Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 21-10-2020, 01:04 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I had it pretty bad for a few years and it only got worse after I got my parents and teachers involved, it was relentless and then ended up getting into trouble when I finally stood up for myself, anybody who thinks it’s easy to ‘stop’ bullying is either completely naive or will fully ignorant, the only thing that stops bullying is the bullies getting bored and moving on

Last edited by Liam-; 21-10-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:06 PM #27
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I had it pretty bad for a few years and it only got worse after I got my parents and teachers involved, it was relentless and then ended up getting into trouble when I finally stood up for myself, anybody who thinks it’s easy to ‘stop’ bullying us completely naive
That's so unfair

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:09 PM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
That's so unfair
It’s the way it works, schools care more for their image than the well being of their students, they can’t have their school known for having an issue with bullying

Last edited by Liam-; 21-10-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:22 PM #29

My son is 10 next week and I have genuine anxiety of him going over to high school in 18 months in case he gets bullied. Totally irrational at primary school he has always been one of the most popular but I just worry when he gets to "big" school that could change.
Old 21-10-2020, 01:25 PM #30
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It’s the way it works, schools care more for their image than the well being of their students, they can’t have their school known for having an issue with bullying
They wouldn't be known for having an issue with bullying if they dealt with it though. I'm sure pretty much every school will have some bullying issues at some point in time

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 21-10-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:29 PM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
My son is 10 next week and I have genuine anxiety of him going over to high school in 18 months in case he gets bullied. Totally irrational at primary school he has always been one of the most popular but I just worry when he gets to "big" school that could change.
....awwwww, Annie...that’s so natural for your to worry about his transition to a higher school...but for all of the reasons why he’s a popular guy in his friendships and peer groups now and has been in all of his school days etc...?...I doubt that will do anything but continue exactly as it is through all of his schooling.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:29 PM #32
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...it’s really sad to see so many experiences of bullying......Amy especially, you were let down so much by the school who didn’t have that abuse removed immediately, just staggering that it took your mom to take action and contact them.
My school was pathetic, it's actually closed now and I think it's being demolished. They never took what happen to me seriously. One time I got my hair pulled so hard going down stairs I just sat down and started crying and I wouldn't move or go to next lesson because I was hurt and humiliated and I gave the name of the girl who did it and I was put in isolation for a week for my 'well being' rather than her being excluded.
Old 21-10-2020, 01:31 PM #33

I received a lot of ableist bullying in my teen years, usually from the majority of my then friend group who would lead me on into forcing me to think it was just banter or something. Leaving them behind was the only viable option after trying to reason so many times.

But to be honest, I feel like the worse it happens to you when you're younger, the better equipped and prepared you are when you're older.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:32 PM #34
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
My school was pathetic, it's actually closed now and I think it's being demolished. They never took what happen to me seriously. One time I got my hair pulled so hard going down stairs I just sat down and started crying and I wouldn't move or go to next lesson because I was hurt and humiliated and I gave the name of the girl who did it and I was put in isolation for a week for my 'well being' rather than her being excluded.
aw sorry to hear that Amy

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:39 PM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
...all schools are legally required to address bullying when any has been reported...the reports will always be investigated by teams outside of the school staff...sadly, that doesn’t mean to say that all school staff will effectively deal with any bullying...but they do have to be seen to be effectively doing so../...if that makes sense...they do have to provide evidence, plus involvement with parents etc...it would be difficult and wrong for me to comment on anything specifically other than that, that might have been considerations in a school I didn’t know...it all does sound so awful though and I do feel so much for you both and your experiences......

Last edited by Ammi; 21-10-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 21-10-2020, 03:56 PM #36
Nah

Nah

Yeah I was fat kid which I didn't mind. But apparently my classmates had an issue with it so I dropped weight after an intense phase of them making remarks and doing crazy stuff.
And then when I dropped the weight at 10 years-old, I played rugby more and more and nobody ever messed with me again. Got my confidence and my weight back.
I also got a 3 days ban from college for fighting a dude who was bullying my roomate. Not sorry about it.
So please, stand up for other people when they're down.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 21-10-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2020, 04:51 AM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Yeah I was fat kid which I didn't mind. But apparently my classmates had an issue with it so I dropped weight after an intense phase of them making remarks and doing crazy stuff.
And then when I dropped the weight at 10 years-old, I played rugby more and more and nobody ever messed with me again. Got my confidence and my weight back.
I also got a 3 days ban from college for fighting a dude who was bullying my roomate. Not sorry about it.
So please, stand up for other people when they're down.
...it’s really screwed when we think about it...it wouldn't matter if it was a ‘fat kid’ or a ‘thin kid’ because I was always very tiny but that can be a ‘bullying offence’ as well, you know...not too fat, not too thin, apparently but that ‘just right’ weight...?...but that just right weight would be impossible to achieve as well because the reason for bullying was never the weight in the first place...the issue was always with the person bullying, not with the person being bullied or mocked etc...but still as is the way, you ‘changed’ your body, Remy....which is good also because that was a healthy thing to do as well and has given you a good lifestyle and confidence etc...you turned that bullying into something very positive for you..?...but though, the bullies remain intact because when you went to college, that bullying was still happening and had extended from school days into college days and was now targeting someone else...?...and in defending that person, you got the ban...so again, the bullies remained in tact..it’s so, so screwed when we think...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullying, experiences