Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-07-2021, 07:21 PM #2501
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
there were a couple of vaccination centres that popped up close to me a few weeks ago and they have gone again, probably because there is next to no demand anymore. I don't think they will get many more first jabs and i don't think requiring it for night clubs will convince anyone either. It will be holidays abroad that will swing the decision for most and that will be next year
Not sure about that as it will be any indoor venue with crowds so concerts as well

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 07:23 PM #2502
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think the venues will just ignore the requirement
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 08:24 PM #2503

https://twitter.com/bbcnwt/status/14...676831244?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 07:16 AM #2504

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):

The way they are pressuring everyone to get the vaccine strikes me as odd and unnervingly controlling

People should get to make the choice what medical procedure they accept and do no accept and shouldn't be forced into anything. If people have made the choice not to get vaccine and get ill or die they are aware this could happen and have made the decision

For those that have the vaccine surely they should have the same level of protection whether or not everyone has the vaccine or not

As for if the vaccines do truly work I guess we still need more time to see

For those that may be hesitant to get a vaccine I don't blame them. Not all of them are conspiracy theorists who think they are getting a microchip. A lot would rather be poorly with covid for a week then how poorly a vaccine could possibly make them

Speaking from a personal experience. My brother in law is still in hospital. The astra zenaca jab attacked his body. It's almost been 2 months. He's basically gone back to being a baby. He has to eat pureed food. He can't communicate. The few words he does use mean something else entirely so he can't say what he wants to say. His brain isn't working properly. He still doesnt have mobility in his arm. He won't be ever able to do his job again. He's having to have intensive rehabilitation. I'm sure he wishes he didn't have the vaccine and just had covid for a week.

So this controlling corrupt rule breaking government can quite frankly do one because a lot more of us are seeing through the lies and what may be truly going on beneath the surface here.

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 20-07-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 07:26 AM #2505
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post
The way they are pressuring everyone to get the vaccine strikes me as odd and unnervingly controlling

People should get to make the choice what medical procedure they accept and do no accept and shouldn't be forced into anything. If people have made the choice not to get vaccine and get ill or die they are aware this could happen and have made the decision

For those that have the vaccine surely they should have the same level of protection whether or not everyone has the vaccine or not

For those that may be hesitant to get a vaccine I don't blame them. Not all of them are conspiracy theorists who think they are getting a microchip. A lot would rather be poorly with covid for a week then how poorly a vaccine could possibly make them

Speaking from a personal experience. My brother in law is still in hospital. The astra zenaca jab attacked his body. It's almost been 2 months. He's basically gone back to being a baby. He has to eat pureed food. He can't communicate. The few words he does use mean something else entirely so he can't say what he wants to say. His brain isn't working properly. He still doesnt have mobility in his arm. He won't be ever able to do his job again. He's having to have intensive rehabilitation. I'm sure he wishes he didn't have the vaccine and just had covid for a week.

So this controlling corrupt rule breaking government can quite frankly do one because a lot more of us are seeing through the lies and what may be truly going on beneath the surface here.

sorry to hear about your brother in law Jake, I think the point is that the virus may mutate and make vaccinations null and void, and we are back to the situation again with overflowing hospitals

passports are already in operation across Europe, Denmark for instance will only allow vaccinated people into restaurants so I think we are very low down on the list of what is currently required and mandated,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57665765

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 20-07-2021 at 07:39 AM.
Old 20-07-2021, 07:29 AM #2506
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I'm sorry. Hope he gets better.
I wonder if he may have been allergic? Because that was a very strong reaction to the vaccine.
Old 20-07-2021, 07:38 AM #2507
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

meanwhile my mom again moaning at me if i shouldn't change my mind and get vaccinated more like ''we see more youths now ending up in hospital and some on ICU''

it is my own opinion, and i replied back with ''yes but i am not like those particular youths, i never go to nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, stores''

i somehow am glad to be a antisocial introvert in times like these

and as for holiday, or if i ever need to see doctor, i'll wear my FFP2 face mask

so i still stick to my opinion, and i refuse the vaccine
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 07:41 AM #2508

Quote:
i think the venues will just ignore the requirement

No,
they can not get away with that
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 07:48 AM #2509

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I'm sorry. Hope he gets better.
I wonder if he may have been allergic? Because that was a very strong reaction to the vaccine.
Very likely could have been. But the point I'm making is a lot of people may refuse the vaccine not because of rebellion etc but because they are worried of the side effects it could leave Vs the side effects of covid.

I understand that vunerable and elderly should have the vaccine as they don't have as good a chance if they catch covid.

But as for pressuring teenagers to get a jab. When it's unlikely covid would do any lasting harm. It just seems really odd to me.
Old 20-07-2021, 07:50 AM #2510

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
sorry to hear about your brother in law Jake, I think the point is that the virus may mutate and make vaccinations null and void, and we are back to the situation again with overflowing hospitals

passports are already in operation across Europe, Denmark for instance will only allow vaccinated people into restaurants so I think we are very low down on the list of what is currently required and mandated,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57665765
Could the virus still mutate even if everyone does have the vaccine though?

Also give it time as for our vaccine passports it may still be brought into place regarding restaurants etc
Old 20-07-2021, 07:58 AM #2511
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Could the virus still mutate even if everyone does have the vaccine though?

Also give it time as for our vaccine passports it may still be brought into place regarding restaurants etc
if the virus isn't circulating then it has less chance to mutate, twenty vaccinated people in a room are going to have a much lower risk of having the virus or passing it on than 20 people in a room where only 10 are vaccinated

I have no doubt vaccine passports will be required especially in the winter months, I would rather a passport than lockdown, and for those who can't physically take it I think there will be some sort of leeway

Old 20-07-2021, 07:58 AM #2512
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

the mutations argument is nonsense. As long as the virus is active anywhere in the world it will mutate, it has nothing to do with the uk specifically. The virus mutates all the time, constantly, so again, people are talking nonsense on that one. Every so often a new strain will come along that is more infectious or more dangerous, but we are never going to get infections down to zero in the uk let alone across the world, so trying to guilt trip people into vaccination is not a clever strategy
Old 20-07-2021, 08:08 AM #2513
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Very likely could have been. But the point I'm making is a lot of people may refuse the vaccine not because of rebellion etc but because they are worried of the side effects it could leave Vs the side effects of covid.

I understand that vunerable and elderly should have the vaccine as they don't have as good a chance if they catch covid.

But as for pressuring teenagers to get a jab. When it's unlikely covid would do any lasting harm. It just seems really odd to me.
Yes. My sister has refused the vaccine as well, so I'm worried for her.
But it should always be a personal choice, you can't force people to get vaccinated.
Old 20-07-2021, 10:52 AM #2514
-

-

Quote:
the mutations argument is nonsense. As long as the virus is active anywhere in the world it will mutate, it has nothing to do with the uk specifically. The virus mutates all the time, constantly, so again, people are talking nonsense on that one. Every so often a new strain will come along that is more infectious or more dangerous, but we are never going to get infections down to zero in the uk let alone across the world, so trying to guilt trip people into vaccination is not a clever strategy
Exactly, the mutations argument doesn't really hold water when the virus is rampant across India, South America, etc... any new dominant strain that mutates elsewhere will find its way into the UK.

It's also worth noting that the traits of a mutation are a dice roll - "mutation" doesn't necessarily mean "getting worse", which I think is often assumed. In theory, if a dominant strain of extremely-infectious-yet-very-mild Covid was to emerge, we would absolutely WANT that to spread through the population, as it would help to edge out strains with more incidences of severe symptoms.

TBH a best-case-scenario is a mutation that spreads like wildfire, but that's so mild that basically no one gets severely ill (there will always be risk to the very elderly and immune suppressed, unfortunately).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 11:23 AM #2515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

TBH a best-case-scenario is a mutation that spreads like wildfire, but that's so mild that basically no one gets severely ill (there will always be risk to the very elderly and immune suppressed, unfortunately).

Maybe they should be researching that very thing ?

Old 20-07-2021, 11:25 AM #2516
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Maybe they should be researching that very thing ?

thats really what the vaccine does, but safe artificial means
Old 20-07-2021, 11:35 AM #2517
User banned

User banned

Cherie and her never ending tunnel
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 11:37 AM #2518

Quote:
thats really what the vaccine does, but safe artificial means

That was what I was alluding to

Old 20-07-2021, 12:27 PM #2519
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

If anyone wants to leave the UK they are going to have to be vaccinated anyway so they may as well suck it up now and get it over with tbh

Old 20-07-2021, 12:28 PM #2520
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
Cherie and her never ending tunnel
The light went out?

Old 02-08-2021, 10:35 AM #2521
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Booster jabs will start next month for over 50s, you may get a different vaccine to the one you got originally ..the magnets are coming

Old 02-08-2021, 10:46 AM #2522
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Booster jabs will start next month for over 50s, you may get a different vaccine to the one you got originally ..the magnets are coming
they will probably do it in age order again, so i will get mine November ish

I don't think it really matters what vaccine you get, it just gives the immune system a top up. Apparently in russia and china they have already had boosters as the vaccine isnt combatting the delta variant very well
Old 04-08-2021, 12:21 AM #2523

Covid: Vaccines to be offered to 16 and 17 year olds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58080232
Old 04-08-2021, 12:22 AM #2524

Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 AM #2525

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
90%, covid, end, light, news, offers, protection, tunnel, vaccine