Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2021, 11:55 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm yet to see anyone point any of these "errors, lies and fabrications" other than the one about getting married before the main ceremony which, as I;ve pointed out before, is not the "zinger gotcha!!" that people are desperate for it to be at all.

Supporting Mental Health when he was unable to help his wife when she was ‘suicidal’ despite supporting Mental Health groups with William and Kate long before he even met Meghan.
....then he gets a role supporting ‘Misinformation’...During the interview Meghan was only too happy to declare they were married before the Big day. Although now corrected. Then we have the title of Prince insinuating he didn’t get it because of his skin colour and he was entitled to it....
The Racial conversation...Meghan claimed there were several conversations whilst she was pregnant...Harry said there was one before she was pregnant.

They are the ones that spring to mind...and although the words did not come out of his mouth he was happy for that to be broadcast.

No wonder people are tittering...
Old 26-03-2021, 12:06 PM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I never really come across either of them other than on here, so I don't even get the being lectured part. If you don't seek them out, they're pretty unobtrusive.

Nothing more than pantomime villains for the saggy white masses.
...yeah, very much this...their ‘storyline’ really is more a manufactured tabloid media hero/villain thing that is reliant on social media type sites mainly...and obviously we all discuss tabloid media stories as well ...but beyond that, they’re not a topic that enter any of my conversations either...
Old 26-03-2021, 12:34 PM #28
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
the newspaper headlines that were meant to be from UK were from all over and doctored to dramatise. ITV had to edit them out for later broadcast
I didn't know that Harry and Meghan were producers on Oprah?
Old 26-03-2021, 12:49 PM #29
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I didn't know that Harry and Meghan were producers on Oprah?
i didnt know they got married 3 days before they did

this is the problem with misinformation you see Hazza
Old 26-03-2021, 12:52 PM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...yeah, very much this...their ‘storyline’ really is more a manufactured tabloid media hero/villain thing that is reliant on social media type sites mainly...and obviously we all discuss tabloid media stories as well ...but beyond that, they’re not a topic that enter any of my conversations either...
Ammi most of the recent discussion has stemmed from their interview

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 26-03-2021, 12:54 PM #31
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I never really come across either of them other than on here, so I don't even get the being lectured part. If you don't seek them out, they're pretty unobtrusive.

Nothing more than pantomime villains for the saggy white masses.
Sorry to hear you are saggy

Try Joe Wicks

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 26-03-2021, 01:06 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Supporting Mental Health when he was unable to help his wife when she was ‘suicidal’ despite supporting Mental Health groups with William and Kate long before he even met Meghan.
....then he gets a role supporting ‘Misinformation’...During the interview Meghan was only too happy to declare they were married before the Big day. Although now corrected. Then we have the title of Prince insinuating he didn’t get it because of his skin colour and he was entitled to it....
The Racial conversation...Meghan claimed there were several conversations whilst she was pregnant...Harry said there was one before she was pregnant.

They are the ones that spring to mind...and although the words did not come out of his mouth he was happy for that to be broadcast.

No wonder people are tittering...
Others that I know of - stating she only left the palace twice in 4 months - lie
Stating she got no coaching at all on any protocol etc - huge lie
Stating only she and Harry and not Archie would have had security if they had stayed in the UK - silly lie
Stating she hadn't seen her half sister in 20 years and didn't know her - lots of photographic evidence of more lies
Stating her half sister changed her name to Markle after Meghan married Harry to associate herself with them - written evidence showed Samantha changed her name years before.
That's just off the top of my head.....
Old 26-03-2021, 01:09 PM #33
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
You do realise that supporting the cause of mental health awareness, doesn't make someone the mental health whisperer, able to cure all ills? There isn't a single trained MH practitioner in the world that would say they could help everyone, not even allowing for specific variations within MH issues.

One of the most facile comments on this pair I've seen, and it's a field with a lot of competition.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:17 PM #34
You know my methods

You know my methods

Prince Albert of Monaco blasts Prince Harry over Oprah interview
  • Prince Albert II of Monaco has criticised Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah interview as inappropriate
  • 63-year-old ruler who is a distant cousin of the Queen says he understands pressures faced by the Sussexes
  • But he says such a 'public display of dissatisfaction... wasn't appropriate' and couple's decision 'bothered him'
  • Albert II, whose mother was actress Grace Kelly, wishes Harry well but hints he may struggle away from family

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...interview.html
Old 26-03-2021, 01:28 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Others that I know of - stating she only left the palace twice in 4 months - lie
Stating she got no coaching at all on any protocol etc - huge lie
Stating only she and Harry and not Archie would have had security if they had stayed in the UK - silly lie
Stating she hadn't seen her half sister in 20 years and didn't know her - lots of photographic evidence of more lies
Stating her half sister changed her name to Markle after Meghan married Harry to associate herself with them - written evidence showed Samantha changed her name years before.
That's just off the top of my head.....

....all in all its a huge list. Harry has his work cut out with his wife let alone everyone else
Old 26-03-2021, 01:30 PM #36

Quote:
You do realise that supporting the cause of mental health awareness, doesn't make someone the mental health whisperer, able to cure all ills? There isn't a single trained MH practitioner in the world that would say they could help everyone, not even allowing for specific variations within MH issues.

One of the most facile comments on this pair I've seen, and it's a field with a lot of competition.

Of course I realise he isnt an expert....however working alongside companies and Charities dedicated to Mental Health do you seriously believe he didnt know where to turn to???
Old 26-03-2021, 01:33 PM #37

Quote:
Prince Albert of Monaco blasts Prince Harry over Oprah interview
  • Prince Albert II of Monaco has criticised Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah interview as inappropriate
  • 63-year-old ruler who is a distant cousin of the Queen says he understands pressures faced by the Sussexes
  • But he says such a 'public display of dissatisfaction... wasn't appropriate' and couple's decision 'bothered him'
  • Albert II, whose mother was actress Grace Kelly, wishes Harry well but hints he may struggle away from family

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...interview.html

Yup....apart from the Americans I dont think the whole Oprah thing has gone down too well...
Old 26-03-2021, 01:36 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Of course I realise he isnt an expert....however working alongside companies and Charities dedicated to Mental Health do you seriously believe he didnt know where to turn to???
I think people just pretend they believe every word that comes out of their mouths, otherwise, well, I'll say no more....
Old 26-03-2021, 01:40 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yup....apart from the Americans I dont think the whole Oprah thing has gone down too well...
What A list Americans may make of it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...with-a-listers

Will Harry and Meghan learn the A-list art of saying nothing at all?
Barbara Ellen

........Anyone who’s ever fleetingly ventured into such elite orbits will tell you that they’re a discreet breed, living in micro-managed worlds, operating a strict privacy-first code. Getting close to them is like pushing through plasma. If they give out personal information, it’s in a tightly disciplined way. These people are unlikely to feel true kinship with people who give explosive gut-spilling interviews, never mind leak private family conversations to showbiz journalists.
In such rarefied circles, the Sussexes simply don’t fit in. Whatever supportive platitudes are spouted, in private, eyebrows may be being raised at the oversharing.

I wish the couple only well, because – chrissakes! – why not? However, they may have catastrophically miscalculated reverting to Meghan’s Suits-level fame strategy (Push. Publicise. Repeat.). When (oh, the irony!) the royal family’s oft-maligned, tightly buttoned “never explain, never complain” reserve would have far better endeared them to the elite circles they wish to join. They say you should dress for the job you want, and perhaps, exposure-wise, the Sussexes should have maintained self-control for the social position they want. It’s a bit late now.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:56 PM #40

Quote:
I think people just pretend they believe every word that comes out of their mouths, otherwise, well, I'll say no more....
That's not true.....people offer another side of the coin Jet, that's all. Some people are able to see more than one side is all and offer it out there. Doesn't make them pro or con, just offers more to the debate which can only be a good thing?
Old 26-03-2021, 01:57 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i don't blame anyone for trying to make the most of the hand that they were dealt. We all do it. However, where people differ is in their ethical compass. How far an individual will push to maximise their personal gain. From where I am standing, Harry and Meghan have pushed it too far, that's my personal judgement. What I dislike is being lectured to on how I should or should not behave by someone I think has a pretty shoddy ethical compass in the first place.
Well said...and the part in bold is the crux of the dislike for most of us, I'd venture to say.
Old 26-03-2021, 02:10 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
That's not true.....people offer another side of the coin Jet, that's all. Some people are able to see more than one side is all and offer it out there. Doesn't make them pro or con, just offers more to the debate which can only be a good thing?
But many don't offer another side, they say things like "she/they have done nothing to excuse!" "they have never done anything wrong!". Silly excuses aren't debate.
I can say something positive if a certain topic comes up, and have - like saying Meghan did a great thing in getting Harry to stop shooting wild animals when none of his other girlfriends did, or admit she was given a hard time with the Kate comparisons for a while, but no matter what she has obviously done wrong, some never admit to it.
Old 26-03-2021, 02:11 PM #43
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I don’t think that it’s surprising at all that Prince Albert personally finds ‘public display of dissatisfaction’ something that he disapproves of considering his own Royal family ‘traditions’ of ‘putting up with and shutting up with’...

Last edited by Ammi; 26-03-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 26-03-2021, 02:18 PM #44
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’m not going to speak for anyone else, I only ever speak for myself...why would I judge someone else’s life and family decisions as being wrong in any way, it’s not for me to decide that...it’s for them to decide and then live with those decisions, for them to have control of their own lives...that’s what we all do....
Old 26-03-2021, 02:21 PM #45

Quote:
What A list Americans may make of it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...with-a-listers

Will Harry and Meghan learn the A-list art of saying nothing at all?
Barbara Ellen

........Anyone who’s ever fleetingly ventured into such elite orbits will tell you that they’re a discreet breed, living in micro-managed worlds, operating a strict privacy-first code. Getting close to them is like pushing through plasma. If they give out personal information, it’s in a tightly disciplined way. These people are unlikely to feel true kinship with people who give explosive gut-spilling interviews, never mind leak private family conversations to showbiz journalists.
In such rarefied circles, the Sussexes simply don’t fit in. Whatever supportive platitudes are spouted, in private, eyebrows may be being raised at the oversharing.

I wish the couple only well, because – chrissakes! – why not? However, they may have catastrophically miscalculated reverting to Meghan’s Suits-level fame strategy (Push. Publicise. Repeat.). When (oh, the irony!) the royal family’s oft-maligned, tightly buttoned “never explain, never complain” reserve would have far better endeared them to the elite circles they wish to join. They say you should dress for the job you want, and perhaps, exposure-wise, the Sussexes should have maintained self-control for the social position they want. It’s a bit late now.

Well they have been far from discreet and if they are prepared to discredit their own loved ones in public....then they certainly wouldnt hesitate to do it to anyone else....and as their facts are proving to be lies they have only discredited themselves. Not the sort of people you want to be around if you value your reputation.
Then again...you get sued at the drop of a hat over there for defamation of character...
Old 26-03-2021, 02:54 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...I don’t think that it’s surprising at all that Prince Albert personally finds ‘public display of dissatisfaction’ something that he disapproves of considering his own Royal family ‘traditions’ of ‘putting up with and shutting up with’...
That sounds a bit judgemental....
Old 26-03-2021, 03:06 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The guy who will do Meghan's biog Tom Bower, wrote about her recently:

“Convinced of her own greatness, Meghan thinks she has, for years, been the victim of plots to destroy her destiny. While
others shone in leading roles, Meghan had bit parts,” he declared, adding that after she was written out of the television
series Suits, she “brilliantly... invented a new script” and “ruthlessly” carried out a carefully planned scheme to ensnare Prince
Harry. In his view, Meghan never intended to “sacrifice her Californian lifestyle and serve as a member of the Royal Family in
rainy Britain” for long.

“Refusing to show son Archie’s face to the camera after his birth and demanding privacy, while constantly speaking to US
journalists, confirmed her hypocrisy,” he went on, before comparing her unfavourably with Wallis Simpson (“[unlike] the Duke
and Duchess of Windsor... Meghan and Harry clearly do not care about the uproar they are causing”).

His final complaint is that “in her selfish manner, she believes that she is entitled to say what she wants to Oprah Winfrey
[and] those who criticise her inventions are racist and sexist.” Nobody is going to mistake his biography for a love letter, I
imagine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/no...meghan-markle/
A very thorough investigative author is seeing the same as we have all along.
Old 26-03-2021, 03:10 PM #48
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...that’s cool.....I’m fine with doing a bit of judging of the very misogynist Monaco male Royal family members...

Last edited by Ammi; 26-03-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old 26-03-2021, 03:21 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...that’s cool.....I’m fine with doing a bit of judging of the very misogynist Monaco male Royal family members...
But not of people who discredit their family in front of millions and lie while doing it. Each to their own I suppose.
Old 26-03-2021, 03:33 PM #50
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
But not of people who discredit their family in front of millions and lie while doing it. Each to their own I suppose.
..that’s completely your own view and your own descriptive, not mine...each to their own, I suppose, though...
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, harry, meghan, official, prince, thread