Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 23-02-2021, 11:24 AM #51
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it was accused by Harry of it being some of ‘press pool’ tabloid media that had had hacked Chelsy’s phone to see personal messages to and from Harry, I believe...so the press pool and he have had a particularly difficult relationship...for quite a few years now and I would imagine it’s a mutual thing...I believe that one of that ‘pool’ who was named had an article recently linked on the forum as her being a reliable ‘royal reporter’...but there is no reliable, it’s about which slant you’ll take and which Royals haven’t upset you because they object to hacking...and then ‘the pool’ can gather, I imagine...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 11:42 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...it was accused by Harry of it being some of ‘press pool’ tabloid media that had had hacked Chelsy’s phone to see personal messages to and from Harry, I believe...so the press pool and he have had a particularly difficult relationship...for quite a few years now and I would imagine it’s a mutual thing...I believe that one of that ‘pool’ who was named had an article recently linked on the forum as her being a reliable ‘royal reporter’...but there is no reliable, it’s about which slant you’ll take and which Royals haven’t upset you because they object to hacking...and then ‘the pool’ can gather, I imagine...
....It was accused by Harry....I thought it was never proved. Do you have evidence?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 11:49 AM #53
0_o

0_o

Honestly, yeah. As I do not believe he is this hen pecked timid little thing who just does what his wife wants. I think he was as eager to leave the 'duties' (not the family) as she was. Hes never followed the 'rules' really has he, even when younger he was splashed in the press doing things that...well you wouldnt expect a royal to do.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:01 PM #54
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it was quite a huge court case, I believe...and specifically accused some ‘royal reporters’ ...wasn’t that the case that closed down one the newspapers, but I could be wrong about that...their ‘sources’ and ‘inside person and person in the know etc’ are not only sometimes morally unethical and misleading completely ...but they’re also going to be slanted in whichever way they choose for their ‘story’ to take place/whatever perspective’ etc....that’s easy to Google if I’m wrong and recall incorrectly ...but no matter with this case from the point I was making...in that ‘the pool’ equally are known not to have a good relationship with Harry...they don’t like being accused and they don’t like being sued either, so they wouldn’t really offer him much media protection of having that pool, type reporting...which they’ve obviously proven ...just about every day in every way......
Old 23-02-2021, 12:02 PM #55
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
well yes.

They weren't even a declared couple yet the press were all over watching to see if when she was anywhere, was Prince Harry there too.

It would seem she even before anything serious to be developed between them, thought no way was she wanting that intrusion.

Had they got together, I think the same intrusion for different reasons, because there may be underlying other reasons why people are so acidic in their dislike of Meghan Markle.

I don't think it changes the likelihood of Prince Harry, no matter who he married, once his Brother was married too, with a growing family.

That Prince Harry would look to his then own life and happiness and in fact security of more peace of mind too.
Meghan Markle is HIS choice, that's where his life and happiness is and so once more.
Good luck to them in all they do.

Those who intensely dislike them, why do they even want to read about them or watch them just to dissect and negatively criticise every single thing ,(Meghan particularly but both of them too), say and do.

How does it ever affect them.
If they want them to go away, all they have to do is skip over articles and news on them and not watch them.

For others who still wish them well and don't mind hearing about or from them.
Well they'll watch and listen.

I can't imagine buying and putting on an album and listening to it ,of an artiste I didn't like the sound of in any way at all.

So I wouldn't either be bothered about, or listening to or watching any other person I didn't like the sound of either.

I wouldn't waste any of my time on them at all.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:04 PM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Honestly, yeah. As I do not believe he is this hen pecked timid little thing who just does what his wife wants. I think he was as eager to leave the 'duties' (not the family) as she was. Hes never followed the 'rules' really has he, even when younger he was splashed in the press doing things that...well you wouldnt expect a royal to do.
...I just feel so sad for Archie...he’ll read back one day to read such awful media about his parents and so another ‘Harry’ is created in the damage and will he feel the same about the media/social media etc...and how many generation will that travel down and on and on...when will that line be drawn and how much damage before it is...
Old 23-02-2021, 12:09 PM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
well yes.

They weren't even a declared couple yet the press were all over watching to see if when she was anywhere, was Prince Harry there too.

It would seem she even before anything serious to be developed between them, thought no way was she wanting that intrusion.

Had they got together, I think the same intrusion for different reasons, because there may be underlying other reasons why people are so acidic in their dislike of Meghan Markle.

I don't think it changes the likelihood of Prince Harry, no matter who he married, once his Brother was married too, with a growing family.

That Prince Harry would look to his then own life and happiness and in fact security of more peace of mind too.
Meghan Markle is HIS choice, that's where his life and happiness is and so once more.
Good luck to them in all they do.

Those who intensely dislike them, why do they even want to read about them or watch them just to dissect and negatively criticise every single thing ,(Meghan particularly but both of them too), say and do.

How does it ever affect them.
If they want them to go away, all they have to do is skip over articles and news on them and not watch them.

For others who still wish them well and don't mind hearing about or from them.
Well they'll watch and listen.

I can't imagine buying and putting on an album and listening to it ,of an artiste I didn't like the sound of in any way at all.

So I wouldn't either be bothered about, or listening to or watching any other person I didn't like the sound of either.

I wouldn't waste any of my time on them at all.

...he was with Chelsy at the time, I believe so pre Meghan...as if his media relationship want difficult and damaged enough, watching him in the vid Jordan posted is heartbreaking, how he’s felt ..and then his privacy and romantic relationship was hacked by ‘the pool’ that was meant to give him some protection of having a smaller group of ‘royal reporters’ and their ‘inside sources’...
Old 23-02-2021, 12:13 PM #58
0_o

0_o

Quote:
...I just feel so sad for Archie...he’ll read back one day to read such awful media about his parents and so another ‘Harry’ is created in the damage and will he feel the same about the media/social media etc...and how many generation will that travel down and on and on...when will that line be drawn and how much damage before it is...
Yeah I know..its awful really. I feel bad for everyone in this thing tbh as I am sure there is no huge rift behind closed doors or anything like the press is continually making out, and even if there was..like..can you imagine if every spat in your family was spread across the papers and exagerrated ontop of that. I know its kind of part of being famous, but this is on another level. I genuinely would not be surprised if there was a headline about how many craps meghan and harry take per day.

And I will never understand why its so awful to ask for some privacy, yet publicize things you are happy to share. Thats bonkers to me really. Ontop of this, part of the reason the papers are so interested in them, is because there are thousands ready to leap on meghans every move and dissect it and twist it and get quite angry from what I have seen on social media anyway, those raging clicks, are exactly WHY there is so much news about them, so really, if people are annoyed at the amount of publicity, just..well avoid it. If interest dies down, the press wont be so bothered about them.

It feels odd for me to be defending the royals though, I have to say. As I have never thought much of the monarchy and that, I think its all old fashioned pointless nonsense and usually I will just stay away from news about them as I dont really care. But the...reaction to anything meghan (and harry, but mainly meghan) does is just so bizarre. And yes, that poor child reading all this crap about his parents..it wont be good and could even set off another destructive cycle really.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:22 PM #59

I dont know why he didnt go to Africa and represent the Commonwealth...but then probably it wasnt the lifestyle that Meghan wanted.
He has left the country...because he doesnt like England or being Royal...well surrender your HRH and stop making the British citizens pay for your security when you can afford to pay for it yourself.
He doesnt like Press intrusion but he and his wife court it all the time....and then there are rumours Meghan wants to get involved in politics...sounds like he is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...
So much hypocrisy...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:27 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...it was quite a huge court case, I believe...and specifically accused some ‘royal reporters’ ...wasn’t that the case that closed down one the newspapers, but I could be wrong about that...their ‘sources’ and ‘inside person and person in the know etc’ are not only sometimes morally unethical and misleading completely ...but they’re also going to be slanted in whichever way they choose for their ‘story’ to take place/whatever perspective’ etc....that’s easy to Google if I’m wrong and recall incorrectly ...but no matter with this case from the point I was making...in that ‘the pool’ equally are known not to have a good relationship with Harry...they don’t like being accused and they don’t like being sued either, so they wouldn’t really offer him much media protection of having that pool, type reporting...which they’ve obviously proven ...just about every day in every way......
Any of the 'pool' who break the rules laid down would be immediately banished though, and no way would they be allowed to continue as part of the pool if they had been found to be involved in phone hacking.
There are rogues in every profession, and for Royal reporters to keep their jobs they can't go around telling blatant lies and misrepresenting the royals, otherwise they will be frozen out from their palace sources.
I have read many reports of how Harry was well liked by the press and photographers, larking around with them and accompanying them to the pub.

Perhaps after the phone hacking that turned sour, it was certainly said by Arthur Edwards, the Sun photographer, (its on utube) who had a particularly good relationship with Harry, that it was after he met Meghan that he became surly and rude as if they were all collectively to blame for any negative reports about her.
I think it was the Millie Dowler case that closed down one of the newspapers, not 100% sure....
Old 23-02-2021, 12:27 PM #61
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah I know..its awful really. I feel bad for everyone in this thing tbh as I am sure there is no huge rift behind closed doors or anything like the press is continually making out, and even if there was..like..can you imagine if every spat in your family was spread across the papers and exagerrated ontop of that. I know its kind of part of being famous, but this is on another level. I genuinely would not be surprised if there was a headline about how many craps meghan and harry take per day.

And I will never understand why its so awful to ask for some privacy, yet publicize things you are happy to share. Thats bonkers to me really. Ontop of this, part of the reason the papers are so interested in them, is because there are thousands ready to leap on meghans every move and dissect it and twist it and get quite angry from what I have seen on social media anyway, those raging clicks, are exactly WHY there is so much news about them, so really, if people are annoyed at the amount of publicity, just..well avoid it. If interest dies down, the press wont be so bothered about them.

It feels odd for me to be defending the royals though, I have to say. As I have never thought much of the monarchy and that, I think its all old fashioned pointless nonsense and usually I will just stay away from news about them as I dont really care. But the...reaction to anything meghan (and harry, but mainly meghan) does is just so bizarre. And yes, that poor child reading all this crap about his parents..it wont be good and could even set off another destructive cycle really.
....as parents we know how much negative stuff said about parents and families etc, upsets a child...and we certainly know the far reaching behaviour/emotional damage on children in schools...and this is on such a grand scale that we could never imagine and will never experience...and obviously, Archie will come to know about the death of his late grandmother as well and how that media played their part and how that then was carried down by his dad...and so he’ll read about how the media have been with his mum especially and on and on...and serving no purpose other than to be damaging to a family ...
Old 23-02-2021, 12:37 PM #62

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I dont know why he didnt go to Africa and represent the Commonwealth...but then probably it wasnt the lifestyle that Meghan wanted.
He has left the country...because he doesnt like England or being Royal...well surrender your HRH and stop making the British citizens pay for your security when you can afford to pay for it yourself.
He doesnt like Press intrusion but he and his wife court it all the time....and then there are rumours Meghan wants to get involved in politics...sounds like he is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...
So much hypocrisy...
Prince Charles offered to pay for their security but they declined and said they would pay for it themselves.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:40 PM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I wonder how Archie will feel too when he is old enough to understand, about being taken away from his Royal heritage and the large family of grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts etc far away in the UK.
It's not as if he will have the connections of both sides of Meghan's family either. Just her mother. A lot of family is being denied to him. Will he (and eventually the new baby too) resent that?
Old 23-02-2021, 12:52 PM #64
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...that’s all the more reason why it doesn’t need adding to as well, IMO...the personal family things that are worked out within a family with distances etc..whether be emotional ones are actual travelling distances and any extended family etc ..are only for his parents to be resolved ....and dissection of every aspect in every which way and tearing apart the characters of his parents and their decisions which are being made in his own interest and for his protection whether thought right or wrong...is only adding and feeding into so going against any concern for him...
Old 23-02-2021, 01:20 PM #65
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...that’s all the more reason why it doesn’t need adding to as well, IMO...the personal family things that are worked out within a family with distances etc..whether be emotional ones are actual travelling distances and any extended family etc ..are only for his parents to be resolved ....and dissection of every aspect in every which way and tearing apart the characters of his parents and their decisions which are being made in his own interest and for his protection whether thought right or wrong...is only adding and feeding into so going against any concern for him...

Exactly right.
Even moreso the last 7 lines of your post.

I think myself however, the children of Prince Harry and Meghan will think rationally about the why's and all else.
Understanding their parents decision at this time.

Who is also to say in time, their children would not be involved as ln the Royal family and even POSSIBLY come to have some Royal roles as adults.

I'm sure Prince Harry and Meghan would want their children to form and make their own decisions once at an age to do so.
As Prince Harry himself has.

After all the Queen from the Palace clearly stated, they remain much loved members of the Royal family.

It will even possibly be Prince William on the throne by the time Prince Harry's children hit adulthood.

Last edited by joeysteele; 23-02-2021 at 01:22 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:22 PM #66
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I wonder how Archie will feel too when he is old enough to understand, about being taken away from his Royal heritage and the large family of grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts etc far away in the UK.
It's not as if he will have the connections of both sides of Meghan's family either. Just her mother. A lot of family is being denied to him. Will he (and eventually the new baby too) resent that?
Again MORE assumptions. You have zero idea about how they keep in touch. You’re just imagining that Harry and Meghan are keeping Archie away from everyone out of spite.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:22 PM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Prince Charles offered to pay for their security but they declined and said they would pay for it themselves.
I read that Charles is paying for it - 4 million a year. It was said that although the couple have money of their own, they couldn't possibly pay the mortgage and the upkeep and the staff of their large mansion, plus security bills.
That they haven't actually gotten all the money for the deals thy have made as they haven't really produced anything yet and they will be paid as they go, not upfront.
Old 23-02-2021, 01:25 PM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Again MORE assumptions. You have zero idea about how they keep in touch. You’re just imagining that Harry and Meghan are keeping Archie away from everyone out of spite.
Don't be silly.
Old 23-02-2021, 01:28 PM #69
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Don't be silly.
Right back at ya!

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:35 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Right back at ya!
Old 23-02-2021, 01:57 PM #71
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..actually, just as point of interest and going back to the ‘pool’ and them respecting the request from William and Kate to not print pictures of their children unless given specific permission and how they’ve stuck to that etc...I did think...( ...as with schools etc...)...that permission to even photograph a child, let alone have the photograph printed publicly anywhere would not be legal anyway...but I looked up how it was for celebrities/royalty etc...

... because of some privacy invasions with some celebrities, JK Rowling was one with her son...but there seem to be quite a few successful celebrity lawsuits which led to a landmark ruling to protect children of the well known....

‘This precedent means that celebrity parents now have extra power to control how the images of their children appear in the UK media: all children are protected in situations where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy. What constitutes being “reasonable” is debatable – so there may still be litigation about this in the future.’

..and this part references Royal children particularly...

‘Even so, it is not only the children of celebrities who benefit from this ruling. Picture editors would be foolhardy to ignore it. So it doesn’t matter whether the photographs are of royal children such as Prince George and Princess Charlotte or simply of Jack and Jill throwing snowballs or splashing in the sea. Where the children have a reasonable expectation of privacy and there is no parental consent then pictures which include the children’s faces cannot be published unless their faces are pixellated. This will also put a stop to the media “scraping” children’s photographs from social media sites following disasters or other high-profile events.’...

...it’s interesting because I hadn’t known how printing photos of children worked for them...

https://theconversation.com/freedom-...k-ruling-51062

Last edited by Ammi; 23-02-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 23-02-2021, 02:13 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

I am pretty sure we are still paying their £7.6m annual security bill. When they were in Canada the Canadians paid for some of it...
The only money they returned to the Taxpayers pot was £2.5m for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:36 PM #73
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
I am pretty sure we are still paying their £7.6m annual security bill. When they were in Canada the Canadians paid for some of it...
The only money they returned to the Taxpayers pot was £2.5m for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.
We really should be congratulating their independence! Maybe they could talk about that, along with their longing for a life away from the spotlight, during the Oprah interview.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:43 PM #74

Quote:
There were reports at the time that Charles would assist from his funds but the security would not be paid by the tax payer any more.
Old 23-02-2021, 02:45 PM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yes, the paps used to take pictures of Diana bringing her boys to school, and she was hounded going to the gym or private appointments... we rarely see pictures of any Royals out and about on their private time any more. It had to stop, and it did.
H&M won't have that with the rabid LA paps, if on the assumption that pics of them will be worth a lot of money.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, prince