Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 23-02-2021, 02:16 AM #26
Banned

Banned

I reckon he resented the Royal lifestyle for quite a while, it would be difficult to live the life he has and not resent the toxic press. I've always thought the birth of his son probably was what prompted him to make a change, although I'm guessing the bigoted press and racist public's treatment of his wife was the final straw.

I hope he's happier now that he has more control over when he deals with the media and the fact he doesn't have to deal with this country's ****stain excuse for the media, or it's people. A mixed race american becoming part of the royal family really brought the bigots out in force.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:19 AM #27
Banned

Banned

Also, regarding Harry, the people that trash him the most are always the people who get a hardon when it comes to making big shows of themselves about how they respect the troops, and how they deserve respect, yet they'll trash Harry despite the fact that he is a veteran.

It really kind of shows that, to these people, the military is nothing more than a prop to push their own agenda.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:53 AM #28

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I reckon he resented the Royal lifestyle for quite a while, it would be difficult to live the life he has and not resent the toxic press. I've always thought the birth of his son probably was what prompted him to make a change, although I'm guessing the bigoted press and racist public's treatment of his wife was the final straw.

I hope he's happier now that he has more control over when he deals with the media and the fact he doesn't have to deal with this country's ****stain excuse for the media, or it's people. A mixed race american becoming part of the royal family really brought the bigots out in force.
It's no secret he resented his lifestyle, at least to anyone not insistent on emasculating him and pretending it was all Meghan's doing by putting him under the thumb and poisoning his mind

Bizarre his thoughts in these interviews (long before he even met Meghan) still line up with his current day mindset.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 03:10 AM #29
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
It's no secret he resented his lifestyle, at least to anyone not insistent on emasculating him and pretending it was all Meghan's doing by putting him under the thumb and poisoning his mind

Bizarre his thoughts in these interviews (long before he even met Meghan) still line up with his current day mindset.
Well well well...

I’d love to see the Meghan haters explain this. I might get some popcorn.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:03 AM #30
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...It’s talked about how much lighter and carefree he’s been before he met Meghan but he’s always said that he’s struggled before he met her and that’s Harry speaking for himself in his own words because those wouldn’t be words that a Royal pen would have written for him, to say how much ‘Royal’ wasn’t for him and for him to say that he was so unhappy in his prominent role as Royalty...and as he said, his uncomfortable media relationship was something that would possibly never heal because of his mother and how she died...just heartbreaking enough to lose a parent at any time and for any reason...but the layers of losing her when he was so young and having so many stages of life to go through that he was unable to share with her...and for their to be such answerability attached to her death and it be such a traumatic death etc...that was obviously the start but then there was the accused phone hacking against some media when he was with Chelsy and then the media directed at Meghan, which was so grim...and then his son and the racist comment within days of his birth...

....it’s strange and ironic really that it’s expected and often admired even, for a Royal to ‘follow duty’ or not deviate from duty and ‘tradition’ in anything except small ways ..and yet, to be a society and country who praise and appreciate freedom so much for ourselves...anyway as Jordan posted and seeing all of those times in one clip etc...yeah, maybe he would always have walked away, whoever he had married...none of us ever know if our lives had taken another path...at least his decisions are his to make now and making decisions that you're happy to have made and those you think maybe you could have done differently etc through life are what mould you into who you are..personally, I don’t think that the Royal way as it were, is a very healthy way ...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:47 AM #31

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Long term memory loss it seems

Why have people forgotten that Harry has been trying to get away from that lifestyle and the royal duties for some time, his mother dying and the way she was treated has played a big part .

And the way Meghan has been tormented in the media is clearly the final straw .

He's had enough and whoever Harry is married to ,he would of been protective of them and more so with him being a dad aswell so that's his priority .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 23-02-2021 at 06:48 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:13 AM #32
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

It’s clear from the video he wanted to leave and has since left but I think it was wrong to have a 6 million pound wedding funded by the tax payer

It’s wrong that he is disrespectful to his grandmother the queen.

Will his new life in celebrity central bring him happiness, I honestly don’t think it will.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:18 AM #33
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Well well well...

No bother, he is hanging on to the Duke title though, any thoughts on that?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:19 AM #34
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Well well well...

Seriously glenn grow up with the popcorn crap, just makes you look like you are desperate for drama.

And just because you love Meghan and Harry doesn’t mean people have to hate them people on this forum that don’t like the couple are happy to leave it at dislike.
Old 23-02-2021, 07:20 AM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443;1[B
1005428]It’s clear from the video he wanted to leave and has since left but I think it was wrong to have a 6 million pound wedding funded by the tax payer [/B]

It’s wrong that he is disrespectful to his grandmother the queen.

Will his new life in celebrity central bring him happiness, I honestly don’t think it will.

I know I want to leave but I have a Royal Wedding at vast taxpayer expense

I accept Frogmore Cottage and spend an eye watering amount having it renovated

I accept and still have the Title of Duke

I have a tantrum over losing Patronages just a few days ago...

mmmm

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 23-02-2021, 07:34 AM #36
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Would've*
Nothing to say about the actual thread?
Old 23-02-2021, 08:00 AM #37

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well well well...

That's nothing new. I've read his bio. It’s well known he wanted to leave, but it was his beloved South Africa he always wanted to go to when he married to raise a family. He said it was his dream.
The Queen knew this, and offered him and Meghan the chance to live there, working for the Commonwealth. They declined, which points to Meghan saying no.
I don’t think Harry is in his element in LA, nor do I think he wants to do talk shows. On camera with Meghan he often looks uneasy. imo.
From what he said, he’d much prefer to be in S.Africa, but if he wants to be with Meghan, he’ll have to be where she wants to be.

........And what Cherie and Sheriff said.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:15 AM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
That's nothing new. I've read his bio. It’s well known he wanted to leave, but it was his beloved South Africa he always wanted to go to when he married to raise a family. He said it was his dream.
The Queen knew this, and offered him and Meghan the chance to live there, working for the Commonwealth. They declined.
I don’t think Harry is in his element in LA, nor do I think he wants to do talk shows. On camera with Meghan he often looks uneasy. imo.
From what he said, he’d much prefer to be in S.Africa, but if he wants to be with Meghan, he’ll have to be where she wants to be.

........And what Cherie and Sheriff said.

wonder how this will be spun into a negative

Last edited by Cherie; 23-02-2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old 23-02-2021, 08:43 AM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...yal-family-spt

You were WARNED! Meghan and Harry face paparazzi in US ‘worse than in UK’
MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry cited press intrusion as a key reason for leaving the Royal Family and moving to the US but they have arguably faced greater scrutiny since the move, something they were warned about at the time of their departure.

......the royal rota actually protects royals in the UK from overt exposure.

The royal rota refers to the press pool covering the Royal Family.

It is a system which has been used by Buckingham Palace for decades, and involves allowing access to royal engagements to accredited correspondents on UK newspapers on a sharing pool basis to ensure maximum press coverage with minimum interference to the engagement itself.

This system also means the press have to abide by certain rules to still be included and preserve that relationship ‒ rules such as not using paparazzi shots of royals off duty, especially of children.

For example, William and Kate requested that newspapers not use pictures of their three children except when they explicitly allow it, and this has been loyally and rigidly stuck to by all the mainstream media in the UK.

Escape press intrusion? BS. No drone pics of Archie in the UK! and Harry says 'every click of the camera, every flash of the light bulb takes me back' ....wait until the pandemic eases enough for them to get out and about, go for a meal, a walk!
Old 23-02-2021, 09:15 AM #40
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Daily express says "American newspapers are worse"
Old 23-02-2021, 09:26 AM #41
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...It’s talked about how much lighter and carefree he’s been before he met Meghan but he’s always said that he’s struggled before he met her and that’s Harry speaking for himself in his own words because those wouldn’t be words that a Royal pen would have written for him, to say how much ‘Royal’ wasn’t for him and for him to say that he was so unhappy in his prominent role as Royalty...and as he said, his uncomfortable media relationship was something that would possibly never heal because of his mother and how she died...just heartbreaking enough to lose a parent at any time and for any reason...but the layers of losing her when he was so young and having so many stages of life to go through that he was unable to share with her...and for their to be such answerability attached to her death and it be such a traumatic death etc...that was obviously the start but then there was the accused phone hacking against some media when he was with Chelsy and then the media directed at Meghan, which was so grim...and then his son and the racist comment within days of his birth...

....it’s strange and ironic really that it’s expected and often admired even, for a Royal to ‘follow duty’ or not deviate from duty and ‘tradition’ in anything except small ways ..and yet, to be a society and country who praise and appreciate freedom so much for ourselves...anyway as Jordan posted and seeing all of those times in one clip etc...yeah, maybe he would always have walked away, whoever he had married...none of us ever know if our lives had taken another path...at least his decisions are his to make now and making decisions that you're happy to have made and those you think maybe you could have done differently etc through life are what mould you into who you are..personally, I don’t think that the Royal way as it were, is a very healthy way ...
Excellent post.

I really cannot understand people not understanding why these 2 have chosen to live their married life and future the way they wish to.

If I was married, and lined the idea of working or living somewhere, however my partner didn't.
I'm not going to force said partner to ONLY do my will.

I'm sure consideration will have been given to any working Royal Rome suggested to them.
However once their child was born.
Then as with other families, even working families, then priorities change.

What seemed appealing at one time, may not be the appropriately desired way to go now in that scenario.

I agree with all that say it, Prince Harry hasn't been content in the stricter Royal stuffiness of duties.
He has, and is right to have, a suspicion and dislike from his Mother's death, of particularly the press.

So he and his partner, as man and wife, have probably as most respectful to each other couples do, talked, reached compromise and decided the best way forward to them in their lives now.

What on earth is wrong with that.
I also still agree with those saying he would have moved away from the more stuffy Royal duties and working life, while not moved from the family.
No matter who he decided to marry.

The taxpayer has had funds squandered before on Royal Weddings.
Princess Anne's, Prince Charles and Diana's, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson of just the Queen's children..
Only Prince Edward's first marriage is intact of her children..

The nitpicking is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be however, I'd say a decent person, or good husband, if for duty to family, immaterial of who my family were, I were to just force the person I claimed to love to do all that family wanted, and live and work where that family demanded, against said partner's hopes and wishes too.

No way would that be admirable in any shape or form.

If anyone really looks at Prince Harry and thinks he's not happy with this decision they've felt necessary for them.
Then they must need strong glasses or contact lens, because he's not looked so relaxed and happier than he is now.

Similarly for duty his Father played out a Royal duty role with Diana.
A very painful playing out to watch that was too.
Which ended acrimoniously and eventually in tragedy too.
However Prince Charles now too, looks relaxed and happier than he's looked before being with Camilla.

So once again,yes I think Prince Harry would have walked away from the Royal working set up.
No matter who he married

Not to disappear, not to be heard of no more, not to just exist and not live.
To find in reality the life seemed best for him, his wife and children to be.

Also if media approach them, if people are interested and want to hear from them and still see them.
Then what is wrong with doing that.
As long as they can control it more in their way, rather than forced to accept.

No one who doesn't like them, has to read, watch, hear anything about them.
Unless those who don't like them want to.
Which is rather odd to me.

As an example of people I don't like as celebrities of famous, well I just rarely and more likely never, watch them, listen to them or read anything about them.
What's the point if I don't like them and they aren't going to impact on my life.

I'd rather spend my time and energy on living my life and not other people's.

Last edited by joeysteele; 23-02-2021 at 09:27 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:42 AM #42
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i don't care enough about royalty to give a ****. I'm happy for them to be doing anything as long as I'm not force fed their nonsense
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:48 AM #43
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Stop force-feeding me their nonsense, says man who clicked into the thread and wrote a post about them
Old 23-02-2021, 09:53 AM #44
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

it was a low priority post that i indulge in when i have a minute or 2 to spare
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:54 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Daily express says "American newspapers are worse"
Correction - They say "American Paparazzi are worse" (have you heard of the drones/Archie incident)?

The article is about how the Royal rota protects it members, which is correct. There is no such protection in America, obviously.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:58 AM #46
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it was a low priority post that i indulge in when i have a minute or 2 to spare

Old 23-02-2021, 10:00 AM #47
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Correction - They say "American Paparazzi are worse" (have you heard of the drones/Archie incident)?

The article is about how the Royal rota protects it members, which is correct. There is no such protection in America, obviously.
So you're concerned about them, and their lack of protection from the US paparazzi?

Good guy jet turning over a new leaf.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:04 AM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

BTW, family who live in America tell me many papers there are brutal - and they print things the UK papers wouldn't dare.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:06 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Excellent post.

I really cannot understand people not understanding why these 2 have chosen to live their married life and future the way they wish to.

If I was married, and lined the idea of working or living somewhere, however my partner didn't.
I'm not going to force said partner to ONLY do my will.

I'm sure consideration will have been given to any working Royal Rome suggested to them.
However once their child was born.
Then as with other families, even working families, then priorities change.

What seemed appealing at one time, may not be the appropriately desired way to go now in that scenario.

I agree with all that say it, Prince Harry hasn't been content in the stricter Royal stuffiness of duties.
He has, and is right to have, a suspicion and dislike from his Mother's death, of particularly the press.

So he and his partner, as man and wife, have probably as most respectful to each other couples do, talked, reached compromise and decided the best way forward to them in their lives now.

What on earth is wrong with that.
I also still agree with those saying he would have moved away from the more stuffy Royal duties and working life, while not moved from the family.
No matter who he decided to marry.

The taxpayer has had funds squandered before on Royal Weddings.
Princess Anne's, Prince Charles and Diana's, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson of just the Queen's children..
Only Prince Edward's first marriage is intact of her children..

The nitpicking is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be however, I'd say a decent person, or good husband, if for duty to family, immaterial of who my family were, I were to just force the person I claimed to love to do all that family wanted, and live and work where that family demanded, against said partner's hopes and wishes too.

No way would that be admirable in any shape or form.

If anyone really looks at Prince Harry and thinks he's not happy with this decision they've felt necessary for them.
Then they must need strong glasses or contact lens, because he's not looked so relaxed and happier than he is now.

Similarly for duty his Father played out a Royal duty role with Diana.
A very painful playing out to watch that was too.
Which ended acrimoniously and eventually in tragedy too.
However Prince Charles now too, looks relaxed and happier than he's looked before being with Camilla.

So once again,yes I think Prince Harry would have walked away from the Royal working set up.
No matter who he married

Not to disappear, not to be heard of no more, not to just exist and not live.
To find in reality the life seemed best for him, his wife and children to be.

Also if media approach them, if people are interested and want to hear from them and still see them.
Then what is wrong with doing that.
As long as they can control it more in their way, rather than forced to accept.

No one who doesn't like them, has to read, watch, hear anything about them.
Unless those who don't like them want to.
Which is rather odd to me.

As an example of people I don't like as celebrities of famous, well I just rarely and more likely never, watch them, listen to them or read anything about them.
What's the point if I don't like them and they aren't going to impact on my life.

I'd rather spend my time and energy on living my life and not other people's.
Completely agree !
Old 23-02-2021, 10:13 AM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
So you're concerned about them, and their lack of protection from the US paparazzi?

Good guy jet turning over a new leaf.
Well yes, I don't think anyone would want them to be hounded, especially not their young son. As I've said, I dislike them and their actions, especially Meghan; I don't hate them.
Sorry, no new leaf.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, prince