Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:36 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default Jessica Simpson announces new Amazon show chronicling her mid twenties and docuseries

Quote:
Jessica Simpson has announced she is teaming up with Amazon Studios to create a scripted series chronicling her life in her mid-twenties.

The series will follow a fictionalized version of Jessica 'coming of age in her mid-twenties, following her divorce, on the journey to discovering herself,' according to a statement obtained by Rolling Stone.

The series is just one of several projects Simpson, 40, will be bringing to life through Amazon, including an unscripted docuseries based on her new memoir, Open Book.

Jessica shared the big news on Instagram, where she posted a gleeful snap of herself posing beside a brightly-lit Amazon sign by a rolling hillside.

'I am humbled and honored to partner with @amazonstudios to bring my story and heart to life on the screen and executive produce a fictionalized coming of age series about my mid-twenties, a new intimate unscripted docuseries with music as a key component and 2 essays where I will share my soul and perspective while holding your heart close to mine,' she announced.

The two essays Jessica will be releasing will be focused on motherhood and gratitude, and will be published through Amazon Original Stories next year, according to Rolling Stone.

Jessica became a New York Times bestselling author earlier this year with the release of her memoir Open Book, which also serves as the inspiration for the scripted series she will be developing with Amazon, adds Rolling Stone.

'I am humbled and honored to partner with Amazon Studios to bring my story and heart to life on the screen,' Jessica said in a statement obtained by the music site.

'I know that parts of my life have been extraordinary, but I also know that many of my struggles are universal. I hope to continue the mission I set out to accomplish in writing Open Book — to inspire others to be entertained, moved, and empowered to walk through fear and come out on the other side even stronger.'

Fans will gain even more access to Jessica's inner world through her docuseries, which sets to expand on her memoir with never-before-seen personal footage captured these last 10 years, according to Rolling Stone.

The series will 'explore the highs and lows of Simpson's life, including her singing career, her journey to sobriety, starting a family, the rise of creating a billion-dollar business, and finding her voice.'

While her essays are set for publication next year, no release dates have been announced for the two series.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...dailymailceleb

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amazon, announces, chronicling, docuseries, jessica, mid, show, simpson, twenties