Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-12-2020, 12:16 PM #26
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
You might want that, but other tax payers don't.
You would rather your tax contributions go to tory donors than hungry kids? Is this where we've arrived?
Old 16-12-2020, 12:20 PM #27
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
You would rather your tax contributions go to tory donors than hungry kids? Is this where we've arrived?
Obviously not.

But like I keep saying, with charities like children in need, then kids shouldn't need to beg the government for food. You do know that Children in need is sitting on millions of pounds, I've seen them tweet saying that themselves.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 12:24 PM #28
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Obviously not.

But like I keep saying, with charities like children in need, then kids shouldn't need to beg the government for food. You do know that Children in need is sitting on millions of pounds, I've seen them tweet saying that themselves.
Charities and government are not the same or interchangeable. I have issues with CIN, I never give them a penny, but that doesn't absolve the gov of doing the bare minimum.

Poverty and child poverty numbers in this country are obscene, and it was so prior to covid.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:27 PM #29
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Charities and government are not the same or interchangeable. I have issues with CIN, I never give them a penny, but that doesn't absolve the gov of doing the bare minimum.

Poverty and child poverty numbers in this country are obscene, and it was so prior to covid.
Bucke up, because it's gonna get much worse. We've all seen this year the attempts to crash the economy.

China will be our masters in the near future.if they're not already.

Last edited by Alf; 16-12-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:31 PM #30
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Bucke up, because it's gonna get much worse. We've all seen this year the attempts to crash the economy.

China will be our masters in the near future.
You make it sound like there's nothing that can be done, when that's just nonsense. It's a choice that we as a country keep endorsing because the absolute monstrosity of tory cruelty keeps being voted back in to do more damage. Unfortunately labour are also run by a tory, so there's not much hope of any alternative.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:42 PM #31
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
You make it sound like there's nothing that can be done, when that's just nonsense. It's a choice that we as a country keep endorsing because the absolute monstrosity of tory cruelty keeps being voted back in to do more damage. Unfortunately labour are also run by a tory, so there's not much hope of any alternative.
Tories or Labour don't rule or run anything. The Politicians are just puppets, actors.

Until the people work out that they have the power, then nothing will change.

If you think you can put any one other than the chosen establishment into government, then you're just dreaming. Anyone who attempts to challenge them will be deplatformed, branded a bigot, a racist, a sexist. Anything to discredit them and to shut them down. Alternatively they might be called a looney leftie, Commie, whatever it takes to stop them.

Donald Trump was/is our only hope. But you've seen what lengths they'd go to to stop him.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:45 PM #32
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Tories or Labour don't rule or run anything. The Politicians are just puppets, actors.

Until the people work out that they have the power, then nothing will change.

If you think you can put any one other than the chosen establishment into government, then you're just dreaming. Anyone who attempts to challenge them will be deplatformed, branded a bigot, a racist, a sexist. Anything to discredit them and to shut them down. Alternatively they might be called a looney leftie, Commie, whatever it takes to stop them.

Donald Trump was/is our only hope. But you've seen what lengths they'd go to to stop him.
I mean you sort of hit on the problem, because that's what happened to Corbyn who had intentions to make society a fairer place, but then you present the (pretend) billionaire who used his office to enrich himself, his family, and other rich people, so...
Old 16-12-2020, 12:48 PM #33
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I mean you sort of hit on the problem, because that's what happened to Corbyn who had intentions to make society a fairer place, but then you present the (pretend) billionaire who used his office to enrich himself, his family, and other rich people, so...
Trump is the only one who has taken on the establishment, it's because he's not a politician. While I'm sure Corbyn means well, at the end of the day he is a career politician and he answers to the money people, Trump doesn't, he doesn't need too.

Last edited by Alf; 16-12-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:52 PM #34
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Trump is the only one who has taken on the establishment, it's because he's not a politician. While I'm sure Corbyn means we'll, at the end of the day he is a career politician and he answers to the money people, Trump doesn't, he doesn't need too.
He didn't take on any establishment. A NY property developer is the epitome of establishment. His policies were always republican policies.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:56 PM #35
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Obviously not.

When cuts are being made to welfare programs and support systems such as SureStart, the least the government can do is make sure kids have something to eat. Tbh all children should be entitled to free school meals, and this should be honoured when the schools are closed too. And sure, this could be in the form of vouchers, or some kind of food subscription service.

As for CiN, since 1980 its garnered about 1.5 billion. That's an average of about 37 million per year. With about 12 million children in the UK, that'd give them about three million to feed each child. But of course, as a charity they have to pay their admin staff! And the money doesn't just go to fedi g children, one charity it supports is one that campaigns against mothers being imprisoned. The money also gets squandered on crap like helping a girl sue her school because she didn't want to wear the uniform.

To expect a charity to pick up the slack of a neglectful government isn't the way to go.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 12:56 PM #36
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
He didn't take on any establishment. A NY property developer is the epitome of establishment. His policies were always republican policies.
He told you right from the start and has been saying it ever since what his polices are, America first. He's for all America, and that's why he won easily and that's why we're gonna find out how big they tried cheating him.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:59 PM #37
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
When cuts are being made to welfare programs and support systems such as SureStart, the least the government can do is make sure kids have something to eat. Tbh all children should be entitled to free school meals, and this should be honoured when the schools are closed too. And sure, this could be in the form of vouchers, or some kind of food subscription service.

As for CiN, since 1980 its garnered about 1.5 billion. That's an average of about 37 million per year. With about 12 million children in the UK, that'd give them about three million to feed each child. But of course, as a charity they have to pay their admin staff! And the money doesn't just go to fedi g children, one charity it supports is one that campaigns against mothers being imprisoned. The money also gets squandered on crap like helping a girl sue her school because she didn't want to wear the uniform.

To expect a charity to pick up the slack of a neglectful government isn't the way to go.
They're not picking up any stick, there are Children in need, there is a charity that helps children in need, use it.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:07 PM #38
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
He told you right from the start and has been saying it ever since what his polices are, America first. He's for all America, and that's why he won easily and that's why we're gonna find out how big they tried cheating him.
Just like every republican. Him saying he was anti-establishment doesn't make it true. The only thing he was really different about, was sucking up to Putin, befriending dictators, and being as openly hostile to minorities. Everything else was exactly the same.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:14 PM #39
Banned

Banned

Rule Britannia! Britannia rules the waves! Greatest country in the world, innit? We don't need help, the world needs us, we don't need them!
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 01:22 PM #40
Banned

Banned

Quote:
As long as the Tories keep bleating on about immigrants, Tory voters don't care where tax goes. They've been cheering for tax money lining the pockets of the rich for years in the guise that the Tories will do something about immigrants.

A Trump supporter famously said that she was angry at Trump because he wasn't hurting the 'right people' (Read: Non-white people) and I think that attitude applies to the Tory supporters. They don't care if supporting the Tories hurts them, just as long as the Tories demonise immigrants and appeals to their hatred, it's all fine and dandy.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:25 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
How is it good that the 6th richest economy in the world needs a charity to feed children?

It’s shameful

Sure Blame New Labour 1997-2010
they could have set it up.

[UNICEF
Formation 11 December 1946; 74 years]

Last edited by arista; 16-12-2020 at 01:27 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 01:29 PM #42
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Sure Blame New Labour 1997-2010
they could have set it up.

[UNICEF
Formation 11 December 1946; 74 years]
I don't get the reference, Arista. what are you saying?
Old 16-12-2020, 01:34 PM #43

Quote:
I don't get the reference, Arista. what are you saying?

Blair could have set up help
to go forever
Old 16-12-2020, 01:35 PM #44
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Blair could have set up help
to go forever
So you're blaming someone who hasn't been in power for over a decade but none of the three Tory PMs we've had since then?
Old 16-12-2020, 01:36 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
So you're blaming someone who hasn't been in power for over a decade but none of the three Tory PMs we've had since then?

I am blaming all
But mostly Blair's New Labour
Old 16-12-2020, 01:40 PM #46
Banned

Banned

No, you're not blaming all, you're pretending to in order to place the blame on a government who has been out of power for over a decade.

The Tories have been making life difficult for the working class and impoverished since they regained power. Benefits meant to help people are used as weapons in the Universal Credit scheme and the Tories see fit to have people reliant on food banks and charity instead of fulfilling their role as a government and sorting out the issue themselves and you have a bunch of tory sheep praising them by saying it's not the government's problem when it very much is because a government is meant to tackle issues that plague the populace.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:42 PM #47

Quote:
No, you're not blaming all, you're pretending to in order to place the blame on a government who has been out of power for over a decade.

The Tories have been making life difficult for the working class and impoverished since they regained power. Benefits meant to help people are used as weapons in the Universal Credit scheme and the Tories see fit to have people reliant on food banks and charity instead of fulfilling their role as a government and sorting out the issue themselves and you have a bunch of tory sheep praising them by saying it's not the government's problem when it very much is because a government is meant to tackle issues that plague the populace.

It's All Blairs Fault
he left it in, the sloppy hands of G. Brown

Last edited by arista; 16-12-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:45 PM #48
Banned

Banned

We weren't relying on Unicef before the current Tory reign. This is an issue born out of the administrations that have been running the show for the past ten years.

You can pretend otherwise but all you're doing is defending people who don't give a **** about you.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:49 PM #49

Quote:
We weren't relying on Unicef before the current Tory reign. This is an issue born out of the administrations that have been running the show for the past ten years.

You can pretend otherwise but all you're doing is defending people who don't give a **** about you.

But in Blair's long time in Power
he could have set it all up
to run, forever.
Old 16-12-2020, 02:11 PM #50
Banned

Banned

Why not the Tories who have been running the show for a decade who created this problem in the first place? More people are reliant on food banks than ever before and that's not something that began before the Tories took charge.

The cognitive dissonance of tory supporters is just bizarre.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
children, feed, history, time, uk, unicef