Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-10-2020, 08:30 AM #101
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Local councils have been decimated after a decade of austerity cuts. The extra funding they originally provided, was to be spent by October 12th.
you are just regurgitating political garbage
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 08:39 AM #102
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Like what? Explain it to me bots. I've just given you 2 facts. You're the one throwing out ridiculous statements like "there is another side but tibb is labour". You really want to throw that charge at me? Good luck with that, but please point out the errors.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:46 AM #103
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
yeah, the concept of paying for services in advance of a particular date doesn't exist
How could the government give any funding in June to Councils to help cover the costs of free meals in school holiday periods.

When the government policy is, and still is, NOT to provide free meals to schoolchildren in school holidays.

Why is the fact, it is this government's policy that school meals should not be provided in school holidays constantly avoided.

They just voted against extending free meal schemes in the school holidays.
Over 300 Con MPs only.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 08:58 AM #104
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...how can the government also justify continual Universal Free school meals for all of Key-stage 1 children, which includes well off income families...(...who actually, many have asked not to have these as they’re not needed...)...when this already there funding could be given to the low income family children in providing nutritious meals for 52 weeks of the year...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 09:04 AM #105

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Local councils have been decimated after a decade of austerity cuts. The extra funding they originally provided, was to be spent by October 12th.
Dont know what they have used it for but it certainly isn't the upkeep and repairs of council houses, probably used for their big glossy Christmas calendars that they send every year that end up in the recycling, they must cost thousands, they need to use their money more wisely,that money could have funded childrens meals, even their flyers are send on expensive glossy paper and their campaign leaflets,that is a waste imo.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 28-10-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 09:05 AM #106

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
As opposed to you recycling every generic Tory talking point to justify their vote?
Old 28-10-2020, 09:39 AM #107
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Dont know what they have used it for but it certainly isn't the upkeep and repairs of council houses, probably used for their big glossy Christmas calendars that they send every year that end up in the recycling, they must cost thousands, they need to use their money more wisely,that money could have funded childrens meals, even their flyers are send on expensive glossy paper and their campaign leaflets,that is a waste imo.
That's it. the funding provided in June was to pay for glossy calendars sent out in December. Or it may have been to support businesses and the locals, one of the two.

Kaz, you're a genuinely caring person. I see your empathy all the time when you create threads about abused animals. I guess I'm just confused why you appear to care more about animals on the other side of the world, than children in your own back yard.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 28-10-2020 at 09:43 AM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 09:53 AM #108

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's it. the funding provided in June was to pay for glossy calendars sent out in December. Or it may have been to support businesses and the locals, one of the two.

Kaz, you're a genuinely caring person. I see your empathy all the time when you create threads about abused animals. I guess I'm just confused why you appeaser to care more about animals on the other side of the world, than children in your own back yard.
Slim,I DO care about children, I just get pissed off when a system is abused ,some councils and organisations do NOT use the money given for important things, for example we got the council vans all having a facelift with Wallace and Gromit painted on their sides,and their offices revamped wtf,thats a waste of good money and makes me annoyed that they claim they have no money, of course All hungry kids should be fed, Give them vouchers for the meals ,so others cant use it for other things, Ide be happy with that, as for animals,imo they are voiceless and treated terribly at the hands of humans who are supposed to be top of the chain, There is lots of help out there now for children, and people in general,not much for animals although it's getting better,animals have it so much worse than we do. Plus we will still get the calendars this year,why not use that money for children?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 28-10-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 10:12 AM #109
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...how can the government also justify continual Universal Free school meals for all of Key-stage 1 children, which includes well off income families...(...who actually, many have asked not to have these as they’re not needed...)...when this already there funding could be given to the low income family children in providing nutritious meals for 52 weeks of the year...

Strong point again Ammi.

Some are choosing to miss the point.
Because they won't have a thing said about Johnson and his government that's negative.
That's possibly blatantly obvious.

Labour, Lib Dem and Con councils are doing their best to help fund free meals for children in the holidays.
With No extra help from the government at all really.

Why, because unlike in N.Ireland, Wales and Scotland.
Who are doing so.

This PM and this government, has decreed it's not this government's policy to extend the free meal funding to school holiday periods in ENGLAND.
This government's policy, no one else's.

So they are hardly going to give any real extra aid to something, they voted down saying it shouldn't be done.

Councils of all parties have said this is wrong.

However, for some it seems, defending an indefensible policy from their government, is more important than making sure that children do get those meals.
What a Country England is becoming to be so cruel.

Easier to blame Councils and others, even the parents of needy children.
Than put the blame where it rightly should be.
With the PM and government whose policy is NOT to provide this.
Having just voted it down in parliament too.

Something that is always avoided by this government's hard-line rabid supporters.
Unbelievable.

Last edited by joeysteele; 28-10-2020 at 10:24 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 10:15 AM #110
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Slim,I DO care about children, I just get pissed off when a system is abused ,some councils and organisations do NOT use the money given for important things, for example we got the council vans all having a facelift with Wallace and Gromit painted on their sides,and their offices revamped wtf,thats a waste of good money and makes me annoyed that they claim they have no money, of course All hungry kids should be fed, Give them vouchers for the meals ,so others cant use it for other things, Ide be happy with that, as for animals,imo they are voiceless and treated terribly at the hands of humans who are supposed to be top of the chain, There is lots of help out there now for children, and people in general,not much for animals although it's getting better,animals have it so much worse than we do. Plus we will still get the calendars this year,why not use that money for children?
Well the vans will more than likely come from their maintenance and repairs budget, which wouldn't be used to feed anyone anyway.

Calendars will come from their marketing or communications budget, and although you or I may not keep them, others will rely on them. I still use a calendar and I daresay you do too, I can just afford to buy one, or most likely I'll get one as a gift at christmas. I work with government/local authority tenders and those calendars will be pennies per unit. I know the cost will add up but it's not a case of cancelling the calendars and suddenly we're a country of abundance. I don't need public transport so why don't councils stop running the service and feed kids? You're looking at things through your situation, not the situation that less fortunate families find themselves in.

You're pointing out little, almost insignificant expenditures to excuse the cruelty of the government.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 28-10-2020 at 01:21 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 10:27 AM #111
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
The receipts

Old 28-10-2020, 10:54 AM #112

arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 11:30 AM #113
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

'Struggling' mum-of-five brought to tears after stranger leaves meals for her children on doorstep...

A mother-of-five broke down in tears after a kind-hearted stranger donated bags of food for her children on her doorstep.

Emma Frost, from Blacon, Chester, is currently self-isolating with her family after her partner’s brother tested positive for coronavirus.

She said she was “shocked” when her eldest child found two large bags of shopping and five children's lunch bags sitting outside her front door.

A note had been left with the shopping with the words "a gift from our family to yours".

The act of kindness comes after the government opposed a motion tabled by Labour last week to extend free school meals into half-term, leaving many families struggling.

Frost said: "My eldest went to the door as we were not expecting anyone and found the bags of shopping and five children's lunch bags.

"When she came in, she told me that someone had left the shopping with a note. When I read the note I teared up. I was shocked. It was totally unexpected.”

The note read: "Hi Emma, I'm doing food drops in the community, and someone has put your name forward to receive one. I'm also doing kids packed lunches Mon-Fri.

"If you don't want to receive the kids lunches, just send me a message. Otherwise I'll drop them between 10:30 and 12pm.

"No need to come to the door, I will knock, drop and leave. A gift from our family to yours.”

Thanking the stranger for "brightening her day up”, Frost added: "I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

“On a day where I was struggling mentally, you brightened it up. It is very much appreciated and it shows there are still some people sharing their humanity around."

Old 28-10-2020, 11:31 AM #114
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
'Struggling' mum-of-five brought to tears after stranger leaves meals for her children on doorstep...

A mother-of-five broke down in tears after a kind-hearted stranger donated bags of food for her children on her doorstep.

Emma Frost, from Blacon, Chester, is currently self-isolating with her family after her partner’s brother tested positive for coronavirus.

She said she was “shocked” when her eldest child found two large bags of shopping and five children's lunch bags sitting outside her front door.

A note had been left with the shopping with the words "a gift from our family to yours".

The act of kindness comes after the government opposed a motion tabled by Labour last week to extend free school meals into half-term, leaving many families struggling.

Frost said: "My eldest went to the door as we were not expecting anyone and found the bags of shopping and five children's lunch bags.

"When she came in, she told me that someone had left the shopping with a note. When I read the note I teared up. I was shocked. It was totally unexpected.”

The note read: "Hi Emma, I'm doing food drops in the community, and someone has put your name forward to receive one. I'm also doing kids packed lunches Mon-Fri.

"If you don't want to receive the kids lunches, just send me a message. Otherwise I'll drop them between 10:30 and 12pm.

"No need to come to the door, I will knock, drop and leave. A gift from our family to yours.”

Thanking the stranger for "brightening her day up”, Frost added: "I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

“On a day where I was struggling mentally, you brightened it up. It is very much appreciated and it shows there are still some people sharing their humanity around."

awww

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 11:36 AM #115
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...there are great people but that shouldn’t be relied on by a Government because those great people could find themselves struggling as well...
Old 28-10-2020, 01:35 PM #116

Last edited by arista; 28-10-2020 at 01:37 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 02:21 PM #117
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
The whole debate rests on the critique of a political decision to deny funding. Therefore to raise the issue of prior funding is relevant as it provides a basis for your opinion.

What basis does your 'he's a tit' opinion have? What are you regurgitating there besides what appears to be total ignorance, referencing the impact of cuts is not 'political garbage'.
Old 28-10-2020, 02:56 PM #118
Banned

Banned

Quote:
This is a good example of projection. The whole local council line is one regurgitated by Tory drones and it doesn't reflect the reality of things at all.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 03:05 PM #119

Marcus has been given a City of Manchester award
Old 28-10-2020, 03:54 PM #120
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
It's the only bit of silverware he will win this season

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 03:58 PM #121
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Why? Do you hate the idea of kids getting fed?
sure seems like it
Old 28-10-2020, 03:59 PM #122
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And very well deserved it is too

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 04:00 PM #123
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

i wonder if a white footballer was pushing for all of this would he be met with the same vitriol on this thread?

food for thought me thinks x
Old 28-10-2020, 04:18 PM #124
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Quote:
Thoroughly deserved too . There’s so many families that are probably struggling right now and a lot of children in desperate need so his contributions to help make their lives just that little bit easier is admiring.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 04:26 PM #125
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
i wonder if a white footballer was pushing for all of this would he be met with the same vitriol on this thread?

food for thought me thinks x
fair point.

Also in regards to the Gov though I think they would object to it whatever race had proposed it just because they are heartless bastards.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
award, efforts, free, gov, government, heard, hero, june, marcus, meals, obtains, rashford, school, title, turn, updated, wins