and measures dismissing something without limits and measures, eh Joey...such a strange notion...

...with your grandmother..?...she passed in the complete confidence and belief in you that you would always do well...so no reading that was ever necessary..because she knew..?...is I guess, the thing...
Old 30-09-2020, 08:47 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Yes, my house is haunted
Old 30-09-2020, 08:49 AM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...did you see/hear anything etc of your hauntings, Liam...?...
Old 30-09-2020, 08:50 AM #11
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Yes, my house is haunted
Old 30-09-2020, 08:56 AM #12
-

-

I don't believe in ghosts because the human persona is so clearly (and demonstrably) linked to the physical and chemical structure of the brain. A "person" can be changed completely with chemicals or by a physical brain injury (either trauma, or a tumor, or deliberate i.e. lobotomy) SO it makes no sense that after the brain-meat has burned or rotted there's anything left of a personality... a "soul" that contains any aspect of the person it came from.

However on the wider "supernatural", I do believe in the possibility of overlapping dimensions, and also in the near-certainty that there's more to physical existence than can be perceived by human senses or observed with current human technology. I mean, that's basically just fact. So in that sense, it's possible that there are things in existence that we can't see or comprehend, and I guess also possible that those could "bleed over" in certain circumstances. It's not really "supernatural" though, just science we don't know yet. "Magic is just science that we don't understand yet", and all that stuff.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:58 AM #13
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Santa occupies another dimension too
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 09:02 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...explanations for the ‘unexplainable’ etc, personal experiences and stories as well...
Old 30-09-2020, 09:03 AM #15
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Santa occupies another dimension too
well that is dealt with by quantum physics of course
Old 30-09-2020, 09:09 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...did you see/hear anything etc of your hauntings, Liam...?...
Yeah, we’ve heard voices, seen figures walking through doorways, I’ve personally had something thrown at me out of nowhere, like has been said we get really strong wafts of loved ones aftershave and stuff, it’s creepy sometimes but we know who it is so it’s fine
Old 30-09-2020, 09:13 AM #17
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Yeah, we’ve heard voices, seen figures walking through doorways, I’ve personally had something thrown at me out of nowhere, like has been said we get really strong wafts of loved ones aftershave and stuff, it’s creepy sometimes but we know who it is so it’s fine
...obviously you don’t have to say, Liam and that’s cool..but would the connection be more personal to you/your family or to the house...
Old 30-09-2020, 09:19 AM #18
-

-

Quote:
That's called schizophrenia.
Old 30-09-2020, 09:22 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...obviously you don’t have to say, Liam and that’s cool..but would the connection be more personal to you/your family or to the house...
Mainly to our family personally, but there have been things happen as well where there’s zero possibility of it being connected to us, that was the one that really freaked us out.

My parents have actually been talking about having a psychic come in to see what they think, because they just want to see whether they say anything about it.
Old 30-09-2020, 09:27 AM #20
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Mainly to our family personally, but there have been things happen as well where there’s zero possibility of it being connected to us, that was the one that really freaked us out.

My parents have actually been talking about having a psychic come in to see what they think, because they just want to see whether they say anything about it.
...yeah that would be really interesting if your parents didn’t give any specifics of information and just see if something connects from the psychic.../...spooky...
Old 30-09-2020, 09:30 AM #21
-

-

Could also be a small carbon monoxide leak if it's all in the same house.

That's not even a joke .
Old 30-09-2020, 09:38 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That's called schizophrenia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Could also be a small carbon monoxide leak if it's all in the same house.

That's not even a joke .
Mock as you please

Quote:
...yeah that would be really interesting if your parents didn’t give any specifics of information and just see if something connects from the psychic.../...spooky...
I’m personally very sceptical about psychics, I think they throw out the vaguest things possible and hope something lands, but my parents believe in them and they were so freaked out by what they saw that they think it’s worth a shot
Old 30-09-2020, 09:40 AM #23

Quote:
...as we’re about to enter the month of Halloween, do you believe in ghosts/..the supernatural etc...do you have any personal ghostly/spooky experiences or know of any with friends/relatives etc...

...have you ever seen a ghost...?...

Na ... there is absolutely not one thread of evidence supporting the theory that ghosts / UFOs/ aliens / telekinesis/ levitation etc etc exists ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 09:46 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Na ... there is absolutely not one thread of evidence supporting the theory that ghosts / UFOs/ aliens / telekinesis/ levitation etc etc exists ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
...this is TiBB, Zizu...our threads don’t need evidence, they just need our presence, our will and our want and personal experience if any have been had etc...
Old 30-09-2020, 09:46 AM #25

Not at all, it must be exciting though

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
experiences, experiences or spooky, ghosts or ghost, stories