Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:05 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
not defending tommy of course

but these BLM protesters have every right to stand up for their cause, as my country's PM Mark Rutte says ''it is good you have your rights to protest something what we should never take away from anyone''
No they do not have the right to break social distancing laws, to spread the covid, to smash up 100s of businesses, to injure and kill people and spread the disease across the planet. No one has the right to do any of that.
utopianman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:05 PM #27
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Different countries, different rules. Apples and Oranges don't make for a good comparison.
these were people protesting outside the french embassy in london, so same city
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:06 PM #28
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopianman View Post
No they do not have the right to break social distancing laws, to spread the covid, to smash up 100s of businesses, to injure and kill people and spread the disease across the planet. No one has the right to do any of that.
Since you haven't answered in the other thread, how many people have BLM protesters killed? I want cold hard numbers.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:19 PM #29
You know my methods

You know my methods

go to about 2h.25on wards

To remember what it was like before the pandemic and we could all mix as we please

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:46 PM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Different countries, different rules. Apples and Oranges don't make for a good comparison.
They were outside the French Embassy in London, its the same City last time I checked

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:44 PM #31

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Since you haven't answered in the other thread, how many people have BLM protesters killed? I want cold hard numbers.
Wouldn't be unrealistic to assume thousands with the spreading of Convid during the protests.

Last edited by Swan; 02-11-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM #32
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Wouldn't be unrealistic to assume thousands with the spreading of Convid during the protests.
Nope!

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...covid-19-cases

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-covid19-surge

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/20...at-didnt-exist

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:43 PM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
As much as the right wing would love that, it did not, as evidenced by Smithy.

The truth is that the permabanned multi is simply making **** up, pretty much all the deaths in the protests so far were comitted by police, right wing extremists or were either unrelated to the protests or can't be proven either way.
Literally no story will convince me otherwise that any kind of protest with a large group of people wouldn't spread a highly contagious virus. What about the people who carried, but had no symptoms? They would have unknowingly spread. Those links don't really provide concrete evidence because there isn't any, and there never will be. No one will ever know the actual figure spread during the riots and protests, it's impossible. As much as the left wing want to lie and say no one caught covid at a protest/riot, it would be utterly insane to believe that.

So i'll stick with my thousands of people probably caught covid at protest/riots and a lot would have died. I mean it's common sense to assume that.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:45 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Not people arguing against data and facts skjskjs
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:06 AM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm not convinced either on that one, the advice is to to give each other space, we are quick to point out that during anti mask protests these people pose a risk. There are other factors in those links that show that during violent protests or riots there is a greater risk of transmission. Police kettling rioters, herding them into ever closer groups being one, holding them together in confined spaces when arrested and probably the most obvious teargassing which promotes crying, coughing and sneezing.

During a pandemic it would be nonsensical to suggest those protests posed no risk, logically that's impossible.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:02 AM #36
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Literally no story will convince me otherwise that any kind of protest with a large group of people wouldn't spread a highly contagious virus. What about the people who carried, but had no symptoms? They would have unknowingly spread. Those links don't really provide concrete evidence because there isn't any, and there never will be. No one will ever know the actual figure spread during the riots and protests, it's impossible. As much as the left wing want to lie and say no one caught covid at a protest/riot, it would be utterly insane to believe that.

So i'll stick with my thousands of people probably caught covid at protest/riots and a lot would have died. I mean it's common sense to assume that.
It's not common sense to argue against facts and sound logic. There was no uptick, people wore masks and distanced when possible, that's the difference between the BLM protests and, say, the Trump rallies where they deny science.

You're perfectly entitled to be wrong, but let's not call it common sense when you're rejecting evidence simply because you don't like it.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:06 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It's not common sense to argue against facts and sound logic. There was no uptick, people wore masks and distanced when possible, that's the difference between the BLM protests and, say, the Trump rallies where they deny science.

You're perfectly entitled to be wrong, but let's not call it common sense when you're rejecting evidence simply because you don't like it.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Plenty of examples of protesters 'denying science' not wearing masks. What makes these people immune?
Old 03-11-2020, 02:12 PM #38
Banned

Banned

A good example of cherrypicking but that doesn't change the fact that there was no uptick.

It also doesn't change the fact that you, upon taking on that permabanned member's argument, are changing the goalposts. The question I asked that member was how many people have BLM killed, you've not been able to provide an answer but you shouted down articles that were provided that knocked the wind out of your argument.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:19 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
A good example of cherrypicking but that doesn't change the fact that there was no uptick.

It also doesn't change the fact that you, upon taking on that permabanned member's argument, are changing the goalposts. The question I asked that member was how many people have BLM killed, you've not been able to provide an answer but you shouted down articles that were provided that knocked the wind out of your argument.
Just google BLM and go to images. No cherrypicking, as you'll see.

I don't know who this member is you keep going on about, but you seem happy they were permabanned. Im just saying it's ridiculous to think no one caught covid at a BLM protest, just utterly crazy to think otherwise. It has nothing to do what BLM stands for, as i previously said any large group of people together pose a risk, mask or not. It's simply logic and fact.

Edit..Ok now i know who was banned.

Last edited by Swan; 03-11-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:30 PM #40
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Just google BLM and go to images. No cherrypicking, as you'll see.

I don't know who this member is you keep going on about, but you seem happy they were permabanned. Im just saying it's ridiculous to think no one caught covid at a BLM protest, just utterly crazy to think otherwise. It has nothing to do what BLM stands for, as i previously said any large group of people together pose a risk, mask or not. It's simply logic and fact.

Edit..Ok now i know who was banned.
But if the facts don't support that then they don't support it. I could easily drag up images of BLM protesters in masks but that would be as pointless as it was when you did it. There's been no noticeable uptick that can attributed to the protest in areas where big protests happened.

That member's whole sctick was that BLM was actively killing people and the truth is, they are not. Killing people is more the Right's speed.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:38 PM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
But if the facts don't support that then they don't support it. I could easily drag up images of BLM protesters in masks but that would be as pointless as it was when you did it. There's been no noticeable uptick that can attributed to the protest in areas where big protests happened.

That member's whole sctick was that BLM was actively killing people and the truth is, they are not. Killing people is more the Right's speed.
Well that's that member's problem, i never suggested BLM intentionally killed people. Im merely stating the obvious. Large groups of people together (even if most were wearing masks) still pose a massive threat when it comes to spreading a highly contagious virus. It's impossible, absolutely 100% impossible that not ONE person contracted Covid after attending a BLM protest. Like i said, i imagine thousands did. Im not arguing facts because no one will ever know how many did, and didn't contract Covid at a protest.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:54 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Well that's that member's problem, i never suggested BLM intentionally killed people. Im merely stating the obvious. Large groups of people together (even if most were wearing masks) still pose a massive threat when it comes to spreading a highly contagious virus. It's impossible, absolutely 100% impossible that not ONE person contracted Covid after attending a BLM protest. Like i said, i imagine thousands did. Im not arguing facts because no one will ever know how many did, and didn't contract Covid at a protest.
If thousands were contracting it at protests then it would reflect it in the stats since there would be a bump in numbers that align with protest days, but there isn't.

This ain't a hill worth dying on, you can't use what might have been as an argument against what is.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrested, robinson, tommy