Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 AM #1
Nah

Nah

Default Season 13, Episode 14 - "Gettin' Lucky!"

854th episode of the everlasting, never-ending quest to find America's Next Top Podcaster/Artist performing in her Living Room 2021.

Thoughts about this episode?
Old 10-04-2021, 09:42 AM #2
Nah

Nah

I expected Ru not to eliminate any of them but still hoped Kandy would finally leave. And I still ended up disappointed that she didn't.

The rumix was not good. And somehow, "A Little Bit of Love" in UK2 managed to do better. And God knows it wasn't great either.
We really haven't had a good Rumix since "American" in S10. They all SUCKED since (special mention to Super Queen that I don't know what the producers smoked or snorted to destroy what could have been a great rumix)

Back to the episode, Rosé did the best and I already feel hearbroken for her because Ru and the judges don't like her despite doing the best for weeks, being such a professionnal and a great performer.
She has no sob stories, she's tough and she's not crying every 2 minutes so Ru obviously hates that. I'm not even particularly warming up to Rosé but I give credit where credit is due and she deserves to win so much.
Her part in the rumix was very good, well executed and on point.

Gottmik did second best, and now I can see Ru crowning them. She's in love with Mik. I can see why but did they do enough to get the crown? Idk. Their fashion never took me off my seat either. Yes it's good but not completely crazy either.

Symone....Now that's a tough one because I love her and her winning makes so much sense. I'm not sure what to think. On one hand she's so unique, charismatic, original and fierce. On the other, I feel like it got one note pretty quick and didn't excel as much as we wanted her to. I know she's got 4 wins but something is off for a few episodes now. In the rumix, she didn't bring the Symone as much as she used to either. idk, I'm on the fence about it.

Runway wise, it was ok given the fact they had to do everything during a pandemic. But we've seen better runways earlier in the season?
Rosé's was my favorite. I was a little disappointed in Gottmik and Symone, I was so hyped about their final look. And Kandy didn't surprise me because that's Kandy.

I can't predict a winner at this point because track record doesn't mean anything anymore. So why not crowning Kandy or having a triple tie I'm pretty sure Rosé won't win, that's the only thing I can see happening.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 10-04-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:55 AM #3
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Ugh. I was hoping we could finally see Kandy get the boot, how disappointing. Her runway was not ‘final four eleganza’ it was more entrance look if anything and her verse in the Ru-mix was incoherent noise. I knew going into the episode they weren’t going to eliminate anybody but I thought given how poor she did she would get the boot...

I’m also expecting a Mik win now. I love Rosé and I think she’s gonna garner the most support from fans but I agree with Remy, she’s not somebody Ru would pick as a winner. She’s been the most consistent all series and really excelled in the latter half but she’s almost too polished and confident for Ru. It’s between Gottmik and Symone I’d say, but I can see Gottmik narrowly snatching it.

Last edited by Daniel-X; 10-04-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:57 PM #4
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

a good end-ish episode until the prober final. the song was ****. rose and gottmik had the best verses. while in the final runway symone and gottmik had the best looks. they all did a solid final runway. I think it will either be symone or gottmik for the crown in the end.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:00 PM #5
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Pointless ep, I was bored for most of it

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:02 PM #6
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Also didn’t get why they were all gagged at a top 4 when that’s how it’s been for the last what? 5 years?

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:00 AM #7
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Also didn’t get why they were all gagged at a top 4 when that’s how it’s been for the last what? 5 years?
I legit assumed tonight was the finale... because there is always a top 4 now days. It was good talent... but Kandy was obvious the 4th place queen in this episode. I'm kind of peaved it's dragging into the next episode
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, 14, episode, gettin lucky, season