Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2021, 09:57 PM #501

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
It was reported after the interview on all the news bulletins that both had stated that neither the Queen or Prince Philip had made the inappropriate comment.

So she never rubbished him at all.
Sadly it falls on deaf ears ,hence us all going around the mulberry bush over and over again .
Old 14-04-2021, 10:04 PM #502
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
I swear certain members troll in these threads
They only really made allegations as to the institution.
Which quite frankly does seem to fail many in the Royal set up in my view.

We,none of us, were there at the time of them and others dealing with, or trying to, with the institution.

I mean really, the Queen said in her statement, she was saddened to hear of the problems the couple had found in the Royal set up.

Like the Queen knew little to nothing of it, in my view likely because the institution as it is, will keep things away from the Monarch.

It makes no difference to the fact, their concerns were with the institutional set up, not anything with the Queen or Prince Philip themselves.

I don't know about trolling, however that's the facts..
Expressing dismay and criticising the Royal set up institution , is not in any way criticising or rubbishing the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

They in fact mostly expressed praise and admiration for the Queen.
So it's really unjust to indicate they did rubbish either of them.
Old 14-04-2021, 10:06 PM #503
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Sadly it falls on deaf ears ,hence us all going around the mulberry bush over and over again .
Yes, it hasn't improved one bit GoldHeart.
It's why I in the main keep off these threads now.
However, I do usually hate unjust character assassination.
Old 14-04-2021, 10:47 PM #504

Meghan and Harry did as an after thought make a statement to say their comments were not directed at The Queen and Prince Philip...however I think the point that has been made is that some of their claims have been made against The Institution that The Queen and Prince Philip have spent their lives dedicated to and making it is what it is today.
Old 14-04-2021, 11:03 PM #505

They dedicated 70 years to it so it's perfect and not to be criticised, whilst Meghan should just suck it up and accept the lies being perpetuated in the media with no one speaking up on her behalf. Erm... no.
Old 14-04-2021, 11:29 PM #506
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
They dedicated 70 years to it so it's perfect and not to be criticised, whilst Meghan should just suck it up and accept the lies being perpetuated in the media with no one speaking up on her behalf. Erm... no.
This is not a trick question marsh
Would you have done that interview?
Old 15-04-2021, 12:48 AM #507

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Meghan and Harry did as an after thought make a statement to say their comments were not directed at The Queen and Prince Philip...however I think the point that has been made is that some of their claims have been made against The Institution that The Queen and Prince Philip have spent their lives dedicated to and making it is what it is today.
Yes, they were sly enough not to criticize the Queen or Philip because they knew that wouldn’t go down well at all, imo, especially with the Duke so ill, so they did so indirectly.
Not long before the interview was to go out they had their remaining patronages and Harry’s army titles removed, a decision the Queen had to make.
It was reported they were furious.
Remember their dig back at the Queen “service is universal”?
Not long after that Oprah was seen arriving with her camera crew to make adjustments to the interview. Hmmm...Oh to be a fly on the wall!

Last edited by jet; 15-04-2021 at 12:49 AM.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:44 AM #508
Banned

Banned

At this point, people who try to lie about an interview that's been watched millions of times around the world and act like Meghan Markle insulted the royal family and attacked them are up there with anti-vaxxers and flat earthers because all three rely on lying to themselves and others to try to validate their own falsities.
Old 15-04-2021, 07:34 AM #509
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
At this point, people who try to lie about an interview that's been watched millions of times around the world and act like Meghan Markle insulted the royal family and attacked them are up there with anti-vaxxers and flat earthers because all three rely on lying to themselves and others to try to validate their own falsities.
I doubt most of them actually watched it at all; they're just reading what other people have said about it, and going with that as being accurate. Like writing a English Lit essay on a novel you didn't read by skimming over the Wikipedia page.
Old 15-04-2021, 07:37 AM #510
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I doubt most of them actually watched it at all; they're just reading what other people have said about it, and going with that as being accurate. Like writing a English Lit essay on a novel you didn't read by skimming over the Wikipedia page.
I asked marsh but he didn’t reply, would you have done that interview ts.
Old 15-04-2021, 07:43 AM #511
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
If myself or my wife was being rubbished all over the press and had a bunch of bureaucrats were insisting I couldn't refute the articles? I'd have done the interview, named names, and aired every last piece of The Firm's dirty laundry ten times over. And that's if I was Harry; Meghan owes them even less.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-04-2021 at 07:43 AM.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:00 AM #512
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
If myself or my wife was being rubbished all over the press and had a bunch of bureaucrats were insisting I couldn't refute the articles? I'd have done the interview, named names, and aired every last piece of The Firm's dirty laundry ten times over. And that's if I was Harry; Meghan owes them even less.
But it’s only actually hurt his family and in time himself if not already

Bureaucrats couldn’t give a toss

And the interview did themselves more harm than good because it was filled with untruths and half truths that made the people that didn’t believe them before the interview justified in not believing them
Old 15-04-2021, 08:08 AM #513
-

-

Quote:

And the interview did themselves more harm than good because it was filled with untruths and half truths that made the people that didn’t believe them before the interview justified in not believing them
I suppose then to clarify; I wouldn't have done Oprah because yes those US-style interviews are what they are. They're tailored for US television so, like US reality television, they like to "curate" the interview a bit. That's mostly just a cultural difference. When I say I'd have done it I just mean I wouldn't have stayed quiet, and "hurting your family's feelings" shouldn't be a reason to say nothing. What's the point? It only leads to resentment - in fact I'd say years of Harry keeping his mouth shut on thing he'd have liked to talk about more (Diana) has already lead to some resentment. The more important aspect of his family is his wife and child now. That's just what happens when you have kids; I strongly believe your loyalties should always lie with your OWN family that you've started, your spouse and children, not with your parents/grandparents/siblings.

So yes I'd have done an interview, but no it probably wouldn't have been that style of interview.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-04-2021 at 08:10 AM.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:24 AM #514
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
I suppose then to clarify; I wouldn't have done Oprah because yes those US-style interviews are what they are. They're tailored for US television so, like US reality television, they like to "curate" the interview a bit. That's mostly just a cultural difference. When I say I'd have done it I just mean I wouldn't have stayed quiet, and "hurting your family's feelings" shouldn't be a reason to say nothing. What's the point? It only leads to resentment - in fact I'd say years of Harry keeping his mouth shut on thing he'd have liked to talk about more (Diana) has already lead to some resentment. The more important aspect of his family is his wife and child now. That's just what happens when you have kids; I strongly believe your loyalties should always lie with your OWN family that you've started, your spouse and children, not with your parents/grandparents/siblings.

So yes I'd have done an interview, but no it probably wouldn't have been that style of interview.
But you could of called your family out to their face and not got the whole world involved.

There now needs to be a line drawn under this no one is standing in Harry and meghans way.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:30 AM #515

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes, I agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry is regretting it. The lies were just so unnessesary so it was spite really just to insult their own family and make them look bad, but all it did was make them look bad. Polls afterwards showed how their popularity plummeted even more in the aftermath. It showed that not many like disloyal squealers who feel they need to tell the whole world how victimised they thought they were. I mean, who does that? Pathetic.

Last edited by jet; 15-04-2021 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 15-04-2021, 08:38 AM #516
-

-

Quote:
But you could of called your family out to their face and not got the whole world involved.

There now needs to be a line drawn under this no one is standing in Harry and meghans way.

I highly doubt the interview was the first the family had heard about these issues.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:45 AM #517

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, I agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry is regretting it. The lies were just so unnessesary so it was spite really just to insult their own family and make them look bad, but all it did was make them look bad. Poll afterwards showed how their popularity plummeted even more in the aftermath. It showed that not many like disloyal squealers who feel they need to tell the whole world how victimised they thought they were. I mean, who does that? Pathetic.
Oh because Harry & Meghan were loved so much in the media before the interview? , Was Meghan meant to sit and shut up at all the racist abuse and verbal insults and nit picking she got written and said about her.

The Royal institution clearly has alot of problems which needed to have light shed on it , and Harry & Meghan have shown how it wasn't all rosy behind doors. So stepping back was the best option.

The monarchy needs to be brought into the 21st century , not everyone is going to grin and bear it if things are going badly.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:16 AM #518

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post

The Royal institution clearly has alot of problems which needed to have light shed on it
If they were going to complain in front of the world, they needed to focus on real, valid complaints and not a lot of spiteful guff against the family which have subsequently been proven to be lies, half truths and exaggerations.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:21 AM #519
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

everyone knows the monarchy needs bringing up to date, it's been obvious for decades, but nothing will happen until the queen dies
Old 15-04-2021, 09:25 AM #520

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I agree. They have the glitzy lifestyle they wanted (or Meghan wanted more imo), the money deals they wanted, no pesky royal duties, the celeb 'friends', the lovely home, a little boy and a girl on the way. There was no point whatsoever in doing an interview spilling their bile and stirring up more trouble, it was pure spite. I really don't think they are happy people.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:28 AM #521
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
It was reported after the interview on all the news bulletins that both had stated that neither the Queen or Prince Philip had made the inappropriate comment.

So she never rubbished him at all.
that happened the next day when the sht hit the fan and the comments backfired - sadly by then the damage had been done. There was no need whatsoever for a private conversation to be taken out of context deliberately for salacious gossip reasons and to get headlines

it was cruel, cold and heartless
Old 15-04-2021, 09:47 AM #522
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
that happened the next day when the sht hit the fan and the comments backfired - sadly by then the damage had been done. There was no need whatsoever for a private conversation to be taken out of context deliberately for salacious gossip reasons and to get headlines

it was cruel, cold and heartless
Old 15-04-2021, 09:51 AM #523

Quote:
This is not a trick question marsh
Would you have done that interview?
Not sure of the relevance, but it's not a question I can answer as I haven't lived Harry or Meghan's life so have no basis to form that decision on.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:52 AM #524

Quote:
Apologies for not answering instantly. My crystal ball that informs me of when someone has quoted me on tibb is on the blink.
Old 15-04-2021, 10:35 AM #525

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Not sure of the relevance, but it's not a question I can answer as I haven't lived Harry or Meghan's life so have no basis to form that decision on.
I don't think any of us can know for certain unless we were in their shoes, being a public figure who's not only famous but part of the royals ,which plays a big part of it aswell.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cost, discussion, harry, meghan, official, security, taxpayer, thread, visit