Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2021, 07:18 AM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...as well as all of the tabloid media article writers etc...the ‘Royal reporters’ who earn their income from writing about the Royal family...does the royal establishment proportion their income into charity donations...Meghan and Harry chose to receive no fee and that’s really the only fee of income in their control to decide...
They also made a sizeable donation to Mind after they spoke out condemning Piers Morgan's comments
Old 27-03-2021, 07:22 AM #102
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
They also made a sizeable donation to Mind after they spoke out condemning Piers Morgan's comments
...let’s also not forget the lovely lemon cake that Meghan baked in honour of #womenshistorymonth......

Meghan Markle is turning lemons into lemon olive oil cake, all in the name of charity.

To celebrate Women's History Month, the Duchess of Sussex baked a cake made with lemons from the garden of her Montecito home as part of an Archewell Foundation dinner thrown for a group of Chicago women in partnership with World Central Kitchen. In a letter addressed to the recipients of the meal, she wrote, “We hope you enjoy the offering we baked for you—a small token of thanks, from our home to yours. Our hope with this effort is to show that, when we all participate, even the smallest actions can have a ripple effect. Even individual actions can impact the whole of us.”

The royal-sponsored meal is part of the work World Central Kitchen has been doing throughout the pandemic, serving almost 500,000 meals to the residents of Chicago by working with the YWCA Metropolitan and the local restaurant Fat Shallot. Aside from her general passion for giving back, Meghan also has a personal connection to the city as she graduated from nearby Northwestern University where she double-majored in theater and international relations.
Old 27-03-2021, 07:36 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Again without Harry and Meghan cbs and Oprah would not of had no earnings

If charity was that big a deal to them they would of made sure their charity got some of those millions.

I’ll ask you again!
Who should of got the money, charities like for instance
Mental health charity
Black lives mater charity
Miscarriage charity
Or a billionaire?
Do your research, you just make yourself look foolish grasping at tenuous straws.
Old 27-03-2021, 07:37 AM #104

Quote:
Oprah donates millions on a yearly basis, last year alone she donated $10 million dollars at the start of the pandemic....she is very philanthropic and so I don't think she will have just sat back counting the cash. She has her own charitable foundation that does a hell of a lot of work throughout the year and she would have been a lot richer than she is had she not donated hundreds of millions. By 2010 it is estimated she had donated $400 million to charitable causes and that was before she set up her own foundation.

Its like saying Samantha Markle would not have earned the money from her book were it not for Harry and Meghan so she should donate half her earnings. Thomas Markle has approached Oprah to tell his side, should he be unpaid and demand a massive donation to a charity as no one would be interested in him if it weren't for Meghan and Harry.
Spot on.
Old 27-03-2021, 07:39 AM #105

Quote:
Yep, as well as Press Pad which promotes diversity in the media.
Old 27-03-2021, 07:47 AM #106
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yep, as well as Press Pad which promotes diversity in the media.
Should the money of went to charity or a billionaire?
Old 27-03-2021, 07:48 AM #107
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...anyways, whatever our own personal feelings about extremely wealthy people...they’re an essential for charity donations, which are very much relied on to be able to continue ...Oprah and her companies are only able to help because of high earnings etc...and I would imagine that her donations greatly help to keep charities going to continue their work...she earns millions, she donates millions...she donates millions because she earns millions...it’s a necessary circle...

Last edited by Ammi; 27-03-2021 at 08:05 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 07:51 AM #108
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
Haven't most people took advantage of stuff to get something? If it ends up putting food on the table and taking care of the family now and in the future then no big deal. It's not really harming anyone. He's earning his own money and not peoples taxes so win win.
Indeed this is correct.

The point is, there are millions Worldwide, who will want to hear what this couple are involved with, plus that they're doing okay.

I was chatting to an elderly couple on Friday who I thought would be really mad at them for the Oprah interview and leaving the UK.

However, this couple developed a distanced bond they called it with Princes William and Harry at the time of their Mother's death.
This elderly couple's fury then was at the Queen and Prince Charles.

As they pointed out too.
Prince William is fully programmed to be King, so had a whole different set of duties in the Royal business.
Prince Harry hadn't those constraints so will see things differently.
So both Brothers can and should if they wish live their lives differently.

So even more after my chat with that couple, felt, whether it was so or not, (although I do believe Prince Harry and Meghan Markle), once he felt his wife was unhappy and even possibly in some danger, he was right to plan a whole new life for them both.

Of course there'll be people who will think them bad and wrong for stepping out that goldfish bowl.
To be in a bowl of life where they can allow in what and who they wish to or accept.

Equally there's those who like them and those who don't.
I've actually given up even trying to do reasoned debate on them.
Because the positions are entrenched.

I've always just wished them well
I have put in more than I thought I would as to them, even on here, because I hate character assassination with no substantiated facts.
Whatever he does, that's legal and of no harm to others, as to work or other earning routes.
What harm is he doing as you point out, none.

I will perhaps read or watch some things on them, other times I'm not bothered, they will never be impacting on my personal life.

If I, speaking only for myself here, however If I couldn't bear them.
Had no respect at all for them.
Then I'd never myself, just as to myself, no way would I be wasting my time reading up all on them, especially in proven disrespectful tabloids.

I just again, wish them well.
Good luck, if at times I read, they appear to have made a success of their big decision to step out of the Royal bubble.
That they're happy.
Then that's all I need to hear, no one should be forced to live their lives for others in order to satisfy a ridiculous word like duty, as to the Royals.

I was a firm Royalist, however Royalty is riddled with problems in its set up.
I'd still keep the Monarchy, however it needs big reform.
Plus the reactions to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, which I fear the Queen doesn't look like dealing with properly.
She'll listen to her advisors not her family more likely in my view.
Well, that's taken me to not view the Monarchy now in the same light I saw it before all this.

You can have riches, space galore, all material things possible.
IF you feel you're in a straitjacket however for near all the time, needing to watch what you do, say, where, when and to whom.
Never able to just feel free and enjoy life and those things.
Then that sounds more like a living nightmare to me.
Not really living at all as a person,and certainly not a worthy or acceptable form of duty either, in my view.

Last edited by joeysteele; 27-03-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 08:16 AM #109

Quote:
Should the money of went to charity or a billionaire?
“Of went”?

What CBS spend their advertising dollars on is no concern of mine. As already mentioned Oprah does a hell of a lot for charity so, again, her payday is also of no concern.

More relevant to the thread, it’s nothing to do with Harry or Meghan. Keep beating that drum if you wish to though, if this is the one thing you’re clinging to in the quest for today’s Harry and Meghan “fault” then they mustn’t be all that bad as it goes.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Marsh.; 27-03-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:37 AM #110

Meghan baking a lemon cake for Charity... perhaps she's a good person after all
Old 27-03-2021, 10:50 AM #111
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
id imagine she had a ball sucking all the lemons first

Old 27-03-2021, 10:54 AM #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
id imagine she had a ball sucking all the lemons first

She'll have to get in line, the Daily Mail readers hog the lemons.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:55 AM #113
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Lemon cake for charity but Oprah can have the millions

You couldn’t make it up
Old 27-03-2021, 11:10 AM #114

Thinking a pair of celebrities have the clout to dictate to a multi billion dollar network how they spend their money.....you couldn't make it up.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:13 AM #115
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...that Meghan baked the cake herself especially for those working in the World Central Kitchen in Chicago ...in appreciation to their devotion of time to others and in honour of Women's History Month is a really lovely gesture that she didn’t have to do...she didn’t have to spend that time and even the DM in their constant negativity also tributed her as well in a very positive way and a nice headline and article...and this story came up on my newsfeed, it’s been there for a few days ...so I posted it today ...but obviously it doesn’t fit with the vibe of criticising her every breath and every action...but c’est la vie...let’s rather mock the gesture....
Old 27-03-2021, 11:18 AM #116
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Thinking a pair of celebrities have the clout to dictate to a multi billion dollar network how they spend their money.....you couldn't make it up.
it was their interview that generated the money not the other way round.

No interview no money .

Who should of got the money anniek

Charities or a billionaire?
Old 27-03-2021, 11:24 AM #117
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Annie as well as others have responded to the question with our own thoughts and in our own way...it might not be the response or answer that you want, Sheriff ...but to keep pushing the way you are is quite targeting and bullying...you respond in the way that you give thought to things and in your own individual way and others do the same...that’s the way that threads roll, or should do, to be respectful...

Last edited by Ammi; 27-03-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:27 AM #118

Quote:
it was their interview that generated the money not the other way round.

No interview no money .

Who should of got the money anniek

Charities or a billionaire?
If no network showed the interview, no money. It works both ways. The network needed harry and meghan for the interview, harry meghan and oprah needed the network to broadcast it. Should every time a celeb is interviewed should the network make no money? They will soon be broke

I have said how much Oprah donates to charity, she has probably donated more in the last year than she made from the interview. Would you work for nothing?

Charitable donations have been made. There is so much to have a go at H &M for apparently but you seem fixated on the profits from the interview which they didn't see and had no control over. I just don't get it
Old 27-03-2021, 11:28 AM #119
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

When it suits this pair are super intelligent and can carve out great financial deals and job opportunitys

But when it suits this pair are just a pair of powerless celebrity’s lost in the world of big companies

Lmfa
Old 27-03-2021, 11:31 AM #120

Celeb couple give interview for free and donate to charity out of their own with philanthropic interviewers who has donated more to charity than any other celeb AND still get derided for it lmfao. This has reached an all time low now
Old 27-03-2021, 11:35 AM #121

Quote:
When it suits this pair are super intelligent and can carve out great financial deals and job opportunitys

But when it suits this pair are just a pair of powerless celebrity’s lost in the world of big companies

Lmfa

They are all in it for their own gain...financial or publicity. Makes me laugh that Harry and Meghan accepted no payment for their interview that had them whining about being cut off financially...
If they are in a financial position to donate vast amounts to Charity...dont go putting your own father down to the world for Cutting you off financially.

Last edited by rusticgal; 27-03-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:38 AM #122
-

-

Quote:
Celeb couple give interview for free and donate to charity out of their own with philanthropic interviewers who has donated more to charity than any other celeb AND still get derided for it lmfao. This has reached an all time low now
I don't know what you mean Annie - Harry and Meghan haven't given any of Oprah's money to charity so they are selfish self-serving scum. There's no argument, they'd have made that bank transfer straight away otherwise.

And it gets WORSE the more you look into it - I've been searching google all morning, and apparently Harry and Meghan haven't given any of Elon Musk OR Jeff Bezos' money to charity either! These men have HUNDREDS of billions that Harry and Meghan could be using to solve world hunger on their own! And yet, Harry and Meghan sit there in hollywood, not giving one PENNY of that Tesla or Amazon money out to charity. Unbelievable hypocrites.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-03-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:58 AM #123

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They are all in it for their own gain...financial or publicity. Makes me laugh that Harry and Meghan accepted no payment for their interview that had them whining about being cut off financially...
If they are in a financial position to donate vast amounts to Charity...dont go putting your own father down to the world for Cutting you off financially.
Yes, all their talk of 'serving' when they left the Royals seems to be very much secondary to making mega amounts of money.
Being a hard working Royal wasn't what Meghan had in mind when she hooked Harry, was it?
Old 27-03-2021, 12:07 PM #124

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Donating vast amounts of money is easy though when you have billions like Oprah. I mean, what else are you going to do with it all? It's way more than enough to see you and many generations through lifetimes of luxury.
I admire actual groundwork for charity much much more from those who can't afford to give money.

Last edited by jet; 27-03-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 27-03-2021, 12:11 PM #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Donating vast amounts of money is easy though when you have billions like Oprah. I mean, what else are you going to do with it all? It's way more than enough to see you and many generations through lifetimes of luxury.
I admire actual groundwork for charity much much more from those who can't afford to give money.
You want to quote sherrif, not me Jet. I'm not the one making an issue about charity donations.

Anyway, I really am done now. People will be damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's ridiculous now in all honesty.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, harry, meghan, official, prince, thread