Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-03-2021, 08:47 PM #76
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
He's saved thousands of lives by getting us out of the EU and their vaccine cock ups....and he denies he used those funds wrongly. Such hate for a life saving hero!
He's not a hero, he's a prime minister and a poor one at that. He led the charge on the Brexit ****, and then dipped as soon as things went his way, he voted down damn near the same deal Theresa May got multiple times, only to accept a similar deal once the pantomine of getting him into no.10 came to fruition.

As for the pandemic, he ignored it until he couldn't do so anymore and did the bare minimum for the most part.

Nothing he has done is worthy of praise, because he's done the bare ****ing minimum yet the stupid gullible ****ing lemming minded public hail him as some sort of a hero.

He is corrupt as ****, he used taxpayer money to pay off his mistress and the ****ing simpleminded public are determined to blame anyone but him, ****ing lapdogs!

This story enrages me, it should enrage anyone who reads it, but no, tory voters and the right wing are too ****ing egotistical to admit they might be wrong about their golden boy so it's the woman's fault or it's lies or it's anything other than them admitting their golden boy is full of ****.

This is a nation of spineless cowards that let corrupt politicians walk all over them, just as long as they are on their 'side. Every time I think I can't hate the British public more, they do something to prove me wrong.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 08:50 PM #77
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I know Boris has his faults .. but I’m pretty sure that he isn’t the first political figure to fall under the spell of a persuasive, younger woman ... even the happily married Prime Minister John Major was seduced .

I just think that despite Boris’s failings that he’s a kind , caring soul .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Honestly, I read this **** and I want to vomit.

Of course people will blame the woman... After all, Boris is not responsible for his own decisions! It's all the evil scarlet woman's fault! Evil Seductress! Let's forget about him using taxpayer money to pay her off and go back to deluding ourselves he's some lovely person that we should hero worship because god forbid we acknowledge reality for one ****ing second!
Old 30-03-2021, 09:17 PM #78

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
He's not a hero, he's a prime minister and a poor one at that. He led the charge on the Brexit ****, and then dipped as soon as things went his way, he voted down damn near the same deal Theresa May got multiple times, only to accept a similar deal once the pantomine of getting him into no.10 came to fruition.

As for the pandemic, he ignored it until he couldn't do so anymore and did the bare minimum for the most part.

Nothing he has done is worthy of praise, because he's done the bare ****ing minimum yet the stupid gullible ****ing lemming minded public hail him as some sort of a hero.

He is corrupt as ****, he used taxpayer money to pay off his mistress and the ****ing simpleminded public are determined to blame anyone but him, ****ing lapdogs!

This story enrages me, it should enrage anyone who reads it, but no, tory voters and the right wing are too ****ing egotistical to admit they might be wrong about their golden boy so it's the woman's fault or it's lies or it's anything other than them admitting their golden boy is full of ****.

This is a nation of spineless cowards that let corrupt politicians walk all over them, just as long as they are on their 'side. Every time I think I can't hate the British public more, they do something to prove me wrong.
I like Boris.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 09:30 PM #79
You know my methods

You know my methods

Smile

Quote:
I like Boris.
The average GBP do too

No one else in England to to vote for

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 30-03-2021 at 09:38 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 09:45 PM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
No it's not really being fair
I know many politicians who really work hard and are in politics for the right reasons.

From all the Parties.

The electoral system and the Party machine system, is what causes a great many problems.

Even to their Parties, all of the Parties but certainly the main 2, many individuals elected to parliament are just numbers.
For parliamentary votes.

No though, I know of MPs who are incredibly dedicated and care, and who work really hard too.
Both in Parliament and in their constituencies.

So no way can I agree.

I can’t even recall the last politician who even answered a question ... they all just start waffling on about something else completely avoiding the actual questions..

That in itself seems dishonest or disingenuous ...

Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 09:46 PM #81

Quote:
Honestly, I read this **** and I want to vomit.

Of course people will blame the woman... After all, Boris is not responsible for his own decisions! It's all the evil scarlet woman's fault! Evil Seductress! Let's forget about him using taxpayer money to pay her off and go back to deluding ourselves he's some lovely person that we should hero worship because god forbid we acknowledge reality for one ****ing second!

As I said he isn’t the first and won’t be the last ...

Old 30-03-2021, 10:22 PM #82
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I can’t even recall the last politician who even answered a question ... they all just start waffling on about something else completely avoiding the actual questions..

That in itself seems dishonest or disingenuous ...

Wel it's not dishonest to not answer a serious question, it's only dishonest to answer one with wrong information.

Again, a lot of that is the Party politics, an interviewer asks many things hypothetically to try to trap politicians, with questions they know they can't really answer due to having to toe the Party line.
It's irritating and even annoying but not dishonest as by not answering and sidestepping, they haven't said anything really as to the question.

However if you yourself consider it dishonest or at least misleading to not answer a question.
Well you've just then surprisingly expressed admiration for the politician who really does nothing else but deliberately avoid answering anything.
Namely Johnson the PM.

Last edited by joeysteele; 30-03-2021 at 10:28 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 11:26 PM #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Wel it's not dishonest to not answer a serious question, it's only dishonest to answer one with wrong information.

Again, a lot of that is the Party politics, an interviewer asks many things hypothetically to try to trap politicians, with questions they know they can't really answer due to having to toe the Party line.
It's irritating and even annoying but not dishonest as by not answering and sidestepping, they haven't said anything really as to the question.

However if you yourself consider it dishonest or at least misleading to not answer a question.
Well you've just then surprisingly expressed admiration for the politician who really does nothing else but deliberately avoid answering anything.
Namely Johnson the PM.

I’ve admitted numerous times that he , like all the others , has his flaws ..

I just think that underneath everything he’s a caring , kind individual.

That’s simply my opinion and I’m generally a very good of character

Old 31-03-2021, 01:53 AM #84
Banned

Banned

Quote:
As I said he isn’t the first and won’t be the last ...

And that makes it okay? That makes it acceptable to excuse him from blame and act like the woman in the situation is completely at fault while we act like Boris was hoodwinked by an evil seductress?

We truly are a country of doormats.

Quote:
I like Boris.
No one's perfect.
Old 31-03-2021, 07:44 AM #85

Default Jennifer Arcuri - Sunday Mirror : Prime Minister Affair.

Haters will hate ...

Last edited by Zizu; 31-03-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 31-03-2021, 08:00 AM #86
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I’ve admitted numerous times that he , like all the others , has his flaws ..

I just think that underneath everything he’s a caring , kind individual.

That’s simply my opinion and I’m generally a very good of character

Except, he is Prime Minister, holding the highest elected and trusted office of the Nation.

Which I'm sorry to say, I feel he has brought into disrepute that office..
He has been found to have acted UNLAWFULLY by the 2 highest courts of the UK.
English and Scottish ones.

He has a Health Minister who has been found to have acted unlawfully on contracting with public funds.

Yet he dismisses both rulings as they don't suit him.

That's neither being Prime Ministerial or showing any integrity of any kind.

Fine if you approve of that.
For me, it's amazing anyone now falls for his deceit or feel he can be trusted politically.

Personally as to his personal life, I don't know Johnson personally so don't care much at all as to his personal dealings.
However as a politician in government and indeed as Prime Minister, he impacts on my life and the Country, so much higher standards should be expected and HE should be delivering those standards in elected office.

Not just to the minority 43% who voted for him in 2019 but he affects the lives of that other 56% who never did and likely never would vote for him.
There's a 1% missing there, I always leave that out as it covers likely the Undemocratic Unionist party.
Who are equally as divisive as Johnson really in my view.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 09:59 AM #87

This "woman evil witch in control" and "man easily duped bless him" is such a toxic misogynistic, not to mention completely false narrative.

This is the man who uses his status to fondle women under tables and relies on their embarrassment for them to not make a scene.

But HE'S the victim. Sure.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 10:18 AM #88
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Caring soul pursues affair whilst wife receives cancer treatment.
Old 31-03-2021, 11:44 AM #89

Quote:

Haters will hate ...
Childish slogan that has no place in the thread.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 12:54 PM #90
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Haters will hate ...
We're not discussing Taylor ****ing Swift, we're discussing the leader of the UK government and his blatant corruption in using public funds to pay off his affair.

Ask yourself why you continue to defend a man who, at every opportunity, ****s on the people who vote for him. Ask yourself if you'd be so forgiving if this was a labour politician in this situation. Ask yourself why you're being so loyal to a party when it should be the opposite. The government works for the public, we are not meant to hero worship them, we're meant to hold them accountable for their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
This "woman evil witch in control" and "man easily duped bless him" is such a toxic misogynistic, not to mention completely false narrative.

This is the man who uses his status to fondle women under tables and relies on their embarrassment for them to not make a scene.

But HE'S the victim. Sure.
We're a nation of spineless doormats that welcome corruption and abuse of the system as long as it's someone we like doing it. This country is utterly ****ed. The public are disgusting for not making this a bigger issue, ****ing cowards.

Last edited by Tom4784; 31-03-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 31-03-2021, 01:53 PM #91

Quote:
We're not discussing Taylor ****ing Swift, we're discussing the leader of the UK government and his blatant corruption in using public funds to pay off his affair.

Ask yourself why you continue to defend a man who, at every opportunity, ****s on the people who vote for him. Ask yourself if you'd be so forgiving if this was a labour politician in this situation. Ask yourself why you're being so loyal to a party when it should be the opposite. The government works for the public, we are not meant to hero worship them, we're meant to hold them accountable for their actions.

We're a nation of spineless doormats that welcome corruption and abuse of the system as long as it's someone we like doing it. This country is utterly ****ed. The public are disgusting for not making this a bigger issue, ****ing cowards.

I don’t support him , I have no political affiliation .

I simply said I I think he has a kind heart or a good soul . Oddly enough I don’t get that vibe from any other politician - maybe that’s why he’s liked by people in general and explains his lasting popularity.

Old 31-03-2021, 01:55 PM #92
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

I simply said I I think he has a kind heart or a good soul . Oddly enough I don’t get that vibe from any other politician - maybe that’s why he’s liked by people in general and explains his lasting popularity.

i think you may be right
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 02:02 PM #93
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Based on what? Him using tax money to pay for an affair? Him having said affair while his wife underwent cancer treatment? Protecting Priti Patel for bullying people to the point they were suicidal? That's just the stuff off the top of my head.

Why do people think he has a kind heart or a good soul, again?
Old 31-03-2021, 05:03 PM #94

Quote:

Why do people think he has a kind heart or a good soul, again?

Sometimes you can just tell if someone is ‘good’ ... some are better at it than others of course.

Old 31-03-2021, 08:47 PM #95
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Sometimes you can just tell if someone is ‘good’ ... some are better at it than others of course.

Yes, that's one thing you're right about....

Again, what's so 'good' about defending a bully? About having an affair using taxpayer money while your wife is undergoing chemo? Maybe my sense of morality is a little off, but I don't think a 'good' person would do either of these things.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:54 AM #96
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...did his ex wife actually have cancer at the time of the affair or did her illness come after...?...I don’t know very much about this...but I don’t think...(sorry Zizu...)...that Boris is a kind heart or a good soul...there are so many reasons for that, which are far too lengthy but that Marcus Rashford had to ‘shame him to do one of his very many ‘U Turns’ to prioritise feeding the children of his country...even without that heartless and soulless thing, I personally would struggle to find very many people in any school staff room I know who would describe him as having a kind heart and soul...not even near...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:43 AM #97

The Hussy is back.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
affair, arcuri, jennifer, minister, mirror, prime, sunday