Default Season 13, Episode 6 - "Disco-mentary"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 PM #2
Nah

Nah

In the words of Violet Chachki about Kandy: “She’s bothered, she’s insecure and she’s delusional”. I highly doubt she will be eliminated this week, but we can only hope.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:51 PM #3
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Favourites (more):

Wow, I don’t watch Untucked because I can never find full episodes on any actual streaming websites/apps. But I watched the Tamisha vs Kandy clap and Kandy is just ****ing abhorrent, Tina and Gottmik are grating on me as her cheerleaders too. ‘I said what I said’
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:38 AM #4
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Ugh... ****-off with this weeks ending.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:32 AM #5
Nah

Nah

This ending was heinous. Tamisha is out there saying she's recovering and Ru sends her home over Kandy?? Kandy is a newer version of Vanjie in the way that she can only do Kandy and will get the same criticism every episode but Ru just won't get rid of her because she has this "star quality" or whatever crappy reason she's going to figure out to keep her around.

I'm so mad, and Kandy didn't even do that well in the lipsync. Tamisha's was more coherent and made more sense. Now let's watch Kandy bragging about her being in the bottom but coming back strong and being obnoxious about it blablabla

I wasn't fan of any runway looks really. I liked Denali's because that spider web fitted her well. Otherwise it was overall pretty boring.

As far as the main challenge goes, it made sense for Olivia to win. She has such a kind and loveable aura about her.
The disco-mentary was fine but not strong overall. I was surprised Denali and Rose didn't do any better, but I'm happy Elliott was up there, she did very well.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:59 AM #6
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

a shįt show. I barely have any interest in this series but after this week just ew.

I can't bare Kandy.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:55 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Such a crap episode from start to finish. The main challenge was really boring and I found it hard to even separate who was the best and worst of the week, they all just did pretty similar? That runway was incredibly boring too (although with the LBD theme there wasn’t much scope) only Denali properly wowed me. That spider dress was stunning.

Tamisha I have a feeling she’ll definitely be back for AS7 or AS8 and hopefully fare better next time. It stung even more to see her lose to Kandy and just felt like another win for the Mean Girls clique.

I’m really not enjoying this season much at all so far. UK2 is much, much better.

Last edited by Daniel-X; 06-02-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:01 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Also why has Tina not been read for literally wearing red/orange/yellow in every single runway. She even incorporated it this week (yet Elliott looked ‘normal’ which was the best dress after Denali?)

Last edited by Daniel-X; 06-02-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:24 AM #9
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-X View Post

I’m really not enjoying this season much at all so far. UK2 is much, much better.
Yes! UK2 is such a loving chaotic season with a more organic feel to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-X View Post
Also why has Tina not been read for literally wearing red/orange/yellow in every single runway. She even incorporated it this week (yet Elliott looked ‘normal’ which was the best dress after Denali?)
I like Tina but she's boring me and the judges aren't clocking her for being repetitive. That's like, the 5th or 6th yellow/red outfit she has worn? Like OK this is your brand but show something else! And that wig was not it too. I'm a bit frustrated she sided with Kandy. It makes her look like a follower despite being one of the biggest name in the cast this year and being super talented.
And at this throuple game, Rolaskatox was hotter anyway (I mean, apart from Roxxxy constantly annoying Jinkx for no reason)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:55 PM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s hard to know what to say with this, the heart just left the stage...not just that Tamisha went but that she went over Kandy in the lipsync...my heart broke so much through that episode, how Tamisha was obviously feeling so very vulnerable...she was thinking about what she wasn’t able to do in comparison to what she had been able to before her cancer and when she didn’t have her colostomy bag and not wanting all of the others to know....and generally feeling ‘less able than’ , while just not seeing how amazing and incredible she was to be a part of drag race and competing right now and so soon and while she has a colostomy bag fitted and while she has her open wound for it...she’s an inspiration.....but as she said, it’s all in her headspace and I know that’s another ‘fight’ that is one of the most difficult ones in its ‘healing’ or in controlling its headspace inside...I can’t imagine her fears as well as she twirled the hoop so close to her bag and open wound, how vulnerable and fearful that would have made her feel, as well as the disco movements that she would have felt restricted on....I’d so, so love to see her come back at a time when she has got to that better headspace of giving her more confidence and less vulnerability...Tamisha Iman......

...I enjoyed the disco challenge overall but I really didn’t feel it with Kandy and Tina at the beginning, they just didn’t seem to fully feel it themselves and that showed through for me but it did all progress much better as it went, though...the little black dress should have been one of the best runways, I thought...but it wasn’t....my favourites were the last 4 ladies...Denali, Rose, LaLa and Symone...all gorgeous.....

Last edited by Ammi; 06-02-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:57 PM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...oh and Remy...(...off topic...)...good luck France in the rugby.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:40 PM #12
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

So tamisha executes a precise and strong lip sync but does home to the ghetto dumpster trash who’s lip sync was messy just because she likes to scream louder?
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:41 PM #13
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Mik is another rat who doesn’t belong on the show. I was disgusted by her runway presentation. Out with the trash please.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:11 PM #14
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...it’s hard to know what to say with this, the heart just left the stage...not just that Tamisha went but that she went over Kandy in the lipsync...my heart broke so much through that episode, how Tamisha was obviously feeling so very vulnerable...she was thinking about what she wasn’t able to do in comparison to what she had been able to before her cancer and when she didn’t have her colostomy bag and not wanting all of the others to know....and generally feeling ‘less able than’ , while just not seeing how amazing and incredible she was to be a part of drag race and competing right now and so soon and while she has a colostomy bag fitted and while she has her open wound for it...she’s an inspiration.....but as she said, it’s all in her headspace and I know that’s another ‘fight’ that is one of the most difficult ones in its ‘healing’ or in controlling its headspace inside...I can’t imagine her fears as well as she twirled the hoop so close to her bag and open wound, how vulnerable and fearful that would have made her feel, as well as the disco movements that she would have felt restricted on....I’d so, so love to see her come back at a time when she has got to that better headspace of giving her more confidence and less vulnerability...Tamisha Iman......
You said it perfectly. Tamisha is such an inspiration and so grateful and happy to be part of the show despite what is happening with her. I just don't understand Ru on this one. Like yes she was bottom 2 material, but come on, she performed better than Kandy and tbh added more to the show with her "old" style of drag than Kandy.

Quote:
...oh and Remy...(...off topic...)...good luck France in the rugby.....
Thanks darling Enjoying the game with a nice cup of tea
Old 06-02-2021, 06:49 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

...I enjoyed the disco challenge overall but I really didn’t feel it with Kandy and Tina at the beginning, they just didn’t seem to fully feel it themselves and that showed through for me but it did all progress much better as it went, though...the little black dress should have been one of the best runways, I thought...but it wasn’t....my favourites were the last 4 ladies...Denali, Rose, LaLa and Symone...all gorgeous.....

It’s kind of put a dampener on the season as a whole already for me, I was already writing it off but it might be past the point of return.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:24 PM #16
Nah

Nah

Waiting for Shaun to tear this freaking episode apart
Old 06-02-2021, 08:36 PM #17
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Boring ep, don’t know whether it’s drag race burn out bc of so many seasons over the last couple of years, or if DR is just so poor in comparison to DRUK but I really found it hard to pay attention this ep, it was pretty much just background noise for me this week

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:55 PM #18
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Boring ep, don’t know whether it’s drag race burn out bc of so many seasons over the last couple of years, or if DR is just so poor in comparison to DRUK but I really found it hard to pay attention this ep, it was pretty much just background noise for me this week
I think that is exactly it. Drag UK is the show we all fell in love with. It is simple and straightforward, and highlights the actual queens and their real authentic selves. At this stage, drag US always seems to need to try too hard to keep the audience, and the drama seems fake, and the mean girls have been done before... and it just feels like a big sigh.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:01 PM #19
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Yeah the mean girls are just overbearing and obnoxious, it’s not even enjoyable shady drama, it’s just loud and crass

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:55 AM #20
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
So tamisha executes a precise and strong lip sync but does home to the ghetto dumpster trash who’s lip sync was messy just because she likes to scream louder?
you are what's wrong with the fandom babe, wind that fat neck of yours in x

you could have said tamisha was robbed without trashing kandy the way you just did
Old 07-02-2021, 03:36 AM #21
Banned

Banned

This series is just hard to watch, mainly because Kandy Muse is insufferable in much the same way that Eureka and Silky were. She's just obnoxious and has a hideous personality.

They also got the bottom two wrong, I'd have put Tamisha low but, honestly? Gott did as bad as Kandy this week and her looks in the challenge and on the runway were a far cry from what she's been serving in past weeks. Uttica didn't deserve the bottom 2 and her low placement highlights the endless hypocrisy of the 'we want to see the real you' criticism. Uttica did well in that challenge, she filtered the challenge through her own filter and put her spin on the assignment and her runway was one of the best of the night.

There's also the uncomfortable almost able-ist judging of Tamisha in which they aren't keeping in mind her physical limitations. I was reading on Reddit about the surgeries she had and it's remarkable that she has done what she's done in this competition. When someone's gone through what she has, you've got to give them a pass when it comes to physical challenges. They judged her overly harshly in the Phenomenon challenge too as well.

I'm just finding this season really unpleasant, despite the rough start of UK's season 2, airing them together really shows the lack of joy in this season of Drag Race, the lack of fun.

I look forward to DRUK2 every week, I feel like I'm watching this season out of obligation tbh.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:27 AM #22
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
you are what's wrong with the fandom babe, wind that fat neck of yours in x

you could have said tamisha was robbed without trashing kandy the way you just did
Kandy trashed herself. She will go back to the ghetto and we won’t hear from here again thankfully.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:37 AM #23

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

It's just so exhausting watching this show now.

UK has made some dodgy judging decisions but at least the show has some charm and warmth.

Just crown Utica and be done with it.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:45 PM #24
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Definitely a dip from last week. The disco challenge was okay but I didn’t like how they gave Tamisha the hula hoop (also don’t get the correlation of hula hoops and sex)

Favourite runway looks were Symone, Lala Ri, Utica (I loved the earring idea I don’t know why it got dragged), Elliott and Denali were good and Olivia looked beautiful as usual. Tamisha’s look wasn’t bottom two worthy and it’s sad to see her go, hopefully the all stars mention was foreshadowing
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:14 PM #25
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I'm hoping they pull a Cynthia Lee Fontaine and give her a shot at Season 14 tbh... similar circumstances and everything. Not sure it'd be fair to throw her straight into All Stars when she didn't get a full run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, discomentary, episode, preview, season