Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 01:25 PM #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
....like those that 'hate' people with an opinion
Pretending to know the inner thoughts and private relationships of people you don't know is not an opinion. That's basic common sense.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:14 PM #302
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Nah. Just more faux outrage to hit members with in a thread about Harry and Meghan. This isn't Philips dedicated thread.
Talking about what Harry and Meghan put their grandparents through in their last years of LIFE is not bashing them, its understandable anger and criticism and the truth. Truth hurts, I know.
Don't you faux worry, nobody is going to contact the family personally and give off about H&M, we'll be respectful and say how we feel here on a thread about them....

I’m not outraged “faux” or otherwise, there’s nothing outrageous about the things being said, in fact they’re endlessly banal and predictable.

I do find it somewhat amusing that you’re accusing me of being outraged, and then going on to rant about “What Harry done put them through in their last years of life!!!”. I mean what? What did he put Philip through in his last years of life... other than the perfectly normal act of going off to live his own life? They’ve had nothing but praise and affection for the queen and Phil. Or perhaps you think he was wringing his hands over the accusations of racism? Given the number of times he was accused of making racist jokes over the years and just shrugged it off, I somehow doubt he cared at all? No I think Philip would probably be having a pretty good chuckle if he could see all of the internet outrage on his behalf, because I doubt he had any issue with Harry at all.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:22 PM #303
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Since the diabolical interview there has been nothing but speculation about their return to this country for the unveiling of Diana's statue and Philips 100th birthday celebrations this year. Obviously their accusations on NT have caused a massive rift making re-uniting very difficult and awkward especially when they have to do it all in the public eye.
The aftermath is still on-going. Im sure that after absorbing the sad news of Philips death, many people would be thinking the same thing...and especially as they haven't seemed to have sorted these issues out over the last month, the gathering for the funeral has obviously bought this re-conciliation forward.
When my mum passed away last year..the very next day we were making Funeral plans...We had a 'Meghan' in my family and it weighed heavily on my mind that we were going to have to see her for the first time in 6 years.
Its not being disrespectful.....life goes on.
There's a difference between planning a funeral privately and using stuff for clickbait 5 seconds after the annoucement. There's a time and place. When my dad passed away last year last thing on my mind was invites and I would not for sure make polls and use it as clickbait straight away or at all. It's obvious Meghan wouldn't go because she's pregnant so stuff like that shouldn't really be asked straight away. Funeral attendance are none of our business either

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 11-04-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:29 PM #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
There's a difference between planning a funeral privately and using stuff for clickbait 5 seconds after the annoucement. There's a time and place. When my dad passed away last year last thing on my mind was invites and I would not for sure make polls and use it as clickbait straight away or at all. It's obvious Meghan wouldn't go because she's pregnant so stuff like that shouldn't really be asked straight away. Funeral attendance are none of our business either

I think it was a lot more than 5 seconds...this is where people need a reality check. Its human nature to be inquisitive...especially after recent events. Its even worse having polls on here over who will die next...
Old 11-04-2021, 02:38 PM #305
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
You just know people are going to bash her when she gives birth as well.

All this energy towards one person who hasn’t really done anything wrong when there’s bad people out there who have done worst and they use a bully as gospel. People have stoop so low to disrespect mental health as well who knows how lower they can get now.
They'll just look to bash her regardless. If she attended the funeral, she'd be making it about herself, if she didn't, then it's a snub and an affront to the royal family. It was pointed out by someone earlier in the topic but rags like Daily Mail would have had articles bashing her regardless.

People have decided to make this one woman the villain in their own fan fiction and the media and the public are confusing what they want to be true, for what is actually true and it's desperately sad. We are a nation of people who confuse people's lives for an episode of Eastenders, and it's ****ing grim. Plus, let's not forget that a lot of the hate is fuelled by bigotry, bigotry towards her gender, her nationality, and her race.

Last edited by Tom4784; 11-04-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:43 PM #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Realistically, they can’t. But you’ve had personal experiences that have lead you to believe in “this sort of person who can single handedly deliberately ruin everything” and so it’s understandable that you’d transfer those feelings onto someone you’ve decided fits the same mould.

I wonder how many other Meghan-dislikers believe they’ve “had a Meghan” in their life or family.

She was the cause...my brother was weak and enabled her. She twisted the truth and caused a great deal of pain and unhappiness. This is why I relate to this subject..
Its so sad to see William and Harry...who were so close, no longer have that relationship. I hope they can move on from this but once that loyalty is broken its so hard to forgive and forget.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:11 PM #307
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up Nigel Farage slams Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for showing 'contempt' for Prince

Nigel Farage slams Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for showing 'contempt' for
Prince Philip with 'one-sentence statement' on his death and says British public
'will not welcome them back' even for the funeral
  • Nigel Farage has launched a scathing attack on Prince Harry and Meghan
  • Comes after announcement Prince Philip had died at Windsor Castle on Friday
  • He said public 'will not welcome back' the couple, even for the Duke's funeral
  • Former politician added their Oprah Winfrey interview weeks before had been 'deeply disrespectful'

Mr Farage slammed the couple's response to the Duke's death, saying: 'For a
couple that do public emotion as a career, this third person and one
sentence statement shows their contempt for this great man and the
monarchy,' Farage tweeted Friday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Philip.html

compassion in action...
Old 11-04-2021, 03:27 PM #308
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Farage launching ‘scathing’ attacks towards Prince Harry when he just lost his grandad is not a very good look. What a disgusting thing to do. Talks about the Oprah interview being deeply disrespectful, well where is his respect then?

Old 11-04-2021, 05:00 PM #309

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Andrew Morton, Diana's and Meghan's biographer:

Speaking on Royally Obsessed podcast, biographer Mr Morton said: '[The Queen] gave them the opportunity to go wherever they please.
'They were given a degree of latitude.
'They were told "here are your first class tickets, pick which country you want to go to, we're going to make you youth ambassadors for the Commonwealth".

'In fairness to the royal family, in fairness to the Queen, she did give them that opportunity to go wherever they pleased.
'And also, they did say to Meghan if you don't want to embrace royal duties full time please be our guest and continue your acting career.
'Those opportunities were open to her.'
Poor Meghan, having to dance to the royal families tune, forced to stay in the Palace and refused help and not even allowed her passport and keys, making out to the American audiences that she was practically a prisoner.

The Queen and the Duke and all the rest probably thought 'ahh, she isn't doing anything wrong, she's adorable and a right laugh hahaha.'

Last edited by jet; 11-04-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:22 PM #310

Quote:

Speaking on Royally Obsessed podcast, biographer Mr Morton said: '[The Queen] gave them the opportunity to go wherever they please.
'They were told "here are your first class tickets, pick which country you want to go to, we're going to make you youth ambassadors for the Commonwealth".

'In fairness to the royal family, in fairness to the Queen, she did give them that opportunity to go wherever they pleased.
'And also, they did say to Meghan if you don't want to embrace royal duties full time please be our guest and continue your acting career.
Poor Meghan, having to dance to the royal families tune, forced to stay in the Palace and refused help and not even allowed her passport and keys, making out to the American audiences that she was practically a prisoner.

The Queen and the Duke and all the rest probably thought 'ahh, she isn't doing anything wrong, she's adorable and a right laugh hahaha.'

Interesting....if it’s true I think it’s a shame they didn’t take that opportunity. It would have been perfect for them IMO...
Old 11-04-2021, 05:31 PM #311
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

it beggars belief

shocking
Old 11-04-2021, 05:50 PM #312
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:

Would you have been OK if she'd stayed in suits (for example) where she played a character that would get semi-undressed, was involved in a cheating plotline, and was obviously required to act as though she was in-love with Mike Ross? Because I think anyone honest knows the answer to that question.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:50 PM #313

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Buckingham Palace provided Meghan Markle with the Queen’s most senior staff to serve as her “mentors” before getting hitched to Prince Harry, according to a report, contradicting her claim that she didn’t receive help transitioning into the royal family.
It is very disingenuous to make such a sweeping generalization,” a source told the Daily Mail. “There was a brilliant team of very experienced and loyal aides to help them. Sadly, she and Harry were willing to listen to no one. And that is the honest truth.”
In fact, Queen Elizabeth II enlisted her most trusted adviser, Samantha Cohen, to help Meghan prepare for her wedding and for royal life, sources told the British tabloid.

Cohen was also responsible for giving the former actress regular tutoring sessions on everything from royal etiquette to diplomatic protocol at Kensington Palace.

Queen Elizabeth II’s most trusted adviser reportedly helped Meghan Markle prepare for royal life with Prince Harry.
“The Queen gave her Sam, her most trusted, her safest set of hands,” the source told the Mail.
“Yet Meghan told Oprah Winfrey that while the Queen had personally been ‘wonderful,’ she hadn’t received any guidance on how to behave as a royal — leaving her forced to Google the national anthem,” the insider added.
In the explosive interview that first aired on CBS Sunday night, Markle claimed she received no support leading up to her wedding and her efforts to blend in with the royal family.

“Unlike what you see in the movies, there’s no class on how to speak, how to cross your legs, how to be royal,” Markle told Winfrey. “There was none of that training that might exist for other members of the family. That was not something that was offered to me.”
Markle also revealed that Prince Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, taught her how to curtsy before meeting Her Majesty the Queen for the first time.
Meghan was sure enjoying the American audiences lapping all the lies up. I'm sure the Royals were delighted for her and admiring at how well she was carrying it off.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:52 PM #314
Banned

Banned

If she remained an actress the same people berating her for doing so. Irrational hatred is irrational hatred, it doesn't make sense, and it's often hypocritical and contradictory because, you know, it's irrational.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:58 PM #315
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
Farage launching ‘scathing’ attacks towards Prince Harry when he just lost his grandad is not a very good look. What a disgusting thing to do. Talks about the Oprah interview being deeply disrespectful, well where is his respect then?
Exactly dogeatdog.
The words respect/ful and Farage are in my view, never likely to be connected.
He's just another bigot, however a dangerous one politically.

I doubt I'd ever take the word of Farage as gospel or noteworthy.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-04-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:00 PM #316

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Would you have been OK if she'd stayed in suits (for example) where she played a character that would get semi-undressed, was involved in a cheating plotline, and was obviously required to act as though she was in-love with Mike Ross? Because I think anyone honest knows the answer to that question.
It's her real character that matters, not an acting character.
If she was a decent person, not a manipulative liar, and it was fine with the Queen, then why not? It's 2021, not 1950.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:02 PM #317
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
It's her real character that matters, not an acting character.
If she was a decent person, not a manipulative liar, and it was fine with the Queen, then why not? It's 2021, not 1950.
You're certainly consistent, jet, I'll give you that.

Status-Quo only had one trick and they got rich off it, so fair play.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:58 AM #318

[Go on Oprah? It's madness!
No good will come of it: In the most revealing
portrait of the Duke of Edinburgh you'll ever read,
his friend of 40 years GYLES BRANDRETH
says he sympathised
with Harry and Meghan - but thought they were wrong]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-wrong.html

Wise 99 year old
knew what he was talking about.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:21 AM #319

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...guson-23896547

Piers Morgan has named Sarah Ferguson as one of the royals who reached out to support him after he was forced to quit Good Morning Britain over his coverage of Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

It comes after Piers previously declared that "several members of the royal family" had reached out to him after he called out Prince Harry and Meghan Markle over their bombshell claims.
In his column for the Mail on Sunday this weekend, Piers admitted Prince Andrew's ex-wife Fergie was one of the royals who had supported him.
He wrote: "Not all Royal duchesses were as thrilled as Meghan 'Pinocchio' Markle to see me leave GMB.

"'People have said how much they miss your morning joy and humour,' texted Sarah, Duchess of York, 'get back out there!'"
Old 12-04-2021, 08:46 AM #320
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Sarah Ferguson is hardly a key royal, and i certainly wouldn't admit to her being a supporter of mine
Old 12-04-2021, 09:07 AM #321
You know my methods

You know my methods

"Prince Philip thought Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey was
'madness' and 'no good would come of it', it has emerged."

He also regretted his grandson's decision to quit royal duties and move to the
US and said it was 'not the right thing, either for the country or for themselves'.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:22 AM #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
"Prince Philip thought Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey was
'madness' and 'no good would come of it', it has emerged."

He also regretted his grandson's decision to quit royal duties and move to the
US and said it was 'not the right thing, either for the country or for themselves'.

The very next line of the article states though....

Ultimately, however, he accepted it and said: 'It's his life.'
Old 12-04-2021, 09:40 AM #323

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

More from the article:

Insights into Philip's thoughts on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision and the deeply acrimonious fall-out as a result of it have been aired by his impeccably connected biographer, Gyles Brandreth in today's Daily Mail.

His account comes as royal sources reacted angrily to the suggestion the Duke of Edinburgh would have been 'unbothered' by recent events. And one insider told the Mail they believed the schism created by the couple would take a 'lifetime' to heal......
.....Ultimately, Philip loved Harry, admired him for his service career and thought him 'a good man'.

I found this bit very sad:
Mr Brandreth said Philip responded to the rift by saying: 'I'll soon be out of it and not before time.'
Old 12-04-2021, 09:50 AM #324
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Gyles Brandreth who considers himself to have been a friend of Philip is publicly discussing Philip’s family relationships while his family are grieving for him and before his funeral has taken place...I personally find that repulsive and the irony is incredible...shame on him...
Old 12-04-2021, 09:51 AM #325
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
The very next line of the article states though....

Ultimately, however, he accepted it and said: 'It's his life.'
what else could he say - he wasnt his actual boss?

but he knew it was a mistake and so far he has been proved right
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cost, discussion, harry, meghan, official, security, taxpayer, thread, visit