Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:07 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Default Tiffany pollard transphobic row

A week old but I didn’t see a thread on this and I know there are a lot of Tiffany stans on this forum

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/t...obic-comments/

Reality TV personality Tiffany Pollard has released an apology after she was seen making transphobic comments on the reality dating show One Mo Chance.

Pollard took to Instagram and posted a 2:35 minute video apologizing with the caption, stating: “If y’all only new ALL the LOVE inside my HEART. I could NEVER hate on Trans women! It’s the community that has been in my corner since the very start.”

The former Celebrity Big Brother star made the transphobic comments to Tiffany Walker, a contestant on the Zeus produced show.

In the One Mo Chance clip, Pollard is seen telling Walker that she “believes” she is a man and then goes on to say: “Does it bother you when I tell you that I feel like your a man? That you have genitalia, like penis, balls and sweaty d***?”

Posting her apology yesterday evening, the Flavor of Love star states: “[…]Let me say this and say it loud, free and clearly that I am not transphobic, I can never be, I can’t even play that way. I don’t have a transphobic bone in my body.”

She continued: “I love and respect everyone in the community, you guys always show up and show out for me, and the love is real, and you should know that I want you to feel that way.”

Pollard then went on to say that she “always gets mistaken for a man” and that she internalizes those assumptions as “strength.”

“So me calling her man, it wasn’t really like anything disrespectful, it was just me enduring and actually going through what I go through on a regular basis and just putting that on her and seeing how she can handle it.

“But I would have never disrespected anyone like I said we had a wonderful time on set, you know the lady is beautiful,” she said.

Pollard’s apology has been met with criticism from fans and her industry peers.

Munroe Bergdorf expressed her disappointment in the apology stating: “Tiffany as a fan, please listen to the community. That clip was not it. Referring to trans women as men and interrogating them about their genitalia is transphobic.

“Whether it was your intention or not. That is what it is. I don’t believe in cancelling, but I do believe in accountability. It’s a shame to see that you don’t understand the harm your actions have caused.”

Isis King also commented on the apology giving encouraging Pollard to take the time to realize how her words can effect fans.

“Tiffany as a super fan of yours I will say this, regardless of what you as a cis woman get called the wording is just wrong.

“I know you support the community and I just want you to be more aware of your wording and how it could be triggered to some of your fans,” she said.

Last edited by Elliot; 07-01-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:51 PM #2
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Soon the most of things you can say is gonna be less than the list of things you can.

She’s clearly just insulting the woman saying she’s a man and using that as an an insult for her looks. I doubt any transgender insult intention was made.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:51 PM #3
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Can’t stand “cancel culture”
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:11 AM #4
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

She was always deeply unpleasant and I don't know why anyone would expect better of her. All of her "iconic" moments involve putting others down for their appearances, being crass and abrasive, and overreacting and refusing to listen. Seems this is just more of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:47 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...that has to be a worst apology ever...she made it all about her, it was like a promo thing...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:51 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Do people realise Tiffany Pollard comes from a very strict conservative background ??. And she's always come out with controversial comments. Plus she never exactly came across as innocent and sweet.

What's weird is On flavour of love another contestant kept calling her a man and said vulgar comments in general towards Tiffany.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 08-01-2021 at 06:52 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:57 PM #7
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I can understand her rationale, that she's just saying she (and other women) are regularly told they look too manly, but the phrasing was waaaay off and instead of understanding why it would be construed as offensive, she doubled down and refused to acknowledge it. Also don't really understand this part:

Quote:
So me calling her man, it wasn’t really like anything disrespectful, it was just me enduring and actually going through what I go through on a regular basis and just putting that on her and seeing how she can handle it.
She literally used it as a reason to eliminate this woman from the competition - I don't really see how you can't have said it in a disrespectful manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:20 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I can understand her rationale, that she's just saying she (and other women) are regularly told they look too manly, but the phrasing was waaaay off and instead of understanding why it would be construed as offensive, she doubled down and refused to acknowledge it. Also don't really understand this part:

She literally used it as a reason to eliminate this woman from the competition - I don't really see how you can't have said it in a disrespectful manner.
Did you ever watch ' flavour of love' Shaun? , There was a vile contestant called 'pumpkin' who spat in Tiffany's face .
She also kept calling Tiffany a "tra nny" and a "man" . And at the reunion made a nasty comment about castration towards her.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 10-01-2021 at 01:22 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 04:05 PM #9
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Soon the most of things you can say is gonna be less than the list of things you can.
Quote:
Does it bother you when I tell you that I feel like your a man? That you have genitalia, like penis, balls and sweaty d***?”
I must have missed the era when that was on the list of things you can/should say to a trans woman.
Old 13-01-2021, 04:29 PM #10
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I was sincerely disappointed when I saw this on Twitter.

I think the comments came from a place of sheer stupidity and ignorance, rather than genuine transphobia. I know Chance, who the show revolves around, is literally homophobic (from watching him on past VH1 shows) and supposedly referred to the contestant as 'Mangina' which prompted the discussion.

It's a shame Tiffany had to associate with him and the show. I genuinely think she stupidly went along with the storyline and didn't see any issues with her comments.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
pollard, row, tiffany, transphobic