Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-02-2021, 12:57 PM #51
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...why would Meghan or Harry do what others have done and how they’re made announcements or whatever...it’s her and Harry’s life, their choice and their control...isn’t that the point and should be...

Like isn't it better annoucing it now with a creative way rather than guessing are they aren't they or seeing potential fat shaming headlines like "Meghan has gained weight bla bla bla"

This should have been her third child </3 negativity isn't needed or necessary at all.

Like you said most people are doing that these days and it's not really a big deal.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 15-02-2021 at 01:01 PM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:01 PM #52
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Who said that? A simple straightforward announcement just like Kate, or Diana, or Fergie, or Eugenie did would not be attention seeking - instead of the cloak and dagger fiasco surrounding her first baby.
And if she did that, people would still find a way to criticise her, this is the woman who literally got slated for holding her pregnant belly while Kate was described as glowing for doing the same, this is the woman who was branded a diva for wanting air fresheners in a church while Kate was celebrated for importing expensive candles for her wedding.

They could have simply said 'We're pregnant', and the media would criticise her for not making it a grand enough statement. She is someone who cannot do right for doing wrong because the media and people who encourage the media to do what they do cannot see Meghan's actions as anything else but negative.

I don't blame her one bit for telling the press about her first born until after it was all said and done, if it was Kate, she would have been praised for it.

If you treat someone like ****, don't expect to be the first to know when they have good news. Common sense, really.

Last edited by Tom4784; 15-02-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:02 PM #53
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
And if she did that, people would still find a way to criticise her, this is the woman who literally got slated for holding her pregnant belly while Kate was described as glowing for doing the same, this is the woman who was branded a diva for wanting air fresheners in a church while Kate was celebrated for importing expensive candles for her wedding.

They could have simply said 'We're pregnant', and the media would criticise her for not making it a grand enough statement. She is someone who cannot do right for doing wrong because the media and people who encourage the media to do what they do cannot see Meghan's actions as anything else but negative.

I don't blame her one bit for telling the press about her first born until after it was all said and done, if it was Kate, she would have been praised for it.

If you treat someone like ****, don't expect to be the first to know when they have good news. Common sense, really.
I would have a problem with that, only one of them is pregnant

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:07 PM #54
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I would have a problem with that, only one of them is pregnant
And you would have a problem with any other couple saying that rather than 1 because you don't like them

Spoiler:

Old 15-02-2021, 01:08 PM #55
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
And you would have a problem with any other couple saying that rather than 1 because you don't like them
I don't think you've read many of my posts on this subject if you think I dislike them

I just hate that phrase in general

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 15-02-2021, 01:09 PM #56

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...why would Meghan or Harry do what others have done and how they’re made announcements or whatever...it’s her and Harry’s life, their choice and their control...isn’t that the point and should be...
Because they were very much a part of the Royal family at the time and there is a mutual agreement between the Royals and the public (and press) when it comes to big occasions, which the public love to share in.
It's not a big ask, but Meghan had to shroud it all in mystery. I mean, what was the point exactly? Sheer dramatics if you ask me.
In labour and it comes out the baby was already born hours before? Why the deliberate lie?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:12 PM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And if she did that, people would still find a way to criticise her
Well I wouldn't. I like straightforwardness.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:13 PM #58
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't think you've read many of my posts on this subject if you think I dislike them

I just hate that phrase in general
I think i said it wrong because I know you don't have an issue with Meghan I'm just saying you would have a problem with anyone saying "we're pregnant" and not just one random couple because you don't like them because you're a very fair and non bias person

Spoiler:

Old 15-02-2021, 01:15 PM #59
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think i said it wrong because I know you don't have an issue with Meghan I'm just saying you would have a problem with anyone saying "we're pregnant" and not just one random couple because you don't like them because you're a very fair and non bias person
Yes that's what I mean

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 15-02-2021, 01:18 PM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Because they were very much a part of the Royal family at the time and there is a mutual agreement between the Royals and the public (and press) when it comes to big occasions, which the public love to share in.
It's not a big ask, but Meghan had to shroud it all in mystery. I mean, what was the point exactly? Sheer dramatics if you ask me.
In labour and it comes out the baby was already born hours before? Why the deliberate lie?
...they are very much a part of the Royal family, not ‘were’...they’ve only stepped down for a career if you like of working Royals...and I know of no agreement with either the tabloid media or any media or indeed, their families which would dictate how they announce something for the public gaze of life importance ....so far as I’m aware, nothing has been announced by either media or family in that regard...I have no idea what shrouding in mystery is referring to, there is no mystery but there was at one time some speculation as to whether she was pregnant and now they’ve made an announcement that she is...she’s very pregnant I would say by her bump size but that would be an obvious delay in announcement as she miscarried in the summer of last year so they would be cautious before announcing this pregnancy...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:19 PM #61
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..’we’re going to be parents to a 2nd child but I’m pregnant...’......

Last edited by Ammi; 15-02-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:19 PM #62

Quote:
...why would Meghan or Harry do what others have done and how they’ve made announcements or whatever...it’s her and Harry’s life, their choice and their control...isn’t that the point and should be...

They can do what they like....I just find it so hypocritical that a couple that left the Royal family for a private life and desire for privacy pose at every opportunity for publicity...I mean just announce it like any other normal couple without the gushing theatrical dramatic pictures designed to go out for all the world to see.

Im pleased for them...but my opinion on them has not changed.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 01:24 PM #63
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Well I wouldn't. I like straightforwardness.
I'd have to see it to believe it.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:24 PM #64
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
They can do what they like....I just find it so hypocritical that a couple that left the Royal family for a private life and desire for privacy pose at every opportunity for publicity...I mean just announce it like any other normal couple without the gushing theatrical dramatic pictures designed to go out for all the world to see.

A normal couple do the "theatrical dramatic pictures" Hardly anyone annouces it saying "I'm pregnant" anymore only on this forum because private and all that. There's always a posed picture with a baby scan. Times have changed

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 15-02-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:26 PM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...so far as I’m aware, nothing has been announced by either media or family in that regard...I have no idea what shrouding in mystery is referring to, there is no mystery but there was at one time some speculation as to whether she was pregnant and now they’ve made an announcement that she is...she’s very pregnant I would say by her bump size but that would be an obvious delay in announcement as she miscarried in the summer of last year so they would be cautious before announcing this pregnancy...
You seem confused as you are referring to this pregnancy, I was only referring to her first one in the post you quoted, was that not obvious?

Last edited by jet; 15-02-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:30 PM #66
Banned

Banned

Quote:

They will never get privacy, the best they can hope for is to control what they share and when which is the same for any high profile person. I don't know why that's hard to understand. They could not announce it, and they would get criticised and they would also lose control of how it would come out. It's all about getting out in front of it all so you can announce what you want and how you want rather than surrendering that control to someone else.

As for the announcement, it's no different to what a lot of couples do, loads of people do pregnancy shoots these days, before the pandemic, at least, I'd always see couples on facebook announcing their pregnancy with either a scan or some sort of professional looking picture of the couple. Many high profile people do it.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:32 PM #67
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...they left to have more control over their lives and also because of how extreme the U.K. media was with their relentless negativity...do you recall when Meghan said...’I didn’t think it would be easy but I thought it would be fair’...and she said that she’d never experienced that other than in the U.K...I mean, I honestly don’t think that she can win, Rusty ...because obviously at some point, the world would know that she was pregnant so an announcement had to be made...(...I presume when any more potential vulnerable time was over following her previous miscarriage....)...and I understand that you may not like the pic and others may not/its personal taste...but from their favoured wedding pics, it’s their preferred type of pic and I love it...of course it’s posed but it’s in a very natural pose showing their love as well and a very popular way ...for wedding/pregnancy announcements...

Last edited by Ammi; 15-02-2021 at 01:34 PM.
Old 15-02-2021, 01:41 PM #68
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
You seem confused as you are referring to this pregnancy, I was only referring to her first one in the post you quoted, was that not obvious?

Quote:
...why would Meghan or Harry do what others have done and how they’ve made announcements or whatever...it’s her and Harry’s life, their choice and their control...isn’t that the point and should be...
Quote:

...my post refers to now and yours apparently doesn’t and yet you quoted mine...when apparently referring to another time...no I’m not confused, you’re consistently very rude and very hostile for some reason...
Old 15-02-2021, 03:21 PM #69

Quote:
They will never get privacy, the best they can hope for is to control what they share and when which is the same for any high profile person. I don't know why that's hard to understand. They could not announce it, and they would get criticised and they would also lose control of how it would come out. It's all about getting out in front of it all so you can announce what you want and how you want rather than surrendering that control to someone else.

As for the announcement, it's no different to what a lot of couples do, loads of people do pregnancy shoots these days, before the pandemic, at least, I'd always see couples on facebook announcing their pregnancy with either a scan or some sort of professional looking picture of the couple. Many high profile people do it.

Well maybe Im missing something with the photos...I have not seen anyting like it apart from magazine shoots but not for the purpose of an announcement . Of course I have seen couples doing a selfie with a scan picture or sticking the scan picture in a Birthday/xmas or mothers day card etc...
I disagree with the Privacy issue...many Royals or ex famous people disappear out of the limelight and lead a relatively normal life...of course they get snapped now and then....but Meghan and Harry are constantly courting the limelight and publicity...so long as as its all positive.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 03:32 PM #70
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:

It's getting really riduclous now tbh they have just annouced something great for them and people still have to try and be negative and can't even congratulate them and move on or not say anything at all. Is it really hard to say something nice?
This really.
Well put Luke.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 03:45 PM #71
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

For this is yet another example of Meghan and Harry's brazen hypocrisy, and
further evidence that they don't have any real desire for privacy.

They just want the right to use the media to promote themselves when it suits
them, and trash and ban them when it doesn't.

In fact, it's quite clear that the pair of them crave attention and publicity like
ravenous jackals gorging on the carcass of a freshly slain gazelle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-privacy.html

Piers nails it with this excellent article
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 03:53 PM #72

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

I hope its bonnier than the first one.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 03:55 PM #73
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well maybe Im missing something with the photos...I have not seen anyting like it apart from magazine shoots but not for the purpose of an announcement . Of course I have seen couples doing a selfie with a scan picture or sticking the scan picture in a Birthday/xmas or mothers day card etc...
I disagree with the Privacy issue...many Royals or ex famous people disappear out of the limelight and lead a relatively normal life...of course they get snapped now and then....but Meghan and Harry are constantly courting the limelight and publicity...so long as as its all positive.
Bindi Irwin did something recently with a recreation of a photo with her dad in it when her mother was pregnant

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 15-02-2021, 04:01 PM #74
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Well it is a very American thing to do, a family photo with a baby bump or a ultrasound depending on how far along you are. I see it from the everyday people on Facebook to the reality stars, to anyone with an Instagram account.

I think the point is, they could just be like every other couple and post it to their Facebook... but the press will take that and make the story into what they want it to be. No matter what they do the press are going to run the story of them being pregnant, so why not get ahead of it to control the narrative of that story. It's obviously an impossibility for them, as it was Diana... but they have to try.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 04:35 PM #75
0_o

0_o

Good for them. For me, I see a big difference between asking for privacy in some areas, and being willing to share some news with the press/everyone.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, announce, baby, child, expecting, harry, megan, meghan