Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2021, 05:31 PM   #1
LeatherTrumpet
Compassion in Action
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71,807


Thumbs down Meghan and her husband make first appearance after announcing pregnancy worldwide

Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube


The publicity hungry couple appeared at a virtual Spotify event on Monday to plug their Archewell Audio podcast, named after their 20-month-old son, which is part of a rumoured £30m deal with the audio streaming platform.

Are you looking forward to this and will it be a success?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:38 PM   #2
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 25,456

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

the moment someone mentions "safe space" in these types of programmes, i switch off
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,440


Default

...............
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
Amy Jade
Queen of Walford
 
Amy Jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51,848

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

It will be a success because haters will listen to it several times to find something to attack them for and generally people will be interested I think to hear what they have to say
__________________
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
Gstar
Jemal
 
Gstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: giving me the side eye like she wanna fight
Posts: 13,194

Favourites:
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Georgia
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BB6: Makosi


Default

^

2
Gstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,239
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the moment someone mentions "safe space" in these types of programmes, i switch off
Grim, airing anything in public is not compatible with a safe space

Just another sound bite that means nada
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #7
LeatherTrumpet
Compassion in Action
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71,807


Default

“The biggest part of this is trying to create this community of where you can share [and] encourage everybody else to then share their own vulnerabilities within that safe space,” Harry adds.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
jet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,839

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Jahmene Douglas
Default

Could be useful as a sleep aid for insomnia sufferers.

Last edited by jet; 23-02-2021 at 06:15 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
Josy
Senior Member
 
Josy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 59,200
Blog Entries: 4


Default

How does advertising their upcoming podcast make them publicity hungry LOL that's generally the done thing when you are promoting a new venture...

And in any case they wanted away from OUR VILE MEDIA which they have done and seriously who can blame them after the way Harry's own mum was treated by them and he knew they were beginning to target his wife in a similar fashion I dont think they ever claimed they would live a hermits life after moving did they

They are keeping their fans happy anyway who in the long run matter more than the people that claim to dislike them yet obsess over and completely exaggerate every tiny thing the couple do.
Josy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #10
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,026


Default

OUTRAGEOUS!!!! A bloody podcast!!!!
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #11
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 55,861


Default

...Oscar de la Renta......she has fabulous taste...always so stylish......
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #12
Jessica.
NO BIGOTS ALLOWED
 
Jessica.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 23,988
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
BB15: Jale
CBB9: Nicola McLean


Default

Aww it looks cute, I'll listen to it!
__________________

Release the beast!
👹BIMINI 👹

Jessica. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #13
thesheriff443
thesheriff443
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,195


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
How does advertising their upcoming podcast make them publicity hungry LOL that's generally the done thing when you are promoting a new venture...

And in any case they wanted away from OUR VILE MEDIA which they have done and seriously who can blame them after the way Harry's own mum was treated by them and he knew they were beginning to target his wife in a similar fashion I dont think they ever claimed they would live a hermits life after moving did they

They are keeping their fans happy anyway who in the long run matter more than the people that claim to dislike them yet obsess over and completely exaggerate every tiny thing the couple do.
No one is obsessing Josy the couple divide opinions and are in the news often

There is just as many positive posts on this site as there is negative ones

Last edited by thesheriff443; 23-02-2021 at 06:46 PM.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #14
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,391

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
...............
You still follow what they're doing

What's wrong with them promoting their podcast? .Let's continue to moan and bash Meghan , despite there being more serious news stories LOGIC .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #15
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79,026


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
How does advertising their upcoming podcast make them publicity hungry LOL that's generally the done thing when you are promoting a new venture...

And in any case they wanted away from OUR VILE MEDIA which they have done and seriously who can blame them after the way Harry's own mum was treated by them and he knew they were beginning to target his wife in a similar fashion I dont think they ever claimed they would live a hermits life after moving did they

They are keeping their fans happy anyway who in the long run matter more than the people that claim to dislike them yet obsess over and completely exaggerate every tiny thing the couple do.
It's another piece of make-believe from the "they wanted to disappear" brigade.

They never claimed to want to disappear off the face of the earth, there's a difference between having a healthy public and private life and having their personal business violated by scummy paps and so called journalists.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:08 PM   #16
Josy
Senior Member
 
Josy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 59,200
Blog Entries: 4


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
No one is obsessing Josy the couple divide opinions and are in the news often

There is just as many positive posts on this site as there is negative ones
Plenty of people obsess actually, all you have to do is read a few social media comments to see it, not everyone is referring to this forum when they talk about the obsessive unwarranted hatred and dislike that this couple receive so you've really no need to jump in with the same comments every time someone mentions it.
Josy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #17
AnnieK
Senior Member
 
AnnieK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchester
Posts: 10,956


Default

The very people who want them to disappear are the ones who comment most....on here and all other media sites. It's crazy....meghan and harry don't really need to do much to get their content seen. I wouldn't have know about this without a thread being made
__________________
AnnieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #18
jet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,839

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Jahmene Douglas
Default

Imagine getting paid 30 million for stuff like this. No wonder they are clinging onto their Duke and Duchess titles with an iron grip.
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:06 AM   #19
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,391

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
It's another piece of make-believe from the "they wanted to disappear" brigade.

They never claimed to want to disappear off the face of the earth, there's a difference between having a healthy public and private life and having their personal business violated by scummy paps and so called journalists.
I don't know why this is so difficult for people to comprehend
__________________

Last edited by GoldHeart; 24-02-2021 at 01:06 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:06 AM   #20
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 55,861


Default

..just going back to what Josy said...there is a quite startling obsessive amount of hate for Meghan to an extent I’ve rarely seen about anyone and completely explains why they’ve made the decision they did as well...something I read this morning and although a few comments are particularly hateful, there were so many also saying they have no interest in her at all, which is perfectly fine but it’s while they’re reading the article and making comment about how much they disliked her and wished she would disappear forever...such a dedication to hate...


...anyway, one comment was more or less, in whatever exact words....that this person didn’t believe that Meghan was pregnant she wasn’t swollen of puffy enough, so just another ‘fake pregnancy’ atm..?...what does that mean, is it saying that her miscarriage was fake.
as well..and another comment was that Harry should just have rented her by the hour, rather than have married her...there really is a huge level of dedication to hate her and to a lesser extent, Harry too, the derogatory references to his intellect because the person he loves and who he’s found happiness with is not of public choosing or whatever....but then he’s just ‘a bit thick’, isn’t he...ditch the witch and we’ll like you again if you’re humble enough, is the vibe with him as well...’hate’ really isn’t to strong or extreme for so much feeling toward them...Meghan in particular, always....my surprise is that they didn’t go sooner, tbh....
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:11 AM   #21
parmnion
Better luck next time :-)
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 31,769

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

How does fleeing to america stop them from reading stuff in papers and online about themselves.?
__________________
@staysafetibbusers.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #22
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,239
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
How does fleeing to america stop them from reading stuff in papers and online about themselves.?
Good point Parmy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #23
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,440


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..just going back to what Josy said...there is a quite startling obsessive amount of hate for Meghan to an extent I’ve rarely seen about anyone and completely explains why they’ve made the decision they did as well...something I read this morning and although a few comments are particularly hateful, there were so many also saying they have no interest in her at all, which is perfectly fine but it’s while they’re reading the article and making comment about how much they disliked her and wished she would disappear forever...such a dedication to hate...


...anyway, one comment was more or less, in whatever exact words....that this person didn’t believe that Meghan was pregnant she wasn’t swollen of puffy enough, so just another ‘fake pregnancy’ atm..?...what does that mean, is it saying that her miscarriage was fake.
as well..and another comment was that Harry should just have rented her by the hour, rather than have married her...there really is a huge level of dedication to hate her and to a lesser extent, Harry too, the derogatory references to his intellect because the person he loves and who he’s found happiness with is not of public choosing or whatever....but then he’s just ‘a bit thick’, isn’t he...ditch the witch and we’ll like you again if you’re humble enough, is the vibe with him as well...’hate’ really isn’t to strong or extreme for so much feeling toward them...Meghan in particular, always....my surprise is that they didn’t go sooner, tbh....

Well thats social media for you....do you think they are the only ones?...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #24
AnnieK
Senior Member
 
AnnieK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchester
Posts: 10,956


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well thats social media for you....do you think they are the only ones?...
Of course they're not the only ones, no-one ever claimed they were

Doesn't make it better though, all its does it highlight what celebs go through and how hateful people out there can be.

Knowing that others go though it doesn't make it any easier to deal with I'm sure.
__________________
AnnieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #25
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,440


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
You still follow what they're doing

What's wrong with them promoting their podcast? .Let's continue to moan and bash Meghan , despite there being more serious news stories LOGIC .

Well for a couple that you dont really give two hoots about...you spend a lot of time defending them
Nothing wrong with them promoting their Podcast...and their is nothing wrong with me passing comment on it
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
announcing, appearance, husband, make, meghan, pregnancy, worldwide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts