Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 22-12-2020, 10:19 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Your 10 worst TV characters of all time?

I know that these threads get done every so often, but as I've been watching a lot of TV/Anime this year I really want to unleash some venom at some TV characters that really pissed me off.

For me I'm personally leaving off my usual victims like Spike, Negan, and Lori, and instead I'm picking on new victims of my hatred.

1 is your worst, and 10 being your most tolerable worst.

1. Hilary Tachibana (Beyblade) - I was really enjoying Beyblade for what it was, until Season 2 came along where Hilary showed up and made me quit the Show after 11 episodes into the Season. While there have been loads of characters like Hilary in Anime over the years, I honestly don't think that I've ever seen a character with very few redeeming aspects to their character. And sadly she did just feel like a token character as she didn't really serve any interesting functions on the programme, unless you're into the Hilary/Tyson relationship which I wasn't.

2. Cordelia Chase (Angel) - Yikes! I'm gonna be watching the Season 3 finale today and I'm barely getting through it thanks to Cordelia's exceptionally bad writing throughout the Season. In fairness she serves more of a function to her Show than Hilary does in Beyblade, but her material is exceptionally bad imo and it makes me really miss her character on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

3. Flay Allster (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed) - Despite being oddly entertaining to see how low her writing could go, her writing has to be one of the worst that I've possibly ever seen in any kind of fiction. Thankfully the car crash entertainment that she brought to the table stopped her from being number 1 on my list. However she did take some credibility away from not just the Show but Kira (the lead) which is a shame because there are aspects of Gundam Seed that are fun to watch, and even some interesting Dramatic moments if you can get away from how badly written Flay is imo.

4. Krista Lenz (Attack On Titan) - AOT is a high quality Anime in every aspect bar the Krista character, imo the Krista character is where the Show makes some mistakes without going into too many details for people that might be interested in checking the Show out. I've not watched any episodes of Season 4 yet but I hope that she's not in them too heavily.

5. Groosalugg (Angel) - In fairness he isn't particularly irritating per say, but he just isn't particularly interesting either. Sadly it seems that the character was only drafted in to be a thorn to the Angel/Cordelia relationship which sadly makes his character for my tastes redundant.

6. Kate Lockley (Angel) - I found her character to be quite dull, and that her character turns Angel into a Crime Procedural rather than a Fantasy Show like it's meant to be. Especially in Season 1 where some of the episodes wouldn't go amiss from Law & Order.

7. Henry Wingrave (The Haunting Of Bly Manor) - I just found his character to be wasted potential if I'm to be completely honest.

8. Relena Darlian (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing) - I found her character to be dull and badly written, nothing particularly special about how bad her character is to me, but she just wasn't to my personal tastes.

9. Saji Crossroad (Mobile Suit Gundam 00) - I actually strongly dislike Saji as he reminded me of Suzaku from Code Geass who I also strongly disliked. However his dynamic with Setsuna in Season 2 is still something that gives him a leg up over the characters above him even if he was written like a prick.

10. Louise Halevy (Mobile Suit Gundam 00) - Personally I would've liked her Season 2 storyline to have taken a more darker conclusion as sadly I do see her character as a bit wasted despite the fact that the build-up at the end of Season 1 had potential for the character.

I apologise for the long post, I just had to get it off my chest.

I'm looking forward to other people's lists.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 12:09 PM #2
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Caulifla from Dragon Ball Super is pretty annoying. Overbearing, annoying and I really do not like how easy they made it to her to become Super Sayan.

Ribrianne and others of the love squad of Universe 2.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, characters, time, tv, worst