Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: How’s your sleep schedule been?
(Relatively) unchanged 8 44.44%
(Relatively) unchanged
8 44.44%
I’ve been sleeping more 0 0%
I’ve been sleeping more
0 0%
I’ve been sleeping less 5 27.78%
I’ve been sleeping less
5 27.78%
It’s been more inconsistent/variable than anything else 4 22.22%
It’s been more inconsistent/variable than anything else
4 22.22%
Other 1 5.56%
Other
1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-01-2021, 05:06 PM #26

Nope. Same as usual. I think I've acclimatised to lockdown. Not had any of the knock on effects to my mental health like I had with the last 2.

Touch wood.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 09:08 PM #27
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

A bit of a mess but then it always has been

I have found I’m struggling to get to sleep recently though don’t think it’s lockdown related, I just have this weird sinking feeling descend over my body that “feels” like dying, has made me jump out of bed on occasion. I did some research and it said it could be anxiety but I don’t have anxiety, I’m not anxious, so maybe I ought to pay a trip to the doctor...
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 09:36 PM #28
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

I have found I’m struggling to get to sleep recently though don’t think it’s lockdown related, I just have this weird sinking feeling descend over my body that “feels” like dying, has made me jump out of bed on occasion. I did some research and it said it could be anxiety but I don’t have anxiety, I’m not anxious, so maybe I ought to pay a trip to the doctor...
Sounds like adrenal surges, can be hormone related IIRC (or brought on by stress).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 09:45 PM #29
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:

So weird I kinda had the same thing a few months back I was drifting to sleep and suddenly my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest and I had a weird feeling in my throat and I woke up screaming. ever since then some nights I'll be drifting and it almost feels like I forget to breathe and my body does the same to wake up. Also weird cus the same night my nephew who lived beside me at the time had the same thing happen and the doctors just said it was diet. It must be anxiety about life in general right now
Old 15-01-2021, 10:10 PM #30
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Sounds like adrenal surges, can be hormone related IIRC (or brought on by stress).
Hmmm, I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
So weird I kinda had the same thing a few months back I was drifting to sleep and suddenly my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest and I had a weird feeling in my throat and I woke up screaming. ever since then some nights I'll be drifting and it almost feels like I forget to breathe and my body does the same to wake up. Also weird cus the same night my nephew who lived beside me at the time had the same thing happen and the doctors just said it was diet. It must be anxiety about life in general right now
That is literally it! I don’t get the throat thing, it just kind of sinks from my head (almost like my eyes are about to roll back into my head) to my legs

When I researched there were a lot of posts in the last few weeks or so, so maybe there is something to it being pandemic related and that’s what’s happening to us all I had some heart-related symptoms a couple months back like a more noticeable heartbeat, shallow breathing after not much exertion etc, and I never got those checked out either so I’m wondering if it’s all related. Who knows! Glad it’s not just me though
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 10:16 PM #31
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hmmm, I see

That is literally it! I don’t get the throat thing, it just kind of sinks from my head (almost like my eyes are about to roll back into my head) to my legs

When I researched there were a lot of posts in the last few weeks or so, so maybe there is something to it being pandemic related and that’s what’s happening to us all I had some heart-related symptoms a couple months back like a more noticeable heartbeat, shallow breathing after not much exertion etc, and I never got those checked out either so I’m wondering if it’s all related. Who knows! Glad it’s not just me though
Yeah good to know it's not something in the water haahah my first thought when I heard my nephew was in hospital over it
Has to be pandemic related!
Old 15-01-2021, 10:24 PM #32
-

-

Waking with a jolt/gasp is definitely an adrenaline hit. Doctors will have mentioned diet because the breathing thing/gasping awake can also be silent reflux (acid reflux without the "heartburn" feeling) but the "sinking feeling" is definitely adrenaline.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 05:42 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...thing is, Jack...you might not feel particularly stressed/anxious etc but if your sleeping pattern is always a bit of a mess, like you say...then that in itself would cause those things...?...it would be difficult to have a messy sleeping pattern and it not cause some anxieties, but it’s just that it’s become part of your life...so you’ve obviously developed some specific coping mechanisms etc...but then the world changed and maybe your sleep is struggling a bit with that change and things that you’re surrounded by atm...obviously illness/virus and death etc feature so much in our worlds atm in what is going into our heads and with that, there will be anxiety for our loved ones etc...whether we’re conscious of it or not...?..and if we are less conscious during our working hours, then maybe it displays more and releases in our sleeping hours and can cause sleep disorders and etc...?...

...anyways, obviously I talk rubbish but it kind of makes sense in my head....I don’t know what your sleep routine is like but try to keep that routine filled with a very calming and relaxed vibe for a few hours before sleep and that might help...and obviously diet always helps as well but I know atm with our ‘irregular world’, these things are difficult...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 05:42 AM #34
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Waking with a jolt/gasp is definitely an adrenaline hit. Doctors will have mentioned diet because the breathing thing/gasping awake can also be silent reflux (acid reflux without the "heartburn" feeling) but the "sinking feeling" is definitely adrenaline.
...or maybe his mum is trying to electrocute him...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lockdown, pattern, sleeping, what’s