Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Lovely to see Rosé and Denali getting some airtime after being slept on for the last FOUR weeks. I can see the win going to either one of them based off the preview, and probably the other in the bottom

Last edited by Daniel-X; 18-02-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 07:42 AM #3
Nah

Nah

I....just....I'm speechless. The favoritism is through the roof and Ru doesn't even hide it anympore.
I was CERTAIN Ru would not put Symone and Kandy in the bottom, so when she did I was thinking "Okay this is fair". And then an undeserving double shantay two minutes later. What for??
Kandy DEFINITELY deserved to go home, so this is confusing.

The top 3 was very deserving, they really saved this Rusical.

Runway wise, I think they all did well. I particularly liked both of the Taxi's, Britney's snake and the crash test dummy.

I don't know about this cast. Individually they're very good, it's a solid cast. But when it comes to group challenges, it's a mess

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 20-02-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 10:42 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Lol. This show needs to **** off.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 12:54 PM #5
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I'm no great fan of Candy, or in general the Rusical, but I actually didn't think any one girl was that bad this week, and I enjoyed every performance in the Rusical. It felt more like they were grasping at straws to critique them. And again, there was no stand out horrible runway either. Both girls brought it during the lipsync as well. I found myself whispering double chantè with my fingers crossed in the end. I had to remind myself Candy is one of my least favorites, but admittedly she was really good this week so why not double chantè??
I think Ru made the right choice... for now.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 08:34 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I haven’t finished watching yet but Anne Hathaway......and she’s right in that Ru Paul has and is still making Drag more and more fans and being made so much more appreciated as a talent and art form......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 08:40 AM #7
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I didn’t like how they made it an audition for Rose and Denali for the part, though...which just added something that wasn’t needed in an already more ‘negative’ group this season...Elliott had been made to feel less a part because there were two groups and she’s found it harder in fitting into either...and now Denali...how would any of the other queens have felt if they hadn’t been the one chosen and by so many votes...?...a pretty grim thing to do...

...I’m loving Utica more and more as time goes by, though.....
Old 21-02-2021, 10:10 AM #8
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

I don’t understand how the producers never understand at the time of production who will be viewer faves and who won’t! Are they seriously that stupid.

It reminds me of the bad girls club where regularly the last girl to leave the house at the end of the season would be the one that the viewers hate the most. And the producer clearly didn’t understand who would be the star of the show at the time of production.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 10:15 AM #9
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

And tbh symonne has proven herself to be absolutely talentless. The only thing she is good at is wearing clothes people have designed for her.
And although she hasn’t been nasty yet she is guilty by assosication.

Kandy, Gotmik, Tina and Symonne are officially the most hated rugirls in history
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 04:50 PM #10
Banned

Banned

I enjoyed the episode more than most this season. The bottom 3 was fair enough, and I'm very glad to see the back of Kandy who has been obnoxious all season.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 04:55 PM #11
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I enjoyed the episode more than most this season. The bottom 3 was fair enough, and I'm very glad to see the back of Kandy who has been obnoxious all season.
Girl did you not finish the ep?

He told her she was staying

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 04:58 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Girl did you not finish the ep?

He told her she was staying
Oh, oop, I turned it off as soon as Symone shantae'd since I didn't care to see Kandy's goodbye.

Disappointing, tbh. Symone did well in the lipsync but that was not a double shantae worthy lipsync on Kandy's end.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-02-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old 21-02-2021, 05:06 PM #13
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I honestly think Kandy won the lipsync tbh... so was very confused when Symone was told to shantay (but relieved, obviously)... and then the pleasant surprise was dampened somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 21-02-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 10:31 PM #14
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Jemal

Favourites (more):

I really enjoyed this episode. The musical was enjoyable and there were so many stand outs, it was also interesting to see the dynamics change in untucked seeing different girls at the top/bottom.

Musical Favourites:
Rose
Tina
Denali
Gottmik
Elliott and Utica were cute

Runway favourites
Gottmik
Denali
Symone
Utica
Kandy

Shook to see Symone struggle this week, it’s a shame she’s not a dancer but glad to see my girl stay. Kandy has impressed me in the lip sync every time

Really enjoyed Tina in the musical, the judges were so hard on her for one little mistake. Rose was the standout

Liked the twist, I don’t mind Kandy and I feel that she’ll perform well in snatch game.

Also I feel like I’m the only one enjoying this season
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 05:50 AM #15
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Watched the full episode now and... yikes that was a bad rusical. The whole thing was framed around an incredibly boomer perspective on what social media is and does, and seemed to be written by an AI who has been force-fed buzzwords like "cancelled", "bots" and "clickbait". The queens pretty much all performed it fine, but there was just... very little comedy or memorable moments. Stand it up to last year's Madonna musical, or Bitch Perfect, or the Herstory one from AS2 and it's just... a dud. Even worse than the Kardashian one.

I love Jamal Sims, and his enthusiasm and passion for seeing the queens succeed is really something the show needs more of. No celebrities drawn in for a quick buck or some exposure, and no real work ethic (Todrick, Alyssa )

I'm surprised Tina was in the bottom primarily for her performance and not for having a ****ty discount version of Elliott's runway. I feel she performed better overall than, say, Elliott or Utica. The bottom two was fair, and the top three were too.

I'm just watching out of habit at this point, in the vain hope that there's a stellar lipsync or a stand-out performance... because most of the cast bore me. There's something to be said of the manufacturing line of Drag Race USA... too many of the queens feel rehearsed and fake. I know living in LA and being a professional make-up artist is going to make you sound affected, but I am yet to see a single genuine or heartfelt interaction involving Gottmik. There's no denying their talent, but... god everything is so fake and scripted (and I have to look back and cringe at that moment during the Condragulations episode, where he rips off the headphones and fakes an "Oh no!" look because he hasn't brought up his trans storyline for the cameras yet). Olivia is so inoffensive to the point of blandness, Tina's punchlines are visible from the International Space Station, Kandy has run out of KeepingItRealKeepingIt100 ****TheHaters cliches already, Symone is the model protege, Elliott's got the underdog edit down to two Ts, Denali and Rose are the Jans frustrated at not being forced through by production and Utica is just... there.

I also had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes too hard when Ru ventured into the "overcoming your saboteur" territories with Gottmik during the critiques.

I don't know... sorry if I'm boring all of you with these complaints lol but it's just such a crap season full of inauthenticity.

Quote:

Old 22-02-2021, 01:25 PM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’ve only just read your your post, Shaun.....I didn’t want to read it until I’d fully watched...so moving on......

*whispers I really liked the Rusical and hides*...that’ll be stuck in my head again now and I’ll be humming it all day...I thought all of the Queens were perfect in their roles but the standout for me was Utica because of the speed of her lyrics...but Liza Minnelli lies...maybe the best lyric line ever...?...

...and Yello Gorgeous was a fabulous runway category...even though Rose was definitely orange and blue and green with her Mask...but it was pretty fabulous and she’s pretty fabulous so.....we don’t have to label and pigeon-hole yellow...we can have unique and individually shades of yellow as well..

...I loved both of the yellow taxi cabs......I wouldn’t really want to choose..because they were both lovely...but I do feel that when a duplicate look is there, it must be awful for the one who comes out last because the first one always creates that wow and I was still feeling that when Elliott came onto the runway...I wonder how it’s chosen, the runway order, the queens will walk down...?...but two gorgeous taxi cab ladies......

...Olivia...it wasn’t really standout as such but I do love that old Hollywood glamour meets Shirley Bassey, type style.......

...Symone was gorgeous also...I loved her boots so much.....

...Utica...there was nothing old about her yeller 14th century gown......she and Gottmik and Denali really are the style queens of this season for me...the crash testing style was inspired and Princess Python is surely who all of social media users would aspire to be...?......just gorgeous...

...Kandy’s look was just so feminine and lovely..... very Stevie floating in a field of yellow daisies...:lovedup...

...I’m not sure what to say about what came after the lipsync...just so cruel to bring someone down and know they’ll feel devastated...and then say ha, ha, ha..I was joking luv, you can stay...so yeah, it was an ending to the show is all...

...oh, I didn’t realise that Tina and Graham Norton had been a thing once...I enjoyed the werkroom chat as well actually...

Last edited by Ammi; 22-02-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 22-02-2021, 02:01 PM #17
Banned

Banned

Yeah, this season is a real struggle. There's been a number of times this season where I've just been tempted to fastforward through most of the **** to get to the 'good' parts just because I'm just not warming much to anyone now that Tamisha's gone.

I like Olivia and Utica because they're just nice and easy to like, I like Symone, Rose and Denali as well but, compared to last year's season, I don't think anyone can really overcome the anchor that is the overproduction that damages every season.
Old 22-02-2021, 03:02 PM #18
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Watched the full episode now and... yikes that was a bad rusical. The whole thing was framed around an incredibly boomer perspective on what social media is and does, and seemed to be written by an AI who has been force-fed buzzwords like "cancelled", "bots" and "clickbait". The queens pretty much all performed it fine, but there was just... very little comedy or memorable moments. Stand it up to last year's Madonna musical, or Bitch Perfect, or the Herstory one from AS2 and it's just... a dud. Even worse than the Kardashian one.

I love Jamal Sims, and his enthusiasm and passion for seeing the queens succeed is really something the show needs more of. No celebrities drawn in for a quick buck or some exposure, and no real work ethic (Todrick, Alyssa )

I'm surprised Tina was in the bottom primarily for her performance and not for having a ****ty discount version of Elliott's runway. I feel she performed better overall than, say, Elliott or Utica. The bottom two was fair, and the top three were too.

I'm just watching out of habit at this point, in the vain hope that there's a stellar lipsync or a stand-out performance... because most of the cast bore me. There's something to be said of the manufacturing line of Drag Race USA... too many of the queens feel rehearsed and fake. I know living in LA and being a professional make-up artist is going to make you sound affected, but I am yet to see a single genuine or heartfelt interaction involving Gottmik. There's no denying their talent, but... god everything is so fake and scripted (and I have to look back and cringe at that moment during the Condragulations episode, where he rips off the headphones and fakes an "Oh no!" look because he hasn't brought up his trans storyline for the cameras yet). Olivia is so inoffensive to the point of blandness, Tina's punchlines are visible from the International Space Station, Kandy has run out of KeepingItRealKeepingIt100 ****TheHaters cliches already, Symone is the model protege, Elliott's got the underdog edit down to two Ts, Denali and Rose are the Jans frustrated at not being forced through by production and Utica is just... there.

I also had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes too hard when Ru ventured into the "overcoming your saboteur" territories with Gottmik during the critiques.

I don't know... sorry if I'm boring all of you with these complaints lol but it's just such a crap season full of inauthenticity.
I mean, you kind of wrote what most of people feel about this season.
From what I can read online, it seems forced and not authentic at all.
It's just not warm or entertaining from beginning to end even though individually this cast is pretty solid.

It's also tough having a definite favorite? Not that I enjoy stanning a queen over the others, I like open field seasons. But really I find myself having a hard time ranking them and liking one more than the others?
I want to like Symone a lot for instance, but she sucked at the Rusical.
AND she cannot make an outfit but has a whole designers team behind her. I wish we had another good solid fashion queen like Raja or Violet who could turn looks on a dime and be unforgettable. It's a bit of a turn-off for me.
At least Gigi was good at other challenges other than the fashion ones. (but I somehow still consider Symone more fun than Gigi)

I wanted to like Tina because we need a very good comedian for once (since...Bob The Drag Queen in fact), but she's not delivering anywhere!

I actually have a soft spot for Elliott....who is probably going to be eliminated in two episodes anyway. (not a spoiler, I haven't read anything this year)

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 22-02-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 05:19 PM #19
Jemal

Favourites (more):

Jemal

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

I don’t know if you watch untucked but there are more heartfelt moments on there. Regarding Gottmik, there was a really nice moment on an untucked episode where her parents made a surprise video appearance saying how proud they were which then lead to Gottmik briefly talking about her journey which felt very natural and was well received by the other contestants who were there.

The other untucked episode with Kandy vs Tamisha is iconic, there is no denying that! So many hardcore fans have stated that this was one of the best untucked episodes. Both of them going at each other, the infamous “I said what I said” whilst Lala Ri is in the background running around preparing for the lip sync whilst her paper bag dress is falling apart. Historical

There’s been some great talent this season. Gottmik, Utica and Symone have been serving LOOKS. Denali has also had some great runways too. We haven’t had many “amazing” lip syncs but we have some contenders (unfortunately not Symone) Eliott has shown he can deliver in a lip sync and let’s not forget Denali’s ability to slay. Gottmik, Tina and Rose I’m sure will be great in a lip sync and the idea of Utica in a lip sync sounds intriguing

Olivia is definitely not bland, she’s actually one of my least favourites because I think she’s very self obsessed and only cares about herself (which you should in a competition but it’s not in a good way) and her telling Utica she should of been in the bottom two, like sis your looks have been basic at best and you’re nowhere near Utica’s level. Also both of the reasons she got condragulations was more due to the challenge and not the runway

Anyway to finish this up season 13 has been enjoyable to me. Still can’t call who wins which I think is more exciting

Last edited by Gstar; 22-02-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old 22-02-2021, 06:52 PM #20
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

yeah I should probably catch up with Untucked, it's just a pain in the ass to get a hold of when the main show is so easily available on Netflix

There have definitely been highlights (I think I watched that 100% Pure Love lipsync... 50 times?) but I just don't have anyone other than Symone to root for and probably because it's up against UK S2 every week, and UK2 is just more fun in every way, it's probably a case of "this season feels inferior". But even if it were on its own, I think it'd be definitely up there with S11 for my least favourite overall.

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 22-02-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 22-02-2021, 10:35 PM #21
Jemal

Favourites (more):

Jemal

Favourites (more):

I think you would definitely be more invested if you watched untucked. And yeah I agree about them not putting untucked on netflix, so annoying! But I have a link which has all the episodes if you want it

Omg I enjoyed season 11 *hides face* I’m a vanjie fan so that’s probably the main reason why Brooklyns afro to blonde reveal was iconic followed by one of the best lip syncs of all time
Old 25-02-2021, 07:09 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I think for me with this season...(...and I haven’t seen all of the seasons, I’m quite new to drag race...)...it was a bad start because I didn’t like the two groups, which felt like such a divide and had a feel of Elliott being isolated/bullied almost...she’d been voted to be the one who was to go home by one group and not accepted by the other group and just struggled to fit in and the ‘twist’ had caused that...so much suspicion and wariness being felt...I really disliked that so much...and then maybe I had too much of a favourite with Tamisha...she’s amazing to have taken part at all when so much was obviously still so difficult for her and she had to listen to so many remarks about her age as well...I mean, really..?...when she’s such an inspiration and really, Any Queen would be so ageist when they will have had so much prejudice...so when she left, I lost my heart too and that’s difficult to pick up from...but they are on the whole, a very talented group of queens and there are more bonds and friendships than I had properly seen before ...and that’s probably because Tamisha has gone, that I’m now seeing that so there’s a positive there in her going....I really didn’t like what Ru did last episode with the lipsync and saying hahaha, you’re not really going home...some of the things she does are quite cruel as well, I think...that was also on the back of her screaming at Joe on the U.K. one...so there’s that as well, I’m seeing another perspective with her...but it is a great cast of Queens, I think ...and some truly excellent runways.....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, episode, preview, season